Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN NEW THREAD UNTIL I HAVE FIRST 6 POSTS TAKEN OVER.
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9832580

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Power Trade 30% (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Power Trade: Get a 30% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of:New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts, 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Madden NFL 13

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Madden NFL13 or Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title. [/QUOTE]

30% Extra toward pre-owned (8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of any pre-owned product.

Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of pre-owned product. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Steam Funds (7/23/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Buy Back (Ends 8/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade NCAA Football 13 within 30 days of release

$30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new title is priced at $59.99 (Xbox 360 and PS3). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

30% Trade Bonus Toward Google Nexus 7 (Includes iOS/Android Devices - Ends 8/05/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
Power Trade: Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade any items toward the pre-order of the Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a Google Nexus 7 Tablet. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Today (6/7/12):
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) - $3.50
Harvest Moon DS (DS) - $4.00 (not in OP)
Tetris DS (DS) - $8.00
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - $9.00
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3) - $6.00
Fallout: New Vegas (PS3) - $3.00
Darksiders (XBOX) - $6.00

Fallout: NV I bought at BB for $3. I traded in RDR & RDR:UN for $26.50 (after bonuses) and bought the GOTY edition for $19.99 at Amazon. Darksiders I bought from BB for $5 but just don't play my XBOX so I traded it in.

[quote name='GUNNM']How can you trade in dawn of sorrow? :([/QUOTE]

It was the ugly greatest hits package... I bought DoS and Portrait of Ruin for my son years ago and he never got into the Castlevania games... I asked him if there were any games that he didn't want anymore and that was one of them. (I don't have a DS)

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Not sure if it's been posted or not, but Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (PS3) got me $23 on Monday.

Very useful thread! Tagged.[/QUOTE]

Ghost recon trades into bestbuy for $36 plus 1.80 if you have unlocked

[quote name='GUNNM']How can you trade in dawn of sorrow? :([/QUOTE]
Better question: How can [he] trade in Tetris DS? That one's going for quite a bit online.

[quote name='J7.']On Gamestop's site it says Up To $27 for Ipod Nano 2nd Gen 2 gb but in the OP it says $20 as of 1/11/12. I'm confused, did the value really go up $7 since January or is there something about this "Up to" that I don't know about?[/QUOTE]

The apple stuff can jump up and down. The 'up to' is based on condition....if you bring beat up stuff, they'll take some off for that. If it is reasonable shape, you should get what's listed on the website plus what ever promos they are running (at the moment you also get $10 bonus on trades for nanos)

[quote name='Vigilante']Better question: How can [he] trade in Tetris DS? That one's going for quite a bit online.[/QUOTE]

I check ebay before selling because I though it was semi-valuable.... I think the price on that has been going down. I checked completed listings and it looked like it was getting anywhere from $10-$20. I suspected the $11 TIV in the OP had gone down but was surpised it was at $8... anyway it was $13.80 after all bonuses.

TIV June 8th

Xbox :
Warhammer 40k : Space Marine $4

PS3 :
R&C All4one : $8
AC : Revelations : $12
Just Cause 2 : $8
LBP 2 (Vanilla) : $15

They tried to slap a refurbish fee for the games that were disc only. I told them I thought that isn't the case and one of them said it's fine but like he was doing me a favor. Has GS policy changed or something?

[quote name='karekano126']They tried to slap a refurbish fee for the games that were disc only. I told them I thought that isn't the case and one of them said it's fine but like he was doing me a favor. Has GS policy changed or something?[/QUOTE]

No. Some stores are douches. They'll charge you a refurb fee on something they sold you that you never played.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I check ebay before selling because I though it was semi-valuable.... I think the price on that has been going down. I checked completed listings and it looked like it was getting anywhere from $10-$20. I suspected the $11 TIV in the OP had gone down but was surpised it was at $8... anyway it was $13.80 after all bonuses.[/QUOTE]

It crashed when Tetris Deluxe was released on June 1st 2010.

[quote name='cheeky']It crashed when Tetris Deluxe was released on June 1st 2010.[/QUOTE]

Plus there are tons of fake DS games sold on EBay all the time.

Today, 6/8

:ps3:
$3 Fallout New Vegas
$5 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
$8 Dead Space 2 (disc was the LE but I don't think there's a difference in the GS system)

:360:
$7 Alan Wake
$4.50 Dragon Age 2
$8 Crysis 2 (again, this was the LE disc.. no distinction)

:psp:
$5 3rd Birthday

my balance is up to $365 now. sigh.

Had a really nice surprise today!!!!!!!!

I bought a PS3 last night after trading some stuff in, and I promptly used the $50 gc to get a couple games. Well when I got home I realized I got a Fat model and if I'm buying used I definitely want a Slim...

Anyway I go back to another store today (this time with my very cut, curly haired blue-eyed kids...a 1 1/2 year old and a 2 1/4 year old...not sure if they had anything to do with it, but they did start whining haha) to return it for a Slim and the guy said he was supposed to ask for my gc, invalidate it, and give me a new one. When I said I already bought some stuff but I have the card with me, he just said to forget it. I assumed he was just letting me keep my current card, but he was actually giving me ANOTHER card in addition to the one I had!

Now when I got home I did find out the first one I had was now invalid, but I only had about $9 left on it anyway. So basically the two games I got yesterday are completely free and I now have $50 more to spend!!

What's more is he applied the tiered bonus to my DS trade-ins even though I'm pretty sure one of my games was too low to qualify (had 3 games)! So I got enough with my trades to renew my PowerUp rewards (are they still giving the B2G1 with it?) AND have $10 left from that!

Lastly, I'm not sure exactly what he did but the Slim I bought was $10 more than the Fat I was exchanging and I don't see where this came from. Not sure if my the first card I had was invalid because he used that or if he just gave it to me with a free upgrade. Either way I still had the $50 on the new GC and $10 left on my trade...and I didn't pay anything in cash.

[quote name='JKSonic']Had a really nice surprise today!!!!!!!!

I bought a PS3 last night after trading some stuff in, and I promptly used the $50 gc to get a couple games. Well when I got home I realized I got a Fat model and if I'm buying used I definitely want a Slim...

Anyway I go back to another store today (this time with my very cut, curly haired blue-eyed kids...a 1 1/2 year old and a 2 1/4 year old...not sure if they had anything to do with it, but they did start whining haha) to return it for a Slim and the guy said he was supposed to ask for my gc, invalidate it, and give me a new one. When I said I already bought some stuff but I have the card with me, he just said to forget it. I assumed he was just letting me keep my current card, but he was actually giving me ANOTHER card in addition to the one I had!

Now when I got home I did find out the first one I had was now invalid, but I only had about $9 left on it anyway. So basically the two games I got yesterday are completely free and I now have $50 more to spend!!

What's more is he applied the tiered bonus to my DS trade-ins even though I'm pretty sure one of my games was too low to qualify (had 3 games)! So I got enough with my trades to renew my PowerUp rewards (are they still giving the B2G1 with it?) AND have $10 left from that!

Lastly, I'm not sure exactly what he did but the Slim I bought was $10 more than the Fat I was exchanging and I don't see where this came from. Not sure if my the first card I had was invalid because he used that or if he just gave it to me with a free upgrade. Either way I still had the $50 on the new GC and $10 left on my trade...and I didn't pay anything in cash.[/QUOTE]

The $10 overcharge offsets your new $50 gc but yeah thats a $40 gain you have although considering you bought a used console at GS im not so sure thats a total win either ..... lol

GS takes in a lot of shady stuff i'd be leery about

[quote name='Donut2922']The $10 overcharge offsets your new $50 gc but yeah thats a $40 gain you have although considering you bought a used console at GS im not so sure thats a total win either ..... lol

GS takes in a lot of shady stuff i'd be leery about[/QUOTE]

Well I'm still not sure where the extra $10 came from/went, the only thing I can think of is it came from the first gc or he just waived it altogether. Like I said, I didn't pay it, it didn't come off either new gc, and it didn't come off my trade in either.

And yes, believe me I'm keeping an EXTREMELY close eye on the console through the warranty period. Anything AT ALL that seems like it might have been abused or is getting ready to die and it's going back.

[quote name='gospelman']Today, 6/8

$3 Fallout New Vegas
$5 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
$8 Dead Space 2 (disc was the LE but I don't think there's a difference in the GS system)

$7 Alan Wake
$4.50 Dragon Age 2
$8 Crysis 2 (again, this was the LE disc.. no distinction)

:psp:
$5 3rd Birthday

my balance is up to $365 now. sigh.[/QUOTE]

dont freat mine is at 852.27 after today :/

TIV Report 6/6

all :ps3:
LBP 2 $15
Skyrim $17
Transformers: WFC $6
Disney Universe $7
How to Train Your Dragon $5
Fear 3 $7
Infamous 2 $10

6/8:

The Darkness II: $7
Dragon Age II: $4.50
Resistance 3: $7

:wii:
Super Mario Galaxy: $7
Wario Land: Shake It!: $3

Earth Defense Force 2017: $3.50
Rayman Origins: $10

6/9 (quotes):

:ps3:/:360:
Deadliest Warrior: $9

Vita
Modnation Racers: $10

Phone quotes just now:

:3ds:
Sims 3 - $5
Madden NFL Football - $7

Rage - $2.50
Skate 3 - $8
Hasbro Family Game Night 4 - $6

Edit: And just got back...

Actual trades (in addition to some of the ones above):

:3ds:
Nintendogs + Cats Poodle - $9
Pilotwings - $3
Steel Diver - $3

I picked up a pretty awesome B2G1 (using my PUR renewal coupon):

Xenoblade Chronices, Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (with what looks like all the extras), and Metroid Prime Trilogy (near mint)

I bought MPT at another store yesterday but they had no problem returning that and ringing up the other 2 so Xenoblade came up free.
It was still a lot of money for 3 used games ($103.48) but considering that I got $80.10 from that stuff I traded in that's not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow, you are set for next gen lmao[/QUOTE]

I only have $366 in credit, and I don't think I can scrape up another 7 qualifying games to make another run. I was really hoping to at least have enough for one of the two next gen consoles. Totally jealous of the guy who has almost $900. Can probably get them both at launch without much at all out of pocket and still pick up a WiiU if the mood strikes haha

So lucky!

Might try to do another 7 though depending on what I have sitting around here that would break the $3 mark.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']6/8 TIV
COD:WAW (X360): $7.74
Fight Night R3 (X360): $.70
GTA IV (X360): $12.70
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 (X360): $13.80
'' '' 1 (X360): $6.64
Dead or Alive 4 (X360): $3.15
Darksiders (X360): $11.60
Read Dead Redemption (X360): $14.90
Dead to Rights Retribution (X360): $7.74
Kinect Joy Ride (X360): $12.70
COD: MW2 (X360): $10.50
Alan Awake (X360): $12.70
(with Power Up Card 10% and $35 Bonus) $114.87

Second Visit to another GS 6/8

Dead Island (X360): $16
Mortal Kombat (X360): $19.30
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions (X360): $18.20
Prototype 2 (X360): $28.10
LA Noire (X360): $11.60
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (X360): $5.50
Prototype (X360): $17.10
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (X360): $12.70
(with Power Up Card 10% and $35 Bonus) $128.50[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing but for future reference we usually post the base TIV. Not to be a douche or anything, just informing.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I only have $366 in credit, and I don't think I can scrape up another 7 qualifying games to make another run. I was really hoping to at least have enough for one of the two next gen consoles. Totally jealous of the guy who has almost $900. Can probably get them both at launch without much at all out of pocket and still pick up a WiiU if the mood strikes haha

So lucky!

Might try to do another 7 though depending on what I have sitting around here that would break the $3 mark.[/QUOTE]

in fairness you dont really make money back on games you lose money when you sell them. and before i hear the flippers blast me for this statement. you still must invest a lot of time and effort into flipping the right games, finding the right deals, and in some cases driving to these stores(the cost of which is time + gas). ultimatelly unless you just happen to have sealed copies of super rare expensive things to sell you dont really make a whole lot of money if any and are probably still in the hole.

[quote name='kayne2000']in fairness you dont really make money back on games you lose money when you sell them. and before i hear the flippers blast me for this statement. you still must invest a lot of time and effort into flipping the right games, finding the right deals, and in some cases driving to these stores(the cost of which is time + gas). ultimatelly unless you just happen to have sealed copies of super rare expensive things to sell you dont really make a whole lot of money if any and are probably still in the hole.[/QUOTE]

I've only flipped one time in my life. It was when BB had Midevil Madness for a penny after coupons. I had 3 copies of each system to trade at GS. Didn't know they have a policy for only 1 copy per system per customer at the time, but since they knew me as a customer from 2 stores they let it slide. I think I ended up getting $120 for the deal. My point is that sometimes you have to be extremely lucky to get stuff like this and know the right people. Flipping can be a rush but it's a definate YMMV.

please not another argument about flipping....lol

XBOX LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 8.00
Wii Wario Ware Smooth moves 5.00

Rest PS3

Resistance 3 7.00
Dante's Inferno 3.50
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 7.00
Dragon Age 2 4.50
Deadliest Warrior 9.00

TiV 6/8

X360
Mass Effect - $12
NBA 2k11 - $10

Wii
101 in 1 Party Megamix - $3.50
Game Party 2 - $4
iCarly - $3
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $6

DS
Survivor - $2.50

TIV for 6/8

Borderlands $7 ( up $1)
Mass Effect 2 $7 ( unchanged)

Driver San Francisco $9 (down$1)
God of War Collection $7 (unchanged)
Saints Row 2 $7 ( unchanged)
Midnight Club LA Complete $8 ( up $1.50)
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Trilogy $11 ( up $1)

[quote name='kayne2000']in fairness you dont really make money back on games you lose money when you sell them. and before i hear the flippers blast me for this statement. you still must invest a lot of time and effort into flipping the right games, finding the right deals, and in some cases driving to these stores(the cost of which is time + gas). ultimatelly unless you just happen to have sealed copies of super rare expensive things to sell you dont really make a whole lot of money if any and are probably still in the hole.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I only traded in copies of games that I had sitting around that I didn't play anymore. So rather than have them take up space, and most of them probably wouldn't gain too much value over time, I figured I would get in on this offer now to get a little extra. It was actually good because it forced me to take the time and sit down to ask which games I realistically still wanted, and if they were important enough to me personally to keep them in my collection. Some I kept, some I traded in.

Since I bought most of those games full price, and the others new on sale, I know in the long run I'm way down, but getting back close to $400 for 21 games that are (in many cases) at least 2 years old isn't completely terrible. Sure, some I felt were worth more, but now I have enough credit to pick up the Vita or 3DS that I've been wanting to get without really taking anything else out of my pocket.

I have no thought that I'm somehow 'ahead', but I also don't mind the position I'm in considering that I would have needed to pay a lot more for the consoles if I didn't trade in my old games.

Right now I'm between jobs, so I'm not in a position where I shouldn't be spending too much of my own out of pocket money (that I had before when I bought most of these games) on new games and consoles, but (and I guess this is a problem with myself, and if push came to shove one I could live without) I still would like to play some different things. I have so many Gamestops in my area that when I'm driving to or from (what little) interviews I can manage it's easy to drop in and make trades while this deal is going on and I know I have games I want to get rid of. So really I'm not spending gas since I drive past them anyway, and the time isn't all that much since I know what I'm going for and the transactions tend to only take a couple of minutes.

And, even with the $356/$366 (I have $10 floating around in pre-orders I'll either shift to other games or cancel outright if I don't like what I hear about the games), I can pass on a Vita or 3DS if I want and get in on future B2G1 or one of the next batches of consoles even if I don't have the type of job I envision myself having at that point in time.

[quote name='JAR']TiV 6/8

X360
Mass Effect - $12
NBA 2k11 - $10

Wii
101 in 1 Party Megamix - $3.50
Game Party 2 - $4
iCarly - $3
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $6

DS
Survivor - $2.50[/QUOTE]

The first Mass Effect's TiV is up to $12? That's pretty impressive, I reckon.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Just got off phone with GS, vita promo starts Monday 6/11-17...[/QUOTE]
Giving them free with a purchase of the wii u?

U are assuming that ppls' time is more then the $ they are making but unless u have a nice income then $ > time even if u only get % of your initial investment b/c it would have been zero (maybe even negative) since its just taking up space; also the value most likely depreciates over time so its better to get rid of it then hold on

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Just got off phone with GS, vita promo starts Monday 6/11-17...[/QUOTE]

what is this promo??

[quote name='IamPro']U are assuming that ppls' time is more then the $ they are making but unless u have a nice income then $ > time even if u only get % of your initial investment b/c it would have been zero (maybe even negative) since its just taking up space; also the value most likely depreciates over time so its better to get rid of it then hold on[/QUOTE]

still stating you are not making money in 95% of the cases.

TiV 6/9

X360
Cars Mater-National - $4.00
Madden 11 - $2.50

Wii
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - $4.00
Deal or No Deal SE - $4.00
Excite Truck - $1.50
Hello Kitty Seasons - $7.00
iCarly 2 - $3.00
Madden 10 - $2.00

DS