Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10172798

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Black Friday Trade Deals

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']20% extra credit on trades toward refurbished/new electronics
25% bonus trade in credit when trading in 2 games
Double trade in credit on any system
[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 get $10 (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get $10 extra in-store credit when you trade any 3 games

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus, Select Systems (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed, Select Games (Varied)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade select games (within 30 days of release) View Now

$30 value is net value after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Some exclusions may apply. Offer valid only while new game is priced $49.99 or higher. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title.
[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle Upgrade Offer (11/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $75 extra in-store credit when you trade any PS3 toward a new PS3 500GB Assassin’s Creed III bundle.”

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS3 500GB Assassin's Creed III bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

Sony Collections Trade Offer (11/14/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Eligible Games
- Ratchet & Clank Collection - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
- Jak and Daxter Collection - $39.99
- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $19.99
- InFAMOUS Collection $19.99
- Journey Collector’s Edition- $29.99
- Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99
- Killzone Trilogy - $39.99

Legal: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.
[/QUOTE]

Power Up Rewards Exclusive Hardware Values (11/11/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']PowerUp Rewards exclusive hardware trade offers are here. Trade in your system to score these exclusive trade prices.

• Xbox 360 orig - $80
  • Xbox 360 slim - $125
  • PS3 - $125
  • Wii - $40
  • 3DS - $75
  • DSi - $50
  • DS Lite - $40
  • PS Vita - $90
  • PS2 - $30
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Defective hardware may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/6/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

30% Power Trade
(1/6/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new copy of select games. http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new copy of a participating game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

PC Download Power Trade (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any games toward Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC digital downloads.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of PC download of Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

25% Headset Offer (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new headset. including Turtle Beach, Tritton, Beats and more!

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of new headset. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brauma']Traded in another 4 games today, puts me at $295.61 for the 26 games I traded in today and yesterday.

360 titles

Rage - $5
Deadliest Warrior - $6
Assassins Creed Rev - $15
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - $6.50

The problem I have now is I never buy games at Gamestop, ever. So I've got $300~ in credit to a store I don't purchase games from. =/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Royal High Knight']shit, buy a ps3, 3ds XL, ipod, iphone, something. Shit give me the money and Ill have no promblem spending it :D[/QUOTE]

YES! Getting an iPad 2 today $359 w / $50 itunes, reserved an 3dsxl , thinking about a nexus 7, and wii u later. Gamestop is becoming my defacto hardware store. With all the recent promos my cost out of pocket is less than 50%.

gi joe rise of cobra ps3 2.75 :( missedd that one)
sonic unleashed ps3 5.50
mk vs dc universe ps3 5.50
ps move heroes ps3 3.00
sly collection ps3 11.00
dead rising ps3 6.00

child of eden 5.50 360
plants vs zombies 7.00 360
split second 6.00 360
sonic hedgehog 3.00 360

[quote name='hatback']Phone Quotes - Base TIVs 7/27

:360: Major League Baseball 2K12 - $21
:360: NBA 2K12 - $13

:360: 2K Sports Combo Pack — Major League Baseball 2K12/NBA 2K12 - $19

I guess you're better off trading in the games disc-only seperately, hehe.[/QUOTE]Huh, if you're willing to take a risk on the TIVs, you could hold onto the combo pack until the 2-day "Buy a used game, get 50% extra credit for your trades" promo to get $51 ($54.40 w/ PUR). Not a bad profit margin at all ($28 BBY -> $51/$54.40 GS), though I think I'm fine with the GS credit I've got and I'd like to hold onto my more-versatile BBY GC credit.

[quote name='209chromatic']How does the 30% pre order promo work? Can you cancel the pre order and still get the extra 30%?[/QUOTE]

Just buy a used game for 99cents or less to get the 30% toward pre-owned bump.

[quote name='Vigilante']Huh, if you're willing to take a risk on the TIVs, you could hold onto the combo pack until the 2-day "Buy a used game, get 50% extra credit for your trades" promo to get $51 ($54.40 w/ PUR). Not a bad profit margin at all ($28 BBY -> $51/$54.40 GS), though I think I'm fine with the GS credit I've got and I'd like to hold onto my more-versatile BBY GC credit.[/QUOTE]

When is that?

[quote name='Vigilante']Huh, if you're willing to take a risk on the TIVs, you could hold onto the combo pack until the 2-day "Buy a used game, get 50% extra credit for your trades" promo to get $51 ($54.40 w/ PUR). Not a bad profit margin at all ($28 BBY -> $51/$54.40 GS), though I think I'm fine with the GS credit I've got and I'd like to hold onto my more-versatile BBY GC credit.[/QUOTE]

Oh i might buy a combo pack today at BBY to get me some Steam Credits and Itunes gift card at GS! pretty sweet!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']When is that?[/QUOTE]Week 5 or 6 of Gamestock according to this post from earlier in the thread:

[quote name='outkastx']When I was trading in games yesterday, I was told by the manager that an email came across detailing the Gamestock Week 5 or 6 (not sure which), but there is a 2 day Buy a used game get 50% trade in bonus coming up. Just an fyi.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're better off trading in the games disc-only seperately, hehe.[/QUOTE]

I was really going to keep MLB 2k12 to have a Baseball game to mess around with but after seeing the value I think I'll take it to GS a put some credit with it to get The Show. Should only take 5 to 7 bucks of credit.

this is going to be a stupid question, but what exactly is gamestock? is it some kind of special summer gamestop event?

[quote name='YBX87']damn need for speed the run actually went up[/QUOTE]

I know right...I need to play through the story mode and trade it in before it tanks

Any of you have been trading at GS for over a year and traded the same game on the same system within a short time frame?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Any of you have been trading at GS for over a year and traded the same game on the same system within a short time frame?[/QUOTE]

Yes, lots of us have ;).

Called to get a quote today because Skylanders was not listed on "the list" and was amazed to find out that they do not take it. I admit I was surprised so -

Xbox 360 - Skylanders - Does not accept

[quote name='zaw73']Called to get a quote today because Skylanders was not listed on "the list" and was amazed to find out that they do not take it. I admit I was surprised so -

Xbox 360 - Skylanders - Does not accept[/QUOTE]

I got this a while back for the 3DS version, too. You'd think with racks (now) full of Skylanders figures and the fact that they take the figures in for trade that they might want at least some stock of used copies to sell to people. I could see them not wanting to be flooded, but I think they'd do well with it. There is no way to buy just the game without the entire starter pack so I'm sure some customers would appreciate a $30-ish used copy.

I had an extra 360 starter pack that I got on sale a while back. All the kids I know (nephews, etc) either already had it or weren't interested, so I just split it up. The first thing to sell was the game - went to someone who said their kids broke their disc and they had no way of getting a replacement other than eBay. They were more than happy to pay $40 for it. GS is being stupid by not taking those - they could give $10 for them and sell them for $30, easy.

(That is, unless there is some arrangement with Activision not to do so...)

[quote name='io']I got this a while back for the 3DS version, too. You'd think with racks (now) full of Skylanders figures and the fact that they take the figures in for trade that they might want at least some stock of used copies to sell to people. I could see them not wanting to be flooded, but I think they'd do well with it. There is no way to buy just the game without the entire starter pack so I'm sure some customers would appreciate a $30-ish used copy.

I had an extra 360 starter pack that I got on sale a while back. All the kids I know (nephews, etc) either already had it or weren't interested, so I just split it up. The first thing to sell was the game - went to someone who said their kids broke their disc and they had no way of getting a replacement other than eBay. They were more than happy to pay $40 for it. GS is being stupid by not taking those - they could give $10 for them and sell them for $30, easy.

(That is, unless there is some arrangement with Activision not to do so...)[/QUOTE]

GS no longer takes Skylanders figures for trade. They don't take Rocksmith either. It's a space issue, GS doesn't like taking anything anymore that requires additional accessories.

So i learned about getting free points through the Gamestop app today from an employee. There's an option at the bottom to "check in" and you select any one of the stores near you and you'll get rewarded 5 Powerup points automatically.

You don't have to physically be at a GS. It can be done at home. The limit is one check in per day (5 points).

[quote name='starmask2k3']is the 50% extra trade-in still good[/QUOTE]

That actually ended a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly, there is a new one coming up soon. So stay tuned for that.

[quote name='Dark Rider']That actually ended a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly, there is a new one coming up soon. So stay tuned for that.[/QUOTE]

Most likely after this supposed b2g1. The timing does make sense though.

traded in mlb 2k12 today and kept nba 2k12 for free basically. So is there a way they can check if you traded in the same game for the same system? I not sure if they can ban you at gamestop for this? I was contemplating getting another nba 2k12 for bro. didn't want to trade more then one copy of a game

[quote name='cancerman1120']I also got the last "new" copy of Lego:HP 5-7. It was an open copy which really does not bother me except for the fact they throw it into this sealed bag and pretend like it was new all along. The least they could do it treat it as a used copy for return purposes.[/QUOTE]

I asked for a sealed copy of Dead Island Game of the Year yesterday and the guy was like what is this sealed game you speak of...He actually got one out of the drawer behind him after he tried to sell me a "new" unwrapped one. I can't think of another store that opens everything then sells it as new.

[quote name='Xombie007']I don't understand why GameStop just doesn't have a page on their website (like Best Buy does for instance) that states their TIVs. I mean TIVs are supposed to be the same for all branches, right? By not disclosing it to the public on their site, it gives shady GS managers/employees the opportunity to screw over unwitting customers![/QUOTE]

From my experience, they love to take in all your games then give you the final trade-in value after any promos so it looks as if you are getting more than you are. Hey, you got $78.25 in credit, not thinking about you just traded in 20 games. Of course, I always tell them to give me the values individually but there are others that look at their receipt afterwards and see the $1.00 or $2.00 trades they wouldn't have made if they knew the values ahead of time.

I guess you're better off trading in the games disc-only seperately, hehe.[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing this with Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Editon to get back more separately but they have the discs labeled "Game of the Year Disc 1 and Disc 2" so I'm guessing they would have to both?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just buy a used game for 99cents or less to get the 30% toward pre-owned bump.[/QUOTE]

Links Crossbow Training Wii 49 cents and tons at every store, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Well I just wanted to say thanks again to JP and everyone that contributes to this thread. Within the last week I traded my old 360 and 14 games for the Star Wars 360:D

[quote name='ohboy10451']would the 30% bonus work if applied to a used console (psp 2000/GO) ?[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about using the credit to get a used console then yes it will. The promo says any used product and I used the promo once to get a used DS. As usual the GS employees might be clueless (they were at the store I went to) but if they try it should work.

[quote name='Donut2922']So i learned about getting free points through the Gamestop app today from an employee. There's an option at the bottom to "check in" and you select any one of the stores near you and you'll get rewarded 5 Powerup points automatically.

You don't have to physically be at a GS. It can be done at home. The limit is one check in per day (5 points).[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would mention.
Given that 50K points = $50 off coupon
5 points is only worth about 1/2 of a cent

so im curious...would the 30% bonus apply to my Slim 250gb 360 if i traded it along with my few games in for a refurbed PS3 Slim?

I've been perusing craigslist for the past couple of days and have text people out the butt to try and get decent PS3 slim deals under $200, but a lot of people dont want to drive to meet or it's simply the system and no incentives along with it. And i'm gonna be hard pressed to find someone who wants to straight up trade system for system... seems like most everyone is trying to rid themselves of their 360 for a PS3.

so with the bonus..i could get around $160 credit for my Slim, Skyrim, and GTAIV. Knock that off a refurb 160gb price, and i'm only paying $70 instead of paying $200 or so cash to a private seller.

I think this route would just save me the trouble of buying a PS3 and then trying to sell my 360 bundle (which i originally wanted $200ish for...probably not gonna happen) to make back what i forked out. I'm only worried the refurb would be a dud. Odd that im more at ease buying a used system from a random guy at a meet spot than an "official" refurbished one from a major retailer ahah..

you can rant & rave all you want about how GS is wrong and evil and how the promos are rigged to make you think that your getting the better of them .. but you cant deny this for 48 hrs if you knew what to flip you really did take it to them this week ..

example : Assassins creed REV. 9.99@ bb traded in for 20.40 per copy after 5.00 bonus gamestock promo .

i traded in 6 of them and doubled my money and in the process got Halo 4 and Black ops completly paid off .

i spent 60 cash and got black ops 2 and halo 4 in the end so tell me how that's evil ooh gamestop really pulled one over on me there with those evil promos

PS3
Dynasty Warriors 7 - $13.00
Insect Armageddon - $5.20
Resident Evil 5 - $9.10
3D Dot Game Heroes - $3.25
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City - $11.70

PS2
Grand Theft Auto 3 - $0.52

Nintendo DS
Pokemon White - $18.20
Rune Factory 3: Fantasy Harvest - $3.90
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels Star - $3.90
Zelda Spirit Tracks: - $6.50

Wii/DS SD Card 1gig - $.50 (Actually for PSP dunno why it came up that way)
PSP Adaptor - $2

Total after Bonus:

[quote name='Hakudo']PS3
Dynasty Warriors 7 - $13.00
Insect Armageddon - $5.20
Resident Evil 5 - $9.10
3D Dot Game Heroes - $3.25
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City - $11.70

PS2
Grand Theft Auto 3 - $0.52

Nintendo DS
Pokemon White - $18.20
Rune Factory 3: Fantasy Harvest - $3.90
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels Star - $3.90
Zelda Spirit Tracks: - $6.50

Wii/DS SD Card 1gig - $.50 (Actually for PSP dunno why it came up that way)
PSP Adaptor - $2

Total after Bonus:
77.77[/QUOTE]Could you post the base values and not the values after the 30% bonus was applied?

As an aside, that's one heck of an awesome total. :shock:

The inflated prices of L4D/L4D2 is mind boggling. You can buy them at Fry's for $20 and almost break even in credit after you've had your fill....

[quote name='209chromatic']Anyone know how much Rabbids alive & kicking (Xbox 360) trades in for?[/QUOTE]

Read the front page or call a local store. I'm guessing you are planning on flipping a Best Buy copy tomorrow.

[quote name='teknobeavr']you can rant & rave all you want about how GS is wrong and evil and how the promos are rigged to make you think that your getting the better of them .. but you cant deny this for 48 hrs if you knew what to flip you really did take it to them this week ..

example : Assassins creed REV. 9.99@ bb traded in for 20.40 per copy after 5.00 bonus gamestock promo .

i traded in 6 of them and doubled my money and in the process got Halo 4 and Black ops completly paid off .

i spent 60 cash and got black ops 2 and halo 4 in the end so tell me how that's evil ooh gamestop really pulled one over on me there with those evil promos[/QUOTE]

Well they still got one over on you since you could have preordered black ops 2 at best buy and got a 20 dollar reward zone certificate.

[quote name='littledude702']Well they still got one over on you since you could have preordered black ops 2 at best buy and got a 20 dollar reward zone certificate.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops 2 is not on the list, so no you couldn't.

[quote name='209chromatic']Black Ops 2 is not on the list, so no you couldn't.[/QUOTE]

Well you should probably take a look at that list again on two separate pages it is on the list.

[quote name='littledude702']Well they still got one over on you since you could have preordered black ops 2 at best buy and got a 20 dollar reward zone certificate.[/QUOTE]

He turned $60 into $120 value at GS compared to $60 into $80 value at Best Buy.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The inflated prices of L4D/L4D2 is mind boggling. You can buy them at Fry's for $20 and almost break even in credit after you've had your fill....[/QUOTE]

I know right? Who the hell would buy a used copy of L4D2 for $45? It's $30 MSRP new everywhere...

[quote name='panda911']He turned $60 into $120 value at GS compared to $60 into $80 value at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was not clear the two aren't mutually exclusive. He could still flip and then get the 40 black ops 2. I was just saying he should preorder at best buy rather than at gamestop.

[quote name='209chromatic']Black Ops 2 is not on the list, so no you couldn't.[/QUOTE]

Well this is how the math would work converting credit from BBY to GS using AC:Rev to buy a game on the BBY fall $20 RZ cert offer. I am using Thursday'v value ($21.50) that includes PUR. This would be worse if you did not have PUR or your traded on Wed when it got ($20.40)

Buy 3 AC:Rev for $9.99 x 3 = $29.97 + tax (for me it equals $31.50).

Trade to GS for $64.50 credit and pay off game tax free $59.99 leaving $4.51 in credit left.

True cost in BBY credit = $29.30.

Cost of staying with BBY = $59.99 + tax ($63.05 for me) minus $20 RZ cert. True cost $39.99 + tax since RZ certs will not be taxed when used. ($42.03 for me) I guess this part is more complicated than that since you have to buy something again to take advantage of the rebate.

Now at this point it was better to buy from GS by flipping. If you get a price match better than $48 it makes BBY better. For a Silver member this is very likely.

I think my math is right but I am tired from moving my parent today. Anyone let me know what I screwed up or omitted.

[quote name='panda911']He turned $60 into $120 value at GS compared to $60 into $80 value at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Ugg....that is a lot simpler than the mess I tried to concoct above. :D

Yea its simple but you don't have to have two mutually exclusive things. You can have your cake and eat it too so to speak. As for the list if you go to the thread they have where it is located there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back