Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, New Thread Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10499328

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

$50 Extra In-store Credit, Select Systems
(3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

50% Extra In-store Credit on all Games Traded (3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)​
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx​

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
so torn , cag need your help. best buy graciously helped me reorder dead island goty since my order got cancelled 3 times and i was never offered a gift card as well....ive been watngint to play this game, its a great deal.

i have a huge backlog, i do like zombies, but not sure if this game is great. ive heard mixed things...i would definitely love to jump at the chance of trading it in for 20 bucks gs credit. what do you guys think?

[quote name='paayter']so torn , cag need your help. best buy graciously helped me reorder dead island goty since my order got cancelled 3 times and i was never offered a gift card as well....ive been watngint to play this game, its a great deal.

i have a huge backlog, i do like zombies, but not sure if this game is great. ive heard mixed things...i would definitely love to jump at the chance of trading it in for 20 bucks gs credit. what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I'd say go for it, it took me awhile to get into Dead Island but eventually it got really ridiculously fun!

Traded in Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3, and a (broken down) Wii system towards Far Cry 3 today and got $112 for them! Used the rest towards Mass Effect trilogy and only had to kick in $15 cash. Gotta love the trade offers and PUR bonus!

[quote name='paayter']so torn , cag need your help. best buy graciously helped me reorder dead island goty since my order got cancelled 3 times and i was never offered a gift card as well....ive been watngint to play this game, its a great deal.

i have a huge backlog, i do like zombies, but not sure if this game is great. ive heard mixed things...i would definitely love to jump at the chance of trading it in for 20 bucks gs credit. what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Trade it brother...riptide is coming out soon anyway

[quote name='doc_j88']Trade it brother...riptide is coming out soon anyway[/QUOTE]

can u expand? telling me riptide is coming out is not great advice...as riptide and dead island are still two different games. thats like telling me to trade in fall out 3 because new vegas is coming out.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Hmm I traded in some games for a $50 PSN network card, I did not scratch it off yet. Could I exchange it? I actually would rather put the credit toward a Kindle.[/QUOTE]

Your out of luck on this one. The only thing i can think of is try and sale it on Cag, EBay, or Craigslist

trade it

[quote name='paayter']can u expand? telling me riptide is coming out is not great advice...as riptide and dead island are still two different games. thats like telling me to trade in fall out 3 because new vegas is coming out.[/QUOTE]Actually, no--Riptide is a direct sequel, while FO3 and FO:NV are unrelated.

[quote name='paayter']can u expand? telling me riptide is coming out is not great advice...as riptide and dead island are still two different games. thats like telling me to trade in fall out 3 because new vegas is coming out.[/QUOTE]

You have some time to try out the game to see if you like it. If not, trade it in. You have until 12/16.

[quote name='paayter']can u expand? telling me riptide is coming out is not great advice...as riptide and dead island are still two different games. thats like telling me to trade in fall out 3 because new vegas is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Personally speaking i couldn't get into Dead Island. Very buggy and Co-Op always glitched.

Riptide while being a different title is still a sequel to Dead Island which will undoubtly have the same Zombie Survival motif which i hope bugs and glitches in the previous release will be patched and the game have a considerable amount of polish.

Also its only $49.99 when it comes out.

You have until the end of the week so try DI:GOTY and if you beat it or don't like it within that time frame trade it in for this trade-in value which will probably never come around again.

If you're trading in a 360 and an extra controller and neither controller have the battery pack part, do they hit you with a refurb fee?

[quote name='Vigilante']Actually, no--Riptide is a direct sequel, while FO3 and FO:NV are unrelated.[/QUOTE]

im juss tryin to state the fact that just because a newer game is coming out does not warrant playing a predecesor

[quote name='unforeseen']You have some time to try out the game to see if you like it. If not, trade it in. You have until 12/16.[/QUOTE]

true, just worried about that whole gamestop has the right to change or cancel promos. and i know a bunch of people are prob trading this one in..so itmight get axed. ill pop it in tommoorow and have a looksee, thanks.

[quote name='doc_j88']Personally speaking i couldn't get into Dead Island. Very buggy and Co-Op always glitched.

Riptide while being a different title is still a sequel to Dead Island which will undoubtly have the same Zombie Survival motif which i hope bugs and glitches in the previous release will be patched and the game have a considerable amount of polish.

Also its only $49.99 when it comes out.

You have until the end of the week so try DI:GOTY and if you beat it or don't like it within that time frame trade it in for this trade-in value which will probably never come around again.[/QUOTE]

thx for that, HATE glitchy games...will judge for myself thanks again.

[quote name='Blackout']If you're trading in a 360 and an extra controller and neither controller have the battery pack part, do they hit you with a refurb fee?[/QUOTE]

yes, in fact ive heard they will consider it trading in a wired controller, chopping the value down about fifteen bucks of the 360.

Hey. Noticed on the GS trade-in deals page an offer to both save $20 and get 30% extra trade-in credit when trading towards a new copy Hitman:Absolution. Would this be an extra $20 off the already $40 sale price?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Hey. Noticed on the GS trade-in deals page an offer to both save $20 and get 30% extra trade-in credit when trading towards a new copy Hitman:Absolution. Would this be an extra $20 off the already $40 sale price?[/QUOTE]I doubt it, but it's an interesting question--nowhere does it say the $20 is taken off $59.99 (but similarly, it doesn't mention $39.99, either).

12/8/12 base value(adjusted)

PS3 Portal 2 $10.00(21.00)
PS3 Assassin's Creed $4.00(15.40)
360 Namco Museum Virtual Arcade $6.00(15.60)

$15 for the first AC? Madness.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Hey. Noticed on the GS trade-in deals page an offer to both save $20 and get 30% extra trade-in credit when trading towards a new copy Hitman:Absolution. Would this be an extra $20 off the already $40 sale price?[/QUOTE]

$59.99-20=$39.99. So your answer is no.

[quote name='aircobra']$59.99-20=$39.99. So your answer is no.[/QUOTE]My guess is he asked because this offer is brand-new but Hitman: Absolution has been $39.99 for the past few days.

However, now I'm thinking the only "new" aspect about that offer is the 30% extra credit. :\

[quote name='marioman']Will the trade 3 get 10 extra stack with these bonuses?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so, I traded in 3 games off of the list and i didn't get $10 bonus.

[quote name='sbaker44']Phone Quote:

Both 360:

Dishonored $16
Dance Central 2 $11

When does the 50% bonus towards used end? I didn't see it in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Only GS near a BB I believe. It only lasts for a weekend and is off and on. So it ended today.

Base TIV 12/9/12

:ps3:
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - $17

:360:
Dead Island GOTY - $10

After bonuses from the promotion got $52.70 (profit on both games) and picked up a new copy of NFS:MW 360 on sale for $39.99 this week. Finally can play this awesome game with my speed wheel.

[quote name='klimb22']Were the points that showed up actually from the promotion or just a Customer Support credit? If the latter you may end up getting both. I called earlier this week and they told me it would take 5 business days after the transaction. So we'll see after today.[/QUOTE]
I guess the PUR folks were being truthful about the bonus points showing up after 5 business days. I pulled up my account when I was about to call them and saw I had over 32K points. Card activity shows the transactions adjusted with the triple points. 7700 points for the Wii U return/rebuy on Dec 1 and 11550 points for the Wii U return/rebuy on Dec 2. I did this twice because the Dec 1 transaction posted and zeroed out. I thought it was because it was done on the same receipt. I returned on Dec 2 to do it on 2 separate transactions. I wasn't aware of the 5 business day wait at the time. Another return/rebuy with a $25 off PUR coupon? Hmmmm...

lol... check that. in past hour, the points from last weekend tripled! apparently customer service didnt know that the wait was going to be this long either

[quote name='Barry Burton']somehow 2300 points were deducted from my power up rewards card[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. My 2400 points from a 3 game trade in 2 days ago are gone and listed as a "points processing error".

I'm not sure if I should e-mail customer service or wait it out a few days, I'm concerned that if I make a purchase before they fix it then it might screw it up further.

update: Well, now they seem to have given me the 2400 points back as it is now reflected in my total, but the activity menu says they only gave me 1300. Strange things going on with these cards right now!

I got a response from CS when I emailed about my missing points. They claimed that they were erroneously adding double points since back in October.

Something about how it used to be a yearly promotion but they replaced it with the B2G1 coupon.

[quote name='Deader2818']50% bonus trade in goes on till the 15th. Its store wide not just near BB.[/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't see it on their trade in page

Yeah, they told me it was an error oct 17th. They said it was replaced with a Birthday coupon instead of double points but I e-mailed them back that I never did get a birthday coupon (i didn't) so hopefully they will fix that.

12/09/12
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - $10
MLB 12: The Show (Vita) - $5
Assassin's Creed Revelations (360) - $7.40

12/10/12
Batman Arkham City (360) - $7
Kingdoms of Amalur (360) - $10
Darkness II (360) - $4

[quote name='rainking187']Does GameStop still give out cash for trade ins?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Yes, but a considerably lower rate.[/QUOTE]20% lower, to be exact, and you can't use any promotions when trading for cash.

[quote name='klimb22']The 30% extra when pre-ordering select games always works. The list is kind of thin now. They need to add some more 2013 titles. http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/[/QUOTE]

thanks....but i hate paying MSRP or cancelling preorder. well if i do pick up and pre-order would it hurt the sales people performance? mos of the GS people at my local stores are cool and i dont wanna screw them over if it affects them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back