Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, New Thread Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10499328

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games for Nintendo devices. Fourth post has the values for games for Sony devices. Fifth post hardware values. Sixth post is open for expansion/reorganization.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

$50 Extra In-store Credit, Select Systems
(3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit when you trade any Wii U, PS3 or Xbox 360 system

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

50% Extra In-store Credit on all Games Traded (3/3/13)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 50% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)​
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx​

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16,17,,,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60.

No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
If i want to cancel a pre-order that is fully paid off(with some on my debit card and some on Store credit), would i get the money all back on my debit card or partially back on both? I ask this because i returned some games today, that i paid with store credit and my debit card, and the associate gave me all the money back on my debit card.

[quote name='donut']^^This^^
$60 wiis here are gone in hours....
I'd ask $70 for a GCube version....and advertise it as such...

heck if it's in good shape and plays GC games, I'd give ya $32 (vs GS credit) plus shipping...
LMK! ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This site needs to get push more trading IMO.

Pretty sure anyone on here would give you more than $25 for a Wii, but everyone just goes to gamestop.

[quote name='slimklp']If i want to cancel a pre-order that is fully paid off(with some on my debit card and some on Store credit), would i get the money all back on my debit card or partially back on both? I ask this because i returned some games today, that i paid with store credit and my debit card, and the associate gave me all the money back on my debit card.[/QUOTE]

Dont have any exact info on this but I think the system will let you refund all to one method if you used more than one.

It kinda depends on associate, computer will let them but most arent stupid enough to let you get $100 back, when you paid only $50....:lol:

[quote name='merchie89'][quote name='slimklp']If i want to cancel a pre-order that is fully paid off(with some on my debit card and some on Store credit), would i get the money all back on my debit card or partially back on both? I ask this because i returned some games today, that i paid with store credit and my debit card, and the associate gave me all the money back on my debit card.[/QUOTE]Dont have any exact info on this but I think the system will let you refund all to one method if you used more than one.
It kinda depends on associate, computer will let them but most arent stupid enough to let you get $100 back, when you paid only $50....:lol:[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop return system is pretty lenient. They can basicly do it however they feel like. Like he says, it depends on how carefully they read the receipt or how much they care.

[quote name='merchie89']Dont have any exact info on this but I think the system will let you refund all to one method if you used more than one.

It kinda depends on associate, computer will let them but most arent stupid enough to let you get $100 back, when you paid only $50....:lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dys006']The Gamestop return system is pretty lenient. They can basicly do it however they feel like. Like he says, it depends on how carefully they read the receipt or how much they care.[/QUOTE]

Thank you both. I think i mainly paid cash. Cant remember. I'll check it out.

Base TIV values on games I traded in on Tuesday 1/29/13.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2) - $8
Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition (PS2) - $1
WWE '13 (PS3) - $18
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3) - $6
Warriors Orochi 3 (Wii U) - $14
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Wii U) - $15

[quote name='Anexanhume']Does Gamestop sell the XP500 in stores?[/QUOTE]

Some do, some don't. YMMV. Check GameStop.com store availability checker on the page for the XP500.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Some do, some don't. YMMV. Check GameStop.com store availability checker on the page for the XP500.[/QUOTE]

That product doesn't have it. I'll just have to call or visit the store if I'm serious.

All from today, base:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $7.50
Super Paper Mario - $6
PS3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $5

[quote name='Anexanhume']That product doesn't have it. I'll just have to call or visit the store if I'm serious.[/QUOTE]

If your store doesn't have it they can lookup the closest store that does.

Hey, question about the Steal of the Week coupon. I'm looking to trade in some games and to use the coupon to do so. Previously, the 50% extra worked even if you bought a $1 game...however, the coupon states that "Full trade value must be towards the game". I'm not sure if it had that line before or if it would affect anything from now on.

You always were suppose to use the whole trade value toward a used game but a lot of game stops don't really care and just let the rest go on your credit.

[quote name='Kadamas']Hey, question about the Steal of the Week coupon. I'm looking to trade in some games and to use the coupon to do so. Previously, the 50% extra worked even if you bought a $1 game...however, the coupon states that "Full trade value must be towards the game". I'm not sure if it had that line before or if it would affect anything from now on.[/QUOTE]

So the deal is that the full value is supposed to be put towards the game, however, I have just gone back later when I wanted to make another purchase and either move money off that game or cancel it entirely. I have never had any problems. The managers around the Portland, OR area are really cool about it, but have stated that corporate has really pushed enforcing the "full value" clause. It used to be that I would just put $5 towards whatever game the bonus was for. Now its just an extra step of moving credit around or cancelling it later.

Hope this helps. ;)

I got one of the 500 GB White PS3s a couple of days ago. Traded in the old 360 that had been sitting in my closet with a non-functional DVD drive. They gave me the $75 credit, and deducted $23 from the value of my console because of the busted drive. So, I got rid of something that I was going to have to pay to fix before selling, and got a new 500 GB PS3 and 15 months of PS+ for about $160.

Traded in these today:

Xbox 360: (base, before promos, card etc)
Hitman Absolution: $15
Borderlands 2: $20
Need for speed most wanted: $17
Xcom: $13

Have $84.50 towards pre-orders now, otherwise would not have traded the games in.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']how's the super slim compared to the old slim

thinking of upgrading to the white one[/QUOTE]

Im also in the same boat! My slim is slowly dying, getting harder to read disc! The white seems like the definitive bundle to date.

... or if red is your color and you can wait until March 12th then for $349.99 you can get this:
original.jpg

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']... or if red is your color and you can wait until March 12th then for $349.99 you can get this:
original.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit that is amazing looking! It's way to expensive for me and I've never played a GoW game before, but it's still really cool looking.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']... or if red is your color and you can wait until March 12th then for $349.99 you can get this:
original.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:drool: Looking less cheap, to me, now.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']Does the red one come with a yr of ps plus[/QUOTE]

From the box it just says 30 day plus. Wish it was cheaper. 349 is too much considering the game will probaby go down in price in 2 months or so after release

Supposedly it will be limited run on these (like Final Fantasy white ones in Japan). It was only available in Japan in red color so for GOW:A release SOE is bringing it State side. $350 is still too rich for my blood. I will wait and see how limited the run is. Still nice looking.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Madden 09' DS - $4.00 (no joke)
Backyard Baseball 2010 DS - $2.00[/QUOTE]

Last year of a sports game on a console always go for insane amounts. See Madden/FIFA 12 on PSP or sealed copies of Madden 12/13 for Wii.

Wii
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop - $5 (1/31/13)
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - $3 (1/31/13)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games - $7 (1/31/13)
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - $7 (1/31/13)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - $4 (1/31/13)

PS3
Spider-man: Edge of Time - $9 (1/31/13)

It can be updated that the base trade-in value for the Xbox 360 fat (w/ wireless controller) is now $40. So that is $90 (after the $50 promo) or $115 (after the trade-in promo towards the white PS3).

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']It can be updated that the base trade-in value for the Xbox 360 fat (w/ wireless controller) is now $40. So that is $90 (after the $50 promo) or $115 (after the trade-in promo towards the white PS3).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update on this. With the value dropping so much over the past couple weeks, I'm thinking I should just keep it as a spare unit or put it in the family room to stream vids.

Anyone know how Gamestop handles PS3 trade ins without the warranty sticker? I've had mine serviced and it has a warranty sticker from the repair shop on the side. Will they take these at all?

[quote name='bludd']Anyone know how Gamestop handles PS3 trade ins without the warranty sticker? I've had mine serviced and it has a warranty sticker from the repair shop on the side. Will they take these at all?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't, YMMV if they check it though. But if there's a big independent dealers sticker on it I would think they would catch it.

Does anyone know if gamestop accepts defective ipods like they do consoles?

I have a 160 gig classic that won't power up and an nano 6th generation that has a stuck volume button on top, you can still change the volume but have to do it manually through the ipod settings or itunes.

[quote name='NeedleInTheHay']Does anyone know if gamestop accepts defective ipods like they do consoles?

I have a 160 gig classic that won't power up and an nano 6th generation that has a stuck volume button on top, you can still change the volume but have to do it manually through the ipod settings or itunes.[/QUOTE]

No to the one that won't power up, not sure about the 2nd one, but if they do take it you may be at the bottom of the 4 rankings GS takes in those devices.

[quote name='mpaullin']Does the bonus 10% for power up pro stack with the 2 4 6 deal? Have six games I wanna trade, so might I get 40% bonus?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does.

With the upcoming 2/20 playstation event... And the deal on the console trade in ends in 2/17 im having doubts if $299 white bundle is worth it still... My gut tells me that if ever a ps4 announcement is coming... A console price drop is just around the corner aswell. Waaaahhhh! My slim is slowly dying already (blu ray failure) and i want to replace it soon. Decision! Decision!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']With the upcoming 2/20 playstation event... And the deal on the console trade in ends in 2/17 im having doubts if $299 white bundle is worth it still... My gut tells me that if ever a ps4 announcement is coming... A console price drop is just around the corner aswell. Waaaahhhh! My slim is slowly dying already (blu ray failure) and i want to replace it soon. Decision! Decision![/QUOTE]

It is pretty unlikely a specific date or price info will be announced at the upcoming event and even if the price on the PS3 drops in the near term, it is not going be more than $50. Given how hard up Sony is for cash at the moment, it might only be $20-$30 (ie, the entry level PS3 becomes $229 once they end that uncharted 3 bundle).

And the $75 trade promo for the white PS3 is a pretty good bonus and GS is an easy way to unload a dying unit. And any price drop will also lower the trade in value of your current PS3 as well, there isn't a incentive to wait if you know you want to unload your current PS3. Assuming the year of PS+ is worth something to you, I'd say go for it. Big hard drive, good looking unit (I hate how dust is super visible in the grooves of the black super slim), lower cash out of pocket transaction thanks to the $75 trade promotion. Enjoy your new PS3 for two years and then pick up a cheaper, probably better built PS4 that actually has more than one or two games you want to play on it.

2/3 - Halo 4 BASE Value: $24

($36 ($38.40 with 10%) if any of you have that 6,000 PUR coupon.....poweruprewards.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back