Old School games you'd like to see brought back to life..

propeller_head

CAGiversary!
List any old school games you'd like to see brought back to life on either the 360, PS3, or Wii

I'll start out,

Battletoads
so many possibilites. 3D like Marvel UA.

or could even be a remake, w/ some new levels maybe added char(s); redone by an art studio for 2D action like Super Sreet Figher II Turbo HD Remix :bouncy:

I'd love to see DS sequels to some NES classics like River City Ransom, or Super Dodgeball (I think that ones in development). Im also excited for the new Contra.

Rocket Knight Adventures. He's a possum, in armor, with a jetpack, who battles evil pig warriors. Tell me that wouldn't sell balls in this day and age.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Rocket Knight Adventures. He's a possum, in armor, with a jetpack, who battles evil pig warriors. Tell me that wouldn't sell balls in this day and age.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with this man.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Rocket Knight Adventures. He's a possum, in armor, with a jetpack, who battles evil pig warriors. Tell me that wouldn't sell balls in this day and age.[/quote]Yes. One of my favorite Genesis games.

Also, I'd love to see Chrono Trigger get some kind of love, any love, even if it's just a VC or PSN downloable of the original SNES game.

[quote name='The Crotch']Rocket Knight was fun, but there are many Genesis games begging to be resurrected before that. The Mutant Leagues being the very first, followed by General Chaos and ALTERED BEAST![/quote]Are you saying a developer should ressurect Altered Beast (Jap/Euro only PS2 game doesn't count), and therefore, allow the series to "Rwise from Your Gwave!"?

I don't know... I guess there are some cool old franchises/games that never made it out of the 8/16-bit days but they would need some SERIOUS updating (like Super Metroid -> Metroid Prime) in order for them to be fun again (and worth $60). I mean one of my favorite games of all time is Mr. Do! but the original is so perfect in every way that there's no need to touch it. I suppose I'd like to see Retro make a new Kid Icarus or something. I also think an update to Uniracers could be cool if there was online play and a ranking system and a shitload of tracks. Maybe these updates would be better on XBLA or PSN or something...

[quote name='javeryh']I don't know... I guess there are some cool old franchises/games that never made it out of the 8/16-bit days but they would need some SERIOUS updating (like Super Metroid -> Metroid Prime) in order for them to be fun again (and worth $60). I mean one of my favorite games of all time is Mr. Do! but the original is so perfect in every way that there's no need to touch it. I suppose I'd like to see Retro make a new Kid Icarus or something. I also think an update to Uniracers could be cool if there was online play and a ranking system and a shitload of tracks. Maybe these updates would be better on XBLA or PSN or something...[/quote]Boogerman Live Action FMV game, starring Javeryh as Boogerman.

Even the old Battletoads on xbox live would be nice.

Other games:

Scorched Earth
Kid Icarus
Star Wars Flight Sims (X-wing, Tie Fighter, etc.)

It may be too soon to consider PS1 games "old school", but I'd love to see updates to these series:

-Tomba!
-Klonoa

Also, updates/sequels for:

-Joe & Mac
-King of The Monsters

A continuation of Super Mario RPG: LotSS story on the DS or VC. Really, any game in a similar style (not paper) with Geno and Mallow. Hell, even a DS port would kick all kinds of ass.

[quote name='asianxcore']Cadash[/quote]

This was a great game, so I second this. I'd also like to see a new Splatterhouse. I'm very surprised they haven't done anything new with that series. I could see it as a creepy FPS like Condemed.

I would like to see Guerilla War by SNK. It was one of my fav games as a kid. It would even be good on XLA it would kick ass co-op.

kid chameleon. updated to "The Chameleon" or something. make him a older and make the objectives & story a little deeper.

I'd like to see a new Pilotwings on the Wii, especially since Wing Island was such a letdown. Although it's not too old school, I'd also like to see Chu Chu Rocket ported to the DS, Wii, or XBLA with some serious multiplayer.

[quote name='gofishn']I'd like to see a new Pilotwings on the Wii, especially since Wing Island was such a letdown. Although it's not too old school, I'd also like to see Chu Chu Rocket ported to the DS, Wii, or XBLA with some serious multiplayer.[/quote] Chu Chu Rocket on XBL would be awesome \\:D/

I'd like a new Bionic Commando but what type of game would it be? A Ratchet style platformer with guns, Metriod Prime style FPS, or a third person shooter like Uncharted or Straglehold?

[quote name='propeller_head']kid chameleon. updated to "The Chameleon" or something. make him a older and make the objectives & story a little deeper.[/QUOTE]yup, they should make a new Kid Chameleon,

with no ability to save your game at all!!

Famicom Detective Club (Played a translated Part 2 on an emulator, loved it, and I think that both games would make an excellent DS adventure release)
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango
Metroid II (Deserves to be given a modern remake and fleshed out)
M.U.L.E. (Unfortunately, it seems that EA is content to sit on this license)
Phantasy Star (A traditional sequel, not another half-baked online escapade)
Pilotwings (Come on Nintendo, you got two perfectly good systems to stick this on)
Punch-Out!!! (Balance Board+Wiimote and Nunchuk=Excellent Wiimake)
Rent A Hero (I don't believe that the DC remake was ever released in the US)
Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo
ShadowRun (An RPG like the Genesis or SNES versions; NOT AN FPS!!!)
Shenmue [FINISH THE FIGHT (against Lan Di)]
Snatcher (Would be an excellent adventure for the DS and PSP)
Star Control 2 (A legitimate sequel that can live up to this game's standard)
StarFlight

I know there were plans to port Rent-A-Hero to Xbox and I had seen reviews of it, but I've never seen it anywhere.

And of all the games that will receive remakes, I wish Nintendo would do a new Battle Clash/Metal Combat. Would be interesting to see what they could do with it and the Wii Zapper.

[quote name='Mafia']I know there were plans to port Rent-A-Hero to Xbox and I had seen reviews of it, but I've never seen it anywhere.

And of all the games that will receive remakes, I wish Nintendo would do a new Battle Clash/Metal Combat. Would be interesting to see what they could do with it and the Wii Zapper.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I remember hearing about that XBox port sometime back (Gamespot article). However, it looks like AIA, which I think was a European budget publisher from what I can tell of their GBA releases, never released it in the US.

River City Ransom could be a very stylized HD beat-em-up that melds RPG elements in as smoothly as the old one did while allowing 4 player online co-op and some massive battles with 50-100 enemies on screen at certain times, but also small encounters and epic boss battles in varied environments along your branching path to the rival High School and saving your sweethearts from a maniacal teenage supervillian, all executed with a touch of humor and persistent physics in highly destructible environments.

I'd say that wins.

streets of rage

blaster master

banjo kazooie -tooie (i know its not too old but it needs a new part to the series)

rescue rangers

darkwing duck

ducktales

yie ar kungfu

bionic commando

werewolf

super mario world ( in 3d)

actraiser

gargoyles quest

renegade

thats some of the ones i can remember

Gods
Magic Pockets
Cadaver
Who Dares Wins
Monty on the Run
Crystal Castles
Infiltrator
Kikstart
Below the Root
Archon I & II
Space Taxi
Chaos Engine
Spelunker
Chuck Rock
Alien Breed
Elf

[quote name='SL4IN']a TMNT game that doesn't suck.[/quote]TMNT after the movie for 360 wasnt bad. Easy as hell, but not bad.
[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I'd like a new Bionic Commando but what type of game would it be? A Ratchet style platformer with guns, Metriod Prime style FPS, or a third person shooter like Uncharted or Straglehold?[/quote]Exactly what I was going to mention. One of my favorite games...
[quote name='jer7583']River City Ransom could be a very stylized HD beat-em-up that melds RPG elements in as smoothly as the old one did while allowing 4 player online co-op and some massive battles with 50-100 enemies on screen at certain times, but also small encounters and epic boss battles in varied environments along your branching path to the rival High School and saving your sweethearts from a maniacal teenage supervillian, all executed with a touch of humor and persistent physics in highly destructible environments.

I'd say that wins.[/quote]Yeah, Id prolly put River City Ransom as one of the best remakes to make. Just sticking with the same visual 3d format would pwn.

Id also mention Blaster Master and Milon's Secret Castle. ;)

Another vote for TOMBA!

602116.jpg

Fallout 3, and not Bethesda's version.

No, I'm not from NMA and I respect Bethesda's Balls of Steel for taking on the project, but one of these days I'd like to play an Isometric F3 done by the original core team. Yeah... fat chance.

I'd agree with another Punchout brought back to life, they should also bring back double dragon and donkey kong. Some sega games i want back are Streets of Rage and General Choas.

bread's done
Back