omg YES

It doesnt sound like the guy was a dedicated gamer by the phone convo and leaving his games with his grandmother. He probably just figured it was time for a new chapter in his life and wanted to pursue something other than gaming.

Its really not that unplausable.

yeah well a phone conversation can be easily fabricated, just like the whole story. And I see no problem with getting rid of your games, but when you have well over 1,500 invested and just say, fuck it, grandma sell em for dirt cheap and keep the money, thats when it become questionable. this isnt a nes collection here, where the people might not know it has some value.

Yeah, he wasn't a "dedicated" gamer. He's the type of person that has the money so it doesn't really matter to him.

Believe it or not. It doesn't matter to me.

BTW, I shall get pics tomorrow.

Great Job my nieghbor had great sega genisis and sega saturn but he traded it all into gamestop and got like 80$ i wouldve bought it off of him =/ o well great job again and pics!

Nice grab Miguel!!! Looked out your window, and an hour later youre the envy of Game Informer.

Off the topic abit, and about Gamestop, eb, funco, does anyone have any stories about being in one of those places, seeing a customer selling their shit, also seeing them get ripped by the corporate thugs of these stores and offer them more money for the games and system? I have....got about 50 nintendo games about 4 years ago doing that in Funcoland. They offered like 8 bucks for all the games (some good ones too: DK original, Zelda I+II, Contra), and I went up to the dude and offered 15.....The salesmen laughed and basically said take it outside, and I bought the shit from the guy outside.

Just a thought if you happen to be in one of these stores about to see someone get ripped a new asshole and you need a particular system or game.

Wow, I'm not too keen on believing in humanity, but I wouldn't think anyone would be lame enough to make up a story just to impress people at a forum.

Have a little faith. And good stuff. I never find anything at garage sales.

Great Find/Haul....But as everyone was all worried about Duke being pissed I think that this would be appropriate:
media

my luck if i ever found something like this the dude would take me to court saying the grandmother had no right in selling the stuff and demand everything back

[quote name='supadupacheap']Am I the only one who would have shot for $300 then worked my way up if needs be? Sure its a great deal either way but I bet she'd have gone lower.[/QUOTE]

For sure. I'm betting she was thinking 'Holy crap, $450 for this junk?'

I guess the guy might get mad at you, but he really should be mad at his grandma or at himself. You don't leave crap at a relatives house without making it very clear you don't want it trashed. Dude was a moron for not just selling it himself before he left. What's the point of keeping a bunch of current video game systems (that are going to depreciate) sitting in a box?

fasdfadfn

sorry for the late response.

but ive still got one more box to go through (sega, dont expect to find anything good)

but after im done ill post pics for sure

bread's done
Back