[OOS] Bioshock 2 and Bioshock 1 for $39 @ WM.com?!

megaman187

CAG Veteran
All these Bs2 deals mean the game must have sold way below what was expected and there is a lot of stock to clear. Wouldn't be surprised to see it fall to $20 by fall.

[quote name='kawikabot']Nice, I was able to price match this on amazon, just had to send them an email. Give it a shot![/QUOTE]

where do i send an e-mail?

[quote name='kawikabot']Nice, I was able to price match this on amazon, just had to send them an email. Give it a shot![/QUOTE]

Price match for cheaper and free shipping, now that's a true CAG

[quote name='draven1089']Price match for cheaper and free shipping, now that's a true CAG[/QUOTE]

Saved on tax too! :bouncy:

Did you buy it first then have them PM or ask them before you ordered?

normally id be bugged by paying the extra $4 bucks getting in on the deal with walmart, but just too stoked getting both games for less than $45 shipped.

[quote name='One4Deuce']These games don't really interest me but with the great reviews they've received I'm pretty tempted.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of shooters, but I really enjoyed these. The story and atmosphere is really, really well done. The first one is particularly easy to get into--intuitive interface, low combat difficulty, no inventory to manage, etc. The second gets a bit more challenging.

I was hoping this would go down to this price on Amazon, I'm going to give this pricematch request a shot, but I dont think itll happen

couldn't pass this up. I just finished BioShock 1 last week and have been wanting the second one ever since. I had it in my cart yesterday, but it was OOS by the time I checked out. Glad to see it back up! Even though I already have Bioshock, I figure I can sell it, trade it, or trade it back in, and end up with Bioshock 2 for $30 or less. Not too bad at all.

[quote name='confoosious']hey guys, I just started bioshock 2... does Bioshock 1 have the help arrow as well? The one that guides you where to go?[/QUOTE]

yeah it does. you can turn it off too I think

I'm not sure if I should pick this up. I already own the first, and I don't think I'll even play the 2nd immediately. By the time I get around to it, it'll probably be 29 to 39 anyway.

I suppose I could just playthrough it and trade it in while the value is still high

Just jumped on both (PS3). Would have gotten the 360 version, but worried that it might be the Platinum hits version.

All the bitching yesterday about how you couldn't order the CE Bioshock 2 with Bioshock 1 for free, and not a single person in this thread got the CE since you can do it from Walmart. Amazing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah it does. you can turn it off too I think[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I really like the quest arrow. I just want to shoot shit and get the story, not figure out where to go.

Of course, after just saying that, the quest arrow has completely disappeared on me and I can't find my way to the train maintenance area.

When does the arrow decide to appear?

I suck at FPS

ARGH!

Wal-Mart cancelled my order due to Paypal unable to authorize my transaction, even though Paypal had no issues whatsoever.

I'm stuck trying to make sure I take care of this mess before I even think about ordering again.

:bomb:

[quote name='confoosious']Thanks. I really like the quest arrow. I just want to shoot shit and get the story, not figure out where to go.

Of course, after just saying that, the quest arrow has completely disappeared on me and I can't find my way to the train maintenance area.

When does the arrow decide to appear?

I suck at FPS[/QUOTE]

To verify what was said, both games have the quest arrow and it can be turned off (so can usable item shimmer, which is another convenient feature).

Dumb question, but you know there's an overhead map, right? It can be really confusing in levels with multiple floors, but it should get you around in a pinch.

The arrow should appear whenever you have an active quest. If someone told you to meet them at the maintenance area, it should be there...?

[quote name='ryushe']Just jumped on both (PS3). Would have gotten the 360 version, but worried that it might be the Platinum hits version.[/QUOTE]
ii think i may jump on this deal, but whats wrong with platinum hits version?

[quote name='jab1235']ii think i may jump on this deal, but whats wrong with platinum hits version?[/QUOTE]

Nothing. Some people are anal about the cover art.

I know Walmart is evil and whatever....but damn they're fast...

Email confirmation of order yesterday 12:35p
Scanned Fedex label yesterday 1:55p

80 minutes and my stuff is ready and on its way!!!

[quote name='jab1235']ii think i may jump on this deal, but whats wrong with platinum hits version?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='javeryh']Nothing. Some people are anal about the cover art.[/QUOTE]Well, yea. Pretty much. It's just really, really ugly to me. Plus I need to build up my PS3 collection. :p

I just got confirmation that both items shipped. The best part is that the email they sent said if I want to return anything I can print the email (it has a bar code) and bring it in to a B&M store. The receipt broke my order into $25 for Bioshock 2 and $14 for Bioshock. After I return Bioshock the total price on Bioshock 2 will be $25. Great deal.

[quote name='javeryh']I just got confirmation that both items shipped. The best part is that the email they sent said if I want to return anything I can print the email (it has a bar code) and bring it in to a B&M store. The receipt broke my order into $25 for Bioshock 2 and $14 for Bioshock. After I return Bioshock the total price on Bioshock 2 will be $25. Great deal.[/QUOTE]
good call. i'll probably be doing the same.

Wish I would've seen this sooner - the gf just beat the first one, and REALLY wants the second one. This would've been perfect for her!

bread's done
Back