Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10172798

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Black Friday Trade Deals

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']20% extra credit on trades toward refurbished/new electronics
25% bonus trade in credit when trading in 2 games
Double trade in credit on any system
[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 get $10 (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get $10 extra in-store credit when you trade any 3 games

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus, Select Systems (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed, Select Games (Varied)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade select games (within 30 days of release) View Now

$30 value is net value after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Some exclusions may apply. Offer valid only while new game is priced $49.99 or higher. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title.
[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle Upgrade Offer (11/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $75 extra in-store credit when you trade any PS3 toward a new PS3 500GB Assassin’s Creed III bundle.”

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS3 500GB Assassin's Creed III bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

Sony Collections Trade Offer (11/14/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Eligible Games
- Ratchet & Clank Collection - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
- Jak and Daxter Collection - $39.99
- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $19.99
- InFAMOUS Collection $19.99
- Journey Collector’s Edition- $29.99
- Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99
- Killzone Trilogy - $39.99

Legal: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.
[/QUOTE]

Power Up Rewards Exclusive Hardware Values (11/11/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']PowerUp Rewards exclusive hardware trade offers are here. Trade in your system to score these exclusive trade prices.

• Xbox 360 orig - $80
  • Xbox 360 slim - $125
  • PS3 - $125
  • Wii - $40
  • 3DS - $75
  • DSi - $50
  • DS Lite - $40
  • PS Vita - $90
  • PS2 - $30
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Defective hardware may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/6/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

30% Power Trade
(1/6/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new copy of select games. http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new copy of a participating game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

PC Download Power Trade (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any games toward Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC digital downloads.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of PC download of Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

25% Headset Offer (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new headset. including Turtle Beach, Tritton, Beats and more!

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of new headset. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Potentially stupid question but, if I were to trade in my 3DS toward an XL version, would I get an extra 10% as a PUR member?

Base 9/12:

:360:
Dead Island GOTY $10.00
Blitz II The League $9.00
Red Dead Redemption $8.00
FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa $4.00
Halo Reach $13.00

:ps3:
Shift 2 Unleashed $6.00

:wii:
Wii Sports Resort $10.00

[quote name='injendsm']Potentially stupid question but, if I were to trade in my 3DS toward an XL version, would I get an extra 10% as a PUR member?[/QUOTE]

Extra 10% only applies to games and accessories.

[quote name='Geco17']Extra 10% only applies to games and accessories.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks.

[quote name='cheapgamer 23']should i print out a ad with the 30% on it for accessories? or will i be fine.[/QUOTE]
Print the ad just to be safe.

has anyone gotten in trouble (bans, etc) for doing the preorder promo too many times. I already canceled one preorder and plan to cancel another tomorrow and trade in some more DS3's and preorder another game.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']has anyone gotten in trouble (bans, etc) for doing the preorder promo too many times. I already canceled one preorder and plan to cancel another tomorrow and trade in some more DS3's and preorder another game.[/QUOTE]
i have heard of people getting banned from cancelling a few preorders

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']i have heard of people getting banned from cancelling a few preorders[/QUOTE]

What happens if I never cancel the preorder but just let it go. Will it eventually cancel itself or will I always have that preorder?

Has anyone canceled a preorder the same day they traded in their games for the preorder?

Stupid question I know but I'm Jw if anyone could get away with this without getting banned. Keep in my mind I never trade in games to GameStop. I was thinking about trading in games early when they open with the PUR steal OTW 50% bonus, then coming back 4 or so hours later and just say "errrr I changed my mind and really want to just get ghost recon with this coke code I have before it expires" then flip to best buy and preorder there

Also another quick question that's kinda off topic, I really want to preorder FIFA 13 at GS just for the steel book, then return it back to GameStop the same day since I already have it preordered from best buy (since they obviously have the better deal). Will they ask for my steel book back if I try to return a couple hours after picking it up?

[quote name='injendsm']Potentially stupid question but, if I were to trade in my 3DS toward an XL version, would I get an extra 10% as a PUR member?[/QUOTE]

FYI: Having just done the trade myself, try to build in an extra day to your 3DS trade-in if you want to actually transfer your data. The Gamestop I went to didn't have wifi so I had to do a return and rebuy.

Tues: Bought 3DS XL, Transferred data
Wed: "Returned" 3DS XL, Rebought with trade-in of 3DS

Considering you're running out of time on the $100 trade-in, take that time into account. It took me a good hour to transfer everything (ambassador games, mainly)

SI

I should have asked this before, but are bans from GS a per store thing?

If I trade in my DS3, preorder a game from another GS. Then cancel that will that gain any ire against me? I trade in a lot of games and also buy a lot of used ones, its not like I only take advantage of the preorder promos.

I dont plan on doing this anymore, just to get rid of all my Dualshocks.

Do they also get pissed at returning preordered games? I plan to pick up my BL2 preorder since the PSN release doesn't seem to be getting a preorder and the preorder DLC. So i want to get that DLC by preordering, but I plan to return the game a few days later or keep it if it doesn't come to PSN.

I was denied on the 30% bonus for my DS3. He scanned two separate bar codes and told me it wouldn't work. He said one was for games only and the other for systems only. I still got $33 so I traded it anyway, but damn.

[quote name='Tsel']I was denied on the 30% bonus for my DS3. He scanned two separate bar codes and told me it wouldn't work. He said one was for games only and the other for systems only. I still got $33 so I traded it anyway, but damn.[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone having issues with this?

For the love of god show them this on your phone or print it out.
http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Its starting to piss me off how many people are getting denied this when its so plainly spelled out by gamestop themselves. Go back and get tour 30%, thats $9, dinner if you want.

ANY ITEMS! F U Gamestop, honor your own promotions.

For those of looking to purchase a Wii U, here is Gamestop's new trade-in promo.

Save up to $140 when you trade select systems toward a new Wii U system.
PowerUp Rewards members save and additional $10

$90 when you trade any Original model Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system
$115 when you trade any Original model PS3 or Slim model Xbox 360 system
$140 when you trade any Slim model PS3
$50 when you trade any Wii system
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Full trade amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new Wii U system. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Offer valid 9/13/12 through 9/23/12.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']has anyone gotten in trouble (bans, etc) for doing the preorder promo too many times. [/QUOTE]

What i have done is pre order and pay off whatever is soonest available when im trading in. since i dont need trade in credit right away ill usually come and pick up the game when it comes out, and go to another gamestop within 7 days and return it and either put it on my card or buy something i want. Ive had clerks tell me that it hurts them if i cancel the preorder but doesnt count towards anything when it is a return.

[quote name='NeverGrewUp']What i have done is pre order and pay off whatever is soonest available when im trading in. since i dont need trade in credit right away ill usually come and pick up the game when it comes out, and go to another gamestop within 7 days and return it and either put it on my card or buy something i want. Ive had clerks tell me that it hurts them if i cancel the preorder but doesnt count towards anything when it is a return.[/QUOTE]

I might do this then from now on. A little more work but no angry GS power trippers to worry about. Although that preorder is a free gift to the employee in the first place since they never sold me anything, I was always going to preorder from the moment I walked in. it was just his lucky day.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']What happens if I never cancel the preorder but just let it go. Will it eventually cancel itself or will I always have that preorder?[/QUOTE]
You will always have the pre-order. Depending on how long you leave it, the game may be removed from their system, but the fact that you had $5 (or whatever) down on something will still be there. You can go in and ask to move it to something else. I did that back before Dead Space 2 came out. I had a pre-order from who knows how long ago and moved that $5 over to DS2.

Alright well i guess I'll just leave my preorder and return the game on release.

Planning on trading 3 DS3 and a wireless 360 controller. Should come out to about $156ish - the preorder.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']What happens if I never cancel the preorder but just let it go. Will it eventually cancel itself or will I always have that preorder?[/QUOTE]

The deposit just sits as a credit on your account. I just found out about and cancelled a pre order for RAGE a couple weeks ago!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Why is everyone having issues with this?

For the love of god show them this on your phone or print it out.
http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Its starting to piss me off how many people are getting denied this when its so plainly spelled out by gamestop themselves. Go back and get tour 30%, thats $9, dinner if you want.

ANY ITEMS! F U Gamestop, honor your own promotions.[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't have any of it. He even had his own sheet that specifically stated GAMES. Believe me, I tried.

[quote name='Tsel']He wouldn't have any of it. He even had his own sheet that specifically stated GAMES. Believe me, I tried.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't matter, if you can I would talk to a manager or someone higher up. That is pretty bad for an employee to not honor a valid promo, especially when it automatically applies it if he scanned the right preorder barcode. Last time I just showed the manager the webpage and he said "Oh, you're right." scanned the barcode and magic, automatic 30%. Anyone remember what the promo ID was? I dont have my receipt on me. Maybe that will help people out. The one the stores have is probably a different promo and they dont realize there are two 30% ones going on I guess.

What game were you preordering? Was it one of those listed?

I'm going to do this again today and a new GS since its near where I'm going.

planning on 2 x DS3, 1 x sixaxis, 1 x wireless 360 controller.

Thank god I found the battery holder thing that came with it, last time I traded in my phat 360 for the slim upgrade promo, they wouldn't let me trade it in without the battery holder. I had to go home and find it then come back. The wouldn't accept the wireless battery instead. The person their said they sell those separately and cant sell the wireless controller without the battery holder.

Anyways should come out to about 147.

I still cant believe they haven't dropped the TIV on these. A brand new DS3 can be had for $40 on amazon and at best buy and they give $42 after promo. A new 360 controller costs as low as $35 and they give $31.5 for that.

Use it while it lasts I guess.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Damn, GameStop raised the price back up on ghost recon.. I had no idea that it was a sale proce[/QUOTE]

What? I thought it was a price drop too. Crap, was planning on getting a PS3 copy and Spec Ops.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']That doesn't matter, if you can I would talk to a manager or someone higher up. That is pretty bad for an employee to not honor a valid promo, especially when it automatically applies it if he scanned the right preorder barcode. Last time I just showed the manager the webpage and he said "Oh, you're right." scanned the barcode and magic, automatic 30%. Anyone remember what the promo ID was? I dont have my receipt on me. Maybe that will help people out. The one the stores have is probably a different promo and they dont realize there are two 30% ones going on I guess.

What game were you preordering? Was it one of those listed?
[/QUOTE]

I told him that it specifically stated any items and watched him scan every barcode he had to no avail. I was watching him like a hawk, so I know he didn't try to play me. I'm pretty cool with the guys there, especially the manager, but I don't feel like making a huge fuss about it. Yeah, I got jipped, but I'll get over it.

I was preordering Borderlands 2, FWIW.

For some reason when I try to print the Power Trade page on GS it won't show the part where it says the bonus includes hardware, accessories, ipod...etc. It shows the games valid for pre-order. Any suggestions?

[quote name='cancerman1120']For some reason when I try to print the Power Trade page on GS it won't show the part where it says the bonus includes hardware, accessories, ipod...etc. It shows the games valid for pre-order. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Get a screen cap and print that. I had the same issue.

I really wanted to take one of my older DS3s in but couldn't find the right one this morning. I should have just grabbed one anyway.

So for the WiiU promo, you think I can trade in a 3DS and get the $100 and just apply it to my already existing WiiU preorder? I would love to use this opportunity to upgrade my 3DS to an XL. I'd buy the XL, transfer stuff at home, and then take the 3DS in for trade on the Wii U - I get the same deal as the XL trade-up one but without the hassle of maybe not being able to transfer stuff.

Traded in today, below are the base values:
Xbox 360
Network N Adapter Wireless - 32.00
Play & Charge Kit - 8.00
External HD 120GB - 11.25
Bioshock - 3.50
Tales of Vesperia - 13.00
Catherine - 11.00
Universal Ethernet Cable - 0.25
Xbox 360 w/wireless controller - 55.00

PS3
Disgaea 3 - 7.50

Pretty happy overall with the current WiiU trade in bonus on systems, ended up with $235 for an old 360, 4 games, and a couple accessories.

edit - OP mentions that a disc was required for the adapter. I had no disc and didn't have any problems trading it in,

Wonder how many people are going to talk themselves into a Wii U and end up dumping a system like the 360 or PS3 that more or less gives you the same experience.

I didn't even have to think twice about trading in my 360, since the games I bought were multiplats and I just ended up buying them on my PS3 instead. I actually hadn't even plugged in my xbox since I last moved a year and a half ago. Heck, I only had 3 games for the thing.

I will say I am not sure if I want to actually get a WiiU or not, but nothing stopping me from getting a good trade in now and just canceling the pre-order later depending on what I decide.

You got $36 for the N adapter? Man that is much higher than the OP. I am strongly considering trading in my 360, and I never thought about getting a WiiU but it is tempting.

I'm actually debating on trading in my xbox slim...
$125 for it isn't bad.
It's not as good as the $150 promo a few months back.
I'd have to sell off the slim hd and kinect accessories individually though because the TIV base on those are kind of blah.

Does trading in a system for the wii u stack up with the 30% hardware bonus that is being offered right now. Got an old xbox 360 that I have been meaning to upgrade for awhile. Trading it in for 90 bucks plus the 30% hardware trade bonus would be a sweet deal. Will that work or should I just call to make sure???

edit* nevermind, just read the terms, says offer cannot be combined with any other offer.

Woops! put in the wrong value on the adapter, was actually 32.00. Still a lot more than the last recorded value.
All of the accessories I had ended up being worth about twice as much as the OP. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up getting almost $45 after bonuses on the adapter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back