Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10172798

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Black Friday Trade Deals

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']20% extra credit on trades toward refurbished/new electronics
25% bonus trade in credit when trading in 2 games
Double trade in credit on any system
[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 get $10 (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get $10 extra in-store credit when you trade any 3 games

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus, Select Systems (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed, Select Games (Varied)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade select games (within 30 days of release) View Now

$30 value is net value after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Some exclusions may apply. Offer valid only while new game is priced $49.99 or higher. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title.
[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle Upgrade Offer (11/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $75 extra in-store credit when you trade any PS3 toward a new PS3 500GB Assassin’s Creed III bundle.”

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS3 500GB Assassin's Creed III bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

Sony Collections Trade Offer (11/14/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Eligible Games
- Ratchet & Clank Collection - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
- Jak and Daxter Collection - $39.99
- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $19.99
- InFAMOUS Collection $19.99
- Journey Collector’s Edition- $29.99
- Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99
- Killzone Trilogy - $39.99

Legal: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.
[/QUOTE]

Power Up Rewards Exclusive Hardware Values (11/11/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']PowerUp Rewards exclusive hardware trade offers are here. Trade in your system to score these exclusive trade prices.

• Xbox 360 orig - $80
  • Xbox 360 slim - $125
  • PS3 - $125
  • Wii - $40
  • 3DS - $75
  • DSi - $50
  • DS Lite - $40
  • PS Vita - $90
  • PS2 - $30
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Defective hardware may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/6/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

30% Power Trade
(1/6/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new copy of select games. http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new copy of a participating game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

PC Download Power Trade (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any games toward Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC digital downloads.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of PC download of Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

25% Headset Offer (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new headset. including Turtle Beach, Tritton, Beats and more!

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of new headset. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP']That's a first. The first post after mine is a TIV. Normally it's a post about a fresh new thread. Smell of new thread.[/QUOTE]

J P just wanted to say thanks for your service and keeping up with this!:applause:
Again though I must say that you remind me of Corky from "life Goes On" every time I see your avatar pic with the special ed helmet.. Im jus sayin!:bouncy:

Thanks for the earlier input on some of my games guys. I ended up keeping Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata TIP, HALO Wars. They were all part of a 37 game lot I got along with 2 360 jasper consoles, 2 wireless controllers and a MS quick charge kit for $170.
I ended up trading in $555 worth of games today.

[quote name='Violator']Thanks for the earlier input on some of my games guys. I ended up keeping Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata TIP, HALO Wars. They were all part of a 37 game lot I got along with 2 360 jasper consoles, 2 wireless controllers and a MS quick charge kit for $170.
I ended up trading in $555 worth of games today.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you for
Keeping any of those games. I traded in halo wars awhile back (at least 1.5 years) and still regret it. I'll have to buy it back again once my backlog is down a bit more.

To JP and all of those who have contributed and continue to contribute to this thread, thanks a lot guys! :applause:

I don't understand why GameStop just doesn't have a page on their website (like Best Buy does for instance) that states their TIVs. I mean TIVs are supposed to be the same for all branches, right? By not disclosing it to the public on their site, it gives shady GS managers/employees the opportunity to screw over unwitting customers!

[quote name='brauma']Traded in another 4 games today, puts me at $295.61 for the 26 games I traded in today and yesterday.

360 titles

Rage - $5
Deadliest Warrior - $6
Assassins Creed Rev - $15
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - $6.50

The problem I have now is I never buy games at Gamestop, ever. So I've got $300~ in credit to a store I don't purchase games from. =/[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know if this works but I read that if you preorder a game using credit and go back and cancel it they give you cash back. I preordered Hitman today and will go cancel it tomorrow and let you know.

[quote name='Stimes']Thanks JP this place looks nice! Seriously don't know what I would do w/o this thread.[/QUOTE]

I know personally I might have a life...instead I spend more time buying and trading games then I do playing lately. :lol:

Base TIVs 7/26:

Wii:
Wii Sports Resort $12.00

Xbox 360:
Legend of Spyro Dawn of Dragon $10.00
Grand Theft Auto IV $11.00
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning $12.00
Mortal Kombat $10.00
Final Fantasy XIII $5.50

PS3:
Demon's Souls $4.50
Sonic Unleashed $5.50

[quote name='PimpBot2000']Base TIVs 7/26:

Wii:
Wii Sports Resort $12.00

Xbox 360:
Legend of Spyro Dawn of Dragon $10.00
Grand Theft Auto IV $11.00
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning $12.00
Mortal Kombat $10.00
Final Fantasy XIII $5.50

PS3:
Demon's Souls $4.50
Sonic Unleashed $5.50[/QUOTE]

$11 base for GTAIV?! Damn...

Lately I've been wanting to trade/sell my whole 360 Slim setup for cash or a Ps3....if I already had the console sold, I'd hit up trading in GTAIV for that!

So when I did my trade today I also got the last "new" copy of Lego:HP 5-7. It was an open copy which really does not bother me except for the fact they throw it into this sealed bag and pretend like it was new all along. The least they could do it treat it as a used copy for return purposes. The intellectual disconnect is pretty funny.

[quote name='brauma']Traded in another 4 games today, puts me at $295.61 for the 26 games I traded in today and yesterday.

360 titles

Rage - $5
Deadliest Warrior - $6
Assassins Creed Rev - $15
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - $6.50

The problem I have now is I never buy games at Gamestop, ever. So I've got $300~ in credit to a store I don't purchase games from. =/[/QUOTE]

Hold it until Black Friday and pick up console bundles to resell to soccer moms. Works like a charm.

[quote name='@FIF']Hold it until Black Friday and pick up console bundles to resell to soccer moms. Works like a charm.[/QUOTE]

specifically the wii u.

[quote name='Xombie007']To JP and all of those who have contributed and continue to contribute to this thread, thanks a lot guys! :applause:

I don't understand why GameStop just doesn't have a page on their website (like Best Buy does for instance) that states their TIVs. I mean TIVs are supposed to be the same for all branches, right? By not disclosing it to the public on their site, it gives shady GS managers/employees the opportunity to screw over unwitting customers![/QUOTE]

Not publishing trade in values gives them an opportunity to screw unwitting customers who walk into a store with a pile of games. The system spits out lot TIV's and the guy who schlepped all his crap down has to decide whether it's worth biting on lowballs or taking it elsewhere. The trip out and time invested have value and induce people to take trades they'd never consider if they could crunch the numbers before going to the store.

[quote name='@FIF']Not publishing trade in values gives them an opportunity to screw unwitting customers who walk into a store with a pile of games. The system spits out lot TIV's and the guy who schlepped all his crap down has to decide whether it's worth biting on lowballs or taking it elsewhere. The trip out and time invested have value and induce people to take trades they'd never consider if they could crunch the numbers before going to the store.[/QUOTE]

this essentially gamestop lives if i had to guess solely off of the 10-16 year old market of going to gamestop with mom with a pile of trade ins for the newest game because mom says i cant afford new games. so sell your old ones. but mom might be able to afford say 20-30 dollars but not 65 after tax. and gamestop lives off of this because well....used games at poor trade in values with no promos = big turn around.

like it or not gamestop doesnt survive off the older smarter gamer but rather the 12 year that desperately wants the latest title but has no money so must sell sell sell. and most teenagers have 0 impulse control. most adults probably dont have much better impulse control but we can at least use logic....well some of us can. teens have no logic. and clearly given the size of gamestop and the amount of money they make they have trade in's down to a fine science.

of course i have seen this above logic fall out the window a lot of time as i have seen grown adults take cash at gamestop from trade in's. so there are also plenty of stupid adults feeding the system too. i seriously cant beleive it anytime i see that. but im not going to stop them as i rather enjoy gamestops existence.

at least me and my friends at that age traded in games CONSTANTLY for the newest ones. now not so much. and if i do its during a trade in promo.

[quote name='@FIF']Hold it until Black Friday and pick up console bundles to resell to soccer moms. Works like a charm.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kayne2000']specifically the wii u.[/QUOTE]

No, stay away from that! I'm hoping the Wii U preorders are much easier to get than the Wii ones so no one needs to hoard those, please ;). With all the credit I've gotten at GS recently I absolutely have to get my Wii U there so I don't have to shell out real money anywhere else.

But if you all remember, there were people camped out overnight just to get preorders for the Wii. I seriously hope that does not happen again.

[quote name='kayne2000']specifically the wii u.[/QUOTE]

All signs pointing at the Wii U not being a budget console. Bad bad idea imo. There's going to be plenty of them I'm sure of it.

[quote name='io']No, stay away from that! I'm hoping the Wii U preorders are much easier to get than the Wii ones so no one needs to hoard those, please ;). With all the credit I've gotten at GS recently I absolutely have to get my Wii U there so I don't have to shell out real money anywhere else.

But if you all remember, there were people camped out overnight just to get preorders for the Wii. I seriously hope that does not happen again.[/QUOTE]

i remeber that preordering the wii. i called in work and said i had to take my dog to the vet ill be late that morning LOL. though it wasnt as bad as i heard it was in other places i only had to get up at like 7 or 8 that morning so a 2-3 hour wait isnt too terrible. though i remeber some mom throwing a massive fit that she could only preorder 1. yea it would be nice if this console doesnt dissappear off the shelves for 3 years.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']All signs pointing at the Wii U not being a budget console. Bad bad idea imo. There's going to be plenty of them I'm sure of it.[/QUOTE]

we shall see. im personally not banking on the wiiu being above 300. but i could be wrong nintendos specs might just be mind blowing.

This may be a silly question, but does the Gamestock +15%TIV email coupon stack with either of the +30% promos?

I know promo-bonuses don't stack, but I figured I would ask since I'm used to being able to use the various PUR coupons when there are automatic discounts/sales, and since it's a coupon working with said automatic bonus....you get the picture.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']This may be a silly question, but does the Gamestock +15%TIV email coupon stack with either of the +30% promos?

I know promo-bonuses don't stack, but I figured I would ask since I'm used to being able to use the various PUR coupons when there are automatic discounts/sales, and since it's a coupon working with said automatic bonus....you get the picture.[/QUOTE]

didn't work for $5 bonus yesterday...

When I was trading in games yesterday, I was told by the manager that an email came across detailing the Gamestock Week 5 or 6 (not sure which), but there is a 2 day Buy a used game get 50% trade in bonus coming up. Just an fyi.

Updated lists and database. Also changed the layout of the lists. 2nd post now contains games for Microsoft devices. 3rd post now contains games for Nintendo devices. 4th post now contains games for Sony devices.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Just throwing in my 2 cents, I think the posts should go

Current Gen Consoles
:360:
:ps3:
:wii:

Current Gen Handhelds
:3ds:
Vita

Last Gen Systems
:ds:
:psp:
:ps2:[/QUOTE]
The main problem with that setup is that I'm constantly running into character limit on the current gen consoles post. That is the main reason for the redesign. I had to resort to taking out spaces in some listings just to keep it from hitting limit. I had long ago taken out the formatting of the post as a stop gap to the character limits.

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database. Also changed the layout of the lists. 2nd post now contains games for Microsoft devices. 3rd post now contains games for Nintendo devices. 4th post now contains games for Sony devices.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for all the hard work. You are the man!

[quote name='littledude702']I'll let you know if this works but I read that if you preorder a game using credit and go back and cancel it they give you cash back. I preordered Hitman today and will go cancel it tomorrow and let you know.[/QUOTE]

No, this does not work. The computer knows that you used trade in credit for the preorder, and will only give back store credit. (Well, that's how it's supposed to work...you may get an employee that doesn't care) not to mention the grief you'll get over cancelling a preorder....

[quote name='JediKiller24']No, this does not work. The computer knows that you used trade in credit for the preorder, and will only give back store credit. (Well, that's how it's supposed to work...you may get an employee that doesn't care) not to mention the grief you'll get over cancelling a preorder....[/QUOTE]

I should have said YMMV. I have been offered the choice of cash or credit before when cancelling preorders so I guess it just depends on the employee. As for the grief I just say I found it for a better price and that usually shuts them up. Or I just firmly but nicely say no.

A little late in reporting TiV values (I had about 20 values that don't matter anymore since there are newer updates now)

7/25
Splatterhouse: $4

PS3
Castlevania LoS: $4
Darksiders: $6.50
Just Case 2: $8

sweet. it looks like you can still get close to $20 for ass creed rev if you use the 30%+10% for pur. maybe i'll go trade in a few more copies later.

[quote name='mitemouse']Any free shipping promos for gamestop?[/QUOTE]
May be a little known secret, but a GS store can give you a free shipping code if they can't find a game for you in your local area and it's available online.

[quote name='mitemouse']Any free shipping promos for gamestop?[/QUOTE]

SAVESHIPPING

"Free Value Shipping on in-stock game and accessory purchases of $49.99 or more. Excludes handhelds, game consoles an laptops. Other Restrictions may apply. Expires 8/6."

That's the only one I know of.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']sweet. it looks like you can still get close to $20 for ass creed rev if you use the 30%+10% for pur. maybe i'll go trade in a few more copies later.[/QUOTE]

I may be bad at math but at $15 base isn't the amount $21?

$15 + $4.50 + $1.50 = $21 ($0.60 more than you got on Wed, $0.50 less than yesterday with the $5.00 promo)

That would be over $20 in reality.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I may be bad at math but at $15 base isn't the amount $21?

$15 + $4.50 + $1.50 = $21 ($0.60 more than you got on Wed, $0.50 less than yesterday with the $5.00 promo)

That would be over $20 in reality.[/QUOTE]

you are right, you have to remember not every "trader" here graduated high school here, LOL

Base TIV for 7/26/12

:360:
Battlefield 3 - $14
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $15
Call of Duty - World At War - $6
Cursed Crusade, The - $5
DanceMasters - $3.50
Driver San Francisco - $8
Eternal Sonata - $5
Halo Combat Evolved Ann. - $15
Madden NFL 12 - $4
Mass Effect 3 - $12
Midnight Club: LA Complete Edition - $7
Need For Speed: The Run - $11
Price is Right Decades - $8
Shadows of the Damned - $5.50
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $7
SoulCalibur V - $11
Witcher 2 - $17

:ps3:
3D Dot Heroes - $2.50
Bakugan - $1
Harry Potter Deathly Hallow Part 1 - $3
Heavy Rain - $6
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - $3.50
Rayman Origins - $6
Red Faction: Armageddon - $1.50
Supremacy MMA - $3

:wii:
Call of Duty Black Ops - $15
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $14
Deal or No Deal - $2.50
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $7
Mario & Sonic: Olympic Games - $8
New Super Mario Bros - $15
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $5
Super Mario Galaxy - $8
Super Smash Bros. Bawl - $11

Also I am going start calling some GS's in my free time soon to start getting quotes on Xbox 360 games that haven't been updated in 2+ years. I love helping this thread :D (if you haven't been able to tell by now)

[quote name='Lonsta']
Also I am going start calling some GS's in my free time soon to start getting quotes on Xbox 360 games that haven't been updated in 2+ years. I love helping this thread :D (if you haven't been able to tell by now)[/QUOTE]

The thing with that is, you may have to call a few for the games you inquire about a TIV.

When Assassins Creed was $14, I called a GS after reading the value on here. The guy had a professional sound. Even put me on hold while he 'checked'. Came back and said $11.xx:roll:. Called another and got the $14 quote.

Phone quotes are cool, but not something for the OP.

Phone Quotes - Base TIVs 7/27

:360: Major League Baseball 2K12 - $21
:360: NBA 2K12 - $13

:360: 2K Sports Combo Pack — Major League Baseball 2K12/NBA 2K12 - $19

I guess you're better off trading in the games disc-only seperately, hehe.

I have no idea why people keep saying anything better than 17 gets a better trade in with the 40% than the five extra. It's supposed to be anything with a greater trade in value than 12.50 (12.50< X ) get's a better trade in value.
12.50 times .4 is equal to 5. 12.50 + 5 = 17.50, the same amount you would get if you chose the five dollar promotion. Some people are pretty bad at math...

[quote name='hatback']Phone Quotes - Base TIVs 7/27

:360: Major League Baseball 2K12 - $21
:360: NBA 2K12 - $13

:360: 2K Sports Combo Pack — Major League Baseball 2K12/NBA 2K12 - $19

I guess you're better off trading in the games disc-only seperately, hehe.[/QUOTE]

You would think GS would have this type of thing figured out after being in business so long. It is either a. They are too stupid or b. They think the majority of their customers are too stupid. Discuss...:lol:

[quote name='cancerman1120']You would think GS would have this type of thing figured out after being in business so long. It is either a. They are too stupid or b. They think the majority of their customers are too stupid. Discuss...:lol:[/QUOTE]

i wonder what the tiv is at bestbuy

[quote name='YBX87']i wonder what the tiv is at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

At BBY

NBA 2k12 $8
MLB 2k12 :ps3: $12 :360: $10

Cannot find the combo pack TIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back