Operation Rainfall a success? Nintendo files U.S. trademark for ‘The Last Story’

iamsobroke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
In case you guys missed it. I saw this and immediately thought about you guys...Enjoy...

Taken from CliffyB3.com
Screen-shot-2011-07-15-at-8.31.24-AM1.png

In case you don’t recall, Operation Rainfall is a collaboration of Nintendo fans who hope to convince Nintendo of America to port 3 Wii RPGs over to the United States. Yes, these people are basically asking Nintendo to take their money. The ‘official’ response? “No plans currently, but never say never”. Well, perhaps the company was right, because Nintendo just filed a U.S. Trademark for “Nintendo The Last Story”. Hmm . . . Why would a Japanese company take out a trademark for a game it doesn’t plan on localizing? I’ll answer that: it wouldn’t. So expect the official announcement soon, The Last Story is more than likely coming to the U.S. Who else is excited?

[quote name='iamsobroke'] Nintendo just filed a U.S. Trademark [/QUOTE]
Since when is January 2010 recent enough for the use of the word "just"?

[quote name='iamsobroke'] Why would a Japanese company take out a trademark for a game it doesn’t plan on localizing? I’ll answer that: it wouldn’t.[/QUOTE]
Yes they would.

[quote name='iamsobroke'] So expect the official announcement soon, The Last Story is more than likely coming to the U.S. [/QUOTE]
No, it isn't.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/15/the-last-storys-2010-us-trademark-receives-notice-of-allowance/

[quote name='iamsobroke']Why would a Japanese company take out a trademark for a game it doesn’t plan on localizing?[/QUOTE]
To prevent anyone else from using the name for another game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']To prevent anyone else from using the name for another game.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. This happens all the time. They do it with some names they never ever plan on actually using, too.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Exactly. This happens all the time. They do it with some names they never ever plan on actually using, too.[/QUOTE]

Where's my Chrono Break!?!?!? :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

bread's done
Back