Onechanbara Bikini Squad (360) - $37 + FS

Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, except for the taxes.
iy.gif

iy.gif

Goodness i really want to play this (Sad I know) because I love Hack N Slash type of games.

I was in BB today and they had Zippy. Well they didn't even get FEAR 2 so I don't know whats going on with them today.

I might have to pick this up.

wow.. this got a 1/5 from gamepro, don't they usually overrate games if anything? i suppose i'll consider buying it whenever it drops to $10 or less.

[quote name='sunghost']wow.. this got a 1/5 from gamepro, don't they usually overrate games if anything? i suppose i'll consider buying it whenever it drops to $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

anyone who has had 5 minutes with the game will rate it about that.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I wasn't ashamed to buy it today. :) Zombies + boobs = Win.[/QUOTE]

same thing w/ Bullet Witch.. and I got burn... still was a decent game imo..

Onechanbara still has 2 things ahead of bullet witch tho...

Less clothes & lower MSRP...

$35 shipped & i'll jump, come on amazon..

I am really tempted to buy this, but feel kind of embarrassed about it. D:

Maybe when it gets on clearance somewhere for under $20.

[quote name='ninja dog']anyone who has had 5 minutes with the game will rate it about that.[/quote]

Have you played it? Or are you just going off an assumtion (better word then guess) that the game is going to be awful with out playing?

Now I am not saying its going to be great but with one review being Gamepro and nothing else rating it I think I will wait till I see some other reviews come in

[quote name='joshnorm']Have you played it? Or are you just going off an assumtion (better word then guess) that the game is going to be awful with out playing?

Now I am not saying its going to be great but with one review being Gamepro and nothing else rating it I think I will wait till I see some other reviews come in[/quote] Do you really even need to play the game to see that this is going to be a huge piece of shit?

[quote name='silent h3ro']Do you really even need to play the game to see that this is going to be a huge piece of shit?[/quote]

How about this. Think about when you first heard/read anything about Grindhouse. Sounded pretty different right. Some might even say its a piece of shit with: Grainy flim, 2 movies in one, reels missing, parts of scenes are gone, flim burns, etc. But once you saw it in the theater is was one of the best times I had at the movies.

So I sure do need something else. I would like to keep some hope that it might be decent.

fuck, I enjoyed Afro Samurai and I enjoy the Hack N Slash stupidity that a lot of games have. This one might be that way also.

Odds are that it will be garbage but I would like to hear someone that played it first/read a few reviews.

[quote name='Scorch']I doubt this will be around for a few months.. this seems like one that will fade into obscurity.[/QUOTE]

Of course it will be around. It is being stocked by all the major on-line and brick and mortar retailers. The chances of anything being hard to find in this generation is pretty minimal, especially with the formerly limited releases from companies like Atlus being overpressed and available at a discount long after release.

[quote name='Stingermck']I wish this was on PS3. I watched the movie over the weekend, and it was bad ass.[/quote]

Yeah the movie was fun. I will probably pick this up just because I like killing zombies.

I get the feeling this is going to go the way of Bullet Witch. I liked that game, but not enough to buy it full price...when it hit a great reduced price, I was all over it. It'll be the same with this. :twisted:

[quote name='sunghost']wow.. this got a 1/5 from gamepro, don't they usually overrate games if anything? i suppose i'll consider buying it whenever it drops to $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, when it hits the discount bin then I'll be tempted to pick it up.

[quote name='joshnorm']How about this. Think about when you first heard/read anything about Grindhouse. Sounded pretty different right. Some might even say its a piece of shit with: Grainy flim, 2 movies in one, reels missing, parts of scenes are gone, flim burns, etc. But once you saw it in the theater is was one of the best times I had at the movies.

So I sure do need something else. I would like to keep some hope that it might be decent.

fuck, I enjoyed Afro Samurai and I enjoy the Hack N Slash stupidity that a lot of games have. This one might be that way also.

Odds are that it will be garbage but I would like to hear someone that played it first/read a few reviews.[/quote]

Game looks like crap. Wait for the eventual $10 price point.:bouncy:

[quote name='bojay1997']Of course it will be around. It is being stocked by all the major on-line and brick and mortar retailers. The chances of anything being hard to find in this generation is pretty minimal, especially with the formerly limited releases from companies like Atlus being overpressed and available at a discount long after release.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The game is nowhere to be found in my city and is backordered on some of the online sites I've looked at. Hard to find a game at a B & M store clearanced for $10 if they never had it in the first place. Going to order this today I believe.

Will snag for around $10 someday. Not enough time to warrant an iffy $37 dollar purchase plus shipping. I don't even spend that much on a game like Fallout 3. Surely zombie slayer babes will not tempt me...

Mine should arrive tomorrow. They never brought any of the earlier games on the PS2 over here so wanted to support it so they keep'em coming.

[quote name='carldisc']I disagree. The game is nowhere to be found in my city and is backordered on some of the online sites I've looked at. Hard to find a game at a B & M store clearanced for $10 if they never had it in the first place. Going to order this today I believe.[/QUOTE]

That's because the distributor shipped it out a day later than anticipated. Check Best Buy and you will see that every one of their b&m stores got roughly 7-10 copies of each version. I just got back from a lunch time trip to the local one here in Los Angeles and they had plenty of them. I'm not sure which on-line places you checked, but I guarantee the backorder indication will be gone within a day or two when they check-in their orders from the distributor. Between Best Buy and Gamestop, as well as all the on-line stores, this is not going to be hard to find when it comes time to clearance. General rule, if Best Buy stocks it brick and mortar, there is no chance of it becoming rare in this generation.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i liked bullet witch. so i'm sure i'll like this game.[/quote]

is that like saying "i liked bullet witch cuz it had big boobs, so i'm sure i'm like this game, cuz it has bigger boobs!!"?

I imported Vortex about a year ago (same game thats been out in Japan for three years now) and its not worth it.

I actually picked up the Wii version (Bikini Zombie Slayers) yesterday and its much better than Bikini Samuari Squad. It is also $10 cheaper so I suggest anyone interestd buy that one instead (the graphics aren't that much worse than the Xbox 360 version also).

[quote name='bojay1997']That's because the distributor shipped it out a day later than anticipated. Check Best Buy and you will see that every one of their b&m stores got roughly 7-10 copies of each version. I just got back from a lunch time trip to the local one here in Los Angeles and they had plenty of them. I'm not sure which on-line places you checked, but I guarantee the backorder indication will be gone within a day or two when they check-in their orders from the distributor. Between Best Buy and Gamestop, as well as all the on-line stores, this is not going to be hard to find when it comes time to clearance. General rule, if Best Buy stocks it brick and mortar, there is no chance of it becoming rare in this generation.[/quote]

The distributor didn't ship it out a day later than anticipated. It arrived right on time. Just because it's currently stocked everywhere doesn't mean it'll be common forever. It's release week, of course it'll be everywhere. That doesn't mean that Best Buy will order more once they sell out of those "7-10" copies.

I don't think D3 has the means to mass produce this title. I think used copies will be around, they almost always are, but I don't think new copies will be around long enough to be clearanced out.

[quote name='Scorch']The distributor didn't ship it out a day later than anticipated. It arrived right on time. Just because it's currently stocked everywhere doesn't mean it'll be common forever. It's release week, of course it'll be everywhere. That doesn't mean that Best Buy will order more once they sell out of those "7-10" copies.

I don't think D3 has the means to mass produce this title. I think used copies will be around, they almost always are, but I don't think new copies will be around long enough to be clearanced out.[/QUOTE]

Really, where do you work? I spoke to the distributor I typically buy from and he told me it took an extra day to arrive because it shipped late. If it's available at both Best Buy and Gamestop, that means the title had a minimum run of 20,000 units and given the limited demand based both on its niche nature and poor quality, I 100% guarantee it will be available for $20 within a few months. D3 is not as small as you might think. They have great vendor relationships and are in the process of being bought out by Bandai Namco. Some of their games in the US include Flushed Away, Dark Sector, Ben 10 for the Wii, Naruto for the DS and Coraline. Whether you like it or not, they are not some small-time publisher and not a single one of their games has ever become hard to find. There just aren't 20,000 collectors of Xbox 360 games out there and a regular gamer is not going to pay $40 for a really poorly made game. Being a CAG means understanding distribution and not pulling the trigger too quick on titles that will drop quickly.

[quote name='bojay1997']Really, where do you work? I spoke to the distributor I typically buy from and he told me it took an extra day to arrive because it shipped late. If it's available at both Best Buy and Gamestop, that means the title had a minimum run of 20,000 units and given the limited demand based both on its niche nature and poor quality, I 100% guarantee it will be available for $20 within a few months. D3 is not as small as you might think. They have great vendor relationships and are in the process of being bought out by Bandai Namco. Some of their games in the US include Flushed Away, Dark Sector, Ben 10 for the Wii, Naruto for the DS and Coraline. Whether you like it or not, they are not some small-time publisher and not a single one of their games has ever become hard to find. There just aren't 20,000 collectors of Xbox 360 games out there and a regular gamer is not going to pay $40 for a really poorly made game. Being a CAG means understanding distribution and not pulling the trigger too quick on titles that will drop quickly.[/quote]Well said.:applause:

Well, after a few hours, I REALLY enjoy this game. Its a hell of a lot of fun.. its funny all the people bashing it never played it :(

bread's done
Back