Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I traded in MW3, 2 copies of Rage, and something else I don't remember. I got silent hill hd collection new and ssx used and mgs 4 used and still had 5 bucks left over. Today I traded the other copy of MW3 and rage and got Alone in the Dark, Super Street Fighter IV, Enslaved, and Bionic Commando and got 40 cents on my card. Still haven't used my 20% off coupon so ill be saving it.

[quote name='jr1016']TIV 3/26/12

80gb BC PS3 $60
Rage (PS3). $6.50
RDR (360) $10
HDMI cord. $4

PS3 disc drive was broken so I got charge $25 refurb fee. I also just fix YLOD last night. It seem low but that thing sound like a rocket las night when I tested it. Also got the extra $50 bonus for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky. Don't think you're supposed to get the $50 bonus if there's a refurb fee.

Quick question, if you have a game with a still redeemable online pass do you get extra?
Like say Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3?

[quote name='iduncurr']Quick question, if you have a game with a still redeemable online pass do you get extra?
Like say Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3?[/QUOTE]

No, you lose it absolutely free!

The values of the following games have dropped:
:360: Battle Fantasia - $0.75
:360: Shaun White Skateboarding - $2.50
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show - $22 (dropped since yesterday apparently, but with current bonuses, it came to $35.20)

The values of the following accessories are still the same:
:360: Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV Cable - $3.50
:360: Xbox 360 Wired Headset - $3
:ps3: PS3 USB Cable - $1.50
:ps3: PS3 Component Cable - $2.50
:wii: Wii AV Cable - $1.75
:wii: Wii Charge Station w/Batteries - $2
:ds: DSi Charger - $3

[quote name='iduncurr']Quick question, if you have a game with a still redeemable online pass do you get extra?
Like say Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3?[/QUOTE]
Nope. The only thing you get money for is the disc itself. You get nothing for the case, manual, artwork, DLC, etc. I imagine that Collector's Editions are probably the only exception, and I don't think even those give you anything for DLC/online passes.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Nope. The only thing you get money for is the disc itself. You get nothing for the case, manual, artwork, DLC, etc. I imagine that Collector's Editions are probably the only exception, and I don't think even those give you anything for DLC/online passes.[/QUOTE]
There's only a few collector's edition that GameStop takes in. The only one I know of is Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and some madden NFL games.

All the others are treated like regular/standard editions.

[quote name='ZombieToast']The values of the following games have dropped:
:360: Battle Fantasia - $0.75
:360: Shaun White Skateboarding - $2.50
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show - $22 (dropped since yesterday apparently, but with current bonuses, it came to $35.20)

The values of the following accessories are still the same:
:360: Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV Cable - $3.50
:360: Xbox 360 Wired Headset - $3
:ps3: PS3 USB Cable - $1.50
:ps3: PS3 Component Cable - $2.50
:wii: Wii AV Cable - $1.75
:wii: Wii Charge Station w/Batteries - $2
:ds: DSi Charger - $3
[/QUOTE]
Are PS3 USB cables even branded? Never payed attention. Does GS give you $1.50 for any USB to Mini USB cable? I never think to trade in stuff like that.

used 2 PowerUp 20% off coupons to get 2 copies of CODMW3(ps3 & 360) for $29.53 each, traded in at Best Buy for $40 each. Niceee

Used the PUR program on my iPhone to purchase one of those 20% off coupons. It immediately showed up on the app, and it said to present the code at the register. I first end up waiting for this guy to spend 10 minutes helping some other person trade in a PSP, and then he finally gets to me and doesn't apologize for the wait. No big deal, though. Not really his fault.

But then when I present my phone, he says it needs to be printed. I tell him the app says that's not the case, and the code should work fine. He looks at it, waits a second, then tells me his manager doesn't allow it. :whistle2:/

So, I cancelled three pre-orders on him, told him to put the credit on my card, and went literally 250 yards to another GS store where they took the code no problem.

[quote name='mattcube64']Used the PUR program on my iPhone to purchase one of those 20% off coupons. It immediately showed up on the app, and it said to present the code at the register. I first end up waiting for this guy to spend 10 minutes helping some other person trade in a PSP, and then he finally gets to me and doesn't apologize for the wait. No big deal, though. Not really his fault.

But then when I present my phone, he says it needs to be printed. I tell him the app says that's not the case, and the code should work fine. He looks at it, waits a second, then tells me his manager doesn't allow it. :whistle2:/

So, I cancelled three pre-orders on him, told him to put the credit on my card, and went literally 250 yards to another GS store where they took the code no problem.[/QUOTE]

See...thats how you "get back" at a lazy or rude employee. Cancel pre-orders on them. If they do actually care about their job, that's the only thing that gets through to them.

[quote name='mattcube64']Used the PUR program on my iPhone to purchase one of those 20% off coupons. It immediately showed up on the app, and it said to present the code at the register. I first end up waiting for this guy to spend 10 minutes helping some other person trade in a PSP, and then he finally gets to me and doesn't apologize for the wait. No big deal, though. Not really his fault.

So, I cancelled three pre-orders on him, told him to put the credit on my card, and went literally 250 yards to another GS store where they took the code no problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I never knew their was an app for PUR, since I dont have a printer, I never purchased any coupons, so I have 28,000 PUR points!

well nvm, I guess their is no Android app. I wonder if I could purchase the coupon on my iPod Touch while im home on Wifi and bring it to gamestop? will that work If I have no active internet connection at Gamestop when I present coupon?

Ownage haha, if anyone needs to get back at the gs employees for being an idiot, this is how you do it

[quote name='mattcube64']

Ouch! But yeah, the employee got what he deserved.... i guess. hehe!

you got the last laugh by cancelling not one but three preorders ouch. What was his reaction?

Just wanted to tell you al that there is a 50% bonus trade sale at Gamestop.

Shop by Platform
bug_ad.png
View Weekly Ad
lcapgrey.png
Pre-Owned - Trade-In Offers - DLC - Tablets
rcapgrey.png

ui_620x1_iphnfix.gif

ui_620x1_iphnfix.gif

tn_leftcap.gif
bug_pur.png
PowerUp Rewards
bug_pcdownloads.png
PC Downloads
bug_fb.png
Facebook
bug_twitter.png
Twitter
tn_rightcap.gif
ui_620x1_iphnfix.gif

*Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade.
See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.
Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
offer for any reason without notice.

This message was sent to you because you have elected to receive email communications from GameStop.
We sent this email to on 03/26/2012.
© GameStop, Inc. 2012 | 625 Westport Parkway | Grapevine, TX 76051
track

Omg, i was having trouble with my pur card when i was buying my 3 copys of mw3 and during all the fuss they gave me a fourth copy for free without even realizing it. EPIC !!!!!

[quote name='Donut2922']you got the last laugh by cancelling not one but three preorders ouch. What was his reaction?[/QUOTE]

He didn't move for a second, even though I knew he heard me. So I continued and said something along the lines of "well, if I can't use my coupons here, I probably won't be shopping at this location any more when they don't give me a hard time just across the street." He then said he could switch the pre-orders to something else, if I wanted. To which I said, "no, because like I said, I don't plan on pre-ordering anything from this location anymore. I just want my money back, which I know can be refunded." And so he did it, had me sign something, and didn't say a word. Didn't even do the whole "circle his name/survey information" they always do.

It really is a stupid system, and in some cases, very unfair. But in times like this, I'm really glad that I know I can "punish" employees who treat me shitty. Thing is, among the 5-6 GS stores in the area, I probably have a good 15 preorders, as I know it helps their numbers. And so when an employee is cool and takes a couple copies for one system, or hooks me up with a deal, or is just genuinely friendly when I'm flipping, I try to pre-order a game just to be nice. Even if I never end up buying the game, I don't mind $5 going toward "being nice" to someone who helped me make many times that with a flip.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Omg, i was having trouble with my pur card when i was buying my 3 copys of mw3 and during all the fuss they gave me a fourth copy for free without even realizing it. EPIC !!!!![/QUOTE]

and you'll do the right thing right? You getting a few extra bucks is worth someone's job possibly?

[quote name='mattcube64']He didn't move for a second, even though I knew he heard me. So I continued and said something along the lines of "well, if I can't use my coupons here, I probably won't be shopping at this location any more when they don't give me a hard time just across the street." He then said he could switch the pre-orders to something else, if I wanted. To which I said, "no, because like I said, I don't plan on pre-ordering anything from this location anymore. I just want my money back, which I know can be refunded." And so he did it, had me sign something, and didn't say a word. Didn't even do the whole "circle his name/survey information" they always do.

It really is a stupid system, and in some cases, very unfair. But in times like this, I'm really glad that I know I can "punish" employees who treat me shitty. Thing is, among the 5-6 GS stores in the area, I probably have a good 15 preorders, as I know it helps their numbers. And so when an employee is cool and takes a couple copies for one system, or hooks me up with a deal, or is just genuinely friendly when I'm flipping, I try to pre-order a game just to be nice. Even if I never end up buying the game, I don't mind $5 going toward "being nice" to someone who helped me make many times that with a flip.[/QUOTE]
Hit him harder and fill out that survey.

[quote name='AshesofWake']I wonder how much they are giving for 160gb Slim Ps3...the OP value is from november, and I keep calling but no answer :/[/QUOTE]

with the PUR coupon it's 175 and that's a 50 coupon I believe. so im guessing 125?

[quote name='akir']with the PUR coupon it's 175 and that's a 50 coupon I believe. so im guessing 125?[/QUOTE]

problem is, i can only assume the TIV will be less than that since the value posted here is from november. my only worry is how low...might try calling again, but my Gamestop sucks...

iconxbox360.gif
Batman Arkham City is still $19 base and $30.40 after the 50% bonus and 10% PUR as of tonight.

Now what to do with the extra Catwoman code... Is it really worth anything as I heard used copies at Gamestop come with the code?

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']So much for the guaranteed $30 within a month of release. Does that guarantee only apply after bonus credit, is this info incorrect, or is Gamestop just full of crap?[/QUOTE]

The guarantee does not mean base is $30 for the game. It just gives the trader Base + an extra $X Bonus amount to reach $30.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']
iconxbox360.gif
Batman Arkham City is still $19 base and $30.40 after the 50% bonus and 10% PUR as of tonight.

Now what to do with the extra Catwoman code... Is it really worth anything as I heard used copies at Gamestop come with the code?[/QUOTE]
i'd be happy to take that code off your hands if it doesn't have any value to you. :bouncy:

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']So much for the guaranteed $30 within a month of release. Does that guarantee only apply after bonus credit, is this info incorrect, or is Gamestop just full of crap?[/QUOTE]

No, the $30 is guaranteed, it's just not the base value. If you traded it in with no other promos, you'd get $32.30 with PUR (no matter what the base value is, they'd bump it up to $30 because of the guarantee then give you 10% extra of whatever the base value is). With the 50% promo right now though, you end up getting more anyway...

[quote name='esalw822']No, the $30 is guaranteed, it's just not the base value. If you traded it in with no other promos, you'd get $32.30 with PUR (no matter what the base value is, they'd bump it up to $30 because of the guarantee then give you 10% extra of whatever the base value is). With the 50% promo right now though, you end up getting more anyway...[/QUOTE]

Still kinda lame. I used to use these 50% promos to buy at 60 or less and sell at 45 or more, as a kind of 'extended rentals' before I had Gamefly. Several times I even made a profit due to other deals, like when Walmart would sell newer games for 40. I would say Gamestop can't give that kind of credit anymore because eventually they would go out of business because of it, but we all know that isn't true. :p Might lose out now and then, but they far more than make up for it. It's all about maximizing their profits. Can't blame them, I suppose, just that the '50% extra' deals now end up feeling more like 'what you should be getting anyway'.

[quote name='Jdevon']Does the power up 20% off used coupon stack with the 10% from the unlocked/pro card?[/QUOTE]Yes, it does. You'd get a total of 30% off a used game/accessory.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yes, it does. You'd get a total of 30% off a used game/accessory.[/QUOTE]
Well technically not 30% off. Remember the 20% will come off the full price first and the 10% PUR will come off the price after the 20% is deducted. Ex. 34.99 - 20% = 27.99 - 10% = $25.19. More like 28%. While 30% off $34.99 would be $24.49.

[quote name='klimb22']Well technically not 30% off. Remember the 20% will come off the full price first and the 10% PUR will come off the price after the 20% is deducted. Ex. 34.99 - 20% = 27.99 - 10% = $25.19. More like 28%. While 30% off $34.99 would be $24.49.[/QUOTE]Ah, my bad. I stand corrected. :)

So, I decided to clean up my gaming area and ask my nieces and nephews for their unwanted games/accessories (they get a cut), so I have a bunch of random stuff in addition to games. I appreciate any help you can give with the following 2 questions. I don't need TIV's (but wouldn't mind), just thoughts or advice. Thanks!

1) Does GS take the xbox 360 microphone, either separately or as part of a bundle? I have the Karaoke Revolution - American Idol bundle in good shape and I'm wondering If I can trade in the bundle or the microphone.

2) Does GS take third party Gamecube controllers? I know they won't take anything Gamecube after April 2 (or 1), so I want to try and get those in.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I asked yesterday $17 is the base. With 60% bonus. It'll be $27+change. Not a good deal[/QUOTE]

it is if you got it for $30 as well as in a buy2 get 1 with a free $30 game, and beat it in a day. $3 for a playthrough and another game is pretty good :bouncy:

Wow.. It's a good week to trade in Games, I'll go to gamestop tomorrow then. O.O.
I want to get Kid Icarus badly...
Games to be traded in:
Lost planet 2
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Dissida 012
Crisis Core FF7
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 + Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Dual Pack
PSP 1g Memory card
Psp 2g memory card

Out of my calculations its somewhere between 40 and 50 dollars.. Does anyone wanna do the actual math for me? xD

[quote name='illucio']Wow.. It's a good week to trade in Games, I'll go to gamestop tomorrow then. O.O.
Games to be traded in:
Lost planet 2
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Dissida 012
Crisis Core FF7
PSP 1g Memory card
Psp 2g memory card

Out of my calculations its somewhere between 40 and 50 dollars.. Does anyone wanna do the actual math for me? xD[/QUOTE]

In the time it took you to write out your list you could've figured it out.

You still get a minimum $30 with the game, it just has promos applied to get it to $30 or higher. With the 50% promo right now, you'll get $34.50.

[quote name='illucio']Wow.. It's a good week to trade in Games, I'll go to gamestop tomorrow then. O.O.
Games to be traded in:
Lost planet 2
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Dissida 012
Crisis Core FF7
PSP 1g Memory card
Psp 2g memory card

Out of my calculations its somewhere between 40 and 50 dollars.. Does anyone wanna do the actual math for me? xD[/QUOTE]
I won't do the math for you, but I'll give you some tips. Check the TIVs at BB also or move some of that GS credit to BB. Then buy Kid Icarus from BB on sale for $30. That all depends if you have a BB near you.

I have a questions guy i have a newly release game and they quoted the trade in value was 22 bucks over the phone so with this 50 percent extra credit i'd be recieving 44 dollars when i trade it in?

[quote name='Jay']I have a questions guy i have a newly release game and they quoted the trade in value was 22 bucks over the phone so with this 50 percent extra credit i'd be recieving 44 dollars when i trade it in?[/QUOTE]

50%, not 100% :) 22 base with the 50% bonus would be 33.

[quote name='Jay']I have a questions guy i have a newly release game and they quoted the trade in value was 22 bucks over the phone so with this 50 percent extra credit i'd be recieving 44 dollars when i trade it in?[/QUOTE]
I can't tell if you're kidding, trolling or serious. I hope it's not the latter.

[quote name='klimb22']I won't do the math for you, but I'll give you some tips. Check the TIVs at BB also or move some of that GS credit to BB. Then buy Kid Icarus from BB on sale for $30. That all depends if you have a BB near you.[/QUOTE]
I'll look into it... But the only reason why I choose gamestop is because it's convenient to get too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back