Old Stock Walmart Clearance games for $5 (YMMV depending on stock)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Original Post:

This week, Walmart did some clearance price changes on a lot of older video game stock. Many, many titles went down to $5.

A lot of this was older sports titles, so if you've got a hankerin' for some Madden 09, rush to your nearest ghetto Walmart now.

Aside from that, there were some gems. The AC/DC Track Pack went down to $5 (though the bundles with the shirt are still $30).

More importantly, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Pokémon: Battle Revolution went down to $5 as well. Managed to pick up the one I needed (Battle Revolution) and a few extras for trade. :D

So, good luck hunting and post your finds in here so others can know what to look out for.

Again, these are nationwide price changes. As long as your store has 'em in stock and has worked the price change (yes, as we discussed in length in the 3DS price change thread oh-so-long-ago, someone in the store, usually the department manager, has to accept the price change before it goes into effect) the prices are good to go wherever the older games are in stock.

==========

TRUE Walmart List for Discounted Games
Go to this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9354876&postcount=153

Thanks, N1ntendo.
5.gif

==========

List of (protential) clearance games @ your local walmart. compiled by GTAERgameing

$5
.hack, Part 3: Outbreak :ps2:
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack :ps3: :wii: :360:
Ape Escape :psp:
Baten Kaitos Origins :gc:
Battalion Wars 2 :wii:
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WW2 :ps3:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter '10 :360:
Daxter :psp:
F.E.A.R. :ps3:
F.E.A.R. Files :ps3: :360:
FIFA Soccer 08 :ps2: :ps3: :wii:
FIFA Soccer 10 :ps2: :ps3:
Gallop Racer 2006 :ps2:
Madden NFL 2006
Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition :ps3:
Madden NFL 09
Medal of Honor Collection :ps2:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption :wii:
Monsters vs. Aliens :wii:
NCAA Football 2009 :wii:
NHL 2009 :360:
NHL 2010
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 :wii:
Odama (with Microphone) :gc:
Pokemon Battle Revolution :wii:
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 :360:
Secret Agent Clank :psp:
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:
The Gunstringer :360:
The Simpsons Game :360:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 :ps2:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii Motion Plus Bundle :wii:
Timeshift :ps3: :360:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune :ps3:
Vampire Rain
Vanquish :360:
WarioWare: Smooth Moves :wii:
Wipeout Pure :psp:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 :ps3:

$8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

$10
Bayonetta :360:
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle :ps3: :wii: :360:

[quote name='sp00ge']Lame! After dropping by a few Walmarts today, and only finding Monster Vs Aliens :wii: and a buttload of AC/DC, at the last one I finally found two copies of .hack vol 3. They were on a shelf in a cardboard holder with a bunch of old PS2 sports games, so I picked them up and took them to a price scanner to double check: "Please See Associate" DAMNIT!

I took the games over to the electronics counter and asked him to check them on the register, and they came up Not On File. He called over the department manager and they scanned it with a handheld and whatever they did only brought up the original price of $49.96. That's as far as they would go, even after explaining that they should be part of the old stock clearance. So I left, once again, empty handed. :([/QUOTE]
I got two of Dot Hack at another store for 5.00-- with shelf tag and all. Went to another store that had six Dot Hacks, and the same exact thing you described occured. Not on file. How bizarre. Since the shelf tag there said 49.96, that was their price. Lame.

Although, I'm happy to get the two Dot Hack games, and then I got the X31 Turtlebeach headset for 59.96.

I too have experienced the Not on File BS that some of you guys are reporting. Once again, it was totally random, because one store had a few of the older sports titles clearly marked $5, so when I noticed a few more Wario Ware's, I was stoked. Well, of course the Wario's come up NoF, then some supervisor-type lady does some magic with a hand scanner, and gives me the price of....$39.xx. :( Even worse, though, 2 days ago, I found what is apparently the last copy in the entire chain (according to the list) of Splinter Cell: DA for the OG Xbox. Have it scanned, and of course, NoF, and they claim there is nothing they can do about it, and to come back in the morning. Granted, this was around 10:30 at night, but there were 3 employees back in the electronics/photo section; you think someone could have figured out what to do, or who to call. That experience almost made me madder than anything, simply because of the game, and it being the only one available.

Sure, it's not even really rare, and is not even worth much online, but I personally appreciate finding the older sealed games I keep for my collection (unless it's something I'm dying to have)...the 'thrill of the hunt', I guess you could say. Sure I could pick up a new copy for $15-20 online, but in this case, I'm not even a Splinter Cell fan, so the whole appeal of even having the sealed game is that I found it unintentionally in the wild!

If the item is NOF, its not under their inventory so it not included in the count. If a NOF gets put back on File, the price it reverts back to is the regular retail price.

And hence, the lone copy of Splinter Cell: DA for the original Xbox will sit there in the case for eternity, at probably $40-50.

How about this, though..once it is put back on File for retail price, will it then show up in their system/or have some type of report generated saying it is in need of a clearance markdown? (This was discussed somewhat a few pages back by some others, just thought you might be able to chime in on this, ets)

I double checked the next closest WM to me last night when I was in the area and the only thing I found for $5 was :ps2:NBA 09 The Inside or some such shit like that.:bomb:

Oh well. I guess after years of finding good shit at Kmart for $1-5 each I shouldn't complain too much for finding bupkiss at WM during this clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I double checked the next closest WM to me last night when I was in the area and the only thing I found for $5 was :ps2:NBA 09 The Inside or some such shit like that.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Glad to have somebody that agrees with me that Guitar Hero and sports games are shit.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I got two of Dot Hack at another store for 5.00-- with shelf tag and all. Went to another store that had six Dot Hacks, and the same exact thing you described occured. Not on file. How bizarre. Since the shelf tag there said 49.96, that was their price. Lame.

Although, I'm happy to get the two Dot Hack games, and then I got the X31 Turtlebeach headset for 59.96.[/QUOTE]

Could try buying one at $50 and attempting a price a match at the place where you got it for $5.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I found 3 Metroid Prime 3, 1 Smooth Moves, and a few Simpsons for the wii on a trip around some close walmarts. Did find a Zelda SS Bundle at a Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. I was hoping to find a copy of the Simpsons and Smooth Moves for my fiance. Boo!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I found 3 Metroid Prime 3, id find a Zelda SS Bundle at a Kmart.[/QUOTE]

The walmarts around me still have atleast 5 of those per store (zelda). I've seen metroid prime 3. but not much else. Seems like my redneck walmarts are slow to add clearance:bomb:

[quote name='yesidoknow']The walmarts around me still have atleast 5 of those per store (zelda). I've seen metroid prime 3. but not much else. Seems like my redneck walmarts are slow to add clearance:bomb:[/QUOTE]

You can sell the zelda bundle off to make a little bit.

[quote name='sp00ge']Lucky. I was hoping to find a copy of the Simpsons and Smooth Moves for my fiance. Boo![/QUOTE]

Should have told me. I could have got you a Simpsons for your girl and all her friends too. lol

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Should have told me. I could have got you a Simpsons for your girl and all her friends too. lol[/QUOTE]

If you happen to go back and it's still there, I'd definitely be interested.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I am interested in Simpson's Game for 360 if anyone finds it I will paypal cost, shipping and finders fee.[/QUOTE]

Should have asked when I had 12 at one store.

With all the reports of drops finally happening I thought I would check in again. The crappy $5 games that were there before were all gone and no add ons either. Only clearance I saw was a PSP UMD case for $5.

Welp, I experienced the Not on File issue last night when I finally found a Wal-Mart with some older games (Xbox, PS2, GC). Pretty bummed, it's just such a disappointing feeling. Also saw a brand new Ninja Gaiden Black that was knife-slashed down the front cover. Such a waste...:cry:

Would love to have baten kaitos origins if anyone sees this at their local walmart. PM me if you see this! I'd be willing to pay for shipping and a couple bucks for your troubles!

Bought Bloodrayne 1 & 2 for $5 each, probably overpaying. They still had 4 copies of Dawn Of Dreams for $5, which is silly I guess hillbillies and samurais don't mix.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I am interested in Simpson's Game for 360 if anyone finds it I will paypal cost, shipping and finders fee.[/QUOTE]Still looking? I'll probably be going back to a store with it in a few days. I forgot my UPC printout of EA Active and of course there was noone around to open the case last time.

Anyways when I was there last they only dropped the price on Simpsons, a 2009 sports game and a 2008 sports game. Some 2006, 2007, 2008 games were on the same stand and still 30-40 bucks. Really Walmart? Scanned a bunch of other games mentioned here, but they were all at higher prices.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I am interested in Simpson's Game for 360 if anyone finds it I will paypal cost, shipping and finders fee.[/QUOTE]

I have it up for grabs... who ever wants it just pm with offer

Got Nascar 09 for 5.00... shelf tag said 5.00, but rang up 24.96. After they looked at the shelf tag, I got it for 5.00. Tag definitely said Nascar 09, so I wonder how that happened.

I wish I could magically deduce which stores near me, if any, have Smooth Moves, Simpsons 360, or Pokemon BR. Wouldn't mind Lost, THAW, or Timeshift on 360 either. Or the $5 first-party DS games. Or... hell, I'm just going to make myself cry here.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Got Nascar 09 for 5.00... shelf tag said 5.00, but rang up 24.96. After they looked at the shelf tag, I got it for 5.00. Tag definitely said Nascar 09, so I wonder how that happened.[/QUOTE]

It was probably removed from the system automatically then put back in the system manually by an ICS/ZMS/etc. associate.

Walmart's system = absolute suckage.

I checked another local WM last night for laughs and as expected the only $5 game was the AC/DC track pack for both PS3 and Wii.:roll: You guys must live in the middle of fuckin' nowhere(which I thought I did, apparently not:roll:) to be finding such good games for $5 each.

Cheapest, you've really got to get out into BFE (or the ghetto) to score the really good stuff. I just went out of town this morning/afternoon, and hit a couple of WM's I went to right when this sale started, to see if they had any more markdowns. The one uber-ghetto store I went to (it's an OG Wally World..not even a Supercenter) had 8 copies of Smooth Moves about 2 weeks ago when I first went in (purchased 4). They were not properly tagged, and the employees looked googly-eyed when they saw I got a bunch of games for $5/ea, so I did not expect any of the 4 copies I left for others to make it past that shift. Low and behold, they still had 3 copies left today, almost two weeks later! :) And a boatload of Battalion Wars 2, which still rang up as $39.xx, incidentally.

So where is this land of gold located (the BFE ghetto store)? :)

[quote name='sgaldis']Cheapest, you've really got to get out into BFE (or the ghetto) to score the really good stuff. I just went out of town this morning/afternoon, and hit a couple of WM's I went to right when this sale started, to see if they had any more markdowns. The one uber-ghetto store I went to (it's an OG Wally World..not even a Supercenter) had 8 copies of Smooth Moves about 2 weeks ago when I first went in (purchased 4). They were not properly tagged, and the employees looked googly-eyed when they saw I got a bunch of games for $5/ea, so I did not expect any of the 4 copies I left for others to make it past that shift. Low and behold, they still had 3 copies left today, almost two weeks later! :) And a boatload of Battalion Wars 2, which still rang up as $39.xx, incidentally.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shivan128']Would love to have baten kaitos origins if anyone sees this at their local walmart. PM me if you see this! I'd be willing to pay for shipping and a couple bucks for your troubles![/QUOTE]

Same goes for me.

[quote name='sgaldis']Cheapest, you've really got to get out into BFE (or the ghetto) to score the really good stuff. I just went out of town this morning/afternoon, and hit a couple of WM's I went to right when this sale started, to see if they had any more markdowns. The one uber-ghetto store I went to (it's an OG Wally World..not even a Supercenter) had 8 copies of Smooth Moves about 2 weeks ago when I first went in (purchased 4). They were not properly tagged, and the employees looked googly-eyed when they saw I got a bunch of games for $5/ea, so I did not expect any of the 4 copies I left for others to make it past that shift. Low and behold, they still had 3 copies left today, almost two weeks later! :) And a boatload of Battalion Wars 2, which still rang up as $39.xx, incidentally.[/QUOTE]
By BFE you mean Wayne County(PA), right? There's a lil town about 45 minutes up the road from here that's about 10-12 miles from the NY state line that I think would most likely have some of these older titles in their cases still. I used to always find tons of great bundled games at the Kmart almost right across the road from their WM, so hopefully that's far enough out into the sticks to find something good.

Although I will say the last time I was at their Kmart they had cleaned up their cases(used to have games stacked in front of games stacked in front of other games) and they had jack squat that was decent there.:whistle2:# This after being the same store I found MULTIPLE Donkey Konga bundles at during the Kmart clearance heyday.

Everything at my store seemed to be properly tagged. Saw the usual ACDC across all platforms. Wound up pkcing up Tiger Woods with Motion Plus (Wii, $5) and Gallop Racer (PS2, $5, heard it was kinda rare, might flip)

[quote name='kouleefoh']Got my first football game ever just to try it out, Madden 10 ($5) and finally gave in and bought Kayne & Lynch 2 for $10. lol[/QUOTE]
I think there's supposed to be an online multiplayer mode in K&L2 where you're robbing a bank or whatever with other people. If you accidentally shoot someone else on your team, then they can annihilate you. Then you respawn as a cop trying to STOP the robbery.

There's also the offline "Arcade Mode", which is detailed in THIS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQu5c-iWKL8

I never could get my PSN friends to grab K&L2 to play some of the bank robbery mp mode, but it sounded like a LOT of fun.;)

Found a copy of Medal of Honor PS2 collection for 5 bucks. It had a sticker that said 5 on it and a bar code, but they scanned the back bar code and it rang up 19.99. I told them and asked for them to scan the sticker bar code, they did, and it rang up at 5. They should just put these stickers over the original bar code to avoid this sorta thing.

Looking at that last, i would have loved to have gotten FEAR or The Simpsons Game for 5. Few other titles, but mainly those two. Might check out a few other Walmarts nearby

Picked up 2 more Simpsons for the Wii, but I'll have to PM to $5 at my store since the one I found them at didn't have it marked down. However I did find a Metroid Prime Trilogy $50! Sweet! However the shrinkwrap is damaged :(

Picked up cabela's big game hunter 2010 ps3 today. saw two copies of blazing angels (already picked this up) in crystal lake, il

[quote name='sgaldis']....you've really got to get out into BFE (or the ghetto) to score the really good stuff.[/QUOTE]

I agree, 110%. I have found this even more true at K-mart; like Golden

The ghetto it is. So I figured I'd provide some inspiration:

"And his hunger burns
So he starts to roam the streets at night
And he learns how to steal
And he learns how to fight
In the ghetto...."

- The King (but probably not a CAG)

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I agree, 110%. I have found this even more true at K-mart; like Golden

The ghetto it is. So I figured I'd provide some inspiration:

"And his hunger burns
So he starts to roam the streets at night
And he learns how to steal
And he learns how to fight
In the ghetto...."

- The King (but probably not a CAG)[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. He certainly did love himself some College-Aged Groupies.

[quote name='savagepastry']Not necessarily true. He certainly did love himself some College-Aged Groupies.[/QUOTE]

Well who doesn't?

Him and Priscilla started dating when she was 14 though (that was ok back then).

[quote name='shoe478']Well who doesn't?

Him and Priscilla started dating when she was 14 though (that was ok back then).[/QUOTE]

And to some people, it still is, as long as you're famous and/or rich. :roll:

I was looking at a new clearance rack/aisle that had a bunch of junk on it and found a bunch of EA Sports Active 2 bundles for PS3. I was surprised my Wal-Mart had anything besides AC/DC this long after the clearance prices went up.

This was the South Wal-Mart in Rochester MN BTW.

I finally got a chance to go to a Walmart store. What was left of the games that were on the OP’s list hadn’t been marked down. I found the Rapala Fishing 2009 360 game in the cheap games in, and it still rang up for $19.99. The lone copy of the Gunstringer and the six copies of F.E.A.R. Files were still $19.99. However, what had already marked at $5 had been tossed into the same bin with the $5 DVDs. I don’t know why they thought that was a smart move, but if there had been any Wario Ware: Smooth Moves or Pokemon Battle Revolution at that store, it was probably snapped up as soon as it got dumped into the DVD bin.

So, other than the AC/DC Rock Band Track Packs, I saw a copy of Virtua Tennis 2009 360 game for $5. I bought it, along with the first Ghost Rider movie and a combo pack that included the two Hulk TV movies where he meets Daredevil and Thor, which were both $5 each.

And I remember why I had stopped making regular trips to Walmart. Every one of the stand-alone price scanners was broken, and every time I asked an associate to scan a game, I had to listen to them complain about why it wasn’t their job to price check items. Then, they would refer me to somebody else who worked in the store. Finally, I had to keep walking up to the front of the store to get somebody to scan stuff for me at the registers. What a pain.

Picked up Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for $10. But it was in poor condition, with the shrink wrap torn off a little and a sticker from hell that left most of it still on the shrink wrap. Definitely NOT collectible. It was the only one in that store, though, and so I'll go to another for a replacement.

Stopped by Walmart this morning.
They took all the price stickers off the bargain games and the shelves holding them.
Most ring up at the normal $19.96 price and some tell you to see an employee.

Since it was the first of the month, they were swamped with people (no workers marking things down), heading back tomorrow to see if things change.

*game update*
my local WM had , HAD 2 copies of eternal darkness since WII launch and went by and sure enough 5 $ a pop , definetly must flip 50+ on ebay FTW!!!

Sick find on the Gamecube game! I had a quite an odd find at a local WM last night. Went by like usual to peruse the game section before snagging some groceries, and then what to I see filling an entire endcap...? At least 15 COD Black Ops Prestige Editions! Half for 360, half PS3. They were all spider-wrapped, but you can tell it was just done, because the boxes on these things were minty as hell...sharp corners and all that jazz! Flipper's dream, right? Not really. They are all marked at, you guessed it: $149.xx. With the sluggishness they go about marking stuff down, these won't drop from that price point for years. They'll probably sell one here and there, the local 'youths' will probably still manage to steal one or two over time, and the rest will just sit rotting on the shelves. If they would even go just half off on them, I would probably buy them all!

bread's done
Back