(OOS) $20 XBL 12 mo UPDATE: YMMV with in-store price-match

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
i just went to brooklyn ny sears in kings plaza they had 2 of them . the guy scan it is not 20 bucks. that sucks!!...the guy told me is a online only deals...!!!

[quote name='kicker_of_elves']Nope the 3 months cards are down too. :([/QUOTE]
The 3-month XBL Subscription is still up. Are you sure you clicked the right one, hah.

Eh can't really call the three month a deal.. It's about 40bucks for a year if I buy the three months but $40 12 month subscriptions aren't too hard to come by these days...

I'll pass. Thanks for the heads up however!

why not print out a copy of the web page and bring it into best buy or something and do a local price match (since Sears is often local). If the salesperson doesnt know anything about video games, it might work....right?

I got in on the $20 12-month card. $24 after tax and ship. I almost went for 2 of them, but that's future self's problem.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']The 3-month XBL Subscription is still up.[/QUOTE]

It might be your cache, it's 19.99 on my end.

Was gonna get a 3-month card but shipping is another $2.99 making the total $12.98 so I decided against it. Too bad they don't email the code for free

I picked up two at a Sears near Denver. They happily price matched the price on the website. Total out the door for 2 years of XBL membership - $42.96.

[quote name='cat_tango']Took a screenshot, printed it, and took it to Best Buy for pricematch. I got 3 years for $60.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could post the screenshot so we could try that out?

I love how you guys all got lucky with the price match at Best Buy. Those incompetent scumbags at all 3 stores near me absolutely REFUSED to do it and gave me the weirdest looks; how DARE I try to use a printout to price match such an item. I just wish for once that I would get lucky and get a manager or even an employee that had the slightest clue of what they were doing and actually felt like not being an asshole for once in their mediocre lives.

[quote name='cat_tango']Took a screenshot, printed it, and took it to Best Buy for pricematch. I got 3 years for $60.[/QUOTE]
Damn, very nice. Congrats. You gonna keep it all, or make some profits?

[quote name='vessey632']I picked up two at a Sears near Denver. They happily price matched the price on the website. Total out the door for 2 years of XBL membership - $42.96.[/QUOTE]

wow, you got them at a good time. I went to the Sears near Littleton and I bought one online and picked that one up fine. Then they had 1 more left in the xbox section and they refused to price match it even though I JUST picked on up at that price... oh well, wont get greedy :).

could someone who has the screenshot with the price on
please post it I can't even get the 12 month to show up at all
on sears.com

[quote name='La_z_but']could someone who has the screenshot with the price on
please post it I can't even get the 12 month to show up at all
on sears.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if anyone could PM me the pic as well?

Here's my screenshot that I took into BB:

4s0i6u.jpg

If you want to get it full-size for printing, then in Firefox you can right-click and go to View Image. Also, I took it through the main register line and not customer service, and she didn't even have to call someone over for a price override.

Thanks a bilion cat_tango. Heres to hoping it works tomorow... And shouldnt we be able to get that Sherlock Holmes thing for free too??

[quote name='cat_tango']Here's my screenshot that I took into BB:

4s0i6u.jpg

If you want to get it full-size for printing, then in Firefox you can right-click and go to View Image. Also, I took it through the main register line and not customer service, and she didn't even have to call someone over for a price override.[/QUOTE]
Thank you cat_tango, I updated the OP with your pic.

if anyone is interested in me buying a code off of them and them emailing it to me... PM me... i will pay up to 30 bucks via paypal for it

[quote name='DaRegulator']wow, you got them at a good time. I went to the Sears near Littleton and I bought one online and picked that one up fine. Then they had 1 more left in the xbox section and they refused to price match it even though I JUST picked on up at that price... oh well, wont get greedy :).[/QUOTE]
I Went to the one on North Washington.

Man, this is some deal, if only I cared for xblg. I just don't see the benefit of spending money to play online when that's not my thing. If it were points then that would a different story.

i can confirm this. I took print out of sears webpage and got it priced matched at San Bruno Best Buy. I showed 'em the print out and they matched it w/o question nor a call to Sears. I got 2 for myself and my buddy snabbed 4.

[quote name='yruluis']Man, this is some deal, if only I cared for xblg. I just don't see the benefit of spending money to play online when that's not my thing. If it were points then that would a different story.[/QUOTE]

so why reply? pointless. good deal, pick it up while you can..

[quote name='bkforyou']i can confirm this. I took print out of sears webpage and got it priced matched at San Bruno Best Buy. I showed 'em the print out and they matched it w/o question nor a call to Sears. I got 2 for myself and my buddy snabbed 4.[/QUOTE]

Where's San Bruno???

I still have the 12 month card sitting in my sears cart but there is no way to pick up within 100 miles of me. I know my local Sears has cards, I'm hoping to take a print-out of my cart tomorrow and convince them it mistakenly thinks they are out of stock but I'd like to pick it up there anyway. Worth a go.

I have a 12 month for sale/trade... I am looking for M$ POINTS!!! or PSN...

a 4000 pt card perhaps? or two 1600 pt(s)...

Went to the Salinas, CA Sears - all gone.
Went around the corner to Best Buy - there were still a lot. Got 4 PMed without any problems. Still about 12 left.

Thanks OP, and Sears picture poster.

bread's done
Back