[OOS] Rygar (PS2) $5 new at ebgames!

[quote name='rallen']That will teach me. I added Rygar to my cart, started shopping around, and

BOOM

It was gone at checkout![/quote]

Same. There were 9. I thought about getting them all, but decided not to, because that would make me a bit of an ass. Turns out someone decided to go the other way.

Same thing for me, added to cart and went to check out but it was gone. :(

Oh, well. *slides credit card back into wallet*

I wonder if it'll go up in value. I personally didn't like the game at all. *shrug* Reminded me too much of DMC and I thought why play a copy when the original is fine?

I was about to get 2 copies because I didn't want to get a pre-played PSone game (to qualify for the free shipping) but I didn't want to get greedy and just got Omega Boost instead.

I'm surprised how quickly the whole stock went... I can't believe I spent 30-minutes researching whether or not to buy a $2.99 game! I almost missed out on the deal but was able to checkout a few minutes before you guys started reporting OOS.

Gamespot had 8-minute video review and I was reading all the reviews at IGN and the ones posted at Gametabs... next time, I'm going to screw the research and just buy the game ASAP since I can always cancel later.

Anyone else here research games or do you guys just checkout right away?

sucks that somebody ate them all up

i've been wanting this one forever :(

sucks to not be sitting at home and checking CAG every 20 mins too :(

[quote name='gsr']sucks that somebody ate them all up

sucks to not be sitting at home and checking CAG every 20 mins too :([/quote]

:-({|=

[quote name='gsr']sucks that somebody ate them all up

:-({|=

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']I think there are still 100 left, so I'll order later if it's still there.[/quote]
Famous last words.[/quote]

Oh well, it's OOS, but if I didn't have a credit card at my fingertips, so I couldn't get it anyways.

Plus I've bought enough cheap games that I have to beat.

If anyone who got one can forward me their order confirmation, I can get the B & M to price match and hopefully pick up some for the people that missed it.

Dave

[quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='gsr']sucks that somebody ate them all up

:-({|=[/quote]

OMFG! It's the world's smallest violin! Did you get it at Walmart?

[quote name='EndlessChris']I kind of doubt you'll find an EB with new copies of Rygar still in stock.[/quote]

Guess it was a good thing I checked my EB before posting :roll:

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker'][quote name='EndlessChris']I kind of doubt you'll find an EB with new copies of Rygar still in stock.[/quote]

Guess it was a good thing I checked my EB before posting :roll:

Dave[/quote]

zing

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I just came from a B&M EB. Rygar rung up at $20.99.[/quote]

I found the same price at two locations. $20.99 at both places.

[quote name='MightySlacker']If anyone who got one can forward me their order confirmation, I can get the B & M to price match and hopefully pick up some for the people that missed it.

Dave[/quote]

If you do get it pricematched would you mind picking one up for me? Please.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']This is front page material.....if it comes back in stock.[/quote]

Of course it is, but as expected, it sold out so soon, its probably not worth putting it there.
If they had a 1 per customer limit, then thats another story.

Time after time I've missed out on these Rygar deals at EB. Finally!! I got mine for $2.99 and my bundle includes Sydney 2000. It's Olympics and it'll suck, but it's cheaper than shipping.

[quote name='ragtop70']Time after time I've missed out on these Rygar deals at EB. Finally!! I got mine for $2.99 and my bundle includes Sydney 2000. It's Olympics and it'll suck, but it's cheaper than shipping.[/quote]

Sydney 2000 isn't that bad of a game, some of the events are fun.

Well, since I just barely missed this deal yesterday, I figured I'd hit up the local store. They did have Rygar, but it rang up at 11.99 for a new copy (or they also had pre-played for 12.99!). I just checked ebgames.com and Rygar is available again.....but for 20.99. Oh well.

On a side note, I checked Culdcept based on the other posts and was actually able to get that for the 2.99. It was the last copy so was a display item, but I can handle that for the price. Sticker price on both games was still 19.99.

They do this all the time. This is like the fifth game I've seen that had the wrong price on the site. The funny thing is that they always catch the mistake but when it is way to late.

I got MofH: Rising Sun one day from them on PS2 for $4.99 when it was suppose to be $14.99.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I didn't have my CC with me yesterday and couldn't order it.[/quote]

That's why you memorize your CC number and expiration dates, just in case you need them. Besides, this way if your wallet is ever lost or stolen, you don't have to worry about anyone using your credit card (which you left at home).

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']I didn't have my CC with me yesterday and couldn't order it.[/quote]

That's why you memorize your CC number and expiration dates, just in case you need them. Besides, this way if your wallet is ever lost or stolen, you don't have to worry about anyone using your credit card (which you left at home).[/quote]

That's...actually a good idea! :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']I didn't have my CC with me yesterday and couldn't order it.[/quote]

That's why you memorize your CC number and expiration dates, just in case you need them. Besides, this way if your wallet is ever lost or stolen, you don't have to worry about anyone using your credit card (which you left at home).[/quote]

That's...actually a good idea! :)[/quote]

Even better is to get them tatooed on the inside of you eyelids. That way you'll never forget.

I can remember buying this when it was new at $50 because of anticipation and hype. I was somewhat disappointed with the game, just didn't have the "Rygar feel" in my opinion. The original on the NES is much better. But for 3 bucks, or even 10, it's well worth it.

Got this one when it first went to $10 at EB a couple years ago. Slow-paced, repetitive enemies, but very good-looking environments and some boss fights will pull you through to the end. If it had more polish in the scipt/translation/voice acting and put more effort into enemy variety it could have been great instead of good.

I wonder what it is that makes them price this at $20.99 instead of something more common like $19.99.

Isn't it obvious?

We need a CAG mole working for the online divisions of EB and Gamestop.

You mean I was supposed to put 49.99 instead of 4.99 for RE4? GOSH I'M SORRY.

bread's done
Back