Old thread: New one linked in first and last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9443692

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Various)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30trade.jpg

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new game only. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Soul Calibur V (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/5/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), SSX (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Max Payne 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 2/19/12), Mass Effect 3 (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Street Fighter X Tekken (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (offer valid: 1/23/12 - 3/11/12). See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$30 Guaranteed Trade-In Value (3/1/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']
620x225_30guarantee2.jpg

Offer valid toward the following titles: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (offer valid: 1/31/12 - 3/1/12), Twisted Metal (offer valid: 2/14/12 - 3/13/12). $30 value is net after trade. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid only while new titles are priced at $59.99 (PS3, Xbox 360). Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
[/QUOTE]

Trade 3 get $10 (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

$40 Hardware Bonus 360/PS3, $20/Wii (Ends 3/11/12)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $40 in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded, Get an extra $20 in-store credit when you trade any Wii.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

PS Vita Handheld Trade Up Offer (Ends 2/20/12)

[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra $25 in-store credit when you trade your old hand held system toward the purchase of a new PS Vita.

Offer valid only toward DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000 or PSP Go. Full trade value must be applied toward the pre-order/purchase of a new PS Vita. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.
5.gif

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
TiVs 3/1

X360
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $3.00
Borderlands - $5.00

Wii
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - $6.00
Monsters vs Aliens - $2.50
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - $5.00

PS3
Demon's Souls - $6.00
NCAA Basketball 09 - $0.05
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $4.00
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - $0.50
Tomb Raider Underworld - $4.00

DS
7 Wonders of the Ancient World - $3.50
Crash: Mind over Mutant - $6.00
Jewel Quest Expedition - $2.00
Lego Indiana Jones - $2.50
Lego Indiana Jones II - $5.00
Monster House - $2.50
MySims Agents - $2.00
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis - $2.25
Tony Hawk's American Skateland - $2.00
Touchmaster - $1.00

PSP
Burnout Legends - $2.50
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles - $3.00
Fight Night Round 3 - $2.25
Final Fantasy Tactics - $2.00
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - $1.25
MLB 09: The Show - $1.50
Sims 2 - $2.00
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - $2.25

Base TIV from 2/24/12

:360:
Bulletstorm - $2
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $9
Portal 2 - $10

:ps3:
Resident Evil 5 Gold edition - $5

:3ds:
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D - $7

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus - $2.25

:gc:
Super Mario Sunshine - $3

Base values 3/1

:360:
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 - $25.00
Dead or Alive 4 - $2.50
Dead Space - $5.00
Enslaved - $2.00
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $5.00
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - $6.00
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - $9.00
Tales of Vesperia - $11.00

:ps3:
Def Jam Rapstar - $2.00
Gran Turismo 5 - $12.00
Heavy Rain - $7.00
Jak & Daxter Collection - $15.00
Killzone 2 - $1.50
Resistance 2 - $2.00
The Shoot - $3.00
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $5.00

Question, does anybody know if you can just trade in the battlefield 3 single player/coop disc. Not expecting full value but something

[quote name='Lemmiwinks531']Just got back from trading in a bunch of stuff. Here are the base TIVs I got:

Xbox 360:
Core System w/ Wireless Controller $50
120 GB Hard Drive $6
Wired Headset $3
Live Vision Camera $2
Wireless G Network Adapter $15
Bioshock $1.25
Dead Rising $.75
Halo 3 $.50
Far Cry Instincts Predator $1.25
Madden 08 $.10
Rockstar Presents Table Tennis $.40
Madden 07 $.10
The Bigs $1.25
MLB 2K7 $.20
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent $.75
Ridge Racer 6 $.75
NHL 2K6 $.10
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion $4
NBA Live 07 $.10
Orange Box $6
Tales of Vesperia $11
Test Drive Unlimited $2.50
Viva Pinata $1.50
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $8
Mass Effect $4
Call of Juarez $2
Phantasy Star Universe $4
Burnout Revenge $4
Tiger Woods 09 $1.50
Burnout Paradise $4
Eternal Sonata $4

DS:
DS Lite System $30 (a $10 increase, I think!)
Wifi Adapter $3
Feel the Magic $.20
Cooking Mama $2.50
Rayman DS $1.75
Bubble Bobble Revolution $.75
Metroid Prime Pinball $2
Clubhouse Games $3
Tetris DS $11
New Super Mario Bros $12
Brain Age $.75
Ridge Racer $2.25
Polarium $.20
Pac Pix $1.50
Tiger Woods 05 $.40
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 $6
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis $11
Star Fox Command $.75
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue $4
Sonic Rush $3
Trauma Center: Under the Knife $.75
Trace Memory $.40
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney $2.50
Contact $1
Advance Wars Dual Strike $1.50
Worms Open Warfare $.75
Meteos $.50
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits $.40[/QUOTE]

did u get trade 3 for $10 for games that were like 1.25 or 1.50? can they make exceptions...

[quote name='AbramJ23']Question, does anybody know if you can just trade in the battlefield 3 single player/coop disc. Not expecting full value but something[/QUOTE]

360 version requires both CDs to trade in BF3.

All values are base:

Folklore (PS3) 4.00
Velvet Assassin (Xbox360) 1.25
Marvel v. Capcom 3 (PS3) 6.00
Assassin's Creed (PS3) 2.00
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3) 4.00
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time (PS3) 6.00
Fable 2: Platinum Hits (Xbox360) 5.00
Alpha Protocol (Xbox360) 2.00

[quote name='advanced']Batman Arkham City - 360 - 23
Yesterday, 3/2/12

Got my copy in before the flood that will inevitably happen starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Did the same for a PS3 version. $23

Might trade in one more and finish paying off Mass Effect 3 or even get SSX. Idiot put me down for Max Payne 3, so I have no problem cancelling the preorder.

[quote name='style_unseen']Base Values
:360: Bullestorm $2
:ps3: Mass Effect 2 $4.50
:ps3: Rage $7

After 3 for $10 bonus and 10% edge, $24.87 total.[/QUOTE]

thanks for reporting. Bulletstorm is so weak that it's not worth the trade in effort by the looks of it now. I imagine ME2 for the Xbox is worth even less than the PS3 version.

[quote name='style_unseen']Base Values
:360: Bullestorm $2

After 3 for $10 bonus and 10% edge, $24.87 total.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='style_unseen']Base Value 03/03
:360: Mass Effect 2 $8 :hot:

Sad that the lady at best buy cut my coupons in my gamer mag out. :([/QUOTE]
When back for seconds? Did anyone report the TIV for :360: Rage today? Tracker shows $7 73 days ago. What about :ps3: Bullestorm?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='style_unseen']Base Value 03/03
:360: Mass Effect 2 $8 :hot:

Sad that the lady at best buy cut my coupons in my gamer mag out. :([/QUOTE]

Well that sure is surprising. Thanks for reporting style.

[quote name='klimb22']When back for seconds? Did anyone report the TIV for :360: Rage today? Tracker shows $7 73 days ago. What about :ps3: Bullestorm?[/QUOTE]

Your wish is my command...

Base values 3/3/12:

360:
Rage - Still $7
Assassin's Creed 2 - $3
Dead to Rights Ret. - $5

PS3:
Wolfenstein - $3
Eternal Sonata - $6
Ghostbusters - $4
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $10
Motorstory: Apocalypse - $14
EDF Insect Armageddon - $5
El Shaddai - $5
Batman Arkham City - $23 :)
Dirt 3 - $8

Got $143 after PUR and Trade 3 for $10.

Don't be surprised to see the used price of ME 2 go up for the next few weeks, hence why the TIV increased. This generally always happens with the previous game when a sequel is coming out.

gamestop get ready for the 4 copies of batman ac i'm bringing you tomorrow morning

4 copies from bestbuy for total of 45

will trade to gamestop for base 92 $ after the bonus 30% for money down on a game and my 10% pur bonus i will walk out of there with 128 in gamestop credit

[quote name='darkvulture']gamestop get ready for the 4 copies of batman ac i'm bringing you tomorrow morning

will trade to gamestop for base 92 $ after the bonus 30% for money down on a game and my 10% pur bonus i will walk out of there with 128 in gamestop credit[/QUOTE]

True that.

Nothing like paying $20-$25 for ME3 on release day.

[quote name='darkvulture']gamestop get ready for the 4 copies of batman ac i'm bringing you tomorrow morning

will trade to gamestop for base 92 $ after the bonus 30% for money down on a game and my 10% pur bonus i will walk out of there with 128 in gamestop credit[/QUOTE]

You read my mind. Only differince is that I'm also tossing in uncharted golden abyss and a copy of rage for good measure :)

how can you get 4 copies for 45? unless you have 3 subs, your math seems off.

[quote name='traxstar']how many copies of the same game are we allowed to trade in? is it 3 of the same for each system or unlimited?[/QUOTE]
You can possibly trade 2 in at once, but sometimes they require that you come back the next day. If you have a reciept for all the games though they may allow you trade in all 3+ because it "proves" they aren't stolen.

[quote name='traxstar']how many copies of the same game are we allowed to trade in? is it 3 of the same for each system or unlimited?[/QUOTE]

2 of the same game/system.

thanks guys guess i should go get 4 ac
oh and could i keep goin back everyday and trading in 4 or do you go in there system and it remembers what youve traded?

Stores may have their own rules but as far as I know it's always been only 1 platform version of each title (i.e. 1 PS3/1Xbox at one time).

[quote name='coolrust']how can you get 4 copies for 45? unless you have 3 subs, your math seems off.[/QUOTE]

ok simple math

got one mag in the mail free ...will buy 3 at the store for a total of 18$

with my 4 20$ batman ac coupons it will bring the total of the games down to 45 total

got 60 credit left at bestbuy so got to do something with it

I purchased a Vita yesterday and traded in a PSP 1000, PSP 3000, and DS Lite. The extra trade-in credit of $25 is applied to each system traded in. Trade in values (after the credit) were:
- PSP 1000: $45
- PSP 3000: $55
- DS Lite: $55

[quote name='darkvulture']ok simple math

got one mag in the mail free ...will buy 3 at the store for a total of 18$

with my 4 20$ batman ac coupons it will bring the total of the games down to 45 total

got 60 credit left at bestbuy so got to do something with it[/QUOTE]

Sounds like $10x4 batmans, plus $18 for the magazine. Total is $58 plus tax.

[quote name='ironmenpb']Stores aren't open yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']Just called :360: 23!!![/QUOTE]

At the time, I was referring to any east coast CAGs. But by later on I meant it to anyone that could check.

Thanks bgame.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did the Batman:AC TIV hold today?[/QUOTE]

Yes $23 for both systems.
Rage is still $7 for both systems.
Mass effect 2 is $8 for Xbox 360

Base prices:

PS3
Batman AC $23
Bulletstorm $3 (Ended up losing $2 after buying from BB, didn't care with how much I made)

Rage $7
Batman AC $23

Wii Launch System $40 (plus $20 bonus)
Wii Remote $4
Wii MP $7
Classic Controller $4.50
Gamecube Controller $2
Nunchuck $2.50
Nyko Charge Station $2
Racing Wheel $.50
LAN adapter $3
Gamecube Mem. Card $.75
Component Cable (Wii/PS3/360) $4.25

[quote name='Japakneez']Sounds like $10x4 batmans, plus $18 for the magazine. Total is $58 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

$62 and some change ...did it this morning

had 63 on a gift card left over from other trades i did in past year

and got 131 from gamestop for the 4 batman ac after bonuses

lol damn my lazyness is getting the best of me. I have the newest mag already and can easy turn my BestBuy credit into almost 4 times the amount at gamestop....but yet I still find it hard to get motivated on a Sunday with 60 hours work week lol

Took in batman(both systems) rage bulletstorm and 2 mass effects(360).

Out of town so I couldn't use the 30% towards a game. So I went for the trade 3 get the extra $10

Employee didn't allow me to trade in the ME2 since they are for the same system . ;(. So I just traded both batmans and one ME2. $69 plus change. Gonna try another GameStop to trade in the other games plus ME2.

For some reason the 30% bonus for ME3 preorder wasnt working for me. I checked his monitor and it was giving me a different promo which i think was the 3 for $10.

The employee said the old preorder sku was removed yesterday? So i had to put it down against SF vs Tekken which he still said worked. Go figure. He said i could cancel it and move it towards ME3 when i came to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back