Online game rentals- What would you do?

mobster011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Ok, I'm debating on signing up for Gamerang.com or intothegame.com for online game rentals. I currently have Gamefly but they take too long to recieve and ship games because I live in Jersey and they ship from California. Here is my dilemma that I hope you can all voice your opinion on:

Should I sign up for gamerang.com for 2 games at a time at $22 which has a distribution center in Jersey where I live so I'll recieve games faster

OR

Should I sign up for intothegame.com for 3 games at a time at $25 but has a distribution center on the other side of the country in California but get an extra game at a time for $3 more.

I tried posting this in the general gaming and industry news but I barely got any responses.

I did the Gamerang trial and I loved the damn thing to death. But this all winds down to is how you manage playing your multiple games, you can focus on playing a single game and then ship the ones that you're tired of ASAP.

Personally, I would go with Gamerang just so that I can get the games quicker, I always need my shit quicker.

Dude, check out gameznflicks.com They are awsome. I used to use Gamefly but was to expensive. Gameznflicks has a 3 out of a time for 17.99 or 2 for 14.99 which includes games and movies. Only thing bad about them is that they dont do DS games.

[quote name='mikeyg76']Dude, check out gameznflicks.com They are awsome. I used to use Gamefly but was to expensive. Gameznflicks has a 3 out of a time for 17.99 or 2 for 14.99 which includes games and movies. Only thing bad about them is that they dont do DS games.[/QUOTE]

I've been curious about them for a while, but I've also seen a lot of poor ratings of them. It seems like they're getting better though. How long have you used them?

MjC

What kind of complaints have you heard about gameznflicks?

I see their subscription options and the 6 out at a time for $250 is awesome. I also have Blockbuster online so if I just did gameznflicks for 6 at a time, I would save $230 and still be getting my 3 games and 3 movies a month.

I'd actually also like to know more about gameznflicks--- where do they ship from? Like the OP I'm on the east coast, so gamefly stuff takes too long for it to be really all that feasible for the price that I wind up paying. If it's relatively close, I'd be happy to switch out gamefly, especially since they keep losing my games.

I'm potentially in the market for a new online game rental provider. I just cancelled my Gamefly subscription after around ten months - too expensive for one game at a time, for sale section not as good anymore, never could get the games I wanted.

I was actually thinking about trying gameznflix because they opened a distribution center right in Boston - where I live, so it should be fairly quick shipping times.

I wanted to give it a try with the trial, but the trial is useless, you can't rent hardly anything worth getting. They restrict you to crap. You'd really have to pay the one month fee and see how it works out.

I think they added some distribution centers, I've heard good things about it recently:

Question: Where are your shipping centers located?

Solution: We currently operate distribution centers in the following areas:
  • Boston, MA
  • Washington DC
  • Orlando, FL
  • Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
  • Dallas, TX
  • Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
  • El Centro, CA (near San Diego, CA)
  • Sacramento, CA
The following centers are slated to be opened by the end of 2006
  • Seattle, WA
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Chicago, IL

I'm getting sick of GameFly. I'm in Seattle (fairly close to Cali, y'know) and spend more time waiting for games than I do playing them. Using the 1-at-a-time plan, I get 2ish games per month, maybe 3. Usually takes about 6 business days from the time I send a game to them to the time I get one back... if I send a game in on Friday or Saturday, I have to wait until the next Monday or Tuesday. Like a week and a half. It's ridiculous.

For the guys who use other services, I'm curious, in your opinion who has the fastest turnaround? I honestly don't care about price, and so long as they carry 360 games that's all I care about.

I signed up for the gameznflix trial, picked out a PS2 game (360 games aren't available during trial) and it shipped an hour after it was in my queue, and I got it in one day. Seriously.

Keep in mind I live in Boston, which is one of their distribution centers. Still, it's a good sign for those of us on the East Coast who generally get shafted. So far the only negative I see is they don't have Saint's Row available. Will be trying some 360 games soon, I'll update.

So far though, I'm really impressed. One day is awesome.

I agree about gameznflix. I have used them for about four months. The shipping is fast (I live in Missouri) and they are cheap. I used to have Gamefly and they took forever to ship and receive.

[quote name='Synergy']
The following centers are slated to be opened by the end of 2006
  • Seattle, WA
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Chicago, IL[/quote]
If they open one in Chicago, I'd be up for trying gameznflix for a little while. Gamefly sucks so much ass.

[quote name='shieryda'][/LIST]If they open one in Chicago, I'd be up for trying gameznflix for a little while. Gamefly sucks so much ass.[/QUOTE]

I live in Chicago and I share your pain. Took me 2 weeks to turnover a new game with gamefly. I signed up to gameznflix last week, and it took only 2 days for me to get a game. And its like half the price of Gamefly. The trial excludes 360 games, but its worth jumping into.

I used Gamefly a couple years ago with the 3-out plan. That was before I started to buy game like a fiend (in part due to discovering this site), and had enough time to play through them and re-sell. I seemed to save a little more money that way.

With all the new stuff coming out now (and in the near-future), another online rental subscription may be the way to go. At least I could try the games and decide if I want to get them when they go on sale at the retail shops. I'm leaning towards gameznflix, if I do decide to pull the trigger on renting again. My philosophy may be to rent the non multi-player stuff to play through the campaigns, and buy the hot Live games.

Wasn't there a website that rated all the online game rental companies, comparing them against each other?

Edit: I found this:

http://www.gameogre.com/gamerentals.htm

This one's better:

http://video-game-rental-review.toptenreviews.com/

I having been using gameznflix for a little over a month and have to say I am very impressed. They have decent selection, good prices and ship fast.

[quote name='Graystone']Stay the fuck away from gamesnflix. Your in NJ go with Gamerang they have a distro in you state.[/QUOTE]

Yeah? an important part of intelligent discussion is to give reasons to contrary statements.

for instance "Why" should one stay the fuck away from gameznflix?

I live in NYC, and I used to get so damn angry waiting for gamefly, but they have really stepped it up in the last few weeks. I have been recieving games in 3 days now. I recommend gamefly.

I was lucky and found 5 of the two month starter kits on ebay for gamefly for $30.00. If your going for a short period go to best buy and pick one up (they are only sold at best buy) if not, I would go with a cheaper source. Gamefly has been good to me and has great costomer service, but new games are almost impossible to get, and the price is a bit high.

Gamefly is killing me the last few months all the 360 games I want to play are on the short wait list, grrrr! The cheap bastards need to order more new 360 games since this has been happening since May.

A screenshot I just took of 360 new releases from gamefly:

I have been looking at both gamefly and gamesnflix. After seeing all the negative feedback about gamefly from here I am no longer interested. And gamesnflix does not have a great ps3 selection.

Does anyone know anything about www.gottaplay.com

they seem to have a better selection and fairly cheap but I can not find anything about them.

bread's done
Back