Operation Lock Down OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to cut a college promo, Mojimbo, but I'm too tired.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So did I. After high school I was like "I'm going to take a year off to figure things out"...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Did you "find yourself"?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Did you "find yourself"?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I was trying to find myself. I wanted to figure out what major I wanted to pursue.

This isn't my career.

I'm not a man who identifies himself by his job.

I have this job to pay my bills.

One day, when the time is right, I'll allow myself to make an income on my artwork -- and that won't be my "job".

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yeah, that Sympathy for the Devil chart in GH5 is pretty great. :|

(I would purchase Sticky Fingers in RB as DLC, though.)No way. Also, Monday is Labor Day.[/QUOTE]

I'd like some select tracks as DLC, mainly off of Exile on Main Street, Between the Buttons, and Aftermath.

The Stones have some good stuff, don't get me wrong, but to suggest they're even on the same echelon as The Beatles, much less surpass them defines absurdity.

Wow, someone doesnt know their history

Just saw a commerical for Gamer and they said the last time Gerald Butler kicked this much ass in a movie, it was set 300 years ago... #-o

[quote name='Brak']What did you want to pursue, LinkinPrime?[/QUOTE]

I never decided 100% but I want to get involved with graphic arts.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never decided 100% but I want to get involved with graphic arts.[/QUOTE]
At least go take the Adobe Illustrator course, and you can run side-by-side with ReRo's -> cough

Let us know when you pass that Shoot the Suction Cup Arrows at Your Monitor course at The University of ITT Tech, JolietJake.

LinkinPrime, I'm tellin' you, man... if you take the Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects courses, and throw in Video Editing 1, you'll become ReRo's rival.

The magic of chroma key.

[quote name='Brak']LinkinPrime, I'm tellin' you, man... if you take the Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects courses, and throw in Video Editing 1, you'll become ReRo's rival.

The magic of chroma key.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I wonder how much $ he makes.

[quote name='TheRock88']Wow, someone doesnt know their history

Just saw a commerical for Gamer and they said the last time Gerald Butler kicked this much ass in a movie, it was set 300 years ago... #-o[/QUOTE]

I just saw the commercial.

I think he says, "The last time Gerald Butler kicked this much ass in a movie was 300, years ago."

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']An edumacation is an edumacation.[/QUOTE]
Depends on who's getting it.

Antwan Randle El.
====================
I took my sister to her high school orientation tonight which turned out to be a joke. They made a huge deal about graduating and going on to college, but all they require is that you pass 5 out of your 8 classes and one SOL (Standards of Learning) test. My sister said she already has 4 credits from middle school so all she has to do is pass English this year and she will be a 10th grader the next year. Public school is such a joke.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

There's really no good money in graphics design now a days though, there's too many people with the skills needed.
[/QUOTE]
That's a lie. Companies are just now starting to realize how important branding and company identity are, especially with how huge "social networking" has become. Lots of people have the skills, but few of them are actually any good.

Girlfriend's a graphic design major, graduated last year. She was hired a month after graduation with only an internship as experience, and she's making pretty decent money at a PR/advertising firm in Fullerton.

--
We're about to watch "Birth Of A Nation" in this class. It's about to get awkward.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

I wonder how much $ he makes.[/QUOTE]
Last I accidentally saw, being that he shoehorns "I'm a cerrrrrrrr-razy art student~" into every post, he's still milking out the whole college thing... so, who knows.

I tried out some art classes in college, made a couple pretty pictures...tried some graphic design and nearly died with boredom...the amount of time spent on the computer was mind numbingly boring and the instructor never tried to make it the least bit interesting.

I'd rather work in a kitchen.

I didn't like the digital graphic design classes I took.

I mean, it was good stuff to learn... but I prefer pencil and paper.

I have a hard time having fun with anything involving computers in school. It seems like every time we use computers as a class, people see it as a chance to dick around, but I just see it as extra work as opposed to writing everything down.

I remember when my high school upgraded from Apple IIs (seriously) to Dells with Windows ME...

The second day of computer class, every guy in the class downloaded emulators (there was one girl in the class), and it legit sounded like an arcade in there, with coins binging, punches biffing, Shao Kahns shouting "FINISH HIM!"... It was truly magical.

[quote name='Brak']I remember when my high school upgraded from Apple IIs (seriously) to Dells with Windows ME...

The second day of computer class, every guy in the class downloaded emulators (there was one girl in the class), and it legit sounded like an arcade in there, with coins binging, punches biffing, Shao Kahns shouting "FINISH HIM!"... It was truly magical.[/QUOTE]

I could put up with that, but the first thing everyone does is pull up 3 different IE's with Myspace on one, Facebook on another and Meebo so they can have their AOL or whatever. It seriously gets on my nerves that I am viewed as equal to these people.

I used to like siting in the back row, so I could see what website everyone was looking at. :cool:

[quote name='Brak']I remember when my high school upgraded from Apple IIs (seriously) to Dells with Windows ME...

The second day of computer class, every guy in the class downloaded emulators (there was one girl in the class), and it legit sounded like an arcade in there, with coins binging, punches biffing, Shao Kahns shouting "FINISH HIM!"... It was truly magical.[/QUOTE]

We used to do the same thing too, except it was Marvel vs Capcom and Quake 3 demo.

I'm in the graphic design program and all my friends who graduated last year still cant find a job. Maybe I should have changed majors. :cry:

I saved my electives for senior year, so I decided to take a "how to use the internet class."

The girl behind me spent the entire time on Facebook leaving messages with 'Lol!!!' after every comment.

She got a 70 something on the first test. It contained difficult questions such as, "How do you access Google Reader?"

Pete Campbell is a jerk.

I took a CAD class in 10th grade with my brother and one of our friends, then (after skipping 11th grade), I took an electronics class because the CAD instructor was teaching it. I guess I was loud as hell and distracted the class so after the first month we made a deal where if I would just shut up, I would get a B-. I didn't even show up for a majority of the last semester.

[quote name='JJSP']That's a lie. Companies are just now starting to realize how important branding and company identity are, especially with how huge "social networking" has become. Lots of people have the skills, but few of them are actually any good.

Girlfriend's a graphic design major, graduated last year. She was hired a month after graduation with only an internship as experience, and she's making pretty decent money at a PR/advertising firm in Fullerton.

--
We're about to watch "Birth Of A Nation" in this class. It's about to get awkward.[/QUOTE]

When he thinks up the KKK that is the funniest shit ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back