[Old Rumor - Not happening] REZ we get a re-issue in November for $19.99!!

I had placed a local(S.F.) online ad on craigslist.org trying to sell it for $40 a few months back. No one answered to the ad.

Then I read the rumor in the last issue of OPM and I kept checking their website to see if there were any updates. Although my older brother got it sometime when it first came out or as a gift, I'm devastated by the news that they'll re-issue the game and for only $20!!!. :evil:

[quote name='masha'][quote name='Wet Ninja'][quote name='jbroush99']SEGA must check eBay and see what games are in high demand and see there's more money to be made off some of their games. First HOTD 3, now possibly REZ. I'm sure there's others, they just don't come to mind right now.[/quote]

Skies of Arcadia Legends and Super Monkey Ball 2 are other examples of that theory.[/quote]

Super Monkey Ball is a PC and I see it in every Target I go to.[/quote]

A few weeks ago, Super Monkey Ball 2 was near impossible to find. Sega, seeing how it was in demand (for example, by the price it fetched on eBay), decided to reissue it. That's what I was getting at.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']It's not up to Sega to come out with it as a GH package it's Sony.

There's NO WAY Rez ever met the Sony sales requirements to be a GH title. It's going to be a straight re-issue like Suikoden III and Air Force Delta Storm.[/quote]

What about VF4?

I doubt that game sold enough units to go GH, and EVO went GH right out of the box

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']It's not up to Sega to come out with it as a GH package it's Sony.

There's NO WAY Rez ever met the Sony sales requirements to be a GH title. It's going to be a straight re-issue like Suikoden III and Air Force Delta Storm.[/quote]

What about VF4?

I doubt that game sold enough units to go GH, and EVO went GH right out of the box[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that VF4 sold the 400000 minimum requirement. I 95% sure that REz didn't even sell 200,000 copies, so a rerelease would be awesome. I hope they don't have that stupid GH tag on it. I think it just makes the box art ugly. And I hope the don't change anything on it like they did when they re-released Skies of Arcadie and HOTD3.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Skylander7'][quote name='jbroush99']SEGA must check eBay and see what games are in high demand and see there's more money to be made off some of their games. First HOTD 3, now possibly REZ. I'm sure there's others, they just don't come to mind right now.[/quote]

Well... if that's the case, they're blind when it comes to Panzer Dragoon Saga....[/quote]

re-issues, not ports.

if the produced a saturn game, no one would buy it, because 1) not alot of people have saturns and 2)no stores would carry it other than eb and gamestop.

a re-issue is NOTHING but profit for companies, but a port costs money.[/quote]

They already have the Saturn version emulated perfectly on the PC which they actually sold for a while in japan. I'd expect that it'd be real easy to port the emulator to the xbox and chances are that's exactly what they did for the release of PD1 in Orta.

[quote name='gamefreak'][quote name='daphatty'][quote name='lordxixor101']I would be iffy before selling your copies on EBAY. Sure, the value may drop, but who cares. You have a rare original. I doubt everything will be exactly the same. Especially if you didn't pay too much for it, might want to keep it as a nice piece of your collection.[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far. This is sega we are talking about. They don't have much money to begin with. Changing anything on the game/manual/case cover would cost them money. Correct me if I am wrong, but the point of a re-release is to make money with a MINIMUM investment.[/quote]

It's really not that hard. I could throw a greatest hits bar on the Rez box with Photoshop and 5 minutes of time. And it's not like they have a huge stockpile of originals that it would cost them money to change.[/quote]

I think like SoAL, it'll just be a straight re-release without any additions. Part of what fueled the demand was the lack of copies printed to begin with.

looking forward to finally getting a copy at a reasonable price

how on earth will BB,TRU,CC carry it though? they've cleared this game out of their inventory..do they really stock them again if it's a reissue?

if not, it'll be hard to find

Hey, if they do reissue it, it's good news for you guys. I already offed most of my copies(I have one left), so I'm not too worried. Ah well. Good things must come to an end. I still got my Arc Collection, so I'm happy!

Thats awesome! I've been hunting for Rez awhile now... I hope that they're not going to change their mind at the last minute...

There could be a nice Psychology Ph.D thesis in examining the disdain for GH packaging. I think a lot of people are attached to the simulated status of having bought it at release for full price instead of CAGing it. Kind of like the people who put a spoiler and other visual touches on a gutless car.

[quote name='jngx80']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fetches a pretty high price on eBay. But I'm sure they'll never reissue that.[/quote]

i heard the reason for not reprinting mvc 2 was because capcom lost the rights to the marvel characters

by now, i'm sure marvel wants a hefty fee with the success of the movies and everything and capcom probably couldn't afford it

"I do wish they would port a lot of those rare Saturn games onto a collection. I would pay full price for it " you aren't the only one.

A Panzer Dragoon collection disc would be nice at the very least though - to go with my tasty Xbox version

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I've got the UK Dreamcast copy the Jap PS2 copy with trancevibrator and eyedrops, and both a opened and unopened US PS2 version. They're devalued sure but now maybe I can get one more version and everyone else will get to experience "Fear is the mind killer"

Do you guys think this would be a good deal - selling my copy of Rez for $33 + a copy of Road Kill(mediocre but may be fun). I'm just thinking/regreting how I missed out on selling it on ebay for $50-60. Maybe it's still not too late.

[quote name='Maynard']Sweet i sold mine a long time ago on half.com for 70 bucks and i miss it sooooooooooooo much. Sweet find!

mn[/quote]

On a side note Maynard, that sig is horrible and hillarious at the same time :twisted:

You all do know that if it's rerealesed you best be buying it to play it and that while you may be able to get a copy so will everyone else :p

[quote name='gsr'][quote name='jngx80']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fetches a pretty high price on eBay. But I'm sure they'll never reissue that.[/quote]

i heard the reason for not reprinting mvc 2 was because capcom lost the rights to the marvel characters

by now, i'm sure marvel wants a hefty fee with the success of the movies and everything and capcom probably couldn't afford it[/quote]

I heard that Capcom retained the Japanese rights to Marvel Characters, but lost the NA and EU rights. Those went to Activision.

[quote name='jngx80']Do you guys think this would be a good deal - selling my copy of Rez for $33 + a copy of Road Kill(mediocre but may be fun). I'm just thinking/regreting how I missed out on selling it on ebay for $50-60. Maybe it's still not too late.[/quote]sell it on eBay with a $50 BIN price. I did that less than a week ago and someone bought it the same day

does anyone know who is going to be carrying this game? like i mentioned earlier, all the b&m stores like cc,bb,tru have likely cleared this sku out of their system

are they going to bring it back?

[quote name='Nerdy']I heard that Capcom retained the Japanese rights to Marvel Characters, but lost the NA and EU rights. Those went to Activision.[/quote]

Oh god no. Please say it isn't so. Activision sucks! Wait, I take that back, all US fighting game developers suck!

so back on subject....

Who is publishing this game for sega? And did UGA do the sequil also?

my god... this is my fave game on PS2 and i only have it on my ps2 harddrive..... :(

It'll probably have a different SKU or UPC number, Dvd releases do that all the time. Or the stores can just add it back into their computers.

[quote name='Nerdy'][quote name='gsr'][quote name='jngx80']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fetches a pretty high price on eBay. But I'm sure they'll never reissue that.[/quote]

by now, i'm sure marvel wants a hefty fee with the success of the movies and everything and capcom probably couldn't afford it[/quote]

I heard that Capcom retained the Japanese rights to Marvel Characters, but lost the NA and EU rights. Those went to Activision.[/quote]

I wonder if we'll get any good characters in the new THUG.

[quote name='Nerdy'][quote name='gsr'][quote name='jngx80']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fetches a pretty high price on eBay. But I'm sure they'll never reissue that.[/quote]

I heard that Capcom retained the Japanese rights to Marvel Characters, but lost the NA and EU rights. Those went to Activision.[/quote]

sorry but that is wrong. EA actually has the rights to Marvel Fighting games

I think you all are getting your hopes up a bit too early. Was this re-release even officially announced? I cant believe so many are thinking of selling their original copy to make a quick buck! I'm definately keeping my launch date copy as a collector's item. :p

[quote name='Gabers']I think you all are getting your hopes up a bit too early. Was this re-release even officially announced? I cant believe so many are thinking of selling their original copy to make a quick buck! I'm definately keeping my launch date copy as a collector's item. :p[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing myself. I'd rather keep my copy than sell it for $50 on ebay. I can save $50 just by cutting back on spending. $50 will go fast but if you have the game, that is something that keeps giving.

Yeah until I see the reissue confirmation, I'm holding on to my Rez (unless I can trade it up for some Valkyrie Profile or the like). BTW Guile was North Korean?? What does that mean??

[quote name='camoor']Yeah until I see the reissue confirmation, I'm holding on to my Rez (unless I can trade it up for some Valkyrie Profile or the like). BTW Guile was North Korean?? What does that mean??[/quote]

LOL, no it doesn't mean Guile was North Korean. Guile was NK refers to the Quake clan I was in (NK meaning Nefarious Killers). When it died I kept the NK so old friends could recognize me. So I switched from Guile NK to GuilewasNK.

[quote name='camoor']BTW Guile was North Korean?? What does that mean??[/quote]

i thought he was whatever Jean-Claude Van Damme was. what is Jean-Claude Van Damme?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I think Van-Damme is Belgian. The Guile character is American.[/quote]

Thank goodness, we need all the heros we can get!

I always thought they were referring to "Top Gun" in SF2 with Guile's enviornment.

bread's done
Back