Orlando CAGs, where you at?

Otherguy676

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Well, my gf just got accepted to UCF for grad school, so I will now be spending plenty of time in the Orlando area. I have already located several pawn shops and Gamerushes in the Orlando and Oviedo area. Does anyone know of a easy "pawn shop route" (we have one in Tampa that is quick and easy)?

man I wish I checked that yesterday! Violet arrows! Thank you though

Anyway I was going to say 40% CC Waterford
No L4D on 360 but, it is on PS3 and PC
I bought last mirror's edge.
Wii is only console left. Employee said 30% off but, no sign to confirm
If anybody can get a L4D I will meet them somewhere and pay them for it!
I really have no idea how many CC's are in Orlando.
Dead Space is there 1 copy of Grid left (orig price 49.99). Like a billion GTA4 Fable 2 and POP.

Hi fellow CAGS from the south I'm traveling down to Orlando this week and was wondering if anyonwe could recomend some good classic videogame stores. I'm looking at SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, and imports are fine too. Any help to this Canadian CAG would be appreciated.

Anyone find 1600 Microsoft point cards at any of the CFL Circuit Cities lately? I haven't had much luck, but am willing to travel around.

Violetarrows: Darn I missed out on that.

pmp1986: PnT is good and you should also check out

3262119622_68e7bcd78b.jpg

some stuff is a little pricey, but it's pretty good for a mom & pop store.
Also, depending on how far your willing to drive, off of I-4 and US98 in the Lakeland Square Mall there is a store called Game Attic. They have a really good selection of older titles, but expect to pay accordingly.

kojubat: I went to the CC in Lakeland today and I didn't see any. Games were priced at 40%, but I got :ds:TWEWY for $18 so I think it's at 50%. DVD's were 40% off so I picked up :dvd:Battlestar Galatica Season 3.

Is S & F granny gamers place?

Game Attic is expensive, more expensive than Ebay by quite a bit, I think it was $100 for FFVII last time I was there for example

[quote name='Otherguy676']Is S & F granny gamers place?

Game Attic is expensive, more expensive than Ebay by quite a bit, I think it was $100 for FFVII last time I was there for example[/quote]

I believe so...

Yeah, Game Attic is a little pricey on some things.

Hey guys,

i have been lurking around cag for sometime and just noticed the regional boards.

I havet seen any good deals in a while. the last thing I purchased the the End War bundle at the waterford target. from what I have gathered the circuit city had already started liquidating games and most of the good stuff is gone, is that correct?

I have been trying to find uncharted, grid, or skate for ps3 for some time for cheap. I will be heading down to south florida where there is a super target that had a great selection of clearance games. i will see if that is still true in two weeks.

if you look through like 1 page of this thread I already posted alot of CC had a few days ago. Anyway they havve nothing left now not even dead space. Except they still had some falllout 3 (reg and CE) for PS3

Did anyone play in the Gamestop SFIV tourney this past weekend? I won the one on Colonial by Alafaya and have a second round by Fashion Square next week. Also, any CAGs going to Megacon want to meet up at the show. I don't want to leave and keep paying for parking so Im sure Ill be bored out of my mind at some points. I intend on staying all day everyday, except for leaving briefly for my second round tourney at Gamestop.

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately due to me being with my family and Disney World being extremely busy as usual I never got to make it over to any of them but still thanks.

Hi there everyone ... here in Orlando @ the MegaCon , got here friday a little late but still got two more days to enjoy it , it's been fun so far , talk later , gotta catch some ZzZzZzZ

Otherguy676 , you can park (if you want to risk it , but I don't think is a big deal , they really don't pay that much attention) U can park @ a hotel (motel) like Sleep Inn and buy a trolley ticket ($6.00 for 3 days) , I'm staying in Orlando but I thinks I'll be buying that trolley pass tomorrow (today) for sat and sunday.

Talk later , good luck.

Got back a while ago from video taping all day. Im glad they finally added a video game section. There was a fine ass Elecktra running around today. :)

didnt see the Elektra but Black Widow's body....words cannot explain the hotness.....

anyways

They had an import game dealer, picked up a freeloader for $20 and a Complete GBA Starfy game for $4
Spent a decent amount of money on comics and (finally) met Chris Claremont

If you guys have any pics from Megacon, you should definitely post them. I was unable to attend and would love to see some pics.

Naw, came within a round of advancing to round 3(to state finals), got Zangiefed to death, I was up in round 5 (out of 5) and the guy got Gief's ultra off (I was Ryu), I could only watch as my life bar plummetted about 50%, fought hard to recover but the damage was done

Anyone know of any other Street Fighter IV tournaments coming up in the area?

Also, if anyone else is on a Megacon hangover like I am, check out Tampa Con. Its a good little convention thats worth the drive, I def have done better on deals there than I did at Megacon. The show has been going on for 8 years and I have never missed a show.
http://www.comicbookconventions.com/tampaconvention/

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone thought about a CAG meet up? Seems like we got alot of Central Floridians here. Just a thought

Otherguy676: Sounds interesting, but I'm saving my funds at the moment for MetroCon. My 4th year going and it's a pretty well sized anime/manga focused convention. I picked up Tatsunoko vs. Capcom at MegaCon from that import booth :bouncy:. Then, it had to go on sale on Play-Asia :applause:

Pan1c42: Sounds like a good idea. We would just need to set a location and determine for what purpose (just to meet, trade, play games etc...)

My vote = UCF
failing that = OFS
Trade and chat. This Orlando thread has sucked greatly nobody ever posts in it. We need to liven it up a bit and maybe xcgh gamertags for Orlando people (even though mineis on my profile already).

I was thinking maybe an arcade. I know this place called Rocky's...something like that. just north of Semoran and Aloma. (436 and 426)

Ugh. I've been there before. Good idea, piss poor everything else for anyone with *lungs*. They allow smoking in the arcade and thought I was going to puke and/or die when I went with friends to a going away party. The variety of games and such when I was there was pretty good (they probably rotate everything regularly when tar and shit builds up on the machines) and the junk food and beer was alright, but it didn't make up for the horrible stink and instant headache.

Hey Guys CAG here..currently working at the new south downtown store (orange Ave.) if anybody wants me to check on clearance and hold some stuff for you guys let me know and ill tell ya what we got

What new store? what store?

Also...I'm trying to think of something game related, and an arcade was my best thought.

oh lol its a Target..nobody really knows about it so cleareance is really packed still got farcry for 360,Mirrors edge, and Afro Samuari for Ps3 and others

Violetarrows: I like the smell of smoke, not that I smoke myself, but I understand how you feel.

stefpimp: Awesome. I know exactly the store you are talking about. How much are :360:Farcry 2, :ps3:Mirrors Edge & :ps3:Singstar: ABBA at your store? I don't live near there, but I normally play tennis @ DeLaney park.

serenitygod: Bowling is an interesting idea. I remember there was a bowling alley a little north of Florida Oriental Trading, but it has been a while since I've been there.

Does anyone else play tennis?

What's up Orlando CAGs was just wondering if anyone knew if Virgin had started clearancing stuff yet. Not just Games, but CDs as well. Thanks!

[quote name='rodieremix']What's up Orlando CAGs was just wondering if anyone knew if Virgin had started clearancing stuff yet. Not just Games, but CDs as well. Thanks![/quote]

I believe the discounts have started, but they should be small at this point in time. Unless I'm mistaken the store is closing at the end of May so discounts should get better in a couple weeks.

[quote name='rodieremix']What's up Orlando CAGs was just wondering if anyone knew if Virgin had started clearancing stuff yet. Not just Games, but CDs as well. Thanks![/quote]

Wait, what? The one at Disney Marketplace? What's going on? >.>

[quote name='VioletArrows']Wait, what? The one at Disney Marketplace? What's going on? >.>[/quote]

Virgin Megastore Orlando is in liquidation. All the remaining Virgin Megastores across the US are to be closed by end of summer. Should be some decent finds in the next couple weeks.

I was at Virgin yesterday (Sunday) and games were only about 10% off, CDs/DVDs 20%. I think the store is closing towards the end of May so keep an eye out. They still had a lot of inventory.

Does anyone have any recommendation for arcades in the area besides Rocky's Replay? Preferably one that has any Capcom fighting games (any version of SF2, mainly Super Turbo, 3rd Strike, MVC2, CVS2, etc.) or Time Crisis. The release of HD Remix & SF4 has got me wanting to get back to arcades. I did go to Disney Quest with some friends yesterday and checked that out but the MVC2 sticks were busted.

What does Rocky's even have these days? I haven't been there in years because the smoke was so bothersome. I heard a rumor they were importing a SFIV cabs but never heard one way or another.

[quote name='MtlTom']
Does anyone have any recommendation for arcades in the area besides Rocky's Replay? Preferably one that has any Capcom fighting games (any version of SF2, mainly Super Turbo, 3rd Strike, MVC2, CVS2, etc.) or Time Crisis. The release of HD Remix & SF4 has got me wanting to get back to arcades. I did go to Disney Quest with some friends yesterday and checked that out but the MVC2 sticks were busted.[/quote]

I can't recall a single time I've been to Disney Quest when both sides, if any, of the MVC2 machine were in working order :roll:. I haven't been to Rocky's in a while, but the only other arcade I can think of would be the one in Wackadoo's @ UCF main campus. I haven't set foot in there in a semester or two, but I recall them having SF3 (I think it was 3rd strike, but not 100% sure), CVS2, and I think MVC2 also. When I go to campus in the next week or so for books I'll check it out.

[quote name='gr8asianman']When I go to campus in the next week or so for books I'll check it out.[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate it. I graduated a little over a year ago & can only remember MVC2 being there. I honestly didn't go in there very much because most of the time I was on campus I didn't have a lot of downtime.

I should mention I stopped into Boardwalk Bowl because there marquee said they had a new arcade opened. They mostly had shooters & racing games but they did have MVC2. I hope the XBLA/PSN rumors are true about it coming out because I'm terrible at it and need practice. LOL

this could be an epic spot..??

I was in PNT Waterford Lakes and they have a phone system setup. If you put in your mobile # 10 times they give you $30 off just for coming in.
They will also give you $40 off a pre-order for trading in a game! That is right, A GAME! not 2 or 3!

I am going to post this in a more predom place and list as a ymmv.

The Oviedo mall has several MVC2 machines last I was there, I tried buying one but they weren't for sale at that time. I have a MVS 4 slot cab, didn't bring it to Orlando with me but its currently running Samurai Shodown IV, Real Bout 2, Metal Slug 4, and World Heroes Perfect. I am trying to purchase Rage of the Dragons and SVC Chaos which would make me bring the machine to Orlando.

@serenitygod: I'll have to check that out when my classes start next month.

FYI, Virgin Megastore Orlando is closing its doors for good at midnight tonight. After chatting with some of my buddies that still work there apparently Disney gave them a hard time with the whole liquidation thing so merchandise never went below the first round of markdowns, which equates to no decent deals.

Any 360 SE Fightstick spottings in Orlando? I've been looking around to no avail. I've heard the second wave has started to hit.

It has been quite some time since there was a posting in this thread...I finally checked out Wackadoo's yesterday and I saw the following fighters in the arcade Marvel vs. Capcom 2, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

Wackadoo's is great. OK food, good beer, and bad service. I've been going there since it was called Loco's when I went to UCF. A friend of mine and I still go there every time he's in town. Those arcade games never seem to change.

@Tacokungfu: Yeah, Wackadoo's is pretty good. It nice to pop in for a beer once in a while and hit up the arcade.

Now that I think about it I haven't been to Rocky's Replay in a while. Anyone want to confirm that its still around. Not sure when I'll have time to pass by, but its nice to know.

I have heard that Rocky's Replay is gone. I haven't been out that way in a while now so I can't confirm that though.

That wouldn't surprise me considering the economy, but it would be a shame considering I can't think of any other halfway decent arcades.

[quote name='tacokungfu']I have heard that Rocky's Replay is gone. I haven't been out that way in a while now so I can't confirm that though.[/QUOTE]

Rocky's Replay is actually relocating to the plaza next to Walmart up the street. They are opening back up pretty soon with a bigger arcade. They had to close the one they were in as the city forced them to move due to a new "Flypass" opening up like the one at the corner of 50 and 436.

So dont worry, their not gone for good. :)

bread's done
Back