OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

[quote name='jdirtybird32']Well I went to my local and they had nothing, just the usual clearance rack with the same games always there, and holes all over the place. Now my CC sucks bad and never sells out during these deals so I assume they shelved everything in the back. My gripe is all you people buying multiple copies of these games to sell them. Some of us really want to pick up and play great games like Viewtiful Joe and Disgaea, among others like Wakeboarding Unleashed. However every time you of these great deals happen everyone on this board runs out and buys as many copies as they can get costing us other gamers the chance to play a game and own it cheap. Sorry about the rant but this happens every time one of these deals gets done, and then I have to go to a crappier store like Gamestop just to get the game that somebody bought for 5 bucks so they could make money, it just really angers me.[/quote]

Maybe you would've had better luck if you went a little earlier. Deal has been on since Saturday.

I went to the one here in Durham yesterday, and here's what I picked up.

Ninja Assault
RE: Dead Aim
Grandia Xtreme
Wheel Of Fortune
Threads of Fate
Dragon Warrior VII

Not bad, i really wanted to find a copy of Suikoden 3 or Rez, but had no luck. But I'm happy with what I got. Thanks to the OP.

I went to a Circuit City that was in Burbank around 11:00 AM this morning. I wanted to go Saturday night, but my mom and my sister were too busy to take me. I got:

Pikmin (GC)
NCAA College Football 2k3 (GC) - Wasn't this game rare? I searched on ebay and it doesn't seem to be going high.

I then went to a Circuit City near me which I went to this past Saturday, and it seems many games were either purchased or stored in the back because when I went on Saturday there were many games I decided not to pickup. I did manage to get:

Roadkill (PS2)
King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (PS2)

[quote name='p0tempkin'][quote name='jdirtybird32']Well I went to my local and they had nothing, just the usual clearance rack with the same games always there, and holes all over the place. Now my CC sucks bad and never sells out during these deals so I assume they shelved everything in the back. My gripe is all you people buying multiple copies of these games to sell them. Some of us really want to pick up and play great games like Viewtiful Joe and Disgaea, among others like Wakeboarding Unleashed. However every time you of these great deals happen everyone on this board runs out and buys as many copies as they can get costing us other gamers the chance to play a game and own it cheap. Sorry about the rant but this happens every time one of these deals gets done, and then I have to go to a crappier store like Gamestop just to get the game that somebody bought for 5 bucks so they could make money, it just really angers me.[/quote]

Maybe you would've had better luck if you went a little earlier. Deal has been on since Saturday.[/quote]

Problem is I had family coming to my house for the 4th of July and I was cooking entertaining all weekend. My complaint isn't that I didn't get anything, my complaint is the people buying multiple copies of the games, when there should be a limit of one title per person. This site has just turned into a bragging site of who bought the most titles at the cheapest price to make the most money on, rather then a site to help us poor gamers afford a good game we want. I don't have the money to buy 30 games even at $5 a pop, I have other more pressing bills but I would like to drop 5 to get a copy of Viewtiful Joe, it seemed really fun the little bit I played.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I went to a Circuit City that was in Burbank around 11:00 AM this morning. I wanted to go Saturday night, but my mom and my sister were too busy to take me. I got:

Pikmin (GC)
NCAA College Football 2k3 (GC) - Wasn't this game rare? I searched on ebay and it doesn't seem to be going high.

I then went to a Circuit City near me which I went to this past Saturday, and it seems many games were either purchased or stored in the back. I did manage to get:

Roadkill (PS2)
King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (PS2)[/quote]

NCAA Basketball 2k3 is the rare gamecube game, just to let you know

I bought the spidey 2 soundtrack. It was 8.99.

Hell, ive seen the movie 3 times, might as well drive with the sounds of it...

[quote name='MarKZ']my CC was all out of the deals! I live in Atlanta GA, and went to the lenox location... if anyone was planning to go there I just wanted to give you the heads up. I guess I can wait until Sunday... my birthday is the 8th.[/quote]

Maybe you should see my other thread, about the reason you couldn't find any games at Lenox. I got there at about 11:30 am and saw a guy buying every single copy of ever single game on the list; literally HUNDREDS of games.

Sorry man, we both missed out!! The Perimeter mall CC had a decent selection, but I'm sure they're all gone by now....

Might want to add that just like Maximo, Virtua Fighter 4 only works for the non-GH version. I've had VF4:Evo since it came out and figured I'd give the first version a shot (mainly for Kumite mode). So I tried to buy a GH version of the original VF4, but it rang up at it's full price of $19.99.

[quote name='sjividen']Add Rayman 3 for Xbox.

Also, tried Syberia and Jedi Outcast, but both were regular price.[/quote]Syberia is YMMV, some folks have managed to get it for $5

Here's a picture of the games I picked up guys... I got 5 at CompUSA w/ a price match but they only let me take 5 because my Circuit City also has a limit of 5 aftr I bought 24 games yesterday.

Pootie_Thangs_Games.JPG

Can everyone post the location of where they got their deal from? I think that would help a bit since I live in the West Coast and most of the people picking games up today (7/5) are on the East Coast.

Thanks!

[quote name='geowong78']Can everyone post the location of where they got their deal from? I think that would help a bit since I live in the West Coast and most of the people picking games up today (7/5) are on the East Coast.

Thanks![/quote]

Just got back from 2 stores in Vegas with 5 Xbox games, Clone Wars, Baldurs Gate DA 1, Blood Omen 2, Grabbed by the Goulies, and Dino Crisis 3. Almost got Evil Dead but there was a guy there who missed it and when I grabbed it went "OH CRAP I REALLY WANTED THAT", so I was nice and gave it to him.

[quote name='Richter'][quote name='sjividen']Add Rayman 3 for Xbox.

Also, tried Syberia and Jedi Outcast, but both were regular price.[/quote]Syberia is YMMV, some folks have managed to get it for $5[/quote]

All the Vegas CCs are showing Syberia at $4.99.

Picked up Clone Wars, Blood Omen 2, Baldurs Gate DA 1, Grabbed by the Goulies, and Dino Crisis 3 all for Xbox. Brings the total games got at CC in the past 2 days at 13 - 12 bought at stores and 1 from CC.com being shipped. I'm happy - I'll probably go back after the 11th to see if any more games have been put out, but I got pretty much what I wanted.

For what its worth, Capcom VS SNK EO for the GC Is also on the list. I just bought it after seeing someone else with a list there...I wonder who it was...

Add Xgra to the Xbox list. I also want to thank the creator of this topic, and all the people that have posted so far. I am in gaming heaven. I picked up so many games, but I am giving some away to my friends and family as presents. Once again thank you guys for your help.

My friend that works at Circuit City said that there are a slew of gamers coming in with printed out lists. However.. they're not from CAG. They're from the Gamespot forums. Somebody copied and pasted the list from here on the night of the third and posted it on gamespot's forums. So this thing has hit a much broader audience than usual (and thus why they are selling out of games much faster). I was wondering how somebody beat me to Grandia Xtreme, because I'm the only CAG in Montgomery AL to the best of my knowledge.

First day all I got was Pacman Fever, I was pissed off because an employee said a guy came like 30min ago and cleaned the shelf (bought everything). I went back today and got Megaman Battle Network 2, Megaman Zero, and Robotech: The Macross Saga for GB Advance

Obviously, I'm one of the noobs thats just gotten here because of this sale. Nonetheless, I'll share my CC experience.

Firstly, I went to the CC in Willow Grove in PA. Picked up three games. Boktai, MGS:Substance for Xbox, and BloodRayne for Xbox. I talked with an employee there for a short couple of minutes and he let me know that most of the games were pulled off the shelves because the sale doesn't actually start until next sunday. So, off to the next CC I went.

Me and my friend Greg went to the Circuit city at Oxford Valley. Picked up Munch's Oddyssey(Xbox), and Dragon's Lair 3d(GC). Alot of GBA games(Lunar, Phantasy Star, Tekken, F-Zero and Golden Sun). Once again, most of the games were pulled from the racks and will be put back out on sunday(check saturday night kiddies).

We then traveled to the CC in Northeast Philly by the Roosevelt Mall. NOTHING! Not one game on the list. Completely cleared out, or removed from the racks. It was disheartening.

So, next sat/sun check out your CC, they'll be putting the rest of their games out.

Well I picked up Minority Report (gc), MGS2:S (xbox), Siberia (xbox), and the great escape (xbox).

This is all that was left....I found them in a bin, not on the shelves...I thought that the store might have placed them in the back as others have mentioned however a gamer employee said someone had come earlier and literally bought 90 games; many duplicates as well. I gave him the list I had so he could grab something that was left(if he could find anything left).

So, whoever picked apart the circuit city on route 70 in Brick (ocean county) in New Jersey to sell/make cash....thanks for killing a store for gamers.

Now to find another CC...they are few and far between around here...

I went to two of the Vegas stores (Trop & Eastern and the one by the Galleria) and was able to come away with a small haul, though the stores were gutted pretty badly.

Syberia for the Xbox, Shaun Murray Wakeboarding and NHL Hitz Pro for the PS2 and Zone of the Enders GBA. Nothing spectacular, but still some good deals.

I was just at the CC in San Jose, CA off Almaden. They seemed to have a few games on sale, but then one of the CC employees came up to me and asked me if I was there for the 4.99 sale. I said yeah, then the guy told me that that CC won't honor the 4.99 price until the actual sale, which was Sunday. Sux.

[quote name='suko_32']First day all I got was Pacman Fever, I was pissed off because an employee said a guy came like 30min ago and cleaned the shelf (bought everything). I went back today and got Megaman Battle Network 2, Megaman Zero, and Robotech: The Macross Saga for GB Advance[/quote]did you see any more MM Zero's & Robotech's?

mmn & KeeperX, I also hit both of the CC's on Trop & Eastern and the one by the Galleria yesterday morning. Nice to see we have so many cheapass Vegas folks. I picked up Star Wars: Clone Wars, Aggresive Inline, State of Emergency, NHL 2K3 and Roadkill. The sales guy in the store was really nice and pointed out all of the games that were left that were $4.99! He also said that someone else game in just before me and scored about 10 games.

omg, i so agree with jdirtybird32 about poeple buying out everything. i dont get how people are buying whol lists even if its 5 dollars...besides it gives the rest of us Cheapass gamers harder chance to find the game we want on sucha great deal

[quote name='Vyse']mmn & KeeperX, I also hit both of the CC's on Trop & Eastern and the one by the Galleria yesterday morning. Nice to see we have so many cheapass Vegas folks. I picked up Star Wars: Clone Wars, Aggresive Inline, State of Emergency, NHL 2K3 and Roadkill. The sales guy in the store was really nice and pointed out all of the games that were left that were $4.99! He also said that someone else game in just before me and scored about 10 games.[/quote]

I've hit all 4 CCs in town and I can tell you, they're all pretty much gutted now except for old sports games. Most of the stores I hit I was lucky and found 1 copy left for most of the games I wanted, such as Blood Omen 2, Dino Crisis 3, Grabbed by the Goulies, Baldurs Gate 1, and Dynasty Warriors 3.

All us cheapass Vegas folks should get together and play Halo some time :)

[quote name='kodec']I was just at the CC in San Jose, CA off Almaden. They seemed to have a few games on sale, but then one of the CC employees came up to me and asked me if I was there for the 4.99 sale. I said yeah, then the guy told me that that CC won't honor the 4.99 price until the actual sale, which was Sunday. Sux.[/quote]

I went to that CC on Saturday and I didn't really see many games on the list anyway. But then again, I went there when the list was premature

Just got back from the Gateway Center CC in Brooklyn, NY and got the following:

Chaos Legion for PS2
NHL Hitz Pro for PS2
Wallace and Grommit for PS2
Oddworld for Xbox
The Great Escape For Xbox
Universal Studios for Gamecube
2002 Fifa World Cup for Gamecube for a friend
Golden Sun for GBA
Crazy Taxi for GBA
Sim City 2000 for GBA

Yea, Beyond Good and Evil isn't 4.99.

Does anyone know if Zelda: Link to the Past rings up at 4.99? My CC had a copy left, hiding behind something else marked at 30, but I don't really feel like driving all the way back there unless this is confirmed.

The store on 95th in Overland Park, KS is a victim of the employees putting everything in the back. There's still some hope at the 110th and Metcalf store, though. Managed to find Headhunter, Endgame, Super Bust-A-Move, and Frequency for PS2 and Crazy Taxi for GBA. By the way, Sonic Advance 2, despite being on the list, is not 5 bucks.

And here's a shoutout to Master Kyo...it was cool running into a fellow CAG!

[quote name='killa_momo']its poeple like pootie thing that makes it almost impossible for poepel like me to get Viewtiful Joe >:[[/quote]

Hey... what are you talking about. There was only 1 copy left at my CC so I took it. I went to CompUSA to price match 2 more copies, look at the picture. 2 copies don't have CC stickers on it.

But I live in Memphis, TN, so alot of the games are probably already bought up. And what also sucks is that there's no GameRush around the area. No deals whatsoever for me. Luckily I'm moving to Cincinnati, OH on Friday and there's about 10 Gamerush's in the city n stuff. Can't wait...

Just got back from CC, and someone took the last Moto GP 2 right in front of my face...SHIT, however I got Grabbed by the Ghoulies, ESPN NHL 2k4, Substance, and Dead to Rights all for Xbox, great deals!

[quote name='bowsernieb']By the way, Sonic Advance 2, despite being on the list, is not 5 bucks. [/quote]i can confirm that it is not as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back