Online Gaming Rental Roundup!

[quote name='slidecage']well after the fight i got in today over the phone I think im leaving gamefly as soon as my Free membership is up (feb 2006) they had both my games on Fast shipment Thursday but Pulled both of them saying On Friday they didnt get the confirm on weds they got the games scanned... im getting tired of the 9 day turn around these past 2 game cycles ..

Has anyone tried GAMERANG and are they any good

1 game out time 10 bucks compair to 16 bucks for gamefly[/QUOTE]

Quit bitching about GameFly. It'd be one thing if you were paying, then you'd have a right to, but you've got a free account with them until February, just deal with it.

As for GameFly, other than a handful of times, I've had to wait no longer than 4 days from when I ship my games out, until I recieve the newer ones. And with the new system, scanning when taken to PO for faster turn around, some times it gets here within 2 days, but most are 3-4, except for long weekends =\.

[quote name='theenforcer1']Short Wait usually takes how long on Gamechoice and Gamerang?[/QUOTE]

When I was using GameRang, short wait was usually 2-3 days.

Well It looks like Game drive is a little backwards. it clearly states that there is no charge during the 2 week free trial but it appears that a charge has posted to my bank account. I sent them a email about it. Anyone else have this happen? While the transaction automatically reverse? I guess i thought the companies just put a hold on the money instead of actually taking it. Seems odd to say the least.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Quit bitching about GameFly. It'd be one thing if you were paying, then you'd have a right to, but you've got a free account with them until February, just deal with it.

As for GameFly, other than a handful of times, I've had to wait no longer than 4 days from when I ship my games out, until I recieve the newer ones. And with the new system, scanning when taken to PO for faster turn around, some times it gets here within 2 days, but most are 3-4, except for long weekends =\.[/QUOTE]

it really isnt free since i had to pay to get the monoploy pieces last year yea i might not be paying 22 per month but i still paid for those pieces. Also when you say Take to PO.. do you have to take it to the PO to get them to scan it or will the scan them if i just drop it in a box

With the 360 coming out soon I am going to get an online gaming account. I was with gamefly for 6+ months before the new PO system and the turnaroung was unbearable at times 8-16 days. The normal was 13-14 days and many games lost in the mail usually on the way to me.

I am thinking of going with Game Drive, intothegame or intelliflix. Anyone know anything about intelliflix or intothegame?

With the 360 games being $50-$60 I would like to rent instead of owning.

[quote name='spoo']

I am thinking of going with Game Drive, intothegame or intelliflix. Anyone know anything about intelliflix or intothegame?

With the 360 games being $50-$60 I would like to rent instead of owning.[/QUOTE]
Anyone? Bump

Numb Thumb Games is horrible. I did the free trial and the turnaround time averaged 8 days (one thing took about 11). Additionally they don't give a grace period to return games after the trial ends, so I got charged for a month because I wasn't able to return the games on time (I would've had to cancel a week before it ended).

Is anyone else having a problem with Gamechoice.com website? I cant even get the site to load for the last 2 days. I hope that they didnt shut down!

I cant get it to load either...I had it loading yesterday, what happened?!?!
I sent a game back Wednesday last week...and have been waiting for a new one, and havent got a thing...I just sent back Live today.. this is crazy.
What happened?! Anyone else having this problem?!

I've tried both Gamefly and Gamelender....and I prefer Gamefly.

Both services have their distribution centers in California (Los Angeles area for Gamefly and San Jose for Gamelender) and shipping to me (in Pleasanton, Ca) usually takes about 2 days, so they are tied in that regard.

I've been with Gamefly for 1.5 years and they've been good to me. But Gamelender rents out Playstation 1 games, and that sold me. I actually have service with both right now but will cancel my Gamelender subscription before this month is up since they never, ever, ever have any of the games in my queue in stock. I've been waiting for about 3 weeks now and Gamelender only managed to get one game in stock (Battalion Wars for the Gamecube.) This is unacceptable.

In short, Gamefly is great, and Gamelender may claim to have 7,000+ games in stock, but they never seem to have them available to actually rent.

Yeah looks like Gamerang got rid of their 14-day trial. Anyway living in Illinois, Gamefly was OK at first but like many customers, it got unbearable.

Now I use gamerang now and Im pretty happy with it. They have a great selection of games and they use tracking when they ship to you. I ussually get the games within 2 days, but takes 3-4 days to get the games back to them. With gamefly I takes 4-6 days each way.

If your living in the midwest, gamerang is a solid choice.

Gamechoice sent me an email that they would be down for the weekend (last weekend) but it is now friday, still no gamechoice, i sent them an email, no response. Angry I am.

I sent them an email yesterday and they responded with this:

"We should be send out an email update to our customers sometime
tomorrow. We will let you know what the situation is by then...

-GameChoice"

Hopefully we will get that update today. This downtime couldn't have come at a worse time with all these great games coming out.

Oh I know, I just sent back NBA 2k6 and RE4...i wish i hadnt now if i knew, but with Karaoke Revolution Party coming, as well as SvR2006, MM 06, College Hoops 06...I really wanted those to start coming. I am not happy at all. If gamerang still had a free trial i woulda signed up with them...what a dissappointing week.

Here's a slight update I received today:

"We are sorry for the delay - expect a big announcement on Monday regarding the future of our site...

-GameChoice"

Dear GameChoice Customers:

We apologize to all of our customers who have been in the dark this past
week, and we would like to give everyone an update regarding the status of
things here.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control we are going to have
to keep the GameChoice website down for the foreseeable future. While we
cannot say for sure whether or not we will ever be up and running again, we
can safely say that for the time being we will not be offering our service
to the public.

We ask that all customers please return all games on their accounts as soon
as possible. We ask that you please do this in a timely fashion so as to
avoid being charged for a game that is unreturned. All games not returned
with 15 days (by November 29th) will be subject to charge at our discretion.

With regards to refunds, any customer who wishes to request a refund for
their account must first return all their games to our warehouse. Once the
games have been returned you will be considered for a refund based on the
following criteria:

1) When your account was last charged.
2) When you returned your last game(s).

Note that refunds will only be given over the next 30 days (ending December
14th) so all requests must be processed by this day.

For all customers wondering where to go for their game rentals, we will
have another announcement shortly regarding a partnership we have made with
another game rental company that we would like to promote. Keep an eye on
our site (where this message will be displayed shortly along with the
promotion) in the coming days for message.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our customers for their
loyalty and their support. We very much enjoyed serving you and we
appreciate the kind words you have given us in our short time as a company.
We wish you all the best, and we wish you all happy gaming.

Sincerely,
Your Friends At GameChoice

PS: Our contact information once again, for anyone who needs to contact us,
regarding the status of their account or queue is:

Phone: (516) 355-5264 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM)
Email: [email protected]

Damn

[quote name='theenforcer1']Darn.... I live in New York, whats the best way to go. how long does gamefly take with their fast return? How long does Gamerang take...[/QUOTE]

I resubscribed to GameFly since they offered a month for only 14 bucks, and with Fast Return it takes maybe 4-5 days instead of the 6-10 days without it. I'll probably stick with GameFly for now.

Also, Gamerang took about 2-3 days for me.

I just signed up with Gamefly because of the FastReturn service and as for Gamerang, I was a member for two months and have nothing good to say about them. It took about a week and a half for most of my games to get back to them. I live in upstate New York and they were shipped to New Jersey, so there is definitely something going on there. Other people say good things about them, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them.

I've used Gamefly for the last two years and find their service and selection excellent. I live in CA, however, so the shipping speeds aren't as much of a factor. I've rented maybe close to 100 games from them, never had any problems except for the occasional lost in the mail game (maybe 3 or 4 times total) and when this happened they immediately sent the next game in my queue, no questions asked. I changed my plan (from 2/month to 1) and did it via their webpage, with no problems whatsoever. I've only bought one game from them, but it was in pristine condition. All in all, I highly recommend them, if you live in CA.

I had both Gamerang and Gamefly till today when I cancelled Gamerang. When I first signed up for Gamerang I did so since I lived about 50 miles from the distribution center in OK so I'd send back a game and in 1-2 days the next one would be on its way to me and I would receive it the day after. At least until recently. Last monday I returned both games to Gamerang and sent one back to Gamefly. The saturday of that week I got my next game from gamefly but Gamerang didnt even process my returns until this monday a week later and still didnt process sending any new games out to me. They must be getting slammed during the holiday season or something, but that combined with their weak selection on new games was the last straw for me.

i dont see how gamefly is getting away with this so called fast return service ... i had nothing but problems with them for the last 2 weeks now.. it takes 3 days for a game to be returned to them , but fast shipping they scan it the night you drop the game off... so this is what happened this week

I drop off World championship poker 2 Monday
I drop off Sulk. Tactics on Weds

well i check the webpage early Tuesday and WHAM nothing checked in. I check the webpage at 7am Est time TODAY (4am Pac) and it says Fast shipping and since the only game that can be check in is Sulk tactics (since WCP2 has been in the mail since monday) So it should fast shipping return so my next game ships out (mario kart)

okay so right now i have im on 3 at time

World poker 2
Sulk tactics
Smackdown vs raw
mario kart DS (shipping cause Tactics got fast returned)

I get a email few hours ago that they got poker 2 back today.. Okay so that knocks that game off my list so i should have 2 games shipping and i email them and this is what i get back

World championship poker 2 was fast returned

that is total BS cause the games are scanned at my post office , not there so there is no way in hell a Game could be Fast returned and Normal Returned at the same time . They are just screwing me out of sending out another game

they did the same thing last week and when i caught them they made up an excuse that they put the wrong dates in ( tuesday they said 2 games were fast returned but when only 1 shipped weds they came back and tried to say the 2nd game was never fast returned till Friday ) Total BS..

i cant belive im paying what 28.95 per month for this .

I signed back up with gamefly to give them a sencond non-deserving chance with a pre-paid $15 for the first month for 360 titles. I filled up my Q with instock 360 games for them to ship out one, then put short wait on the rest of them. fucking bastards! They got my money for the first month so now they don't give a rats ass.

Edit: I sent an Email to them and suddenly Condemned showed up as shipped after it had short wait on my list ;) :bouncy: :whistle2:#

got to love how gamefly keeps making stuff up.. got this right now in email

Discussion Thread
Response (Kevin W) 11/17/2005 02:09 PM

As stated previously, Mario Kart DS is in process of being shipped. It states this in your game Q. Also we do not get the FastReturn scans from local post offices. We get them from the distribution centers. We also get notice of the scan the next day. So it is very common for us to get the scan the day the game is returned.

Thank you,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

Yet this is what it states in their own FAQ

When you return a game in the mail, the U.S. Postal Service will scan the return and send a confirmation to us. We will then send the next available game in Your GameQ BEFORE we have received the game in our warehouse.

We will scan the game a second time when it arrives at our warehouse.

Your GameQ may temporarily show that you have more games out than your plan allows. This is because we are processing your next game via FastReturnTM. Your GameQ will be updated as soon as we receive the correct game in our warehouse.

NOTE: The USPS may not use scanning equipment in all locations. Therefore, not all GameFly subscribers may be able to participate in this service.

Man got to love how Gamefly Just #$##$$# makes up stuff. says right there POST OFFICE scan its now they are trying to say the post office dont. Just like they said last year they would have a East coast center set up by summer 05

I thought I would share my experiences with Gamefly so far during my first month. My first 2 games came in 4 days to upstate New York and when I sent one back, the post office (a distribution center for the post office) scanned it and the next day Gamefly did a FastReturn on my next game which came in 3 days. Also they received my game in 4 days. Hope this helps anybody that's curious of what GameFly is like for people on the East Coast.

Anybody know if/how I can get a 30 day trial for Gamefly? I'd like to try them out but for more than 14 days if possible since I'm on East Coast.

hey you bunch of cheap asses. just thought i post this because im the cheapest ass going

ive been reading this thread and a lot of you dont like wating for your games . right !!! i rent at www.iogc.net they just started this

Customers are permitted to keep their games as long or as brief as they wish, and they are under no obligation to return them as long as they are a member. When the customer is ready to return one or more of their games, they simply place it in the supplied postage-paid return envelope and mail it back individually from any other's they may have, since each video Game arrives with its own return mailer.

When you know you are ready to have your next selections sent out, we encourage the customer to use the "Return Button" that is associated with every game on there game list page. When a customer uses this button it tells us that the customer is nearly done with their current selection. We encourage the customer to play there current games untill the new selection arrives. This way you always have the games that you are paying for to play. Once your new games have arrived you mail back the old ones. Of course you can still mail back any game that you do not want any more, but then you will be with out games while you wait for your next selection.

heres a link to the page
http://iogc.net/about.php?osCsid=1d5879b38093f1f09aa5b9e6bcb5c5a8

and for you game traders out there this site is wicked

www.itradevideogames.com

i have 360 games for trade - miss it or weep -lol

[quote name='vsftie']hey you bunch of cheap asses. just thought i post this because im the cheapest ass going

ive been reading this thread and a lot of you dont like wating for your games . right !!! i rent at www.iogc.net they just started this

Customers are permitted to keep their games as long or as brief as they wish, and they are under no obligation to return them as long as they are a member. When the customer is ready to return one or more of their games, they simply place it in the supplied postage-paid return envelope and mail it back individually from any other's they may have, since each video Game arrives with its own return mailer.

When you know you are ready to have your next selections sent out, we encourage the customer to use the "Return Button" that is associated with every game on there game list page. When a customer uses this button it tells us that the customer is nearly done with their current selection. We encourage the customer to play there current games untill the new selection arrives. This way you always have the games that you are paying for to play. Once your new games have arrived you mail back the old ones. Of course you can still mail back any game that you do not want any more, but then you will be with out games while you wait for your next selection.

heres a link to the page
http://iogc.net/about.php?osCsid=1d5879b38093f1f09aa5b9e6bcb5c5a8

and for you game traders out there this site is wicked

www.itradevideogames.com

i have 360 games for trade - miss it or weep -lol[/QUOTE]

About Us

IOGC is out to revolutionize the way people rent games, by bringing the concept of renting video games to the Internet, and leaving the associated un-pleasantries in the video stores. People have a desire for convenience when renting video games. Unfortunately, this is just what traditional video stores are lacking. Before IOGC, renting a game involved driving to the local video store, browsing an often inadequate and dissatisfactory selection, interacting with a clerk, and having to worry about due dates, late fees and waiting in line.

ummm i think they are a little late if they are going to revloutionize the way people rent video games by renting them off the internet.. hate to pop their bubble but there was about 100x places before them and there will be that many more after this goes belly up

got to love how gamefly will not allow you to change plans now ... i was in the 2months and switched up to the 3months last month. well i emailed them asking to be moved down to the 2 months cause online i can only upgrade to 4 games.

i was told

You have to stay in the 3 games at a time for at least 2 months before you can downgrade. what kind of bullshit is that...

also i just returned 2 games and everything on my list was NOW they get my games back today and everyone on my list is SHORT WAIT... total BS

and what is even worse is they took the phones off the hook and you can only talk to them by email now and half the times they dont even email you back. screw them just liek screw tru

I tried gamerang for a month and cancelled. Their web interface and whatnot was fine but the shipping times were awful. I live in CT, the distro center was NJ very very close. The first game arrived within 3 days, was very pleased. I returned it, it took them 5 days to receive and another 4 days to ship... so a total of 9 days inbetween games. Returned it again to see if it a fluke. Took another 4 days for them to receive it and Im still waiting for them to ship a game (Got a total of 2 games for the entire month) so I can return it to them as I already cancelled. If I'm basically a couple states over and its taking that long, I don't even wanna think about living further away from the distro center. I will try gamefly next.

You know I just got my xbox 360 and decided to try an online rental site, but thought I'd do my research first. Now I'm more confused than ever. I'm finding sites all over the place recommending places that tons of people say are horrible. I'm so frustrated, so am I reading wrong? It seems like they are all crap especially for east coasters like myself. Netflix should add games! Is it too much to ask for an online rental place that offers reasonable prices, reasonable turn around time and good customer service?

Carla

Yeah I use gamerang and live in Florida, but their center for me is located in OK. Anybody know of a good location for Floridians. Gamefly took too long.

hmm i noticed gameznflix has combined forces with CC. it seems they now have a keep it option wonder if theya re any better

I tried gamelender.com just recently and it wasnt good at all. First off it wont matter WHERE you live, even if your close and your games only take a day or 2 I wouldnt reccomend. See the problem is that while they boast the "largest selection" of any service...they must not have very many copies of games. Every single game I placed on my list but 2 of them, even stuff like Resident Evil 4 thats new came up at the very least short wait, and most were listed as long wait. Add in that it did take 4 or 5 days to get my games then 4 or 5 days for them to be returned and I give it a big thumbs down.

Gamefly I just resubscribed to. My first time using the service was horrible. The games all took 6-10 days to get to me, then several days to be returned to them. However now I got my first 2 games within 3 days, and when I returned them the SAME day I put them in the mailbox their fast return feature reconized it and emailed me my next game was sent out.

So id say try gamefly avoid gamelender. And to all those of you out there who are trying to find a service to use and cant decide, I reccomend just using the free trials from different companies. Most of these services have a free week or 10 day trial. You can use that to see if you get your game in a reasonable amount of time, and that the shipping back isnt too horrible either.

I also would say be leary if they dont have a free trial. Again gamelender.com didnt....and I think the reason is they know no one would use their service after seeing how crappy they are.

Want to bump this, but I also want to take back what I said about gamefly. The first game or two they sent got to me lightining fast, and those I returned just as fast. But since then everything has been snail slow. Iv now been waiting a week on one game and over a week on the other....and they have yet to even RECEIVE them yet. I emailed them about it last tuesday, and iv also not even received a response. I wouldnt recommend them after all to anyone living on the east coast.

bad thing i dislike about gamefly is they send out games they dont have

What i mean by this

Game gets fast return today.... game in shipping is LONG WAIT

they should of skipped the game and sent the next game that is NOW

it adds another day to wait..

Bump.

Thought I'd mention my experiences with IntoTheGame, which I've been using for a few months.

Pros:
- $10 per month for 1 game is lowest price I've found
- has games for "classic" systems, going back to the Sega CD
- reasonably prompt turnaround on returns

Cons
- website kinda sucks
- no indication of availability of titles, so no idea what in your queue will be sent next
- don't carry some of the quirkier / rarer titles out there
- "classic" game collection pretty limited

One time after I returned a game, I gotten an e-mail from them saying the next game in my queue was due to be released in a few days: did I want to wait for it or send the next available title in my queue immediately instead? That was a nice touch, I thought.

Since I live on the East Coast, it's about a one-week turnaround time on games, which is to be expected.

Overall, my experience has been mixed. I'm glad to have a cheap rental option, since I don't want to rent too many games; and turnaround time is pretty prompt. I just wish their website was better and they had more titles, maybe better availability as well.

EDIT: Didn't notice that the new-customer price for the 1 game per month plan is now $14, not $10; but they haven't raised my price from $10 per month...so far.

[quote name='unbongwah']Bump.

Thought I'd mention my experiences with IntoTheGame, which I've been using for a few months.

Pros:
- $10 per month for 1 game is lowest price I've found
- has games for "classic" systems, going back to the Sega CD
- reasonably prompt turnaround on returns

Cons
- website kinda sucks
- no indication of availability of titles, so no idea what in your queue will be sent next
- don't carry some of the quirkier / rarer titles out there
- "classic" game collection pretty limited

One time after I returned a game, I gotten an e-mail from them saying the next game in my queue was due to be released in a few days: did I want to wait for it or send the next available title in my queue immediately instead? That was a nice touch, I thought.

Since I live on the East Coast, it's about a one-week turnaround time on games, which is to be expected.

Overall, my experience has been mixed. I'm glad to have a cheap rental option, since I don't want to rent too many games; and turnaround time is pretty prompt. I just wish their website was better and they had more titles, maybe better availability as well.

EDIT: Didn't notice that the new-customer price for the 1 game per month plan is now $14, not $10; but they haven't raised my price from $10 per month...so far.[/QUOTE]

its sad but face it. gamefly is about the only way to go

My experience this year..

Gamefly still takes too much time.. for me, unless they fucking establish distribution centers on the midwest and east coast, its not worth it.

Gamerang, is so-so, turnaround is faster but if you game comes from a farther distrubution center then it gets longer. Their a bit better than gamefly on the time to get games to you, but they dont have as much copies as Gamefly so you'd be waiting for the new releases..same thing not worth it but a better choice than gamefly I think.

I've never understood the complaints about the timing for Gamefly shipping. I've used the service for more than 2 years and only once had a shipping issue. I guess I dont worry about when the game shows up because I always am playing the other game I received. Still, when I get the games in my mailbox, I'm generally surprised -- thinking that the game would have showed up a few days later.

[quote name='nevposey']I've never understood the complaints about the timing for Gamefly shipping. I've used the service for more than 2 years and only once had a shipping issue. I guess I dont worry about when the game shows up because I always am playing the other game I received. Still, when I get the games in my mailbox, I'm generally surprised -- thinking that the game would have showed up a few days later.[/QUOTE]

gamefly still charges way too much cash. you can go rent games at your local video store for the same price or cheaper

[quote name='slidecage']gamefly still charges way too much cash. you can go rent games at your local video store for the same price or cheaper[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a video rental store with the selection that Gamefly does. In my experience, video stores tend to order a bunch of copies of the popular games and none of the niche games. And don't even bother looking for DS or GBA games. And considering the number of games that I rent through Gamefly a month, it would cost far more to rent them at the store than through Gamefly.

bread's done
Back