OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

Here's hoping CC still goes through with the sale as planned...because that pricematching could work like magic if we have an advertised list. Just hope that BB doesn't crap out and not let us do it. Though I found a few, the ones I really really wanted were gone (or else they never had them).

Going to have to try getting there early next weekend...see if I can catch some of those that they took to the back.

Quick check: Monster Rancher 3 and Wario World are $4.99 titles? I checked both, and Monster Rancher 3 rang up at $19.99 and Wario World rang up at $29.99. -_-

Was anyone able to get these games for $4.99? Thanks.

An employee at one of the Circuit Citys I went to said that some guys from a local gamestore (GameXchange) had come in on Sunday & cleared them out.

Bastards.

It turns out my family is going on vacation starting Saturday so I'm going to have to go to CC tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope my store still has good games left.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']Quick check: Monster Rancher 3 and Wario World are $4.99 titles? I checked both, and Monster Rancher 3 rang up at $19.99 and Wario World rang up at $29.99. -_-

Was anyone able to get these games for $4.99? Thanks.[/quote]

Monster Rancher 3 is ringing up $19.99 for a lot of people. I don't think Wario World was ever part of the CC sale. It was $5.00 at Best Buy when they had a $5 sale.

[quote name='yellowaznboy']Quick check: Monster Rancher 3 and Wario World are $4.99 titles? I checked both, and Monster Rancher 3 rang up at $19.99 and Wario World rang up at $29.99. -_-

Was anyone able to get these games for $4.99? Thanks.[/quote]

Wario World defenitely isn't--checked yesterday and still rang up for 29.99

[quote name='jaybird']An employee at one of the Circuit Citys I went to said that some guys from a local gamestore (GameXchange) had come in on Sunday & cleared them out.

Bastards.[/quote]

HAHA. He's probably going to sell 'em new at his own store.

[quote name='Richter']I got a negative on Monster rancher 3[/quote]

Richter,

Did you go back to CC in Pensacola today? I was one of the three of us there Sunday AM with lists (I had on the green shorts and the Auburn t-shirt, I had just come from the gym). I was wondering if they had anything left. After you left the girl cashier that was so nice got in trouble with someone I assume was her superior and left the department (something about shopping while on the clock) and the guy that replaced her at the register gave me a hard time and got the manager involved when he saw how many games I was buying. I had to show them that many of the games were marked $4.99 on their web page before they deceided to go ahead and let me get my 15 games.
I was thinking about going back up there to night, but wont if they are putting restrictions in place or have pulled everything.

EDIT: never mind Richter, I saw your post in one of the other threads saying there is nothing of value left at the Pcola location. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the updated list as of yesterday.

I still can't get Morrowind GOTY to work. I have tried multiple times and I am positive it was the non-PH edition.

I got the following:

PS2-
Rez
RE: Dead Aim
Gitaroo Man
Ico
The Bouncer

Xbox-
NHL Hitz 2k3

GBA:
Tactics Ogre
Boktai

I got the following:

PS2-
Rez
RE: Dead Aim
Gitaroo Man
Ico
The Bouncer

Xbox-
NHL Hitz 2k3

GBA:
Tactics Ogre
Boktai

Damn that a good take (above). Especially if you just went today. i decided to go back to a CC that i went to on Sunday and was surprised to find a few decent game that i missed before.

Toejam and Earl 3 (really wanted this one too)
Extermination
MDK 2 Armageddon
Odd World (Xbox)
Gladius (one of the main reasons i went back to this store)
Ephermal Fantasia

[quote name='Puzznic']Ephermal Fantasia[/quote]

I'm sorry. Oh, so sorry. The deals on the rest of these games don't amount to the pain you will have with EF. That game is such ass. Unless you have the Guitar Freaks controller, of course, and then it's... still ass.

[quote name='aloneagainor']What does OP mean?
Reporting from Houston, TX, Willowbrook location:
I ended up buying only Frequency for $5. No Viewtiful Joe, no Ikaruga, no Marvel Vs Capcom. And I dont know if someone has said this already or not, but Evil Dead for the PS2 is not 4.99. Here are some of the games I saw that I didn't buy:
-Pac Man Fever
-Roadkill
-Pikmin (non PC)
-PN 03 (only 1 copy left)
-Bloody Roar 4
-I saw some Mega Man games, but I don't know the titles. They had quite a few, though.
-Maximo
-Clone Wars
-Chaos Legion

Any fellow Houstonians hit up any stores? If so, PM me.
The employees knew about the 4.99 games and there was a sign that said "limit one per title per customer".

Edit: Code Veronica for the PS2 or GC is 4.99?[/quote]

I was at the Willowbrook location at 11 am on Sunday. There was maybe only one other customer there that was aware of the $4.99 games. He seemed kinda hesitant to pick-up any games, but those he did pick up were the ones on clearance. I had pretty much free reign at this CC. I could've cleaned out the place of all $5 games.

I picked up:
for GCN
RE: CVX
Mario Party 4
Megaman Network Transmission
Pac-Man Fever
Timesplitters 2
Red Faction 2

for PS2:
Disgaea (last copy I believe)
Dark Cloud 2

No employees in the store seemed to even know about it. The cashier didn't even look at how much the games were ringing up for. I left at about 11:30, and got home at about 11:45. My sister and a cousin who had spent the night were up and wanted to go see what games CC had. I went back at about 12, and it seemed like no one had bought anything since I had been there earlier. This time, my sister found Street Fighter EX3 and Bloody Roar 4 for the PS2. My 10 year old cousin got Disney Party, Mario Party 4, and Pac-Man Fever. There were 3-4 copies of Ikaruga when I left at 12:30. I didn't see Viewtiful Joe or MvC2 at all. There were lots of copies of other games though, but nothing that caught my eye.

Finally managed to find something fairly good. I picked up MGS2 Substance (Xbox). Tried to get Syberia too but when they scanned it, still came out at full price, so no go.

I knew I should've went yesterday, but couldn't. Today everyone knew about it. The employees and I saw a dude (like probably 20-something years old) with a list. I spent almost an hour browsing through everything, every rack (except for the Xbox and GBA racks).

The Hurst, TX CC isn't honoring the price, they had flyers printed up that said the price was a mistake. They still had a copy of Rez for $39.99. Bastards.

The Arlington and Irving stores were pretty much picked clean by the time I got there.

The only thing I got was Chu Chu Rocket on GBA.

I hit the Kennewick, WA CC yesterday afternoon. The PS2 and GBA aisles were wrecks, so I assumed that other CAGers had hit it already. That said, I still managed to find several of the games on the list. I saw a couple that I had bought several months ago during the previous CC sale, so I left those for anyone else in eastern Washington. I really wanted Marvel vs Capcom 2, Ikaruga, and Ico but no copies of those were to be found.

New additions:
XBox
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
The Thing
Colin McRae Rally 03

Also picked up
PS2
Deus Ex

XBox
Timesplitters 2 (Laurel, MD had it at 19.99, Wheaton, MD 4.99)
Metal Gear Solid 2
ESPN NHL Hockey
MLB Slugfest 20-04
Evil Dead
JSRF

I went to 2 Circuit Cities today, neither seemed to have titles pulled and both were accomadating.

---
Check this out
---

Here's something to get a few riled up here... and it may even be our friend Chaoz. I went out again today with my little brother to find him Spyhunter for himself, but more on that trip later.. first the background. I live in San Diego as does Chaoz, supposedly, and/or whomever this person is (if it's not him, but too many things seem the same). Anyway, the first time I went looking for some deals was Saturday night and I saw this guy throwing mad titles into a basket. It was a blur as this guy ninja flipped titles and shot putted them into his basket. As this was before the Chaoz post, I didn't think much of it.

I get home and the Chaoz posts unfold. The picture of his stash still being burned into my head, along with his age, which he said was "39". This guy I saw that night was older, balding somewhat and was a fiend at that store so maybe they were one in the same. Again, who knows.

So I go out today, as I mentioned earlier, to get something with my brother for him. I go to one store, find what I'm after thankfully, while my wife is looking for Bomberman Generations for me. Lo and behold, who do I recognize with another mad stash? The older guy.... not content with his other hauls apparently.

So we fail on Bomberman, score on Spyhunter (and Pikmin!) and proceed to talk to the clerks as we check out. Seems -that- guy, Chaoz perhaps, was BRAGGING about how in January he had loaded up on cheap titles in a similiar fashion, "returned" them at Best Buy for gift cards (policy?) and BOUGHT A PLASMA TV WITH THE GIFT CARDS. Um... WTF? You're denying true gamers good values to commit fraud and buy a plasma tv? YOU'RE AWESOME!

I'm sorry, but if you're reading this mister CC rapist, I hope you're happy (probably are too). That's just wrong no matter what angle you try to justify it with. One clerk on Saturday had asked me if I intended to sell the few games I bought. I told her I only bought what I was going to actually play. There were many titles (none that great though) that I could of bought to profit, but why? Why be the guy that pulls a Chaoz, or whomever this chode was and ruin it for us all? The worst part... he's probably well on his way to turning these in for some other type of credit, fraudulenty once more, and perhaps even being foolish enough to BRAG about it like he was cool...

Shame... and straight up shitty to do.

On a brighter note, I did manage to find Chu Chu Rocket and Boktai at another store that perhaps didn't incur his wrath, yet. Total, SINGLE COPY games found - 18. All of which are now in my game cabinet, and not on ebay.

There are games out there still for you San Diegans willing to look. I saw plenty of Serious Sams, Roadkills, Rygars, Spyhunters, Chu Chu Rockets, Jet Grind Radios, Timesplitters and more. Not the best, but not too shabby either.

motherfucker... i go home with my girlfriend for one goddam weekend and am offline and miss the deal of the century... i'm gonna drive for an hour down to lansing tomorrow to see if i can scoop up anything that's left... god i'm pissed

I just got back from my local CC i only had like 17bucks so i picked up:
xbox:
Gladius
Dino Crisis 3
Secret Weapons over normandy
GRAND TOTAL: $$$16.22

My CC was full of games...doesnt look like a single person new about the sale...the shelves were packed with games...i live in st.louis mo...go to the CC my mills mall its full of games!!!

thanks alot guys for the heads up!!

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!! IS THE POWER OF THE ONE RING ON ALL OF US?!?!?!

We're all turning against each other like CC has some crazy magical voodoo!!

PEACE!!!!

I went to 3 CCs today here in NorCal. If someone could check the SF one or any other Bay Area CCs it would be great. Details:

Hayward CC, on Hesperian over by Southland Mall
Had signs saying they would not honor $4.99 games till July 11th. They had slim pickins though. They're selection is pretty horrible.

Newark/Fremont CC, on Mowry, across from New Park Mall
I called ahead and they said I might be able to find a couple $4.99 games but not much since they got raided a couple times. I even asked him check if they had a MvC2 but they were out. Went anyway, they had a bin of $4.99-29.99 games. All $4.99 PS2 and GC were basically gone. All messed up and shit. I found a GH Maximo and Golden Sun, they both scanned at $19.99. They had tons of XBOX though. So XBox owners could probably clean up there.

Emeryville CC, on Christie Ave in the Powell Plaza
Same as the Hayward CC. Had signs saying the $4.99 game sale won't start till the 11th. They were stocked alright for GC, PS2, and GBA. Didn't check Xbox. Nothing special though, no MvC2, Disgaea, Ikaruga, or VJ. Might be worth another look on the 11th.

If anyone has a spare Marvel VS Capcom 2 for PS2 that they can sell me, please PM me. It would be greatly appreciated.

so i went to my CC today. i'm looking through the games and to my astonishment i found almost all the games i was really looking for and some others i was just gonna pick up just to have. So at this point i am extrely happy. singing a happy tune i walk up to the register and they start ringing up the games. I was looking at that little screen that tells you the price and they were all coming up regular price. So i'm standing there thing to myself WTF. so i ask "arent these games suppose to be only 4.99?." The cashier says "only the ones that you find in the bargain bin and have a 4.99 sticker are priced at 4.99." I was just confused. i asked to speak with somone else, and he said the same thing. It seems my CC has decided to only lower the prices on some of the games that are on the list. i was wondering if anyone else got screwed over, or if the world just hates me. i did end up with gitarooman and clock tower 3 thou.

Does anyone think they can help me? I went to Circuit City in Riverdale and they told me that some man came in Sunday and payed over 500 dollars worth for the games. That's kinda unfair. That bastard is just gonna sell them for really high prices on ebay. The only games they had were Haunted Mansion, Wheel of Fortune, Parappa, some NFL games, Frequency, and Crazy Taxi 3. I missed a day of work just for this crap. Really pisses me off. If anyone can find Morrowind GOTY, ToeJam and Earl 3, The Bouncer or Dead or Alive 3. I would really appreciate it. Please, any help would be nice. I'd be willing to do anything. Please pm me at [email protected]

Finally got my mom to go out she got

Megaman battle network 2
megaman zero 2
megaman & Bass
Boktai
Fzero (Gba)
Wrestlemania 19

Im trying to get out there myself 2morow
gotta see if my PO will let me

I went today for my third time, and they rang up at 4.99, but the guy said he had to charge me the sticker price. I asked him to make sure, and he did, and said yes.

If anyone can find that Rugrats and Spongebob game for the Cube please pm me. My neice would really appreciate them :p

Btw, anyone have an extra Chaos Legion

[quote name='jaybird']An employee at one of the Circuit Citys I went to said that some guys from a local gamestore (GameXchange) had come in on Sunday & cleared them out.

Bastards.[/quote]

yeah i know that store. i sold them a couple of games i got today from CC ...

got $85 for selling 12 duplicate games. i don't think these guys knew about the CC deal. you gotta act quick if you want to sell them locally!

wichita, ks

-k

I just called the Best Buy nearest to me, and they said they would need an ad, or the actual reciept to pricematch the games. They would not call stores to verify prices.

[quote name='Kodiak'][quote name='jaybird']An employee at one of the Circuit Citys I went to said that some guys from a local gamestore (GameXchange) had come in on Sunday & cleared them out.

Bastards.[/quote]

yeah i know that store. i sold them a couple of games i got today from CC ...

got $85 for selling 12 duplicate games. i don't think these guys knew about the CC deal. you gotta act quick if you want to sell them locally!

wichita, ks

-k[/quote]

Wow, $85 for selling $60 worth of games? That's a real big profit there....... :roll:

[quote name='Discofunkyboy']Does anyone think they can help me? I went to Circuit City in Riverdale and they told me that some man came in Sunday and payed over 500 dollars worth for the games. That's kinda unf[/quote]doubt it, with all them fees he has to pay, he'll probably break even. eBay is flooded with these titles

I'm one lucky bastard.

I didn't find out about this till last night at about closing time. I figured after the weekend I'd find nothing today.

Instead over four stores I found 25 games for me and for gifts. I already had the big ones, Viewtiful Joe, Disagea, DMC 2, etc and good thing because I saw none of those.

On the other hand I found plenty of awesome deals and got pretty much everything I wanted. I'd list them but you guys already have seen them listed.

The moral: Don't give up. Keep looking.

Oh one problem I ran into. I went to four store and the first 3 were all honoring the deal no problem. Then the fourth had big signs that the 4.99 prices were an error and they would not honor them, regardless of the fact that they were ringing up 4.99

So I bought them and got a PA at another location. :twisted: :twisted:

Picked up today:

GBA: Tekken Advance, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, Game and Watch Gallery 4, Super Ghouls and Ghosts

XBOX: Quantum Redshift, Jet Set Radio Future, Gunvalkyrie, Aliens vs Predator Extinction

GC: Pikmin, Wave Race.

I'll be posting some of these over in the trading forum.

This was at the CC in Robinson Town Center (outside of Pittsburgh, PA). They still had some of the games on the list, and some of the ones that I mention above. Pickings were kind of slim, as they had moved a bunch of them up to another section, which had mostly really bad games...

games.jpg

The guy who posted this picture originally is another san diegan, and an ebay reseller. he's prolly the reason I couldn't find half the stuff I was looking for (so trade with me!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back