? on Best Buy gamerzone

qcjoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is this really worth it? Ive seen you get 20 bucks in rewardzone stuff. Is that 20 bucks spread out or on one thing. How does this work? I tried talking to a Bestbuy rep, but that was pointless. Thanks for the help and sorry for sounding dumb on the whole thing.

Do you mean Gamer's Club Unlocked? There are several benefits. 10% off used games, coupon offers, and preorder offers.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits
The preorder offer you are talking about is $20 in reward zone certificates for preordering certain games and picking them up the first week. It takes up to 35 days to receive the RZ points.

Yeah that's what Im talking about. Can you use the 20$ towards what you want or are they pre selected? Is it worth paying the 14.99 as well? Thanks

[quote name='qcjoe']Yeah that's what Im talking about. Can you use the 20$ towards what you want or are they pre selected? Is it worth paying the 14.99 as well? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Only certain pre orders qualify for the pre order bonuses. You get a $20 gift certificate that can be used towards anything. Does that help?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Only certain pre orders qualify for the pre order bonuses. You get a $20 gift certificate that can be used towards anything. Does that help?[/QUOTE]

It does thanks. Does anyone do the 14 bucks a year thing or no?

Their Reward Certificate's are bestbuy monopoly money, the way it work's is you get 1 point per $1 spent normally (takes about 30 days to clear), and you can cash out your points at increments of 250 for a certificate (250=$5 500 =$10 etc) You dont get $20 exactly, you get a bonus 1000 point's added to the purchase of the game you preordered (select list of eligible games). The Certificates are like giftcard's, only good at BB and can be used on anything, a common practice is to use the $20 from a previous game on the next game you can get $20 from, therefore a infinite cycle of (select) $40 games day one.

[quote name='qcjoe']It does thanks. Does anyone do the 14 bucks a year thing or no?[/QUOTE]

This is ONLY a benefit of Gamers Club Unlocked ($14.99 a year) not the free subscription. So yes we all do. After 1 game preordered it paid for itself.

[quote name='qcjoe']It does thanks. Does anyone do the 14 bucks a year thing or no?[/QUOTE]

Well I paid the $14.99 and have pre ordered two games so far which has gotten me $40 so yes it pays off ;)

Just check the pre order list to see if anything you want qualifies for it!

Yeah it also is good because it seems the prices of new releases drops by 15-30 dollars within 30 days and not only do you get a PM but you get the 20 dollars (1000 points) as a bonus!

[quote name='qcjoe']Yeah that's what Im talking about. Can you use the 20$ towards what you want or are they pre selected? Is it worth paying the 14.99 as well? Thanks[/QUOTE]
It is IF you stay loyal to BB only. Personally I think it's a waste of money since the coupons from the mag are focused on selling product that isn't moving; not to give customers a deal. The $20 you're talking about is the highlight of signing up, but is only useful if you buy all your games at BB. Pre-order bonuses tend to make this a hard choice if you care at all about them and Amazon occasionally matches the $20 credit.

If you use at least one of the $20 coupons then it will be worth it. Otherwise, no deal.

Thanks for all your feedback guys. I may end up paying the 15 bucks . I dont have any loyalty to any store. Also I would not like to give gamestop money if I dont have to.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yeah it also is good because it seems the prices of new releases drops by 15-30 dollars within 30 days and not only do you get a PM but you get the 20 dollars (1000 points) as a bonus![/QUOTE]

I don't think you get the pm anymore with their new policy unless you pm on the same day or 15 days if BB lowers it.

bread's done
Back