Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jacoblee23']Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

By the wording on the website.

"Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product"

It didnt say games... so i would assume can be used toward other pre-owed items like accessories and consoles.

[quote name='Vigilante']Just wait--if they haven't dropped by next Sunday, it's B:AC all over again. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I don't think GS really cares. They'll still sell these games to soccer moms and grandmothers for $54.99 no problem.

Just went to GS and traded in

(values shown in total value on each copy, u can figure out the base by subtracting... nothing has changed on SSX or SC5 TiV of 18 and 12 respectively)

2 SSX (23.8 - 5.8 bonus)
2 SoulCalibur 5 (17.20 - 5.2 bonus)
DA 2 (8.40 - 4.40 bonus?!?!?)

I am at home looking at the receipt and wondering besides the 10% bonus, what is this other bonus? It made $60 into $90 which 40% bonuses (30%+ PUR 10%) couldn't do. It says at the bottom of my receipt, 'Refund Due' and the amount. Also the Kinect Adventures I bought wasn't taken out of my credit either and doesn't show on the receipt :shock:

Says Promo# 13187

Ideas?

As of 6/25/2012

:360: ssx base = 18

I brought kinect adventures to get that bonus. When i put kinect adventures on the counter my friend who works there smiled at me and said "are you fucking kidding me dude" lmao

Nearly raged when i saw the 30% promo was back, but then realized i made an extra 3$ by catching the 5 for 20$ promo yesterday.

Also love how the 30% comes back right in time for an epic flipping chance.

For those looking into getting Skyrim, you can get the game (used) plus DLC for $50 + tax if you spend 4,000 rewards points on the Steal of the Week coupon (Skyrim used for $30.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']For those looking into getting Skyrim, you can get the game (used) plus DLC for $50 + tax if you spend 4,000 rewards points on the Steal of the Week coupon (Skyrim used for $30.)[/QUOTE]

You can get a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw for 60,000 points if anyone is sitting on a ton of points ;)

[quote name='Obiwan456']So what exactly is this big SSX and SC5 deal?[/QUOTE]

Check the Best Buy @Gamer thread. Theres like 2 threads about it always getting bumped and being the first thread.

Hi, this is gamestop related but not trade related so hopefully someone can answer before a mod deletes

Would I be able to pay for a game for someone like hundreds of miles away? My guess is that I need to go to my local store, and have them call that store using some credit I have. Does that seem like it makes sense?

[quote name='merchie89']Hi, this is gamestop related but not trade related so hopefully someone can answer before a mod deletes

Would I be able to pay for a game for someone like hundreds of miles away? My guess is that I need to go to my local store, and have them call that store using some credit I have. Does that seem like it makes sense?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's possible.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't think that's possible.[/QUOTE]

Well first of all, in the words of the great Kevin Garnett "anything is possible!!" and Ive seen gamestops transfer pre-orders using credit and stuff. I feel like its possible, just if they will let me do it.

[quote name='coopscohen']You can get a copy of Lollipop Chainsaw for 60,000 points if anyone is sitting on a ton of points ;)[/QUOTE]

Literally got to spend 600 dollars for a 60 dollar game lmao. I got it used for 35 bucks with that 20 dollar used game coupon. Got lucky by even finding the damn game. So far its okay but def. worth 40 or less.

I do want to buy the soundtrack for the game though.

[quote name='IamPro']Just went to GS and traded in

(values shown in total value on each copy, u can figure out the base by subtracting... nothing has changed on SSX or SC5 TiV of 18 and 12 respectively)

2 SSX (23.8 - 5.8 bonus)
2 SoulCalibur 5 (17.20 - 5.2 bonus)
DA 2 (8.40 - 4.40 bonus?!?!?)

I am at home looking at the receipt and wondering besides the 10% bonus, what is this other bonus? It made $60 into $90 which 40% bonuses (30%+ PUR 10%) couldn't do. It says at the bottom of my receipt, 'Refund Due' and the amount. Also the Kinect Adventures I bought wasn't taken out of my credit either and doesn't show on the receipt :shock:

Says Promo# 13187

Ideas?[/QUOTE]

13187 is the tiered trade that just ended. extra $10 on trade of 3 games, extra 20 on 5, extra 35 on 7. Believe it ran for the past 3 weeks. Only reason I know that is I took advantage of it twice during the period and its the promo listed on my receipt also.

Comically the math still doesn't work out, so I'm not sure what else you got, but both my receipts a 7 trade and 5 trade list 13187 as the promo, with 4.00 added to each game plus PUR 10% on the 5 game and 5.00 plus the PUR 10% on the 7s.

[quote name='GavinShai']13187 is the tiered trade that just ended. extra $10 on trade of 3 games, extra 20 on 5, extra 35 on 7. Believe it ran for the past 3 weeks. Only reason I know that is I took advantage of it twice during the period and its the promo listed on my receipt also.[/QUOTE]

Sick, that explains everything now ty :bouncy:

[quote name='predseth']As of 6/24: Castlevania Portrait of Ruin DS $4
Just Dance 3 Xbox 360 $13
Madden 3DS $7
As of 6/25 Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii $10[/QUOTE]

damn.....knew donkey kong would drop. :(

[quote name='merchie89']Hi, this is gamestop related but not trade related so hopefully someone can answer before a mod deletes

Would I be able to pay for a game for someone like hundreds of miles away? My guess is that I need to go to my local store, and have them call that store using some credit I have. Does that seem like it makes sense?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but my stores let me store-transfer items and credit between stores all of the time. Last time they just took the credit and put it on a gift card, then used the gift card over the phone IIRC

weird thing happened today, went in today with my friend so she could trade in some games and the tiered trade in promo was still active in the system. so she was able to get the trade 5 get 20 promo.

[quote name='DCpinoy']weird thing happened today, went in today with my friend so she could trade in some games and the tiered trade in promo was still active in the system. so she was able to get the trade 5 get 20 promo.[/QUOTE]

this happened to me too :bouncy:

[quote name='GavinShai']13187 is the tiered trade that just ended. extra $10 on trade of 3 games, extra 20 on 5, extra 35 on 7. Believe it ran for the past 3 weeks. Only reason I know that is I took advantage of it twice during the period and its the promo listed on my receipt also.

Comically the math still doesn't work out, so I'm not sure what else you got, but both my receipts a 7 trade and 5 trade list 13187 as the promo, with 4.00 added to each game plus PUR 10% on the 5 game and 5.00 plus the PUR 10% on the 7s.[/QUOTE]

The math works. He got $4 extra for each game for the 5-for-$20 promotion and then 10% of the base for each game on top of that. Good to see multiple reports that the tiered promo is still in effect too. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow to see if it's still active then too...

[quote name='esalw822']The math works. He got $4 extra for each game for the 5-for-$20 promotion and then 10% of the base for each game on top of that. Good to see multiple reports that the tiered promo is still in effect too. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow to see if it's still active then too...[/QUOTE]

Please post if it works, I have a few games that would benefit from the old promo.

Huh, interesting. I'll be trading a couple in today towards used stuff anyway so I'll get the 30%, but if they tiered deal is working I'd find an extra game to take in.

Traded in three games today. All xbox 360.

Soul Caliber V - $12
SSX - $18
Dragon Age II - $4

Somebody reported yesterday that the promo 3/5/7 extra $10/$20/$25 bonus was still working, but I dont think it's working today. The promo I received is #13358. Trade in value has not fallen, so if you want to trade them in get to it.

Phone quotes 6/26/12

New Entry (Surprisingly not in the database since it was released in March 2012 or Noone traded it)

Xbox 360
Capcom Digital Collection = $10

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection = $15

My store has posters/tags stating 50% trade-in with a preown prchase (Possibly Power up member only?)

Edit: Possibly YMMV

[quote name='redboy']My store has posters/tags stating 50% trade-in with a preown prchase (Possibly Power up member only?)[/QUOTE]

did you look at the effective date of the deal? maybe this will start tomorrow since the weekly deals change on wednesday. Interesting!

[quote name='redboy']My store has posters/tags stating 50% trade-in with a preown prchase (Possibly Power up member only?)[/QUOTE]

%50? or 30, I got 30 yesturday.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']did you look at the effective date of the deal? maybe this will start tomorrow since the weekly deals change on wednesday. Interesting![/QUOTE]
I am wondering the same thing. If true, I will hold off couple of trades until then. Can any one confirm this.

Really?
No i didnt look at the date, I asked when it will end and was told thurs. I assume this thurs
BUT Now im not sure if its this thurs/next thurs XD

Since when did the PUR Pro card stop giving 10% off on preowned accessories? I sent an email to GS about an order I made and they responded you only get the bonus on trades and used games.

I noticed that too. I ordered one of the 360 hard drives that were on sale and didn't get a discount. At first I thought it was maybe because it was already on sale, but people buying in-store with the discount price were saying they were getting the extra 10% off, too.

My response from my question about it from GS had them saying the PUR Pro 10% was limited to trade-ins and pre-owned games.

As a test, I just tried adding a Used $15 PS2 controller and a Used $4 game to an order with my PURPro number and I only get a discount of 40c from the game reflected in the price.

edit: I just added almost $100 worth of preowned accessories like controllers, chatpads, charging kits, etc. to see if a single one registers an extra 10% off and still do not get a discount on any of them. Either this is a temporary website issue, or it IS going to be the new normal for their preowned accessories (at least online.)

:360:
Dead Island - $10
Battlefield 3 - $13
SSX - $18
NBA 2K12 - $11
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: $4

:ps3:
Heavy Rain - $8
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $15

:3ds:
Super Mario Land 3D - $18
Mario Kart 7 - $18

Thanks to the person who mentioned Link's Crossbow Training. I got a perfect copy with its cardboard sleeve and an unused Club Nintendo code for .44 (and most importantly the 30%/40% bonus) :whee:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']would the 30% stack with the extra 15% copuon from the latest promotion?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='orangecrush']Not likely.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah your probably right.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I think promos stack with PUR coupons, its when u try to combine promos with promos where things dont work

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks to the person who mentioned Link's Crossbow Training. I got a perfect copy with its cardboard sleeve and an unused Club Nintendo code for .44 (and most importantly the 30%/40% bonus) :whee:[/QUOTE]

Slowdive, do you have a SKU for the Link's Crossbow Training game...I was trying to find it online at Gamestop.com, but I cannot find it anywhere. I actually want to play that game again.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Slowdive, do you have a SKU for the Link's Crossbow Training game...I was trying to find it online at Gamestop.com, but I cannot find it anywhere. I actually want to play that game again.[/QUOTE]

I think this is it:

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks to the person who mentioned Link's Crossbow Training. I got a perfect copy with its cardboard sleeve and an unused Club Nintendo code for .44 (and most importantly the 30%/40% bonus) :whee:[/QUOTE]

You are very welcome, glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back