Onechanbara Bikini Squad (360) - $37 + FS

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Well, after a few hours, I REALLY enjoy this game. Its a hell of a lot of fun.. its funny all the people bashing it never played it :([/quote]

Is it the fun mindless hack N slash that I am hoping for? I really want to check it out but still waiting...

[quote name='joshnorm']Is it the fun mindless hack N slash that I am hoping for? I really want to check it out but still waiting...[/quote]

Yeah, it has a few RPG elements in it like upgrading your character and such. The quests for the most part are pretty challenging as well.

Its a ton of fun, im glad I paid 37 for it. I dont regret it.

[quote name='sunghost']is that like saying "i liked bullet witch cuz it had big boobs, so i'm sure i'm like this game, cuz it has bigger boobs!!"?[/QUOTE]

What big boobs? Have you played bullet witch? I meant it was a game that most people said was horrible. Maybe if Isaid DOA: xtreme you could have said that.

[quote name='bojay1997']poor quality, a really poorly made game.[/QUOTE]
Have you, y'know, played this game?

Or do you just like to pepper in your opinions when you tell the future?

i had the 360 version pre-ordered. picked it up on my lunch break from work, and a few hours into it. loving it of course, but i knew what to expect. already had the one for the wii in japanese, just couldn't read any of the story. lol.

[quote name='doodle777_98']What big boobs? Have you played bullet witch? I meant it was a game that most people said was horrible. Maybe if Isaid DOA: xtreme you could have said that.[/quote]

i was just kidding, bullet witch does kinda share the same suggestive theme this game has though.. that's what i meant by it, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I must be the only one in the world that really liked Bullet Witch. Sure the graphics weren't the greatest and it was awfully short but I enjoyed the zaniness of it. You had unlimited ammo for your guns and cool-looking magic spells. I guess I'm the type of person that would probably like Onechanbara as well but I'm still going to wait for a price drop since I have a huge backlog and also this game has fast price drop written all over it.

[quote name='Rocko']Have you, y'know, played this game?

Or do you just like to pepper in your opinions when you tell the future?[/QUOTE]

I own the earlier import PS2 version which I believe they ported into the Wii game that came out this week. You're right, I don't have the 360 version, but the reviews lead me to believe that it's every bit as poorly made as the PS2 version. There's a reason these games are part of a discount line in Japan, but I believe even with the Yen conversion rate, they have always been around $20. Not sure why this one is $40.

[quote name='bojay1997']I own the earlier import PS2 version which I believe they ported into the Wii game that came out this week. You're right, I don't have the 360 version, but the reviews lead me to believe that it's every bit as poorly made as the PS2 version. There's a reason these games are part of a discount line in Japan, but I believe even with the Yen conversion rate, they have always been around $20. Not sure why this one is $40.[/QUOTE]

The Wii and Xbox 360 games were full price in Japan.

Most of the people trolling about this game without having played it are probably unaware that it's by the same people who made EDF 2017, which had the same low production values but was amazingly fun.

[quote name='doodle777_98']What big boobs? Have you played bullet witch? I meant it was a game that most people said was horrible. Maybe if Isaid DOA: xtreme you could have said that.[/quote]

aliciaclothesrated.jpg

[quote name='eastx']Most of the people trolling about this game without having played it are probably unaware that it's by the same people who made EDF 2017, which had the same low production values but was amazingly fun.[/quote]
Wow! Reading this thread brought EDF 2017 to mind and here I learn Onechanbara is from the same crew! I loved EDF 2017! (..actually, I've had Onechanbara in my wish list for months and forgot when the release date was. Thanks to the OP for reminding me!) Bikini-clad zombie slayers are on the way! :whee:

I picked this up on the 11th and am very happy with it. I also enjoyed EDF and still play it from time to time. Its definitely not a game you play for achievements, but is a fun hack and slash. If you get killed your character saves all of the experience they earn, and check points prevent you from having to start from the beginning. Also, any experience from survival mode will carry over to story mode. Often times gameplay comes in waves just as in X-Blades, though much less frustrating and tedious then X-Blades can be.

[quote name='eastx']Most of the people trolling about this game without having played it are probably unaware that it's by the same people who made EDF 2017, which had the same low production values but was amazingly fun.[/quote]

you are incorrect. the developer behind EDF2017 is Sandlot, while the developer behind Onechanbara is Tamsoft. The only other notable game series that Tamsoft is famous for is Toshinden. EDF = good, Toshinden = bad. So I would take some caution.

Having said that, I enjoyed Bullet Witch and this looks to have similar gameplay mechanics but appears longer so I'll probably pick this up when it gets cheaper.

[quote name='espionage']you are incorrect. the developer behind EDF2017 is Sandlot, while the developer behind Onechanbara is Tamsoft. The only other notable game series that Tamsoft is famous for is Toshinden. EDF = good, Toshinden = bad. So I would take some caution.

Having said that, I enjoyed Bullet Witch and this looks to have similar gameplay mechanics but appears longer so I'll probably pick this up when it gets cheaper.[/quote]

Its a lot different gameplay.. its much better than BW was.

Glad I could help fellow CAG's out.

This is a freaking awesome game. Seriously. I've put in nearly 10 hours and I'm still having a frigging blast!

Picked this up today... not many BM place carrys this at all...

Only BM that carrys this is GS & Bestbuy atm. and there is like 1-2 copys at most.

So far the gameplay is very simpy, graphic isn't up to par with 360 standards imo, I was expecting pretty low anyhow, There is a charm to this series, and I see why it's a hit in Japan for years. hell even my wife likes this game... and she never touched my 360 once.. goin to get the Wii version tomo (wife is asking for it).

can't beat the budget price... oh and this tons of funner than BW..

[quote name='Spoon_si']Picked this up today... not many BM place carrys this at all...

Only BM that carrys this is GS & Bestbuy atm. and there is like 1-2 copys at most.

So far the gameplay is very simpy, graphic isn't up to par with 360 standards imo, I was expecting pretty low anyhow, There is a charm to this series, and I see why it's a hit in Japan for years. hell even my wife likes this game... and she never touched my 360 once.. goin to get the Wii version tomo (wife is asking for it).

can't beat the budget price... oh and this tons of funner than BW..[/QUOTE]

I went to three Best Buys this weekend and each had a minimum of six copies of both the Wii and 360 versions. The largest store I went to had over 10 copies of each. $40 is not a bargain price for a game of this caliber, especially one with subpar graphics.

[quote name='eastx']Incorrect? D3 publisher is responsible for both series. Different developer is a good thing to note though.[/quote]

yes you are incorrect. the developer makes the game, not the publisher. gameplay decisions, design, storyline, etc. are all from the developer. in this case, d3 publisher simply pays money to port it domestically.

to say that onechanbara is by the same people that made edf is inaccurate. it'd be like saying that mass effect was from the same guys that made ninja gaiden 2 because both games were published by microsoft.

bread's done
Back