Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base TIV from today:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time $18
:wii: DKCR $18
:ps3: Portal 2 $18
:360: Hunted $9
:ps3: LBP GOTY $9
:360: FO: NV $7
:360: Lego SW: OT $8
:360: Burnout Revenge $6
:360: Black Ops $22
:360: Kinect Sports $20
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12
:ps3: LA Noire $11
:360: Madden 11 $5

[quote name='cheeky']Base TIV from today:

:360: Black Ops $22
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've been wondering about the TIV for BO. Can't wait to trade in this POS. It's weird that Amazon's TIV for this game dropped so much in the past couple of weeks, hovering around $11-12.

[quote name='knight613']The $40 extra credit is just extra credit no matter what? Or do you have to buy new hardware in order to get it?[/QUOTE]

extra no matter what, as long as it's a trade in for store credit. However it's not valid on cash trades.

[quote name='CaseX']Thanks! I've been wondering about the TIV for BO. Can't wait to trade in this POS. It's weird that Amazon's TIV for this game dropped so much in the past couple of weeks, hovering around $11-12.[/QUOTE]

Why is it weird? We are closing in on a bunch of shooters coming out all at once in the next month. It's obvious no one will want to buy BLOPS once MW3 and BF3 comes out, let alone spend $30 on it.

[quote name='FreeskierInVT']Anyone have any more info about the 50% bonus promo? Is it just at stores near Best Buys like last time?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Why is it weird? We are closing in on a bunch of shooters coming out all at once in the next month. It's obvious no one will want to buy BLOPS once MW3 and BF3 comes out, let alone spend $30 on it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with your reasoning. It just seems odd to me cuz Amazon usually has higher TIVs (outside of GS's 30%/50% bonuses) and BO has been around $12 at AMZ for at least 2 weeks now while remaining unchanged at BB and GS. Typically values of games I track tend to move pretty much in lockstep across all three places.

Anyways, hoping my local GS has 50% bonus as it's near a BB....

Today's trade-in values:
:ps2:
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction $1.50
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtls 3 $1.50
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy II $1.50
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy $0.25
Jak II $0.25
Teen Titans $1.50
Capcom Classics Collection $1.50
WWE Crush Hour $0.75
X-Men Legends 2 $1.50
PSI-OPS the Mindgate Conspiracy $0.75
Parappa the Rapper 2 $1.00
Legend of Kay $0.50
Bully $3.00
Ford Racing 3 $0.25
Haunted Mansion $0.75
Robots $0.75

:psp:
The 3rd Birthday $9.00
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth $2.50
Crush $1.00

:gc:
Luigi's Mansion $4.00

:360:
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II $7.00

I traded in some games I hated a couple days ago.

PS3 FEAR 3 - $18.00
Xbox 360 Fable 2 Platinum Hits - $7.00

[quote name='Naramie']I traded in some games I hated a couple days ago.

PS3 FEAR 3 - $18.00
Xbox 360 Fable 2 Platinum Hits - $7.00[/QUOTE]
Fear 3 dropped its only $15 as of 9/9

9/10
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)- $14
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)- $10
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3)- $12
Killzone 3 (PS3)- $11

Called today and was told that current trade in deals will be extended.
Also quoted
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (360) - $12

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI Gamestop has Deus Ex on sale for $45 new/$40 used currently, so beware the base TIV on Deus Ex may have dropped.[/QUOTE]

I called this morning and it did drop, but only by a dollar.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360): $22

[quote name='nakanenui']Trade history is on a store by store basis. That is why if you lost your receipt the store you bought it at can look up the purchase going back 30 days (IIRC). You would have to be reported by a manager who requests from the main server (wherever its located) for your trade history, for someone to see your whole trade history. I found out one way by calling the number on the back of the edge card at the time, to see about a missing amount of money. In that case she said "damn you trade a lot" as she was able to go back 3 months and see all my flipping history. Luckily no ban from that. But like already stated, you can be banned by a particular store if you piss off the store manager, or even worse, your whole district if it makes it to the District Manager. If you make it to the DM you are fooked because some districts cover 100+ mile radius and in some cases can cover multiple states (NV and CA share a DM near the vegas/bordering area).[/QUOTE]Thanks very much for the extensive response.

Based on what you're saying, if I visit several different Gamestops over the course of several weeks and trade in 2 HDMI cables each time in an inconspicuous manner (i.e. I look like I had the cables lying around and wanted to trade them in), no employee should be able to see my activity? If the trade history is store-by-store, then there shouldn't be a problem if I trade in the cables at a store I don't really frequent, correct?

Going to see if any local GSes take cable trade-ins, if so I might be in for 1 or 2 trade-ins. Kinda curious about Starfox 3D's TIV, hoping someone posts it soon.

Went to 3 GameStops today around Burlington, VT. The only one that had the 50% bonus was around the corner from the Best Buy in Williston. The one downtown and at the UMall just had a 30% bonus promo.

Base values for Xbox 360:
Battlefield Bad Co. 2: $9.00
Dance Central: $20.00
Sims 3: $15.00
Child of Eden: $11.00

Got $88.00 after the 50% and 10% pro bonus.

Today's TIVs. All values listed match the OP unless otherwise specified.

360:
XBLA Triple Pack - Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man - $8
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $5 (Down from $5.50)
The Orange Box - $10 (Down from $12)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $9

PS3:
InFamous 2 - $25 ($40 from + 50% + PUR FTW) :applause:
L.A. Noire - $11 (Down from $19) :cry:

DS/3DS:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - $7
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - $9
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - $18

GC:
Mario Kart Double Dash - $6

Base from today:

:360: Madden NFL 11 $5
:360: Fallout NV $7
:360: Crysis 2 $12
:3ds: LoZ Ocarina $18
:gc:Super Mario Sunshine $4
:360: Halo Wars $11
Kinect $45 (does not get pur bonus, apparently)
HDMI Cable $5
PS3 Controller Wireless SixAxis $11
PSP Memory Duo 4 gb $7

[quote name='xBabax']Did you guys that traded in Gamecube games get the extra 50% trade in bonus, if the stores you went to had it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, my Mario Kart DD got the extra 50%.

[quote name='xBabax']Did you guys that traded in Gamecube games get the extra 50% trade in bonus, if the stores you went to had it?[/QUOTE]

I traded several GC games today and YES, I got the 50% bonus.

Traded in just one game yesterday (9/11), and it's holding at the value in the OP:

:360: Borderlands GotY: $10

I visited a local GS in the same shopping center as a Best Buy and I was able to get $16 credit after the 50% extra and PUR bonuses. :bouncy:

I was also able to trade in two HDMI cables for $5.50 each (after PUR).

[quote name='cheeky']Base from today:

:360: Madden NFL 11 $5
:360: Fallout NV $7
:360: Crysis 2 $12
:3ds: LoZ Ocarina $18
:gc:Super Mario Sunshine $4
:360: Halo Wars $11
Kinect $45 (does not get pur bonus, apparently)
HDMI Cable $5
PS3 Controller Wireless SixAxis $11
PSP Memory Duo 4 gb $7[/QUOTE]

Ugh, LoZ: Ocarina 3D's TIV is only $18? The board at a GS I went to today said $22, must not have been updated. I was actually planning to get Starfox for $20 by using the high TIV + 50% bonus, thank you for posting that. Also, damn I would have paid you $50 for your Kinect, lol.

Oh, while I was out picking up my 3DS I got my friend to give me the TIV for Starfox 3D.

:3ds: Starfox 3D $18

Yes, it's THAT pitiful that it's the same value of Ocarina 3D. No retailer aside from K-mart is showing much love for this game. Is it a conspiracy because one cart can be played on 4 3DS units in multiplayer? WHO KNOWS.

iPod nano 2nd Gen 2GB $20
iPod 5th Gen 30gb $35
iPhone 3GS 32GB for AT&T $140
iPhone 4 16GB CDMA for Verizon $150
iPad 1st Gen 32GB Wifi only $175
iPod Touch 2nd Gen 8GB $80

When trading I was told by my GameStop manager that color does not matter. I also tried to trade in a beat up iPod+HP but she wouldn't take it for the refurbished discount. So I'm not even sure they have refurbished TIVs for these yet. I know that can't have scratches or any personalization on them as well.

GS Base TIV's for 9/11/2011

:wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - $7.00
:wii: Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - $7.00
:ps3: Need for Speed: ProStreet - $4.00
:360: Dead Space - $7.00
:360: Fallout: New Vegas - $7.00

[quote name='dinovelvet']So is there no actual trade bonus right now? (Not including preorder/power trade stuff).[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop website shows that both the tiered trade (3 for 10%, 5 for 20% and 7 for 30%) as well as the console bonus (extra $40 for Wii/PS3/Xbox360 & $20 for hand helds) were extended until 10/02/11

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know how much Playstation Move Heroes trade in for?[/QUOTE]

$13 72 days ago. lol

I have a store still doing the 50% bonus. Would be funny if I could trade one back to them to make a profit. However I doubt it's enough to do that.

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know how much Playstation Move Heroes trade in for?[/QUOTE]

Can't be much considering they're selling it for $10 new right now.

I decided to ahead and take them up on the 70 for my 5G iPod classic. Turns out their book told them it was a 6G, so I ended up with $90. No 10% from my Powerup, but, shit, I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Can't be much considering they're selling it for $10 new right now.[/QUOTE]

Bloodstone was selling for $10 new with an $8 TiV. At the time they were running a 30% promo so $10.40 TiV. Also my closest store was running the 50% promo so $12 TiV.

Since on trade in GCs you aren't charged tax... You can do the math.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Man, i gotta see how much a 1st gen Ipod Touch 8Gig goes for tommorow. Might trade it in if its above 40$

[quote name='Survivalism']It's over a hundred. There's another thread for it somewhere on here. I paid $250 for mine five years ago, so $90, quite frankly, is kind of ridiculous.

Of course, these values won't last long if their iPod business really takes off.

Edit: I lied, apparently a first generation iPod touch is $75, which pushes my $90 from "kind of ridiculous" to "fucking ludicrous." Why would a touch be worth less?[/QUOTE]

75$? Seriously? That thing is going in there tommorow

Just called, guy told me 70$ for it. No Cables or Earbuds required.

Damn gamestop, thats quite generous considering how crappy your game values are without promo's. Totally gonna get Starfox 3D and a PSN Card :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back