Old Stock Walmart Clearance games for $5 (YMMV depending on stock)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Original Post:

This week, Walmart did some clearance price changes on a lot of older video game stock. Many, many titles went down to $5.

A lot of this was older sports titles, so if you've got a hankerin' for some Madden 09, rush to your nearest ghetto Walmart now.

Aside from that, there were some gems. The AC/DC Track Pack went down to $5 (though the bundles with the shirt are still $30).

More importantly, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Pokémon: Battle Revolution went down to $5 as well. Managed to pick up the one I needed (Battle Revolution) and a few extras for trade. :D

So, good luck hunting and post your finds in here so others can know what to look out for.

Again, these are nationwide price changes. As long as your store has 'em in stock and has worked the price change (yes, as we discussed in length in the 3DS price change thread oh-so-long-ago, someone in the store, usually the department manager, has to accept the price change before it goes into effect) the prices are good to go wherever the older games are in stock.

==========

TRUE Walmart List for Discounted Games
Go to this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9354876&postcount=153

Thanks, N1ntendo.
5.gif

==========

List of (protential) clearance games @ your local walmart. compiled by GTAERgameing

$5
.hack, Part 3: Outbreak :ps2:
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack :ps3: :wii: :360:
Ape Escape :psp:
Baten Kaitos Origins :gc:
Battalion Wars 2 :wii:
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WW2 :ps3:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter '10 :360:
Daxter :psp:
F.E.A.R. :ps3:
F.E.A.R. Files :ps3: :360:
FIFA Soccer 08 :ps2: :ps3: :wii:
FIFA Soccer 10 :ps2: :ps3:
Gallop Racer 2006 :ps2:
Madden NFL 2006
Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition :ps3:
Madden NFL 09
Medal of Honor Collection :ps2:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption :wii:
Monsters vs. Aliens :wii:
NCAA Football 2009 :wii:
NHL 2009 :360:
NHL 2010
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 :wii:
Odama (with Microphone) :gc:
Pokemon Battle Revolution :wii:
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 :360:
Secret Agent Clank :psp:
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:
The Gunstringer :360:
The Simpsons Game :360:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 :ps2:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii Motion Plus Bundle :wii:
Timeshift :ps3: :360:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune :ps3:
Vampire Rain
Vanquish :360:
WarioWare: Smooth Moves :wii:
Wipeout Pure :psp:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 :ps3:

$8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

$10
Bayonetta :360:
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle :ps3: :wii: :360:

I bought two copies of Smooth Moves-- oddly it rang up at 39.99 even though this store had a ton of 5.00 drops. I'm not sure what my plan of attack will be... scan the UPC at other Walmarts and if I find it coming up at 5.00, ask to do a return and rebuy?

[quote name='Tax']Went to a couple of Walmarts - found a copy of Smooth Moves. It was priced at $40 - I got the employee to scan it and it was $5. F.E.A.R. 3 for PS3 rang up at $20. There were a lot of AC/DC packs marked at $5.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is $20 for F.3.A.R. now.

[quote name='shoe478']MSRP is $20 for F.3.A.R. now.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I know - someone said they were able to snag it for $5.

Yeah, I believe it was the original FEAR for $5. Quickly, here are some others that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

FEAR Files (Xbox 360)
Timeshift (360/PS3)
FIFA 08 (PS3/PS2/Wii)
FIFA 10 (PS2)
Batallion Wars 2 (Wii)

Also saw a $5 shelf tag (but no game) for WWE SvR '09 (PS3)

Gonna hit up one more gaggle of stores late night when I get off of work tonight. Love the 24hour supercenters for that aspect...24 hour game shopping!

My wal mart has had the same :ps2: sports games on "clearance" for $19.87 for years, so I doubt they've suddenly dropped in price.

Just picked up Vanquish and the Gunstringer on 360. Also saw FEAR Files for PS3 and 360, along with FEAR on PS3. It looked like they were in the process of marking more games down, so will be heading back later this week.

Vanquish rang up for 19.99, but a floor manager adjusted the price and mumbled something about a lot of games being in the process of getting cleared out. Looking forward to seeing some game deals at Walmart for a change.

I found the old GameCube game Odama with the microphone marked down to $5.00. I bought it before reading this thread. Wish I'd have checked the Wii games a little closer.

No luck at my 2 stores, the only thing I found was the ACDC Pack, it was 5.

One of the stores actually had a bin of "value priced video games" and the lowest one was marked $29, what a joke

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']No luck at my 2 stores, the only thing I found was the ACDC Pack, it was 5.

One of the stores actually had a bin of "value priced video games" and the lowest one was marked $29, what a joke[/QUOTE]

Mark =/= scan.

Sorry, I actually did scan them, I know I said mark but I was just being general, but also they weren't any of the games that have been listed as being $5, like it was Duke Nukem, and BFBC 2, Rage, others like that, and they had pretty bad cosmetic damage

I picked some random games from the discount bin, they were marked $29 and rang up $19, none of which were an actual deal. That one is all quality titles, though, the bin at my local Walmart is all AC/DC and used copies of The Golden Compass and Pocketbike Racer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Your area is like mine and littered with WM stores too, huh? There's no less than seven within about a 40 mile radius and I have a feeling they'll buy out another old shopping center up the line and build yet another store.

Walmart is like cockroaches, once you get one in your area they multiply like crazy. Too bad they wouldn't scatter when you shine a light on them like roaches though.;)[/QUOTE]

You must destroy the heart.

My wife was at Walmart on Friday and only found AC/DC track packs. I rarely ever go to Walmart to hunt for clearance games because...

[quote name='eXciter1']Wal-Mart is the worst at clearancing their games.[/QUOTE]

I either find nothing at all clearanced or sad panda clearances (woo, $45 instead of $50).

If you're in northern NJ, find some clearances and don't clear them out of stock, I'd be all ears but I really find this unlikely.

Went to two different wal-marts in my area, one had a huge pile of AC/DC Rockband tracks for 360. The other had Vampire Rain but they were sold out.

All 4 of the ones closest to me can't keep clearance games very long besides ac/dc track pack I haven't seen one stay in stock for over two weeks to drop anymore the initial price cut. If I'm there all ready thought I'll check and probably get acdc finally.

All I found that worked so far was ac/dc. Monsters vs. Aliens for Wii and FEAR Files for 360 rang up at 15 and 29 respectively. So far in my opinion this deal is very YMMV

Dammit. I was at Walmart this morning and didn't even saunter to the game section. Maybe I'll slide through there tomorrow.

Just got back from shopping. Got Secret Agent Clank for PSP and saw ac/dc. That was all. I wish i could find Pokemon Battle Revolution to add to my pokemon game collection.

I'll check this out tomorrow to see whats going on. I'm sure everyone will be at home before the Super Bowl anyway.

[quote name='TooPoor']My local Walmart is in a bad neighborhood, but all this discussion is making me want to go.[/QUOTE]

Those are the best ones to go to, sometimes...;)

Just got back from one. Mostly AC/DC track packs, some sports packs, and a few not mentioned here.

Picked up;

Timeshift :360:
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:

Also seen;

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just got back from one. Mostly AC/DC track packs, some sports packs, and a few not mentioned here.

Picked up;

Timeshift :360:
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:

Also seen;

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:[/QUOTE]

Wow I was on the wall debating if I should visit Wally world for some potential flips but that SF alpha anthology sealed the deal I will be visiting my local WM's tomorrow.

[quote name='Kingmojo210']Wow I was on the wall debating if I should visit Wally world for some potential flips but that SF alpha anthology sealed the deal I will be visiting my local WM's tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I like the SF Alpha 3 on that because of the 2 vs 1. Though I have SF Alpha 3 by itself as well, lol.:)

I hope you find it, but this could be another option after you check your stores > http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS2-5-GAMES...8183?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e653828e7

This is the deal CAGs. I snatched up NHL 2010 and Uncharted 1. The way it goes is that Walmart is having this big Clearance sale, it was advertized on commercials and such. Every store has their own clearance level price changes drop in the system through the telxon. It is on the store's responsibility team to handle those price changes, and yes they all differ. I'm sure there is some master list of games but considering that all stores have different stuff, the only price changes a particular store will see is the game that they carry that is on the master list. IF you catch a cheapy game stated here, at another store, for regular price, inquire about their price changes and see if they were done. Before I purchased my games, I had our electronics team do the price changes because they were not done and alas rang up the old price. Hope this helps

[quote name='Kingmojo210']Another awsome find if I can't acquire it through WM :)! On the other hand it's a rush looking for games that are on sale and actually finding them haha[/QUOTE]

LOL! I know, right! And, once I see a lower price, my brain gets stuck on that price!:)

Nothing at the Grand Forks, ND Walmart. All of their old PS3 and 360 games were still showing as $19.97 or more. Even the AC/DC track packs

Nothing in the Fruitland, MD Walmart...haven't checked the Salisbury one yet but I doubt they have anything either.

I'm unfortunately flat broke til I get paid this coming Friday, but I'm going to hit up my 2 local Wal-Marts that are chock full of older games and see what deals I can find next weekend! :D

[quote name='4tygames']EA Sports Active 2 was on clearance for Wii 360 and PS3 for $10. Picked up an extra one for the sensors/ multiplayer.[/QUOTE] good idea, the wife was asking about that the other day actually. Of course the work out game has never made it into the ps3

[quote name='ratandjmt']Nothing at the Grand Forks, ND Walmart. All of their old PS3 and 360 games were still showing as $19.97 or more. Even the AC/DC track packs[/QUOTE]

Same at my walmarts around the gastonia, NC area.

[quote name='ratandjmt']Nothing at the Grand Forks, ND Walmart. All of their old PS3 and 360 games were still showing as $19.97 or more. Even the AC/DC track packs[/QUOTE]

Same in Bismarck, ND. Nothing marked down. Not surprised considering our walmarts are usually a joke when it comes to games.

Made another trip to a couple more WM's this morning. I managed to find about 5 copies of Gallop Racer '06 at the second store. It's funny, because I think I've been to either 9 or 10 WM's in the last day or two, and the only thing I've seen consistently at EVERY store is the AC/DC trackpack! I have found Monsters vs. Aliens in tons of stores, but it always comes up $19.xx. This is such a weird combination of YMMV/non-YMMV, it's got me addicted to checking every WM in the area, just to see what I can find!

I have found most of the stuff listed in this thread so far, except for the Pokemon Battle Rev. If anybody has been able to locate an extra, I would love to trade; I have Wario Ware, Gallop Racer, Simpsons game, EA Sports Active 2, and most of the other games that have been listed so far.

I had metroid 3 and I asked about the price and they told me it was $40 she scanned it and it was $40 she said there were no games for $5 and that she would know because shes the manager. She was a real bitch

[quote name='sgaldis']Made another trip to a couple more WM's this morning. I managed to find about 5 copies of Gallop Racer '06 at the second store. It's funny, because I think I've been to either 9 or 10 WM's in the last day or two, and the only thing I've seen consistently at EVERY store is the AC/DC trackpack! I have found Monsters vs. Aliens in tons of stores, but it always comes up $19.xx. This is such a weird combination of YMMV/non-YMMV, it's got me addicted to checking every WM in the area, just to see what I can find!

I have found most of the stuff listed in this thread so far, except for the Pokemon Battle Rev. If anybody has been able to locate an extra, I would love to trade; I have Wario Ware, Gallop Racer, Simpsons game, EA Sports Active 2, and most of the other games that have been listed so far.[/QUOTE]
How has the stickering/shelf tagging been at your stores? I ask because there are known titles we've all worked to list (like I've bought several Gallop Racers or Tiger Woods tagged at higher prices) and then last night I'd find random stuff like Contact for DS for 5.00. That was tagged correctly, of course, but since there's stuff not tagged correctly, it makes me wonder if I've missed out on games.
But this has been great late night fun. I've probably been to 12 stores.

bread's done
Back