Old Stock Walmart Clearance games for $5 (YMMV depending on stock)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Original Post:

This week, Walmart did some clearance price changes on a lot of older video game stock. Many, many titles went down to $5.

A lot of this was older sports titles, so if you've got a hankerin' for some Madden 09, rush to your nearest ghetto Walmart now.

Aside from that, there were some gems. The AC/DC Track Pack went down to $5 (though the bundles with the shirt are still $30).

More importantly, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Pokémon: Battle Revolution went down to $5 as well. Managed to pick up the one I needed (Battle Revolution) and a few extras for trade. :D

So, good luck hunting and post your finds in here so others can know what to look out for.

Again, these are nationwide price changes. As long as your store has 'em in stock and has worked the price change (yes, as we discussed in length in the 3DS price change thread oh-so-long-ago, someone in the store, usually the department manager, has to accept the price change before it goes into effect) the prices are good to go wherever the older games are in stock.

==========

TRUE Walmart List for Discounted Games
Go to this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9354876&postcount=153

Thanks, N1ntendo.
5.gif

==========

List of (protential) clearance games @ your local walmart. compiled by GTAERgameing

$5
.hack, Part 3: Outbreak :ps2:
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack :ps3: :wii: :360:
Ape Escape :psp:
Baten Kaitos Origins :gc:
Battalion Wars 2 :wii:
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WW2 :ps3:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter '10 :360:
Daxter :psp:
F.E.A.R. :ps3:
F.E.A.R. Files :ps3: :360:
FIFA Soccer 08 :ps2: :ps3: :wii:
FIFA Soccer 10 :ps2: :ps3:
Gallop Racer 2006 :ps2:
Madden NFL 2006
Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition :ps3:
Madden NFL 09
Medal of Honor Collection :ps2:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption :wii:
Monsters vs. Aliens :wii:
NCAA Football 2009 :wii:
NHL 2009 :360:
NHL 2010
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 :wii:
Odama (with Microphone) :gc:
Pokemon Battle Revolution :wii:
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 :360:
Secret Agent Clank :psp:
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:
The Gunstringer :360:
The Simpsons Game :360:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 :ps2:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii Motion Plus Bundle :wii:
Timeshift :ps3: :360:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune :ps3:
Vampire Rain
Vanquish :360:
WarioWare: Smooth Moves :wii:
Wipeout Pure :psp:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 :ps3:

$8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

$10
Bayonetta :360:
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle :ps3: :wii: :360:

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Anyone know the trade in value for the acdc pack at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

LMAO, u serious?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, she got unhappy pretty quickly, because she couldn't buy the game she got from the case. It was that new Zumba Fitness game that doesn't come out until Monday. I'm surprised they put it in the case. And after that was established, the employee scanned the Gunstringer- it was $39.96. I apologized for the trouble and left. It wasn't really that bad of an experience, but it was the worst I've ever had at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I tried to get Skyrim early from kmart, but it wouldn't ring up.

If you have a smart phone, just look up the UPC code and scan it yourself. I usually just print out UPC's if I know I want something specific. I also believe it will let you know they have no stock of that item by saying something about ask an associate for assistance.

[quote name='shadowkast']AC/DC is not shovel ware. I bought it just to import the songs into my rock band library thank you.

And ea sports active 2 is not your typical Wii fitness game. Comes with allot more than just the game.

I get your point but your rant doesn't apply to this thread[/QUOTE]

There's a reason why people are posting "Only AC/DC track packs" followed by a :cry:.

Nobody with decent taste in games gives a crap about them.

I went back today and was able to get metroid prime 3 for $5 on sunday the person told me it was $40 when they rang it up and got pissed and yelled there were no $5 games there. Im starting to think that bitch was lying

Nintendonly, take a chill pill man. Different games for different folks...

I only picked up AC/DC to add the tracks to my Rockband track library as well.

But to insinuate that everyone is a moron because they don't like your taste in games is a dick move and not productive to any online community. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I picked up the track pack because I just want to import the songs, could care less about the disc, thats why I wanted to know the trade in value, if its $1, I got 18 new songs to play for $4 if its less than a dollar then I still only paid 5 bucks for 18 songs which is pretty good

All my local Walmart had like others was the AC/DC Track Pack in the case for $5. They might have had other games but I have no idea since they basically took every game under $20 and threw it in a bin that said $19.96 with games for all systems mixed in and almost overflowing. The bin was a couple of feet deep so there was no way to go through it, not that I would have wanted to spend the time anyway.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I went to both my local Wal-Marts yesterday, and either someone beat me to it or they just didn't have any decent games for clearance. You can add :psp: Twisted Metal to the clearance list- I saw the price tag for $5 in the glass case, but they were sold out. Like everyone else, they both had a million ACDC Track Packs, haha.

Anyway, I *did* happen to see a couple Gunstringers in the glass case, marked $39.96. Like any good CAG would, I went over to the service desk and asked if I could get a price check. The lady asked something along the lines of "does it not have a price tag?" to which I replied I just wanted to make sure the tagged price was correct. It was easy to see she didn't want to, because she passed the job to another employee in the section. So we get to the case, asked which one I wanted to price check, and I tell her. She picks up the game, looks at the UPC on the game and the sales tag, and says it's $39.96 because they match.

... I wanted to facepalm SO BAD, but I resisted the urge, and just told her the price could have changed between the time the tag was made and now. I could swear the employee rolled her eyes as she shut the glass case and powerwalked back to the service desk. I gestured for another customer she'd helped to go ahead, and as she passed me she was like "you just want to make her job hard on her, don't you?" I couldn't tell if she was kidding or not.

Well, she got unhappy pretty quickly, because she couldn't buy the game she got from the case. It was that new Zumba Fitness game that doesn't come out until Monday. I'm surprised they put it in the case. And after that was established, the employee scanned the Gunstringer- it was $39.96. I apologized for the trouble and left. It wasn't really that bad of an experience, but it was the worst I've ever had at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to me at Target close to 10 years ago. A game was in the case for $49.99 and it was reported to be 75% off here, I asked for a price check. The guy refused and said the game is $49.99 and even after I said I heard it was on clearance. I decided to go back the next day and say I want to buy the game and see what happens. As expected it rang up 75% off. I have had that happen at a lot of stores, they don't want to do a price check like it is so much trouble to scan an item at the register.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Nintendonly, take a chill pill man. Different games for different folks...

I only picked up AC/DC to add the tracks to my Rockband track library as well.

But to insinuate that everyone is a moron because they don't like your taste in games is a dick move and not productive to any online community. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Thanks to AC/DC I now have 900+ songs. Thanks to the workout game I have a happy (and fit) wife. Then I picked up two bullshit games (timeshit and blazing angels) just for the hell of it. I'll take 4 games for $25 even if they are sub par (not shovel ware though).

Thanks to the OP and the employee who posted the full list

Found a couple old sports games (Tiger Wood, NHL, NCAA BB) and Timeshift (This any good?) that I left alone; but I ended up grabbing MP3 Wii, Animal Crossing DS, and FIFA 10 PS3. At the same store Boojie and RE Umbrel did not ring up for $5.

At another store I saw Battalion Wars 2, but the line was too huge for me to wait for help. Thinking about returning a different day to check it out.

Anyone know the Full title for POKEMON MYSTERY?

[quote name='AFC']Are you in SoCal? I might be hoping for too much from your username, but I work close to Beverly Hills, and I've been looking for this game for a while now. None of the Wal-Marts I've visited even have Gamecube games, but if there's even the possibility of me finding a new copy for $5 I figure I've gotta try.[/QUOTE]

Hey there! I'm actually in the East coast, yea, the walmart I went to only had 1 copy, so I grabbed it.

I hope you can find one soon!

Guess I need to go back again and see what's up. At my store I was there a few days ago and NO games were moved to any sort of special area or bin. Then again my store is notorious for not updating prices because in general they don't do clearance at all. Their idea of clearance is a red price tag and things priced either at MSRP or priced like 10% below it.

I'll have to scan a few myself (they have a whole isle of games in the big plastic cases, where it's like 2-3 per case) or as for price checks I guess.

[quote name='shadowkast']AC/DC is not shovel ware. I bought it just to import the songs into my rock band library thank you.

And ea sports active 2 is not your typical Wii fitness game. Comes with allot more than just the game.

I get your point but your rant doesn't apply to this thread[/QUOTE]

That person has no point. People like whatever in the fuck they want to like. Whoever get stressed over someone else's happiness is a sick a**hole.

[quote name='ets']
Anyone know the Full title for POKEMON MYSTERY?
[/QUOTE]
I would have to say that it's probably Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the DS.

As for this clearance, I'm still chuckling over how many of these games were likely Kmart clearance games in 2008-2009. I distinctly remember picking up at least a half dozen copies of Baten Kaitos Origins for $5 or less from there around that time.
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Damn! There are some VALUABLE games on that list! I like to check eBay to see what's worth what.[/QUOTE]
That's what I always do before putting something up as available for trade on here anymore. I learned my lesson the hard way with a copy of the Half Life: Raising The Bar hardcover book($100+) and the original Uncharted strategy guide($40+) that I foolishly traded away for guides I likely no longer even own.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would have to say that it's probably Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for the DS.

As for this clearance, I'm still chuckling over how many of these games were likely Kmart clearance games in 2008-2009. I distinctly remember picking up at least a half dozen copies of Baten Kaitos Origins for $5 or less from there around that time.

That's what I always do before putting something up as available for trade on here anymore. I learned my lesson the hard way with a copy of the Half Life: Raising The Bar hardcover book($100+) and the original Uncharted strategy guide($40+) that I foolishly traded away for guides I likely no longer even own.:roll:[/QUOTE]

The problem is there's like 5 different games with pokemon mystery dungeon in the title.

[quote name='ets']The problem is there's like 5 different games with pokemon mystery dungeon in the title.[/QUOTE]
I know. But at least you have a general idea of which games to look for now.

I had to run by my local Wal-Mart today to grab a couple of things and noticed they finally dropped prices!

Picked up Fear Files for 360 and EA Active 2 for PS3.

About friggin' time!

heh. My opinion remains Ymmv. Took them over a week to drop prices...

But glad I got in on the deal. Thanks to all for the information.

Also, do we have any confirmations on Gunstringer? I saw one in the case but didn't want to dick with getting a store associate to open the case as we all know how that works out for price checks....

Well I finally had some luck finding 5 dollar games. I think they were in the middle of marking them down and forgot about them tho. The machine was left in the discount game bin.

They had the Timeshift, ghost recon 2, fifa 2010/11, fear, and one or two others. Maybe the rest will follow suit shortly.

2 weeks ago I went and got the original Mass effect vanilla label for $20 along with Bayonetta for $10. I went today and got the following for $5 - Baten Kaitos Origins for GC, Fear Files 360, Tiger woods 10 PS2, (3) copies of Madden 09 collectors edition, WWE Smackdown 09 for PS3 and the best one was the Need for Speed Collection for PS2 - only $5.00. They had like 20 copies of the AC/DC track packs left

Grabbed FEAR and Uncharted for $5. Thanks OP. My Walmart had a bunch of plastic bins in the front of the electronics section with the clearanced games and must have had about 40 AC/DC packs.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']

Something similar happened to me at Target close to 10 years ago. A game was in the case for $49.99 and it was reported to be 75% off here, I asked for a price check. The guy refused and said the game is $49.99 and even after I said I heard it was on clearance. I decided to go back the next day and say I want to buy the game and see what happens. As expected it rang up 75% off. I have had that happen at a lot of stores, they don't want to do a price check like it is so much trouble to scan an item at the register.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't get this. I worked retail for a clothing store for a bit and generally when you work in a store that specializes in something you start to know what's on sale and whats not by memory. Still every time a costumer would ask me for a price I would go up and manually check the computer even when I knew the sticker was right, I just figured what the hell, why not? I mean it shows the costumer you're actually willing to put in some effort and really it's no extra work. Now I can't say that everyone was like me, I saw so many fellow employees do the whole "It's what the tag" says thing and get snippity. I never really got the whole attitude by some employees, I mean you work a shift, right? So it's not like once you get done with a certain task you can go home. Most of the time there is a lot of idle time that your not supposed to spend standing around but literally there is nothing to do but straighten stacks of products and pretend to do things. I preferred to be busy, it made my day fly by a lot quicker. Now having worked over night at a Target I know it's even easier to price check than it is where I worked retail, so really it blows my mind.

Maybe I'm just an extraordinarily patient person but I found that during my time in retail the interactions with customers wasn't bad at all, sure I had a few a-holes but that's expected. Really my man issues was with my managers who enjoyed belittling employees and mocking customers behind their backs. People say retail is hell, it's not that bad honestly.

Saw the gunstringer sitting on the bottom of one of the sliding cases in a pile of games so I thought I may get lucky but it rang up $39.99. Will have to look around for the $5 bin I hear about

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

That's what I always do before putting something up as available for trade on here anymore. I learned my lesson the hard way with a copy of the Half Life: Raising The Bar hardcover book($100+) and the original Uncharted strategy guide($40+) that I foolishly traded away for guides I likely no longer even own.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Lmao. I bet the person was like...'yesss, got that sucka:!' Lol :lol:!

Some of the games on that list are worth $30-$50 or more!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lmao. I bet the person was like...'yesss, got that sucka:!' Lol :lol:!

Some of the games on that list are worth $30-$50 or more![/QUOTE]
Actually I don't think either guide was worth that much at that point. But considering I sold the other HL: RTB book I had on Amazon for about $107 last fall I'd say the value has gone up significantly since then.:cry:

If anything, that taught me to keep guides for games that're popular or may become popular forever, which is the reason most of my guide trade list is 'good offer only'.:booty:

Kinda off-topic, but does anybody know how long you have until Walmart lets you return stuff to them without a receipt? They only let you do it 3 times every however long.

Finally found a Walmart with one other game besides acdc, it was vampire rain, I don't even really want it because of how bad it's supposed to suck but I'll just keep it sealed. It was behind the glass for 29.99 so of course the associate didn't want to check, she was just like, I think it's 29.99 but she scanned it anyway and it rang up 5.00 so i pulled on it, last copy too

[quote name='ets']Timeshift (This any good?)

At another store I saw Battalion Wars 2, but the line was too huge for me to wait for help. Thinking about returning a different day to check it out.
[/QUOTE]

Loved Timeshift. Felt like Half-Life 2.

Battalion Wars 2 is totally worth your time. Great game.

Found a Call of Duty WAW limited edition xbox 360 with the canteen for $29.96, still sealed. Same store I found the ultimate sith edition at last week, maybe they will pull out a mass effect 1 limited edition next week...

[quote name='atc250es']Found a Call of Duty WAW limited edition xbox 360 with the canteen for $29.96, still sealed. Same store I found the ultimate sith edition at last week, maybe they will pull out a mass effect 1 limited edition next week...[/QUOTE]

Those are some great pulls, for sure, but don't hold your breath on a ME1 CE...it was a Gamestop exclusive. I have also found a Sith Edition and the W@W LE at two separate WM's in the last few months. Also, right around this time last year I did find probably one of my biggest Wally World scores ever: two brand new mint copies of the ME2 CE for $39.xx/ea! :) The funny thing is, this WM is literally a mile from my house, and I usually go in there 2-3 times per week. I went in early on a Saturday morning last year, and those two little beauties had appeared out of nowhere; the were just sitting there in the case, smiling up at me.

The Mass Effect 1 CE was actually an online exclusive. I plainly recall ordering it from Amazon, but it was surely available at GS too. Never retail.

More on-topic, the only non-sports and non-AC/DC title I've found is Vampire Rain. Pass.

Does anyone know if walmart would price match the batman AC bundle with best buys 40 dollar ad? They only had one copy that i'm planning on going back to get.

Awful selection sent out here. This topic's bin had merely three different games. I grabbed a Smackdown for the heck of it. Like wrestling games enough I'll more than play its price worth.

EA Sports Active 2 (didn't check which system)
Madden NFL 10 (360 only, no PS3 copies!)
Smackdown 2009 (360 only, no PS3 copies)

[quote name='yesidoknow']Does anyone know if walmart would price match the batman AC bundle with best buys 40 dollar ad? They only had one copy that i'm planning on going back to get.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that'll depend on the employee you ask. They'll probably have to call a manager with a $20 difference though before the register lets them sell it.

[quote name='yesidoknow']Does anyone know if walmart would price match the batman AC bundle with best buys 40 dollar ad? They only had one copy that i'm planning on going back to get.[/QUOTE]

That's going to be tough considering that the Walmart Arkham City/Arkham Asylum bundle was given its own UPC number. You are lucky enough to even have found a bundle after all of the sales since its release.

[quote name='Nintendonly']That's going to be tough considering that the Walmart Arkham City/Arkham Asylum bundle was given its own UPC number. You are lucky enough to even have found a bundle after all of the sales since its release.[/QUOTE]

I almost didn't notice it when i was looking. I figure its worth a shot to get them to price match if it's sitll there when i go back.

Lame! After dropping by a few Walmarts today, and only finding Monster Vs Aliens :wii: and a buttload of AC/DC, at the last one I finally found two copies of .hack vol 3. They were on a shelf in a cardboard holder with a bunch of old PS2 sports games, so I picked them up and took them to a price scanner to double check: "Please See Associate" DAMNIT!

I took the games over to the electronics counter and asked him to check them on the register, and they came up Not On File. He called over the department manager and they scanned it with a handheld and whatever they did only brought up the original price of $49.96. That's as far as they would go, even after explaining that they should be part of the old stock clearance. So I left, once again, empty handed. :(

bread's done
Back