Original Xbox 360 120 GB Hard Drive - $29.99 - GoHastings

Pretty good deal. I saw a poor guy with a 4GB 360 at Gamestop trying to find a way to play Halo 4 because apparently he needed like 8GBs of HD space!

He was trying to buy a USB, but the GS guy told him that usually works with non-MS games, but MS games usually require an HD as a way to drive up sales or something. All they had was some obscenely expensive 320GB or they offered to ship him a 120GB one for $100!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Pretty good deal. I saw a poor guy with a 4GB 360 at Gamestop trying to find a way to play Halo 4 because apparently he needed like 8GBs of HD space!

He was trying to buy a USB, but the GS guy told him that usually works with non-MS games, but MS games usually require an HD as a way to drive up sales or something. All they had was some obscenely expensive 320GB or they offered to ship him a 120GB one for $100![/QUOTE]

They ripped that guy off, I used my flashdrive for Halo 4.

[quote name='As I Bleed']They ripped that guy off, I used my flashdrive for Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks even more. Poor guy didn't buy anything actually, but was trying to buy one of those overpriced official MS USBs. He just left disappointed. They should have told him to try it and return if it didn't work.

Thanks OP have only 300mb left on my old HD and was looking for a new one or gonna get a flash drive but this is better and when i need a new slim 4gb I will pop this one in

[quote name='Lemstar']Dunno if it'll work for everyone, but I tried a 5% discount code from an email (5PCT5ALUP) and it worked.[/QUOTE]

Not valid. Oh, well.

Haha, you're making me feel better about turning this deal down. Used 360 accessories + that makes me worry. I've seen this site posted a lot but have never actually ordered from them.

Do these come with transfer kits? If not, do I have to take any steps to enable XBLA games for offline use, or are those registered to my console directly regardless of HDD? Thanks in advance for the info!

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Do these come with transfer kits? If not, do I have to take any steps to enable XBLA games for offline use, or are those registered to my console directly regardless of HDD? Thanks in advance for the info![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the licenses are tied to your console and not the hard drive, so if you just redownloaded everything, you'd be able to play them like they were always on that drive. If you run into any trouble, you can go online and transfer licenses.

As for transferring, you could always just transfer things to a spare USB stick and then to the new HD (possibly multiple times).

[quote name='PetersHere']Knowing how bad gohastings is, you'll order this, and they'll send you an 8 GB micro SD card.[/QUOTE]

Or they will send you the 120 HD casing and instead of an HD inside its filled with skittles.:applause:

The title of this post is a little bit misleading. It should be mentioned that these are used HDDs.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']It seems to say it is used, still a good deal though. Would hope it is an official one at least.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly considering this deal because I'm a sucker for the price. I'm a little hesitant since I've never bought anything from GoHastings before and they are used. If I do buy one I'll post my results.

[quote name='Enigmatticus']The title of this post is a little bit misleading. It should be mentioned that these are used HDDs.

I'm honestly considering this deal because I'm a sucker for the price. I'm a little hesitant since I've never bought anything from GoHastings before and they are used. If I do buy one I'll post my results.[/QUOTE]

Cool, hopefully everything goes ok. I'm probably just paranoid but buying a used electronic makes my skin crawl (especially a gaming + 360 item). I don't even like putting a used game in my consoles.

5 off 25 here if you sign up for their newsletter. I can't post a link here, but here's the email I received:

Thank you for signing up for the goHastings email Newsletter. To thank you here is a $5 off a $25 or more online purchase code. Good for one time use. Expires 14 days after receiving this email.
[*One Time Use Code Was Here*]
Steps to Redeem your code:
1. Go to goHastings.com
2. Add products into your shopping cart
3. Enter your unique coupon code at checkout and click apply
Thank you,
The goHastings Share With Friends Program

[quote name='As I Bleed']They ripped that guy off, I used my flashdrive for Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a week before Halo 4 released I saw Major Nelson in a live stream of gameplay with the developers at 343. They expressly stated that a flash drive would be sufficient in order to play from a 4GB slim.

In a related topic, the 360 USB ports now support up to 32GB flash drives and the prices I've seen are really cheap for the San Disk Cruzer models that I've used before.

32GB for around $20, 16GB for $10 or lower.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Yeah, a week before Halo 4 released I saw Major Nelson in a live stream of gameplay with the developers at 343. They expressly stated that a flash drive would be sufficient in order to play from a 4GB slim.

In a related topic, the 360 USB ports now support up to 32GB flash drives and the prices I've seen are really cheap for the San Disk Cruzer models that I've used before.

32GB for around $20, 16GB for $10 or lower.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking of. I got a couple of those 16gb flashes from Best Buy for $6. On that topic though, are flash drives not ideal for long term storage?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']That's what I'm thinking of. I got a couple of those 16gb flashes from Best Buy for $6. On that topic though, are flash drives not ideal for long term storage?[/QUOTE]

Certain games will not use flash drives regardless of their capacity (for features like replays and rewinds). I put in a used first-gen 60GB hdd in my 4GB slim and it works fine.

[quote name='Enigmatticus']The title of this post is a little bit misleading. It should be mentioned that these are used HDDs.[/QUOTE]

^^ This. OP should have put "USED" in the thread title and his first post.

Also, you're really better off looking for a 250gb drive if possible. There were a lot of them blown out last year for around $60-$70, brand new, which was a great price at that time. Not sure how readily available the OEM 250gb drives are now though.

Just gonna give you guys a little update on my order. Got it in today.
It came in a soft bubble wrap mailer. "Okay..." I thought. Then I opened it up and it looked fairly beat up, with the plug that goes into the 360 seemingly bent (as if someone had opened it up and replaced what was inside). "Well as long as it works..." Plugged it in and the thing wasn't formatted. "This isn't that bad for $25..." The damn thing shows "13.9 GB total capacity." WTF. I ordered a 120GB hard drive, not a 12 GB hard drive. What a joke. On the phone with Hastings right now.

EDIT: My bad, not 14.1 GB. I overestimated how much was here. 13.9 GB total capacity.

EDIT2: Customer Service rep was extremely rude and acted like it was my fault that I received the wrong item. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Pretty good deal. I saw a poor guy with a 4GB 360 at Gamestop trying to find a way to play Halo 4 because apparently he needed like 8GBs of HD space!

He was trying to buy a USB, but the GS guy told him that usually works with non-MS games, but MS games usually require an HD as a way to drive up sales or something. All they had was some obscenely expensive 320GB or they offered to ship him a 120GB one for $100![/QUOTE]

Well MS puts the MSRP of the Slim HDD'S at $130 so it's not GS's fault the price is so high.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Yeah, a week before Halo 4 released I saw Major Nelson in a live stream of gameplay with the developers at 343. They expressly stated that a flash drive would be sufficient in order to play from a 4GB slim.

32GB for around $20, 16GB for $10 or lower.[/QUOTE]

Well Reach specifically required a HDD and Bungie/343 took a lot of crap over it so there is precedent for requiring a HDD to play Halo online.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Just gonna give you guys a little update on my order. Got it in today.
It came in a soft bubble wrap mailer. "Okay..." I thought. Then I opened it up and it looked fairly beat up, with the plug that goes into the 360 seemingly bent (as if someone had opened it up and replaced what was inside). "Well as long as it works..." Plugged it in and the thing wasn't formatted. "This isn't that bad for $25..." The damn thing shows "13.9 GB total capacity." WTF. I ordered a 120GB hard drive, not a 12 GB hard drive. What a joke. On the phone with Hastings right now.

EDIT: My bad, not 14.1 GB. I overestimated how much was here. 13.9 GB total capacity.

EDIT2: Customer Service rep was extremely rude and acted like it was my fault that I received the wrong item. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

That's really too bad. Even used, A 120gb HDD would be a great deal at $29.99. I've got my old 120gb in my slim and it works great! My kid has a old 20gb in her slim. Too bad not many people knows this works, they could save alot of cash.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Just gonna give you guys a little update on my order. Got it in today.

EDIT2: Customer Service rep was extremely rude and acted like it was my fault that I received the wrong item. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

sorry to hear that. My order just came in today. Everything was fine, it was a legit 120GB hard drive, though the previous owners gamertags were still on it.

Ha wish I had your luck. I am pretty sure Hastings is going to screw up my price adjustment and I'll have to wait on hold for another hour. Never recommending Hastings to anyone.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Ha wish I had your luck. I am pretty sure Hastings is going to screw up my price adjustment and I'll have to wait on hold for another hour. Never recommending Hastings to anyone.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I didn't bother with this thing, the correct one that works will probably die in 2 months. But sorry about your situation. If it isn't too late, I would jump ship and just return the thing, they will probably deny the price adjustment.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']This is exactly why I didn't bother with this thing, the correct one that works will probably die in 2 months. But sorry about your situation. If it isn't too late, I would jump ship and just return the thing, they will probably deny the price adjustment.[/QUOTE]
Tempted to do so, but I made sure to get a case number. But just in case they try any funny business with my price adjustment, I'm going to raise hell with them and force a chargeback with my credit card company. I'm no expert on this, but from dealing with Amazon/Paypal as a seller, they'll have to at least refund me AND pay extra fees. Honest mistakes are fine, but being rude to a customer who received the wrong item? Unacceptable.

I got my hard drive today as well. Fantastic condition. There was a profile in there as well but it could be just for testing purposes since it was "player 1" with no save/record at all. Pretty satisfied. Sucks for SmokeMaxx.

bread's done
Back