(oos)Star Trek The Next Generation Complete Series $99.00 + shipping

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
GoHastings has Star Trek The Next Generation The Complete Series [gohastings.com] for $69.99 with $2.28 shipping. Add in coupon code GHWES1110 for $5 off. 49 disc set. This is by far the cheapest I've ever seen the whole series go for. Works out to less than $10 a season.
This is on slickdeals so it won't last

Looks like u need to be logged in to use the coupon maybe

Edit back in stock for 99.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - If anyone decides they don't need it, I'll buy it off of them. I was looking at picking one up for my brother for Christmas.

I never got a shipping email and on the order page it shows the status as canceled, but under order status it says Completed via Standard Shipping. I doubt I'll get it though.

Holy crap, this might've actually gone through, the site still says shipped and has a USPS tracking number! My cc still hasn't been charged though...

[quote name='JP']
I've seen some reports of discs having problems playing, did you come across that with your set? I bought this as a gift for my dad and if they aren't going to play right then that's just going to piss me off.[/QUOTE]

Yes, absolutely. About half of the discs had at least some skipping right out of the box, and a couple had episodes which simply wouldn't play.

I don't regret owning it, but I can't emphasize enough that of all the full-series box sets I own (and I own quite a few) this one is by far the worst in terms of packaging and overall quality of what they've put together. It's not particularly close either.

It's a crying shame that such a dedicated fanbase has to put up with crap like this set.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything or sound like an asshole, but are you sure your GF didn't accidentally pick up a bootleg copy? I just want to make absolute certain because that's gonna suck if some episodes don't play period.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm not trying to insinuate anything or sound like an asshole, but are you sure your GF didn't accidentally pick up a bootleg copy? I just want to make absolute certain because that's gonna suck if some episodes don't play period.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, it's a legit question. Yes, I'm sure it's the real set - I've seen the bootlegs.

Truth be told when I first got it I thought the same thing "this packaging is so shitty, there's no way this is a commercial release." But yeah, it is. :bomb:

[quote name='bvharris']Missed this entirely.. Oh well, I already have it, my GF bought it for me for X-mas a couple years ago, though for a lot more than this..

I didn't read the whole thread but I'm sure it's been mentioned: The packaging for this series is the standard by which all horrible dvd packaging is measured. The DVDs come in flimsly plastic trays which are TAPED together, and it falls apart within about 5 seconds. There's really no adequate description for how terrible it is, so suffice to say for those who got them you should get the DVDs out of the cases and into something safer ASAP. The whole thing just screams of "we know these nerds will buy this no matter what, so who cares how it's packaged" which is hardly unique in complete-series sets. It's a shame, because I would LOVE a well done collector's set of one of my favorite shows ever.[/QUOTE]

I bought this off a dude on Ebay, brand new and $100 bucks and thought I was getting a steal.

I was so disappointed to see that it came in flimsy holders with packaging tape! They couldn't even create a bonding holder?? I assumed it was a bootleg, but I did a video screenshot comparison with my official Star Trek season set, and I didn't see much difference.

Glad to know it is not a real bootleg.

Kind of sad when a retail package makes people suspect it's bootleg. I would have bought this if I'd gotten the chance, but I'd rather have the old complete series set, which was basically just the individual seasons sold together.

[quote name='bvharris']That's fine, it's a legit question. Yes, I'm sure it's the real set - I've seen the bootlegs.

Truth be told when I first got it I thought the same thing "this packaging is so shitty, there's no way this is a commercial release." But yeah, it is. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
That's downright bizarre that they would sell a complete set that had broken episodes. Not a single problem with my individual seasons, but they all of a sudden have a problem with printing these discs? Eff you Paramount.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That's downright bizarre that they would sell a complete set that had broken episodes. Not a single problem with my individual seasons, but they all of a sudden have a problem with printing these discs? Eff you Paramount.[/QUOTE]

I have Season 1-3 from back in the day (eventually dropping $100 a piece on them got prohibitive) and those discs all work perfectly to this day. It's bizarre they could do such a nice job on the individual seasons and completely crap all over the complete set, but that's hardly unique in the industry.

Your sentiment is spot on, Paramount has zero respect for Star Trek fans and basically zero idea how to successfully use or manage this powerful license.

when i get mine im gonna try to marathon watch every episode in a week :) i will let you know if episodes dont work on mine

Not counting bonus features, just under 135 hours. :D It's do-able in theory, but you need to watch a little over 19 hours a day. Good luck my friend.

That's not counting watching The Best of Both Worlds part 1, sighing, leaning back in your chair and letting it sink in for five minutes before watching part 2.

Please let us know if you have problems playing any of the discs. I'm very worried after reading reviews. My order shipped on Monday, haven't received it yet. Thanks :)

[quote name='drsone']Please let us know if you have problems playing any of the discs. I'm very worried after reading reviews. My order shipped on Monday, haven't received it yet. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Any idea which episodes / disks I should try? Or is it random?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Not counting bonus features, just under 135 hours. :D It's do-able in theory, but you need to watch a little over 19 hours a day. Good luck my friend.

That's not counting watching The Best of Both Worlds part 1, sighing, leaning back in your chair and letting it sink in for five minutes before watching part 2.[/QUOTE]

lol 19 hours a day :shock: maybe not lol I do have a day job ill try to do it in a month then

My cc was finally charged, and my tracking # shows it coming. I guess it's for real! I won't be going for the iron man marathon ala bredbu, but I'll let you know if there's any problems. I plan on starting at Ep 1 and watching a few eps/night. I should be done in about a year, lol.

Kind of off-topic, but has anyone bought used dvds from gohastings.com before? They have some pretty good deals today like the Spider-Man movies and Watchmen for less than $1 used. Just curious on what the condition is like with their used products, are they complete or just the discs etc?

[quote name='drsone']Kind of off-topic, but has anyone bought used dvds from gohastings.com before? They have some pretty good deals today like the Spider-Man movies and Watchmen for less than $1 used. Just curious on what the condition is like with their used products, are they complete or just the discs etc?[/QUOTE]

I bought used stuff from gohastings on Amazon, everything I've gotten has always been in excellent condition

Damn! I think they canceled. I just checked my account and the money they took out seems to be back.

2385526c.jpg

lets not comment on the creepy clown figures

So wait, they decide to cancel my order because they don't have any more, yet now it's back In Stock on their website? Oh they are so getting a call about this Monday morning!

I logged in my account and showed canceled. Its kind of crappy to just cancel without emailing. I sent an email with my displeasure considering this was the first time I've ordered from them. I wish Amazon would have had this for the price.

[quote name='keithp']WTF, it's back in stock at $238!! Everyone that got cancelled on should really bitch them out.[/QUOTE]

yea it seems like they just didnt want to fufill so many orders that cheap its kinda bs. if your order cancelled call em and complain

[quote name='kingkiller33']Well thanks for hoarding, jerk.[/QUOTE]
I don't think two is hoarding. I almost ordered two myself. I ended up only getting one and that one is going to my dad. The other one, if I had ordered a 2nd one, would've been for me.

[quote name='JP']I don't think two is hoarding. I almost ordered two myself. I ended up only getting one and that one is going to my dad. The other one, if I had ordered a 2nd one, would've been for me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Now if there were 10 it would be hoarding but not two. I would have also ordered 2, but unfortunately didn't even get to order one.

Mine arrived today. :)

I'd also ordered a Harry Potter movie and they shipped me the Full Screen version instead of widescreen, oh well. :(

[quote name='JP']I don't think two is hoarding. I almost ordered two myself. I ended up only getting one and that one is going to my dad. The other one, if I had ordered a 2nd one, would've been for me.[/QUOTE]

Still he got two sets, and my order was canceled. NOT FAIR!

Just received mine. Perfect Condition. Ya the packaging isn't amazing...but nowhere near as bad as described...No broken parts, no loose discs...I could not be happier. Best Black Friday deal by far!

Just got off the phone with their Customer Service. Apparently even through it's showing up as In Stock at the link in the OP the lady looked it up in their computers and it's showing up as out of stock on her end. Tried telling her I was willing to wait for it to be back in stock so long as they would still honor the original price but she was having nothing of that. Asked to talk to her supervisor; she leaves for a few minutes, comes back and says she has been authorized to give me a $25 giftcard. I guess that's better than nothing but I'm still very annoyed I didn't get the set :cry:.

Mine is out for delivery right now. Even though it is a gift for my dad I'm definitely going to go ahead and open it and check for any problems with the disc playback or with scratched/wrong discs. Easier to get a replacement or refund closer to purchase than waiting until after Christmas.

Mine is inching ever so closer to me. It's taken a loooong time for this thing to ship across the country. If it ever arrives, I hope it will be worth the wait.

Well the packaging meets all the complaints I had seen about the kit. Not surprising really. The cases it has could probably hold up well as long as you open and flip through the casings slowly. I did notice that some of the discs did show the printed slightly off kilter of center that people had mentioned. Granted I have seen that other DVD boxsets as well so I can't lay blame all on that. Started watching disc 1 now. Now to seek out any playback issues.

Mine arrived today. I echo JP's thoughts on the packaging, but I think I'll be the only one handling the set so hopefully if I'm careful it'll be ok. The discs and the whole package is mint at least. And this is by far the best Black Friday deal I've ever gotten! Thank you CAG and OP!!!

bread's done
Back