Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, New Thread Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10499328

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

$50 Extra In-store Credit, Select Systems
(3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

50% Extra In-store Credit on all Games Traded (3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)​
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx​

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base prices
3ds-$40
Wii system wii remote plus -$23
Wii racing wheel grip- .25
3ds docking station .25
Nunchuck 2.75
Wii moteplus $14
Wii
Kirbys dream collection $13
MarioKart $12
Super Mario galaxy 2 $13
wii sports $4
Price is right 2010 $3
Groovin Blocks $1
Dora the explorer crystal kingdom $ 4.5
Hello Kitty Seasons $5.5
Animal crossing city folk $4.5
Kirbys return to dream land $14
Ps3
Battlefield 3- $4
Bioshock- $ 4
Bioshock2- $ 2

damn that's a newb tradein if i ever saw one. You're doing things all wrong. Hopefully if you stick around you'll learn a thing or two.

[quote name='aManFromReno']Game and system trade-ins done on 12/29/12:

PS2
PS2 Phat system - $12 (-$8 refurb)
PS2 Dual Shock - $2.50
PS2 Memory Card 8meg - $0.25
PS2/PSX A/V Cable - 3 Tail - $3
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone - $0.10
Final Fantasy X - $4
Contra: Shattered Soldier - $0.50
Tony Hawk 3 - $0.10
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $0.25
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $5.50
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - $0.75
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - $0.02
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - $0.20
Katamari Damacy - $1.50
We Love Katamari - $1.50
SSX - $0.10
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter - $0.40
Dynasty Warriors 5 - $0.75
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - $0.02
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - $0.75
Silent Hill 2 - $2.00
Onimusha Warlords - $0.10
Silpheed: The Lost Planet - $0.02
Frequency - $0.02
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - $0.40
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure - $0.10

Wii
We Ski - $0.50
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party - $1.50[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

PS2
PS2 Dual Shock - $2.50
Final Fantasy X - $4
Tony Hawk 3 - $0.10
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $0.25
Katamari Damacy - $1.50
We Love Katamari - $1.50
SSX - $0.10
Silent Hill 2 - $2.00
Frequency - $0.02

Wii
We Ski - $0.50
WAIT that's how much they give you?
That's insane! considering they sell many of those for ten times as much..

(~$20 total for more than 20 games/PS2 console stuff)[/QUOTE]

Shit dude, I would have just picked up my stuff and walked right back out the door. That's less than a dollar per game, and you traded in a console/controller/memory card/cables, too. Not trying to make you feel bad, but if anything like that happens again, just say you'd like to keep it. Seriously, nobody's gonna judge you for it when the values are that bad.

[quote name='Donut2922']Has anybody gone in lately and noticed whether their YTD PUR savings amount has reset for the new year yet?[/QUOTE]

It hasn't. I went in earlier in the week to buy some guides and the cashier said I saved something like over $2000 with my PUR card and I signed up 1/1/2012.

[quote name='nas6034']I have a $20 off pre-owned coupon. What should I use it for? (It expires tomorrow).[/QUOTE]

If you don't bring the controller, will the charge a refurb fee? My $20 off coupon is missing the controller, so I hope I don't get hit too hard.

XBOX360 base value
Dead or Alive 4- $1.50
MK vs DC Universe- $6.00
Lips- $2.00
Mass Effect- $5.00
Beatles RB- $0.50

PS2
PS2 Dual Shock - $2.50
Final Fantasy X - $4
Tony Hawk 3 - $0.10
Viewtiful Joe 2 - $0.25
Katamari Damacy - $1.50
We Love Katamari - $1.50
SSX - $0.10
Silent Hill 2 - $2.00
Frequency - $0.02

Wii
We Ski - $0.50

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rddRQyBmBkw

Eesh..... TWO CENTS for MGS2? I literally would have rather thrown the disc like a frisbee. That entertainment would have been worth more than 2 cents. And I'm pretty sure you could have gotten AT LEAST $25-30 for MVC2 from a CAG. With that said, $4 base for FFX isn't bad.

[quote name='roundhouse']I honestly can't believe someone who frequents this site would ever trade in those PS2 games for those values. They must be trolling.[/QUOTE]

he dont want them anymore so meh. not to mention imo mvc2 isnt worth much anymore as you can download it through xbox live and psn

[quote name='sasukekun']Any PS2 games that ring up $0.02 arent supposed to be traded in. We're actually instructed to throw them out.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking serious?

Dude send them all to people here D::cold::cold:

I dislike Gamestop more and more each day. You might as well just not take them at all. Especially if they take that stuff and sell it for 2-10+ times what you pay people for it. (FFX for example. Trade 4$, sells for 18$ used. 18/4=4.5X)

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Can you all leave that guy alone? They're HIS games and he's allowed to do WHATEVER he wants with them without all of these criticisms.[/QUOTE]

But then posting on a forum about giving a generally disliked company a game, hell almost ANY game for TWO CENTS, and then having said company just trash the game is enough to draw said criticisms. Long sentence is long.

[quote name='strait edge follower']he dont want them anymore so meh. not to mention imo mvc2 isnt worth much anymore as you can download it through xbox live and psn[/QUOTE]

Still sells for over $30 on Amazon.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Can you all leave that guy alone? They're HIS games and he's allowed to do WHATEVER he wants with them without all of these criticisms.[/QUOTE]

Some are being mean but others like me are trying to educate that GS isn't always the best place to sell games. At least he didn't ask for cash (subtract 20% & any trade promos.)

It's like selling drugs (except his product is a lot less desirable). It's less risky and you get paid faster to sell in bulk to someone you've done business with before and trust (more or less). You might make more selling elsewhere but it probably won't be worth it.

[quote name='Camre']But then posting on a forum about giving a generally disliked company a game, hell almost ANY game for TWO CENTS, and then having said company just trash the game is enough to draw said criticisms. Long sentence is long.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this.

It's a waste of stuff that deserves a better demise than to suffer the fate of Gamestop. It's not the guy we are narking on so much as it's the principle of Gamestop.

[quote name='dominator']I guess nearly all games are crap then, by this logic.

Edit: lol Although I do agree that Blops 2 is not up to par to what COD is.[/QUOTE]
Nope because nearly all games aren't *the* game to have for casuals at the biggest games retailer.

[quote name='Snap']It's more of an issue with supply vs demand. They shipped tens of millions of copies, of course it's worthless.[/QUOTE]

Yeh. They have a surplus of this subpar game because people already dumped it and there's no demand for a broken game. And shipped numbers aren't sold-through.

[quote name='MrBonk']Broken game? What's wrong with BLOPII[/QUOTE]
I only play the campaign and zombies with the Mrs. in split screen. Never had any bugs. Apparantly the guys who are into multiplayer are saying the game is unbalanced or something.

[quote name='TooPoor']Apparantly the guys who are into multiplayer are saying the game is unbalanced or something.[/QUOTE]

And having an unbalanced game is new? Have these guys not played any other CoD? It has all been down hill since MW in my opinion.

[quote name='xKalamityx']And having an unbalanced game is new? Have these guys not played any other CoD? It has all been down hill since MW in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I think this is one of the most balanced CoDs since the first MW. SMGs are better than all other guns, but the rest of the guns all have their uses and place in the game. IMO, it does favor small maps more, but there are places in all of these maps for any gun. Still, I think the connection can be worked on.

yeah blops 2 killed my ps3! lol but honestly my laser broke while playing blops 2. but thats life. i already got another ps3 and playing blops 2. 20/4 this morning. good fun.
im an asshole rusher tho. got my mp7 with suppressor and laser sight and mines and shockdarts and lightweight/scavenger/sprint perk. good stuff

[quote name='JP']I'll work on updating tomorrow during the day. Currently celebrating Ravens win![/QUOTE]
Take your time. In Indiana celebrating a Ravens win? :razz:

[quote name='Zolor23']I think this is one of the most balanced CoDs since the first MW. SMGs are better than all other guns, but the rest of the guns all have their uses and place in the game. IMO, it does favor small maps more, but there are places in all of these maps for any gun. Still, I think the connection can be worked on.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like BFBC2, which has balanced weapons. Everything has a purpose for different situations according to the class, class purpose and loadout.

[quote name='xKalamityx']And having an unbalanced game is new? Have these guys not played any other CoD? It has all been down hill since MW in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
Don't ask me, I have no friggin' idea of the multiplayer world.

Lag compensation exacerbated by the return of ridiculously accurate hip fire (like WAW) and quickscoping and tiny maps. I also don't care for the changes to zombies but that is more preference. I prefer levels like Call of the Dead while I consider tranzit to be more like Angri-la, which I hated. There's also the heavy emphasis on the competitive e-sport features which are utilized by a minuscule fraction of the playerbase that (presumedly) used resources that could've been used to fix the aforementioned lag compensation. It's mostly the lag compensation that most people consider to be game breaking. Take it from someone who doesn't just play single player and local zombies ;)

Treyarch is pretty good on making their cod games balanced, unlike infinity ward. I have had more fun playing infinity wards cod games, only thing I like about Trayarch is zombies

The TIV of the 3DSXL is now 55 dollars. I went to my local Gamestop today, in AZ and received a 110 total with the double TIV.

[quote name='panda911']Lag compensation exacerbated by the return of ridiculously accurate hip fire (like WAW) and quickscoping and tiny maps. I also don't care for the changes to zombies but that is more preference. I prefer levels like Call of the Dead while I consider tranzit to be more like Angri-la, which I hated. There's also the heavy emphasis on the competitive e-sport features which are utilized by a minuscule fraction of the playerbase that (presumedly) used resources that could've been used to fix the aforementioned lag compensation. It's mostly the lag compensation that most people consider to be game breaking. Take it from someone who doesn't just play single player and local zombies ;)[/QUOTE]

Black Ops 2 is IMO the worst call of duty to date. It is indeed broken and the frustrating part is that the devs keep catering to bad players. I know I should adapt with the times but when I get four hit markers and I die after being hit twice then there is nothing I can do. Not to mention the matchmaking sucks allowing for more lag comp to come into play. I mean Jesus I feel like I have to earn every damn kill I get and I have a 2.2 KD ratio. The game needs a lot of fixes but until they stop helping the bad players, the fixes aren't coming. I don't hate the game but it doesn't feel like a COD title and it's not a good thing. League play also needs a lot of work as well.

Quick question: Does the PS2 need to have a dual shock 2 when you trade it in? I know the PS3 needs an official controller or you can get hit with a refurb fee, but what about an older system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back