Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been asked, but my 250 gb xbox slim disk tray got messed up and tried all the solutions offered. Do you know if you could trade them in this condition to gs? I need some advice on what to do. Repair seems a little to expensive.

[quote name='donut']This weeks steal of the week for powerup rewards/points

50% Extra Credit on Trades Toward Battlefield 3

puricon.png

I figure 3500 points = $3.50 (curious if others agree with this assessment)

So this coupon gets you 60% and yes you can trade in more than the actual cost of battlefield and receive the 60% on the entire trade (definitely max out the number of titles to maximize the one time use coupon)

WOW! you must buy/print the coupon today![/QUOTE]

no 3500 points = $35.00

Some TIVs from today, all XBOX 360 pre bonus:

Naughty Bear - $6.00
CSI Fatal Conspirac - $5
Deadly Premonition - $6
Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows 1 - $5
Lips #1 Hits - $7
Legend of the Guardians Owls of GaHool - $5
L.A. Noire - $6
You Don't Know Jack - $10
Scene It Bright Lights Big - $4
Marvel Super Heroes Infinity Gauntlet - $5
Skate 3 - $6
Madagascar Kartz - $5
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper - $6
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 - $8
Star Wars the Force Unleashed - $1.50
Saw - $6
Call of Duty Black Ops (newer w/ Maps) - $15
Karaoke Revolution - $5

That said had to argue with the guy over getting the $10 bonus for 3 instead of the 30% explaining it was better to do the $10...

[quote name='duckydan']That said had to argue with the guy over getting the $10 bonus for 3 instead of the 30% explaining it was better to do the $10...[/QUOTE]

I thought the computer is automatically supposed to give you the best promo available.

wow L.A. Noire is getting about $6 in trade in value, I wish I could just sit outside of a gamestop and buy all the games people are about to sell lol.

I tried offering some guy double what he was offered for something and the guy at gamestop told me it was illegal lol.

[quote name='TheRobReport']wow L.A. Noire is getting about $6 in trade in value, I wish I could just sit outside of a gamestop and buy all the games people are about to sell lol.

I tried offering some guy double what he was offered for something and the guy at gamestop told me it was illegal lol.[/QUOTE]

wow that guy is an idiot. Me and cousin were actually offered more money by another guy when we traded in some games awhile back. The employee looked like he could of cared less.

[quote name='TheRobReport']wow L.A. Noire is getting about $6 in trade in value, I wish I could just sit outside of a gamestop and buy all the games people are about to sell lol.

I tried offering some guy double what he was offered for something and the guy at gamestop told me it was illegal lol.[/QUOTE]

I would've been like "good call the cops"

TIVs 10/30/11

360:
Dead Space - $5
Splinter Cell: Conviction - $3
Gears of War 3 - $24
Batman: Arkham City - $27
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $14

Wii:
Super Paper Mario - $5

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've seen an unusually high number of traded Arkahm City's around here...what's up with that? Is it a short game or something?[/QUOTE]

I assume they are all trying to get rid of it now that the tiv is at its highest.

Some TIV's from this afternoon (10/30)

All 360:

Gears of War 2 - $3
Dark Souls Regular Edition - $23
Borderlands GOTY - $5
EDF 2017 - $5
Rage - $25
Deadly Premonition - $6
Burnout Revenge - $5
Viva Pinata Party Animals - $2
Saints Row 2 - $5

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've seen an unusually high number of traded Arkahm City's around here...what's up with that? Is it a short game or something?[/QUOTE]

The main story is shorter than AA, but there's a lot more side stuff.

[quote name='rey6eric']I assume they are all trying to get rid of it now that the tiv is at its highest.[/QUOTE]

It's also pretty short. The Riddler trophies and challenge rooms extend the game, but the story itself isn't all that long.

I beat Batman in about a week (single dad so my playing time is limited to about two hours a night). I did some of the side mission stuff but the main story line WAS over pretty quickly.

I bought it at K-Mart and got the 30 dollar credit...then beat it quickly enough to trade it in to Amazon for for almost 37 in credit. Twas like getting paid seven bucks to play and beat the game!!! :D

As far as the promo for the trade in games towards the pre-order of an upcoming game, can I use my game stop credit that i had for a few months, put it towards the pre-order and still get the 30% towards the pre-order ?

[quote name='dchrisd']Anybody know of a way to check the history of a game's trade in value??[/QUOTE]
Just look up the older threads. That's probably your best bet.

For the "trade in 3 for an extra $10" if you bring in 6 games, would you have to do two trade-ins or will it just go twice? Or will they let you do that at all?

Updated lists and database.

You would get $20 for trading in 6 games. There have been issues in the past with groups of 12 or more not getting the full promo.

Some values I inquired about for today. Some went to Gamestop while others went to Bestbuy.

:ps3:
Batman Arkham City $27

:360:
Mass Effect $6
Mass Effect 2 $5
Split Second $5
Plants vs. Zombies $7
Monopoly (not the Streets game. The other one that's like the board game) $10
Hasbro Family Game Night $9
Star Wars Force Unleashed $1.5

:wii:
Zumba $12
Just Dance 2 $14

[quote name='duckydan']Some TIVs from today, all XBOX 360 pre bonus:

Naughty Bear - $6.00
CSI Fatal Conspirac - $5
Deadly Premonition - $6
Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows 1 - $5
Lips #1 Hits - $7
Legend of the Guardians Owls of GaHool - $5
L.A. Noire - $6
You Don't Know Jack - $10
Scene It Bright Lights Big - $4
Marvel Super Heroes Infinity Gauntlet - $5
Skate 3 - $6
Madagascar Kartz - $5
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper - $6
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 - $8
Star Wars the Force Unleashed - $1.50
Saw - $6
Call of Duty Black Ops (newer w/ Maps) - $15
Karaoke Revolution - $5

That said had to argue with the guy over getting the $10 bonus for 3 instead of the 30% explaining it was better to do the $10...[/QUOTE]

With the 30% trade in you would have got $144.50. But doing it you way you would have got a extra $50 Which would have netted you $161.50. unless the group of 3 that you traded in(TFU being one of the 3) had +30% trade in you would have got $169.45. This all excluding the 10% PUR bonus

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I went to gamestop today to preorder 3 games and I paid them off, but no sales tax was added. Is this normal? I preordered games in the past from gamestop and there was sales tax.

[quote name='unknownthreat']Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I went to gamestop today to preorder 3 games and I paid them off, but no sales tax was added. Is this normal? I preordered games in the past from gamestop and there was sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Varies by state but here if you used credit then no tax. If you used cash then you will owe them the tax when you pick up the game. The computer doesn't add the tax for the employees so they have to do it manually.

[quote name='biledriver']Varies by state but here if you used credit then no tax. If you used cash then you will owe them the tax when you pick up the game. The computer doesn't add the tax for the employees so they have to do it manually.[/QUOTE]

I paid off the games using trade-in credit. Wow, that's good to know. Never knew or realized buying games with trade-in credit will remove the sales tax. I just hope I don't go there on release day and the guy says I owe him like 8 bucks

Thanks for the quick reply. :D

Called Gamestop on Sunday and I got the following values:

PS3 80GB with BC - $95
Fable 3 - $5
You Don't Know Jack (360) - $9
Dante's Inferno (360) - $5

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $4 (10/31/11)

Wii
Carnival Games - $4 (10/31/11)
Game Party - $2.50 (10/31/11)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $5 (10/31/11)
Toy Story 3 - $5 (10/31/11)

PS3
Medal of Honor - $5 (10/31/11)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some prices from today.

:ps3: Batman Arkham City- $26
:ps3: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY- $5
:ds: Picross 3D- $5

Got $49.60 for all 3 games, but I just wanted to rid myself of Batman. I really disliked Batman. So I put it towards Super Mario 3D Land.

PSP
GOW chains of olympus 4
FF Crisis Core 3
MGS portable ops 2.5 (down .5)

PS3
GOW collection: 8 (down 1)
Mortal Kombat: 16 (down 4 :( )
COD black ops: 14 (up 3? )

Wii
Madworld: 1.5
Wii Play: 1.5
Wii party: 10 (down 1)
Trauma Center New Blood: 3 (down 1 or 2?)
Trauma Team: 4 (down 2)
Just Dance 2: 14

The 5th highest TIV value on the board in the store was 18, and I think it was for a Kirby game. Just Dance 3 had a TIV of 20 if I remember right. It was 4th on the list.

So when I was in Gamestop today they had a flier which said their program of $30 TIV guaranteed is extended to 7 games total. It's just like the others in that they're $25 base and then you get either a $5 promo bump to $30 or if you're getting a x% bump that would take it over $30 you get that instead.

Games and expiration dates:
Gears 3- Nov. 19
Battlefield 3- Dec. 24
Uncharted 3- Dec. 31
AC: Revelations- Jan. 4
Modern Warfare 3- Jan. 7
Skyrim- Jan. 10
Zelda: SS- Jan. 19

Also in the fine print it said if the game new is not priced at $59.99 (or $49.99 for Zelda) then the offer is not valid. The only game that will probably be an issue for is AC in late Dec./early Jan.

Any idea what an original BC 60GB PS3 would trade in for? I know they are doing the extra $25 for like 2 more days, but what's the base price?

[quote name='dhs odium']Any idea what an original BC 60GB PS3 would trade in for? I know they are doing the extra $25 for like 2 more days, but what's the base price?[/QUOTE]

Read the Op or call and let us all know!

11/3 with power up cards

xbox jasper with wireless controller 85
120 gb 6.60
viva pinata (Xbox 360) 2.20
skate (PS3) .55
madden 10 (PS3) 1.10
nba 2k10 (PS3) 1.10
Yakuza 3 (PS3) 8.84
Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) 6.62
Sims 3 (Xbox 360) 12.12
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) 12.14
Master of the monster lairs (DS) 1.10
Super Dodgeball Brawlers (DS) 1.10
Mario Party (DS) 15.44
Yoshi Island (DS) 17.64
DS System Lite 35

Does anyone know if i trade in my xbox with the wireless control does it metter if i have the battery pack? i have a plug and play battery that I don't want to give them, so can i just trade it in without a back?

also does it matter if it's a jasper unit or not? mine's a launch 360 without the hdmi, will i still get the 60 + 25 (hardware bonus promo)

[quote name='Vanacloud']Its 30 if you get that piece of paper[/QUOTE]

No it would show up like this on the receipt

Uncharted 3- $27.00
Promo #XXX- $3.00

Unless he traded it with one of the power trades, then the promo credit would have been $8.10 (30% extra from $27.)

[quote name='LoWeT']Does anyone know if i trade in my xbox with the wireless control does it metter if i have the battery pack? i have a plug and play battery that I don't want to give them, so can i just trade it in without a back?

also does it matter if it's a jasper unit or not? mine's a launch 360 without the hdmi, will i still get the 60 + 25 (hardware bonus promo)[/QUOTE]

You need either the rechargeable battery pack and cable, or you need the cover that holds normal AA batteries.

You get the same amount for ANY old style 360 as long as it works properly.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You need either the rechargeable battery pack and cable, or you need the cover that holds normal AA batteries.

You get the same amount for ANY old style 360 as long as it works properly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, i guess ill find out if they accept a black cover on a white control, because i found my black one haha.

Just received an email from GameStop:
"Get 50% extra in-store credit on trades toward pre-owned products from 11/6 to 11/12"

Early access for PUR members on 11/5!

[quote name='cheapfrag']Just received an email from GameStop:
"Get 50% extra in-store credit on trades toward pre-owned products from 11/6 to 11/12"

Early access for PUR members on 11/5![/QUOTE]

yea I got the same email. Got a few games I want to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back