Orginal xbox live 70% off Toys r US

averageguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Factory sealed Microsoft XBox Live starter kit with unused 12 month subscription card (no expiration date), XBox Live communicator headset and full version of MechAssault. You can tranfer your Xbox live account to Xbox 360. This will work for Xbox 360!!! XBox Live SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: XBox video game system, high speed internet connection (Cable/DSL), connection to XBox console via ethernet cable (not included

[quote name='averageguy']Factory sealed Microsoft XBox Live starter kit with unused 12 month subscription card (no expiration date)[/QUOTE]

So if someone was fortunate to find a few of these they could practcally get 3-4 years of LIVE for the price of one, correct?

Instead of the 12-month kts, my TRU only had a couple of 3-month starter kits left for $23.99 (originally $39.99) for the whole Xbox accessories shelf / aisle. Its going down.

[quote name='takingchase']I'm sure this is YMMV, Theres just no way it would be a regular markdown.[/QUOTE]

Usually TRU drops like these are green tagged, if so its national.

BTW, they DO have an expiration date on the subscription card in those kits (it's long passed), but as I understand the code should still work. Just a word of warning.

[quote name='Decker']BTW, they DO have an expiration date on the subscription card in those kits (it's long passed), but as I understand the code should still work. Just a word of warning.[/QUOTE]

Is this really true? I never bought a expired card before and I could really use one of these.

[quote name='jboy']The odds of your Toys R' Us having a MechAssault bundle are less than zero.[/QUOTE]

Good point, I was thinking the same thing. I will probably still check my TRU about the cost of the other Live kits to see if they dropped.

[quote name='jboy']The odds of your Toys R' Us having a MechAssault bundle are less than zero.[/QUOTE]

Man....those are some crummy odds......

Went into my Toys R Us and scored the Mech Assault one for $23; originally priced $69.99. They also had the Crimson Skies kit, but rang up regular price. Also mine had the 3 month memberships and the 12 month w/ headset, but I did not scan either of them.

[quote name='Lonestar9']Man....those are some crummy odds......[/QUOTE]

Lol

Great deal for $21, i am gonna try to get this tommorow.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You need an xbox to set it up though, right?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, can someone enlighten us on how to set this up. Can we use it on the 360 or go the long route through the Xbox first?

i got the crimson skies 12 month kit last yr for around $50..my subs ends in april/may i believe..i'm gonan go to my TRU in aobut an hr to check if they have anything left...probably unlikely but i'll try

[quote name='Decker']BTW, they DO have an expiration date on the subscription card in those kits (it's long passed), but as I understand the code should still work. Just a word of warning.[/QUOTE]

Is this true?

About a year ago I bought the Crimsons Skies 12-month Xbox Live kit from Ecost for about $45... but I still haven't opened it or activated my account.

Is it useless now?

I don't think this is true. I've looked through my entire kit and the only possible place this exp. date could be is under the "scratch off" portion where the subscription code is. Also this would be a complete fuck up on behalf of Microsoft Marketing. I say this because if the subscriptions expired it would be similar in respects to other items expiring, milk for example. This expiration date would force retailers to push these off the shelves/clearence before restocking new ones.

Microsoft would have to inform retailers of such an expiration date because it would hinder sales and customer satisfaction. By not informing the customer on the outside of the box you are false advertising.

It is on the outside of the box. I don't remember where exactly, but it's either on the spines or the bottom cover, but there is an expiration date marked on the outside. However, I've also heard that a call to MS Customer Support will remedy that situation, but don't take my word for it.

Also, depending upon the expiration date, you can pretty much toss it onto your box in the normal fashion and there won't be a problem at all. I've tossed on two expired cards onto my account before without any issues whatsoever, so it all depends.

Anyway, it's pretty much risk-free since calling up Microsoft in case there's a problem will remedy anything and everything.

[quote name='sabin23']Is this true?

About a year ago I bought the Crimsons Skies 12-month Xbox Live kit from Ecost for about $45... but I still haven't opened it or activated my account.

Is it useless now?[/QUOTE]

Dude is confused....

Look the OLD, like first generation xbox live kits have thoseexpirations (you can tell, there headsets look funny on the cover).

I bought the Mechassault bundle (60 bux) from bestbuy about a year and a half ago, then i didnt use it (kept using my left over 2 months) then I took it out to use it, and unlike those old ones, these DO NOT have expiration dates listed on them, which means tehy didnt expire yet.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You need an xbox to set it up though, right?[/QUOTE]

No, the code works for the 360 as well. I infact just used one today.

These cards won't expire, especially in California. Call MS and have them issue a new sub number. I don't know why they even bother with expiring cards since these things can potentially be sitting on shelves for a couple years in stores. Even the 2-month cards that come with games shouldn't expire. You call MS for those also. Whatever gets you on XBox Live is all they care about.

[quote name='oxidative']These cards won't expire, especially in California. Call MS and have them issue a new sub number. I don't know why they even bother with expiring cards since these things can potentially be sitting on shelves for a couple years in stores. Even the 2-month cards that come with games shouldn't expire. You call MS for those also. Whatever gets you on XBox Live is all they care about.[/QUOTE]

My experience with the 2 months cards is even the original 2 year old cards register without any need to call msoft.

Can somone tell me if the 2 month cards work with the Xbox 360? Can i just enter the code or do i need to go to my old xbox and use a god damn credit card? I still have 2 2month cards sitting around....

Also, did anyone other then the OP find this exact deal (for $22) ?

If these work for the 360, and the pricing is correct, i need to get to TRU tomorrow.
My TRU had at least half a dozen 12 month w/ headset and mechassualt bundles.
The pricing said 74.99 on them. Anyone else confirm that theyre really marked down that low?

[quote name='levi333']If these work for the 360, and the pricing is correct, i need to get to TRU tomorrow.
My TRU had at least half a dozen 12 month w/ headset and mechassualt bundles.
The pricing said 74.99 on them. Anyone else confirm that theyre really marked down that low?[/QUOTE]

and if they are...could someone pick me up one pleeeeaaaase :D

so its confirmed that the crimson skies bundles are not 70 % off, right? i forgot which i saw last week...but i saw a few 12 month bundles...i think they were crimson skies ones though :/

[quote name='swetooth9']so its confirmed that the crimson skies bundles are not 70 % off, right? i forgot which i saw last week...but i saw a few 12 month bundles...i think they were crimson skies ones though :/[/QUOTE]

I have the same question also. The only 12-month kits left in my TRU are the Crimson Skies ones and I was wondering if anyone knew if those were on sale.

[quote name='Tyga24']I have the same question also. The only 12-month kits left in my TRU are the Crimson Skies ones and I was wondering if anyone knew if those were on sale.[/QUOTE]

I scanned the ones here in Clarksville, TN and they rang up full price($69.99).

[quote name='Stingslider83']Man I am tired, I thought it said xbox for 70 bucks.
Oh well.

Anyone think the xbox going to drop in price after PS3?[/QUOTE]

As has been discussed a thousand times over in these forums and other vg forums, this is not going to happen...at least on MS' part. Some retailers might do this to remove the inventory from clogging up their floorspace, but Microsoft is going to stick to its current price point for a ton of reasons. Two of which being, they don't want competition with their 360....and they are not making a profit off of the original Xbox system. The units are losing them money with each sale. If anything, the system may be bundled with cheap-o or MGStudio games....but expect the system's prices to hover right where it is.

[quote name='roguejedi5']Is this really true? I never bought a expired card before and I could really use one of these.[/QUOTE]

you can always call the folks at M$ and tell them that you bought a new xbox live starter kit and the code is expired and they will give you a new code after verifying your code was legit(and unused and expired)

I pick up several mechassult xbox live kits for $22 for my friend.Too bad,they don't give a game case for mechassult unlike Crimson sky.

bread's done
Back