Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, New Thread Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10499328

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

$50 Extra In-store Credit, Select Systems
(3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

50% Extra In-store Credit on all Games Traded (3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)​
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx​

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DealSeeker2U']I doubt it. It's linked to your account so one coupon per use. If you have a lot of points then you can get more than one coupon and use it more than once that way. Otherwise no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured as much. The verbiage made it sound somewhat different (at least to me).

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Yeah, I figured as much. The verbiage made it sound somewhat different (at least to me).[/QUOTE]
Got ya!

It sucks that you have to use points to get it but the good thing is that games like dishonored should have their tiv bumped back up now that the recent 50% promo is over. With this coupon you can probibly get around 30$ for dishonored. Im gonna rack up ton of games and flip them with this coupon by the 23'rd

[quote name='strait edge follower']It sucks that you have to use points to get it but the good thing is that games like dishonored should have their tiv bumped back up now that the recent 50% promo is over. With this coupon you can probibly get around 30$ for dishonored. Im gonna rack up ton of games and flip them with this coupon by the 23'rd[/QUOTE]
That's the plan, especially if their are b2g1 deals at competitors (BB, TRU, etc) in that time frame making this even sweeter.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']That's the plan, especially if their are b2g1 deals at competitors (BB, TRU, etc) in that time frame making this even sweeter.[/QUOTE]

That blockbuster 50% off used games 19.99 and under deal runs past the 23rd also. Im taking advantage of that

[quote name='Confidance']Best buy is better for uncharted because you would get 18 for them after the 50% bonus.
Infamous is better for Gamestop trade, but by a slim margin

And to everyone salivating over the extra 50 trade for the systems, the Xbox 360 old model will receive a permanent price drop in the morning. Expect a tiv base drop as well[/QUOTE]

I thought the sale price on old style 360's was going up $10? I was told they were going to $139.99 for old 360 w/wireless controller?

So games between $2.00 and $6.50 are better with the Trade 3 get $10 instead of the 50% bonus. Need to see if I have anything worth trading in that range.

"120 GB Slim PS3 - $985 (11/23/12)"

:lol:

So there isnt any trade difference for the PS3 slim and the super slim is there?

TIV - 12/2/12

PS3
-Metal Gear Solid 4 = $2.00

Wii
-Dead Space: Extraction = $2.50

-Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations = $9.00
-Sniper Elite v2 = $7.50
-Dead Island GOTY = $10.00
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow = $5.00
-NCAA Football 2011 = $1.50
-Shadows of the Damned = $5.00
-The Saboteur = $1.50

-Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (blue chrome) = $18.00

[quote name='iduncurr']"120 GB Slim PS3 - $985 (11/23/12)"

:lol:

So there isnt any trade difference for the PS3 slim and the super slim is there?[/QUOTE]

You got $985 for your ps3?

These deals are the best for cheapasses like me that refuse to buy any games over $20.

12/4 TIVs PS3:

Grand Slam Tennis: $5 (if you bought this on BF at BB, small profit :))
Resident Evil 5: $3.50
Fallout New Vegas: $2.

[quote name='labrat34']I had transactions at gamestop on saturday and sunday. My powerup reward site has updated with the regular point, but not with the promised triple points. I was planning to wait another day or 2 before emailing customer service about it.[/QUOTE]
I called today and the rep stated that the points will post in 5 business days. We'll see. At least they knew what promotion I was talking about.

Is there a nintendo wii and ds promo going on right now? I thought I heard something about 10 percent off if you buy 2 games and then 20 percent off if you buy 4 games? Is that true? If it is,is that online only or in stores also?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Is there a nintendo wii and ds promo going on right now? I thought I heard something about 10 percent off if you buy 2 games and then 20 percent off if you buy 4 games? Is that true? If it is,is that online only or in stores also?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that there this DS promotion going (as of yesterday 12/5)

[quote name='No.']$10 bonus for 3 games $2+ started today. Not bad if you have cheaper games to dispose of.[/quote]

And it looks like this promo applied to any games - not just 360/PS3 for example. At least it doesn't mention any restrictions on the site. Now to figure out what I can trade...

Not sure if its been said in here but 2 things

1) Stores I went to today had a sign that said 30% trade in bonus when you trade games toward any new WIi U game

2) I got an e-mail from Gamestop that stated 50% bonus trade in toward any pre-owned item. Says it will go from 12/7/12 to 12/15/12.

Anybody else get that email right now with the guaranteed trade in values? Gonna be making out like a bandit lol. I'd post it but I'm in bed on my phone

Did the 3 game 10 dollar promo to get hitman absolution

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (PS3) - 5.00

Splinter Cell Conviction (360) - 2.00

Saints Row 2 (360) - 4.00

HDMI cable - 4.00

With the PUR card and the bonus I got 27.70 total

[quote name='therealdanhill']http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues?var=LpsbSM+VdYcjLTuhOYUwyA== edit ninja d[/QUOTE]

Thanks might fly through Hitman then bring it back for cost basically

[quote name='dgwillia006']Holy shit at some of those values, just saw a ton of those games at Blockbuster too[/QUOTE]

Might have to make a trip tomorrow.

Edit: Hitman Blood Money $20 fuck

Crap I just traded my portal 2 for $16 and now it would get $22.

The Sly Collection $25 double fuck

So it is like the October promos, awesome. Just wish the list showed the base, so you could calculate the PUR bonus. Some nice TIVs in there although Halo seems a little low to me.

Wow quite a few of those are some good values. Sucks I just traded in a bunch of Forza and Dance Central. Could have gotten an extra $30+ if I had waited for this.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Might have to make a trip tomorrow.

Edit: Hitman Blood Money $20 fuck

Crap I just traded my portal 2 for $16 and now it would get $22.

The Sly Collection $25 double fuck[/QUOTE]

Portal 2 x2, Sly Collection x3, Forza x2, and Kinect Sports Ultimate x3 during 50% = me crying right now

[quote name='panda911']So it is like the October promos, awesome. Just wish the list showed the base, so you could calculate the PUR bonus. Some nice TIVs in there although Halo seems a little low to me.[/QUOTE]

I think those are the base values.

I am pretty much dumping most of my Black Friday purchases. 100%+ on some of these is just too good and my backlog says go for it.

[quote name='ritchardf']Is this through email only, or will it eventually show on the pur site?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I got the email also with this link. Even though it says till Dec 16th on the list it is definitely a good idea to hit these sooner than later.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think those are the base values.

I am pretty much dumping most of my Black Friday purchases. 100%+ on some of these is just too good and my backlog says go for it.[/QUOTE]

^^^this. Shit half are still sealed and I'm hitting more than 100% on the majority. Looks like my songbird CE and DC Injustice CEs are paid off.

Now to make one last blockbuster run and look for a few of these....

[quote name='dinovelvet']Got the email too, some great values here. Do they also give 10% on top of these values for PUR members?[/QUOTE]

yes

Ho. Lee. Crap. $35 for Forza Horizon?! I simply cannot justify keeping my $15 copy with that profit margin. I also ordered another copy of Sly Collection from Newegg, and I'll trade in the $10 copy I got from Amazon. $20 for AC: Liberation sounds good enough for me to trade in the copy I got with the $179.99 Vita bundle.

There's a couple others on that list that I'm considering trading in: Just Cause 2, Killzone Trilogy (never played any of them, so maybe I should keep it considering I'd get only $5 profit--I originally got it for $20 during that PUR deal), maybe Black Ops 2 (though I want to get the other endings...but will it be cheap enough later on to warrant trading it in for $40+ now?), possibly AC3 (haven't even opened my BBY copy)? I'll be keeping an eye out on Gamefly sales in the coming days, that's for sure. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back