Orlando CAGs, where you at?

Otherguy676

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Well, my gf just got accepted to UCF for grad school, so I will now be spending plenty of time in the Orlando area. I have already located several pawn shops and Gamerushes in the Orlando and Oviedo area. Does anyone know of a easy "pawn shop route" (we have one in Tampa that is quick and easy)?

I live in Winter Springs now that i moved but usually shop in altamonte or east orlando since im in the middle of both. I dont usually bother with Sanford, they have much to offer. and the BB and CC are out of the way.

Hey guys, tryin' to find a Wii for my parents to give to my little bro. I've been calling these stores for the last 3 days, no one has it in!

CompUSA on Orange Blossom Trail by Sand Lake road.
KMart on Turkey Lake road by Sand Lake road.
EB inside the Mall of Millenia.
GameStop outside the Mall of Millenia.
GameStop at Metroplaza on Kirkman by Valencia West Campus and WalMart.
GameStop inside the Florida mall.
EB inside the Florida mall.
EB inside the West Oaks mall.
Circuit City by the Mall of Millenia.
Circuit City on Orange Blossom Trail and Sand Lake road.
Circuit City on Good Homes and Colonial by the West Oaks mall.
Best Buy by the Florida mall.
Best Buy by the West Oaks mall.
Super Target by the Mall of Millenia
Super Target on Colonial (near West Oaks mall)
Toys 'r' Us by the West Oaks mall
Toys 'r' Us by the Florida mall
Wal*Mart on Kirkman by Valencia West campus
Wal*Mart on Sand Lake road and John Young parkway.
Blockbuster/Gamerush in the MarketPlace on Sand Lake road and Dr Phillips blvd

These 20 retailers are in a 10 mile radius of my house and I still can't find a Wii. How much harder and I going to have to try?

[quote name='onacouch']Hey guys, tryin' to find a Wii for my parents to give to my little bro. I've been calling these stores for the last 3 days, no one has it in!

These 20 retailers are in a 10 mile radius of my house and I still can't find a Wii. How much harder and I going to have to try?[/QUOTE]
According to the weekly DVD/game ad threads, Target, Circuit City, and Best Buy will be having some for sale Sunday morning. I would considering camping out overnight. My roommate went to the Target near his home for the Wii re-launch about two weeks ago. He got there about midnight and was 24 out of 30. With these shortages, who knows how much more desperate people will be. I would recommend checking if there are lines forming at 6pm Saturday, then maybe at 9pm. I have also been hearing that for some reason Circuit Cities sometimes ask campers to leave until 5am the day of.

[quote name='MrWazeleski']I'll be an Orlando CAG when I go to UCF this fall![/quote]

I was in the same position a year ago heh heh

Just moved in the area in January, going to UCF. With the cost of living for myself now, I'll have to be a better CAGer. :D

I hit up the Rhino on E Colonial Dr. before they transformed. Kinda sad to see them transform into something different.

[quote name='Murk_Tha_M16']I feel like I'm getting owned... everyone lives in Orlando, and I live in kissimmee... :( lol[/QUOTE]
You aren't the only one. :cool:

[quote name='mirthoneist']Who are the dickheads that got all the $2 Best Buy games today? :(

:p[/quote]

i don't know but id like to know. Altamonte had utterly nothing.:bomb:

Any of you UCF people:

Movie Gallery on the corner of University and Dean is closing. Last night there was a ton of PS2, XBox, and a couple of kinda bad Gamecube games for 40% off the clearance prices. Someone already took ALL of the entire current gen collections. -_-

And then there's a bunch of movies still left. But it's Gigli and goreror quality.

The Kohls at Waterford Lakes has $9.99 (regular $18) video game shirts including Wii, Xbox 360, Link/Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Super Mario Bros. They are in the middle of the walkway when walking through the Mens section.

Hey Orlando folks, the Orange County Regional History Center has a pretty cool new exhibit on the history of video games. They talk about the first video games and arcades, all the way to the current set of consoles (the Wii remote on display had the official glove!). They had two rooms of facts about video games and their creators, glass cases with old and current systems, as well as gaming stations including Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, an Xbox 360 FPS to play. They also have a new exhibit on classic toys from the 1900s, such as Lincoln Logs, Nerf Balls, Slinkys, and Monopoly. Admission is $6.50 for students; $10 for adults. The video game and classic toys exhibits run through April 13th.

If anyone wants to try out Super Smash Bros Brawl, Play n Trade (Across from Waterford Lakes Shopping Center) has it set up in their store.

I live around UCF too and have recently been feeling the urge to pick up a classic system or two - anyone ever GONE to all those pawn shops on Colonial heading towards downtown, Flea World in Sanford, or got any thrift store recommendations? The goodwill near Rouse had a few Colecovision/2600 games last time I checked but they were pretty common, loose and like $3/game.

There's also a bunch of shit up in Casselberry near Rocky's replay (Salvation army, Thriftco & other junk in the same plaza). YMMV.

I did this week, nothing good on Colonial, best find was a Jaguar at the EZ pawn right after Orange Blossom. Try Sanford, you may find something, just be prepared to pay because a lot of the stuff is overpriced. I did find a Complete Mario Clash! for $5 there so you can find deals if you look.

Anybody in the Davenport area? Is the neighbourhood decent? I'm looking to move up that way in the near future.

[quote name='Foladar']Anybody in the Davenport area? Is the neighbourhood decent? I'm looking to move up that way in the near future.[/QUOTE]

I'm about fifteen minutes away from Davenport. It really depends on the subdivision, but in general it's a nice area that is developing quickly. Five years ago, you would have been in the middle of nowhere.

This forum needs to liven up, theres got to be more Orlando CAGs here. I live in Tampa and Orlando is cleaned out pretty often when I go there. Who's the one doing the cleaning:)?

i only buy copies for myself and thats it. not even as much lately since my backlog is surely a decade long at this point now.

When I went to pick up Mario Kart Wii at the Fashion Square Mall TRU on Monday, they had signs up inside and outside the store saying they had Wiis available. So if you're looking for a Wii, you might want to call up that store. No one ever shops there.

[quote name='Otherguy676']This forum needs to liven up, theres got to be more Orlando CAGs here. I live in Tampa and Orlando is cleaned out pretty often when I go there. Who's the one doing the cleaning:)?[/QUOTE]

+1
I'm moving to Orlando area soon, but man this thread seems dead compared to the south florida thread.

[quote name='Otherguy676']This forum needs to liven up, theres got to be more Orlando CAGs here. I live in Tampa and Orlando is cleaned out pretty often when I go there. Who's the one doing the cleaning:)?[/QUOTE]

I think we're a hotbed for the [insert any hated site name] hoarders. A few years ago, you could pretty much have your pick of clearance games from any of the major sales. Now, if you aren't there when they open, you really take your chances. Theoretically it could be someone here, but it seems odd to have spiked in the last year or three.

Heck, even some of the more remote destinations are getting picked over quickly - I used to have a store for each major retailer that was almost guaranteed to have what I wanted. Not so much anymore.

Although, anyone who trades in at GameRush, it seems most of the straight Blockbuster stores are now taking trades as well. This was supposed to be active months ago, but every time I asked I got denied. A few weeks back, I had success. Then again, it could just mean this particular store (535 & 192) isn't on the ball.

Reporting for duty!

I live in East Orlando, Waterford Lakes area. Do any of the local stores (Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart) have clearances on games? I've looked around but haven't ever found anything.

Hey, guys.

I live in the UCF area as well [behind the college, actually], and the main thing I can tell you is to never bother with anything in Waterford. The whole T/C just gets too much traffic and anything that could ever hope to approach worthwhile is gone long before it becomes reasonable. The Circuit City across the street is your best bet for anything, and even they only carry the usual 16.96/8.96/whatever priced games (Only thing I want in that whole shopping vicinity right now is Geometry Wars for the Wii on clearance at CC).

The PnT by CC is a nice place to browse, but they rarely have anything that good since they're in direct competition with Gamestop. On the brighter side, it's never crowded with people who don't know what they want. :roll:

The only advice I could give is to visit the GS on Colonial across the street from the Super Wal-mart since it seems most people don't know about it and their stock tends to be better than Waterford's, and the Target on University Blvd near FullSail. Also, if you feel.. lucky every once in a while, you can check out the K-Mart that's also on University, right across the street from Target. I picked up a cheap copy of VP:Silmeria a few months back. Nothing beyond that, though.

I've been learning to make the most of what we've got around here since there are quite a few Gamestops in the area..

[quote name='Seithe']
The PnT by CC is a nice place to browse, but they rarely have anything that good since they're in direct competition with Gamestop. On the brighter side, it's never crowded with people who don't know what they want. :roll:
.[/quote]

I was in that PnT a few weeks ago, and completely forgot about the B2G1, and kinda bitter about it since I found 2 good games(Viewtiful Joe & Jak&Daxter) and could've easily found another.

Also need to see if they really know their stuff about console repair. My poor Saturn's been broken for so long, and I miss NiGHTS, Daytona USA, and Clockwork Knight. Plus, I have a Wavebird that would be greatly appreciated if the damn analog didn't stick right.

Yeah, east Orlando is pretty much dried up. The gamestops have a rare find here and there and I've haggled a few games down $5-10 at some pawn shops. PnT I'm not too fond of, they really don't have anything that you can't find anywhere else for the same price (other than really old games).

I stopped going to east orlando once i moved north. it used to be a nice area, now if you can avoid getting in a accident while driving around you did something good. That CC i used to find a good deal of Unmarked Clearance games but i dont think so much anymore but always check out the normal games for Clearance titles CC isnt very good at marking them down, i just go in with a list ahead of time.

[quote name='Seithe']The only advice I could give is to visit the GS on Colonial across the street from the Super Wal-mart since it seems most people don't know about it and their stock tends to be better than Waterford's[/QUOTE]

That's not surprising, as that store used to be the only Rhino Games in the Orlando area. The next closest that I knew about was down in Auburndale.

Oh and that Auberndale store was sweat during the closeout. I bought about 200 classic games there. Just an amazing haul as it included SNES Dracula X.

Im moving to Orlando Aug 6th to go to Barry Law. Orlando has been VERY dry for me for some time. The PNT was helpful last time I was there, but I didn't get anything fantastic. Its good Ill save money, but bad in the fact my game hunting days will prob be coming to a close besides the random pawn/flea/PNT trip.

If anybody is still seeking a Wii and unable to locate one, there were ~3 at the Walmart at Four Corners.

[quote name='Foladar']If anybody is still seeking a Wii and unable to locate one, there were ~3 at the Walmart at Four Corners.[/quote]

saw 2 at Casselbary Target less than an hour ago.

I'm closer to Lakeland, but I commute to UCF. It has been pretty dry recently I think the only decent find recently has been a used copy of :360: Mercernaries 2 last week with the 360 coupon. I saw Unreal Tournament :ps3: $19.99 over @ the Target by Waterford Lakes over a week ago, but nothing else decent. Anyone else find something recently?

I stopped @ a couple BB's (SR50 near Fashion Square & OBT FL Mall) so see if I could snag a Too Human & Mercenaries 2 pre-order code, but I guess they are on the ball about removing that kind of stuff now.

bread's done
Back