Old thread, link to new thread in first/last posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10172798

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Black Friday Trade Deals

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']20% extra credit on trades toward refurbished/new electronics
25% bonus trade in credit when trading in 2 games
Double trade in credit on any system
[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 get $10 (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Get $10 extra in-store credit when you trade any 3 games

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus, Select Systems (11/18/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita or 3DS system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed, Select Games (Varied)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Guaranteed $30 in store credit when you trade select games (within 30 days of release) View Now

$30 value is net value after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Some exclusions may apply. Offer valid only while new game is priced $49.99 or higher. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expiration varies by title.
[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle Upgrade Offer (11/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $75 extra in-store credit when you trade any PS3 toward a new PS3 500GB Assassin’s Creed III bundle.”

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS3 500GB Assassin's Creed III bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

Sony Collections Trade Offer (11/14/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any games toward the purchase of select Sony collections. Exclusively for PowerUp Rewards members

Eligible Games
- Ratchet & Clank Collection - $39.99
-God of War Saga - $39.99
- Jak and Daxter Collection - $39.99
- Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - $19.99
- InFAMOUS Collection $19.99
- Journey Collector’s Edition- $29.99
- Uncharted Dual Pack - $39.99
- Killzone Trilogy - $39.99

Legal: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.
[/QUOTE]

Power Up Rewards Exclusive Hardware Values (11/11/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']PowerUp Rewards exclusive hardware trade offers are here. Trade in your system to score these exclusive trade prices.

• Xbox 360 orig - $80
  • Xbox 360 slim - $125
  • PS3 - $125
  • Wii - $40
  • 3DS - $75
  • DSi - $50
  • DS Lite - $40
  • PS Vita - $90
  • PS2 - $30
Values are net after trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Hardware must be in full working condition to be eligible for this offer. Defective hardware may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/6/12 through 11/11/12.
[/QUOTE]

30% Power Trade
(1/6/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 30% extra in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new copy of select games. http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new copy of a participating game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

PC Download Power Trade (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any games toward Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC digital downloads.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of PC download of Prototype Franchise bundle, Dead Space Bundle, F.E.A.R. bundle or Dawnguard DLC. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

25% Headset Offer (11/5/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 25% in-store credit when you trade any items toward a new headset. including Turtle Beach, Tritton, Beats and more!

Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of new headset. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where to post this but the Steal of the Week is $15 off any pre owned game for 10,500. Not bad since its 4,000 points for 5 off so effectively, $20 off for 14,500 as oppressed to the usual $20 off for 16,000 points.

[quote name='Deader2818']Not sure where to post this but the Steal of the Week is $15 off any pre owned game for 10,500. Not bad since its 4,000 points for 5 off so effectively, $20 off for 14,500 as oppressed to the usual $20 off for 16,000 points.[/QUOTE]I don't see it as a good deal considering you'd normally get that coupon for 12,000 points (20% less than the 15,000 points for $15 off any purchase), so you're saving 12.5%. :\

I want to trade in several Halo Reaches for my friends since I have the Pro membership. Do you know if they keep track of your trade-ins on the screen or if there is a limit like Best Buy (assuming if I trade the games in one at a time at different Gamestops)? Thanks.

I guess the mods shut the 50% list thread down...weird considering they left the 100% hardware thread up...a little consistency would be nice.

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']I want to trade in several Halo Reaches for my friends since I have the Pro membership. Do you know if they keep track of your trade-ins on the screen or if there is a limit like Best Buy (assuming if I trade the games in one at a time at different Gamestops)? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You might be able to trade in two copies if you explain that you're doing it for your friends, but any more than that and it might look suspicious; technically GS doesn't allow more than one copy of a game to be traded in at one time (at least that's what I've been told and heard from others). I'd space out your trades across several days with no more than 1-2 copies at a time, depending on how many you mean by "several", and try to use different employees as often as you can.

Is GameStop open today being Columbus Day or whatever? I think it's time to show some love for 'Murica by Pre-Ordering Assassins Creed 3 on the day no other than the one it was discovered. Gotta get rid of Sleeping Dogs fast since the MSRP's dropping like a rock.

Also, trade in-questions about the HDMI cable and Wired Headsets. By HDMI cable, can it just be any old HDMI cable or does it have to be xbox-branded or something? I have an old one that i can't use anymore with my computer and TV since I re-arranged my room and it's just sitting here now. also, I've got an old wired headset that just sitting around too, what do they look for on those when trading them in? Mine's missing the fuzzy end for the mic but that's it. Still works okay as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sweet Lou01']3ds=100 after the promo[/QUOTE]

WTF? I just got off the phone guy tells me normal TIV for 3DS is $70 with everything in box so after promo it's $140...im going to store now n I better get my $140!!! :hot:

[quote name='Vigilante']You might be able to trade in two copies if you explain that you're doing it for your friends, but any more than that and it might look suspicious; technically GS doesn't allow more than one copy of a game to be traded in at one time (at least that's what I've been told and heard from others). I'd space out your trades across several days with no more than 1-2 copies at a time, depending on how many you mean by "several", and try to use different employees as often as you can.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna do one by one at different stores so I guess I should be ok

[quote name='rieper']WTF? I just got off the phone guy tells me normal TIV for 3DS is $70 with everything in box so after promo it's $140...im going to store now n I better get my $140!!! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Probably looked up the wrong one. Cause GS sells pre-owned 3DS systems for $139.

Does anyone know the value of a Ps2 trade-in after the double credit? I have a slim, and I'm not sure what else I would need to trade-in for it.

[quote name='NeoRez']Does anyone know the value of a Ps2 trade-in after the double credit? I have a slim, and I'm not sure what else I would need to trade-in for it.[/QUOTE]
$20 base, so $40 after the promo.

So that list of 40 games have higher trade in values and if you are a PUR pro member you get another 50% on top of those values?

For example, say I trade in deadspace 2 xbox, which is on that list for $12, I would get $19.20 total? ($12 * 50% = $18 * 10% = $19.20?)

[quote name='frpilot']So that list of 40 games have higher trade in values and if you are a PUR pro member you get another 50% on top of those values?

For example, say I trade in deadspace 2 xbox, which is on that list for $12, I would get $19.20 total? ($12 * 50% = $18 * 10% = $19.20?)[/QUOTE]
The table alrdy shows the promo values for PUR members so theres no 50% on top of those values -- if you have PUR Pro then you get 10% extra based on the regular value

PUR members is regular price x 1.5 (which is alrdy shown on the table)
PUR Pro members is regular price x 1.6

Deadspace 2
Reg trade value = $8
PUR $8 x 1.5 = $12
PUR Pro $8 x 1.6 = $12.80

[quote name='cancerman1120']I guess the mods shut the 50% list thread down...weird considering they left the 100% hardware thread up...a little consistency would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Why would they shut down the thread? It is just a reposting of a deal being honored by GameStop. Am I missing something?

Just a head's up for anyone thinking of trading in their Nintendo 3DS consoles. Gamestop gives $50 dollars base-value. I traded mine in today and I ended up getting $100 dollars total for it. I will take it considering I never play it anymore and I was able to recoup 2/3 of what I paid for it brand new. :cool:

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Why would they shut down the thread? It is just a reposting of a deal being honored by GameStop. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
Just speculating, but it may be that the offer was not to be advertised until Oct 12 (as seen in the URL) even though it's live now. Maybe GS sent a C&D or a GS employee asked nicely to have it removed.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have 4 GS within 1 mile of each other...pretty much solves any issues with multiple copies.[/QUOTE]

I live 10 minutes from the Mall of America - there are two stores just in that mall alone :)

Sucks that there aren't any Vita games on the list i haven't really touched my system or the games i got from b2g1 walmart. Would have been nice to trade them in.

[quote name='JediKiller24']There is a 30% bonus on I-devices right now if you're willing to put it towards a pre order or purchase of select games (pretty much all the big upcoming titles are on the list) On the gamestop website, where it lists the trade deals, there is a banner that says 30% power trade on any item towards the preorder of select games, and when you click it, the next page specifically states ipods, iphones and ipads. The manager at my local store was skeptical of it working on i-devices, but I showed him the webapage from my phone, and he scanned a bar code in a book and I got the extra 30% when trading in my Iphone. I got $221 store credit for a 32g Iphone 4, and put it towards the Halo 4 console bundle.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. That'll knock the trade-in price of my old iPhone 3G up to over $60.

[quote name='JediKiller24']There is a 30% bonus on I-devices right now if you're willing to put it towards a pre order or purchase of select games (pretty much all the big upcoming titles are on the list) On the gamestop website, where it lists the trade deals, there is a banner that says 30% power trade on any item towards the preorder of select games, and when you click it, the next page specifically states ipods, iphones and ipads. The manager at my local store was skeptical of it working on i-devices, but I showed him the webapage from my phone, and he scanned a bar code in a book and I got the extra 30% when trading in my Iphone. I got $221 store credit for a 32g Iphone 4, and put it towards the Halo 4 console bundle.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Shame that I'm not too interested in any of the games that qualify for the 30% bump. I've got a Persona 4 Golden pre-order, but it's not included.

Plus I'm sure pre-ordering something you don't want and canceling it will get me a stern kick in the ass out of the store.

[quote name='klimb22']Just speculating, but it may be that the offer was not to be advertised until Oct 12 (as seen in the URL) even though it's live now. Maybe GS sent a C&D or a GS employee asked nicely to have it removed.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Still weird considering the community posts ENTIRE video game ads for the upcoming week. But like you said, it may be that someone asked for it be removed.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I guess the mods shut the 50% list thread down...weird considering they left the 100% hardware thread up...a little consistency would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Right.:roll: That IS very ODD.

Maybe the TC will see to it that the 50% bonus on SELECT games is added to the heading and the link is added to the OP as this is a time sensitive bonus until Oct 14. Seeing as how that thread got so many responses so fast, it's obvious that some people miss this thread unless the heading is eye-catching enough. And, this is a TRADE IN DEAL.

[quote name='klimb22']Just speculating, but it may be that the offer was not to be advertised until Oct 12 (as seen in the URL) even though it's live now. Maybe GS sent a C&D or a GS employee asked nicely to have it removed.[/QUOTE]

No. The deal is going on now.

All that's needed is a PowerUp Rewards card.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']

No. The deal is going on now.

All that's needed is a PowerUp Rewards card.[/QUOTE]
What? I said it was live, but maybe GS doesn't want anyone to know yet.

[quote name='klimb22']What? I said it was live, but maybe GS doesn't want anyone to know yet.[/QUOTE]

Oops! Sowwy! Lol. I think I forgot what I was supposed to type as a response. Rushing to do some things and having a blonde moment! Serenity now!!!!!!:whee:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Right.:roll: That IS very ODD.

Maybe the TC will see to it that the 50% bonus on SELECT games is added to the heading and the link is added to the OP as this is a time sensitive bonus until Oct 14. Seeing as how that thread got so many responses so fast, it's obvious that some people miss this thread unless the heading is eye-catching enough. And, this is a TRADE IN DEAL.

[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah, I didn't know about this myself until today. I'm digging through games to see what I have. Found a Pokemon Platinum in a drawer - that's going. I have HeartGold, too, but that is still worth more than GS is giving for it. Oh yeah, and I have Left 4 Dead 2... I even found a Mortal Kimbat vs DC Universe but I have the Collector's Edition so I'm hesitant to bring that in. I even found a sealed copy of Infamous 2. I honestly have no idea where I got that from as I sold my used copy when PS+ had it for free. Where I got a sealed one from is a complete mystery - such is the life of a CAG ;).

I'll try to add some stuff to the OP, though the title is pretty full of info right now.

OK, done. I had to remove the Power Trades part from the title. It can go back in when this ends.

Gamestop has officially lost my business with incompetent employees.

Was in gamestop arguing with the manager about moving my credit from COD Black Ops 2 (a game i was forced to pre-order) to God of War Ascension.

They were saying since the COD was a "Power-Trade" Title i couldn't move my credit.

"NO". I said. I didn't pay off COD with the Power trade promo. I used a 50% coupon i bought off power-up rewards good towards ANY pre-order. I traded in about $250 worth of goods a month ago (Check my post a month back) and they forced me to put all my money torwards pre-orders even after paying off in full 3 PS3 titles and 1 Vita title.

I show them my receipt for proof that i did not use the "Power Trade" Promo so it does not apply but the manager says it's still a "power trade title" so i can't move it. I'm like WTF? 50% and 30% promo doesn't stack so it's either one or the other. And of course i used the 50% using logic, and proof from the receipt. They still said no.

I don't see how they are giving me hassle over my ****ing money.

I told them before i left that they couldn't stop me legally. I'll just pick the game up and return it and get what i want.

It's crazy how you go through so much with this damn organization

[quote name='doc_j88']Gamestop has officially lost my business with incompetent employees.

Was in gamestop arguing with the manager about moving my credit from COD Black Ops 2 (a game i was forced to pre-order) to God of War Ascension.

They were saying since the COD was a "Power-Trade" Title i couldn't move my credit.

"NO". I said. I didn't pay off COD with the Power trade promo. I used a 50% coupon i bought off power-up rewards good towards ANY pre-order. I traded in about $250 worth of goods a month ago (Check my post a month back) and they forced me to put all my money torwards pre-orders even after paying off in full 3 PS3 titles and 1 Vita title.

I show them my receipt for proof that i did not use the "Power Trade" Promo so it does not apply but the manager says it's still a "power trade title" so i can't move it. I'm like WTF? 50% and 30% promo doesn't stack so it's either one or the other. And of course i used the 50% using logic, and proof from the receipt. They still said no.

I told them before i left that they couldn't stop me legally. I'll just pick the game up and return it and get what i want.

It's crazy how you go through so much with this damn organization[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a Jr. Detective employee. Maybe contact your District Manager or something? I've moved credit from Power Trade titles before and never had a problem.

[quote name='doc_j88']Gamestop has officially lost my business with incompetent employees.

It's crazy how you go through so much with this damn organization[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue with that coupon. They made me pre-order all $180 of my trade. My plan is to just pick the games up and then return them to a different store.

[quote name='io']Uh, yeah, I didn't know about this myself until today. I'm digging through games to see what I have. Found a Pokemon Platinum in a drawer - that's going. I have HeartGold, too, but that is still worth more than GS is giving for it. Oh yeah, and I have Left 4 Dead 2... I even found a Mortal Kimbat vs DC Universe but I have the Collector's Edition so I'm hesitant to bring that in. I even found a sealed copy of Infamous 2. I honestly have no idea where I got that from as I sold my used copy when PS+ had it for free. Where I got a sealed one from is a complete mystery - such is the life of a CAG ;).

I'll try to add some stuff to the OP, though the title is pretty full of info right now.

OK, done. I had to remove the Power Trades part from the title. It can go back in when this ends.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:D

Now, more people can get in on this deal!

I gained possession of my now former friend's 4gb after he defaulted on his loan. I'm planning to take advantage of this offer and trade it in. However, it's missing the A/V cable but I do have an HDMI cable. Will Gamestop still take the console or should I buy the A/V cables before trading it in?

So I know that the 2 for $40 worked with the 50% List since I traded 2 games (one that was on both lists and one that was only on the 2 for $40) and it gave me the best trade value. I am wondering if I traded 7 games with a mix of games from the 50% list with some not on the list would it give me 30% for those not on the list because of the tiered trade. Or will all the games have to be not from the 50% list to get the 30%. Trying to figure out the best way to maximize my trades for games like the Orange Box, Spider-man:SD and Dead Island GOTY.

I'm about to trade in 10 games tomorrow, 5 are on the 50% bonus list and 5 I'll be using the 30% bonus towards a preorder. Should I split the trade in or just do it all in 1 and hope that the computer picks the best bonus?

[quote name='jr1016']I'm about to trade in 10 games tomorrow, 5 are on the 50% bonus list and 5 I'll be using the 30% bonus towards a preorder. Should I split the trade in or just do it all in 1 and hope that the computer picks the best bonus?[/QUOTE]

Split up the trade.

[quote name='jr1016']I'm about to trade in 10 games tomorrow, 5 are on the 50% bonus list and 5 I'll be using the 30% bonus towards a preorder. Should I split the trade in or just do it all in 1 and hope that the computer picks the best bonus?[/QUOTE]

Definitely split the trade unless you like spending more time in GS.

So Friday I went in and traded in my Xbox 360 4GB Slim and a bunch of games with the +50% towards RE6/Pokemon Black/White 2 PUR coupon. I don't think I got credited the +50%. Here's what shows up on my receipt:

Left 4 Dead - 14.30
Bonus 2.20 Promo 13666
Bonus 1.10 Power Up Card 10%

Left 4 Dead 2 - 22.10
Bonus 3.40 Promo 13666
Bonus 1.70 PowerUp Card 10%

Halo 3 ODST -6.50
Bonus 1.00 Powerup 13666
Bonus .50 PowerUp Card 10%

Halo 3 -5.20
Bonus .80 Powerup 13666
Bonus .40 PowerUp Card 10%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 -19.50
Bonus 3.0 Promo 13666
Bonus 1.50 PowerUp Card 10%

Mario Kart Wii -15.60
Bonus 2.40 Promo 13666
Bonus 1.20 PowerUp Card 10%

That definitely isn't the value I should've gotten. What's promo 13666? Did the employee just not enter the coupon correctly? I guess tomorrow I should go talk to a manager.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You got the tiered trade in bonus. You did 5+ games so that's the 20% you're seeing.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I see now. I saw it obviously wasn't 50% but didn't understand how 20% came to be. So did the employee mess up or was this the register's fault? And will a manager to be able to override this? Kind of pissed if I just wasted 4000 PUR points for nothing. :(

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Thanks!:D

Now, more people can get in on this deal![/QUOTE]
It's now on the PUR dashboard.
[quote name='cancerman1120']So I know that the 2 for $40 worked with the 50% List since I traded 2 games (one that was on both lists and one that was only on the 2 for $40) and it gave me the best trade value. I am wondering if I traded 7 games with a mix of games from the 50% list with some not on the list would it give me 30% for those not on the list because of the tiered trade. Or will all the games have to be not from the 50% list to get the 30%. Trying to figure out the best way to maximize my trades for games like the Orange Box, Spider-man:SD and Dead Island GOTY.[/QUOTE]
I'd say it won't work only because I traded in 3 games (2 on the 50% list) and the 3rd did not get an extra 10%.
[quote name='DestinyHero']Ugh, I see now. I saw it obviously wasn't 50% but didn't understand how 20% came to be. So did the employee mess up or was this the register's fault? And will a manager to be able to override this? Kind of pissed if I just wasted 4000 PUR points for nothing. :([/QUOTE]
Check your PUR account. Is the coupon still there? Is there any mention of the coupon on your receipt?

[quote name='klimb22']It's now on the PUR dashboard.

I'd say it won't work only because I traded in 3 games (2 on the 50% list) and the 3rd did not get an extra 10%.

Check your PUR account. Is the coupon still there? Is there any mention of the coupon on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

The coupon is still there for me to reprint and stuff, no mention of it on my receipt. Guess I gotta go complain to a manager and have them fix this situation.

That sucks DestinyHero. It does answer my question though. Although it appears the tiered trade overrode the 50% trade unless the computer gave you the tiered since that was the overall best deal. Definitely going to try and keep promos apart now. More visits but better return.

[quote name='klimb22']I say it won't work only because I traded in 3 games (2 on the 50% list) and the 3rd did not get an extra10% [/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirmation. Maybe I will wait till Friday to see if my local gs does a 50% bonus like 2 weeks ago for those other games.

Gamestop employees don't make anyone do anything. You can ask him/her to tell you the base prices for each game/accessory/console and the total for each should be shown on the card scanner at the end. If you think you're not getting the best deal, stop the process, LOOK at what you're doing, then proceed.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Anyone know the value of a DSI unit? OP post is from July.[/QUOTE]

if no one answers you can call GS, they give quotes over the phone. (usually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back