Orlando CAGs, where you at?

Otherguy676

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Well, my gf just got accepted to UCF for grad school, so I will now be spending plenty of time in the Orlando area. I have already located several pawn shops and Gamerushes in the Orlando and Oviedo area. Does anyone know of a easy "pawn shop route" (we have one in Tampa that is quick and easy)?

I float around on the site but this thread doesn't get much love :) I live literally 3-5 mins from that TRU and even with the "discounted" prices just like stated, you can still find them cheaper else where. I did snag some things for my daughter for christmas. Might be going up there tomorrow and see what else is around. Need anything checked, let me know.

Anyone near live near the Waterford Lakes TownCenter store on Alafaya? There's a $5 game they have that I am looking for and i'd be willing to pay $7 for gas/shipping on top of the $5 for the game.

I'm headed to orlando next month, but its something I doubt will last that long.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone near live near the Waterford Lakes TownCenter store on Alafaya? There's a $5 game they have that I am looking for and i'd be willing to pay $7 for gas/shipping on top of the $5 for the game.

I'm headed to orlando next month, but its something I doubt will last that long.[/QUOTE]

PM me.

starting to have decent luck here, its been awhile but in the last month I've found a complete PSOne Valkyrie Profile PSOne ($10) and Complete Einhander PSOne ($5), NGC complete Twilight Princess ($3), Zero missin ($3), and PS2 Silent Hill Shattered Memories ($3). With recent games, I have found a lot of PS3 / Wii / 360 games for $10 - $15. Hope this lasts, area has been dry for awhille.

If you can avoid it, do not use the Gamestop on Goldenrod and University by Full Sail. There is a guy with glasses there who was quite a jerk the other night to me. I used to use that Gamestop quite a bit and preordered a number of games there in the last year, but he made it clear he didn't want me (or others like me) as a customer if I wasn't going to pre-order Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I apologize I only had enough money to purchase Dragon Quest VI.

I've stopped at that Gamestop a few times in the past. I try to avoid it if I can. I find that a lot of Gamestop employees have some kind of elitist gamer attitudes but that one store seems to be worse than the others in the area.

Anyone know when the Blockbuster on Dr. Phillips last day is? I'm hitting Orlando the 29th-31st and Dr. Phillips always had tons of stuff when I went there.

Yeah that's the one. Theres also a GS in the same center. Their clearance sections sucks. I wish they had some stuff like i see other Cags reporting around the country.

[quote name='Otherguy676']If you can avoid it, do not use the Gamestop on Goldenrod and University by Full Sail. There is a guy with glasses there who was quite a jerk the other night to me. I used to use that Gamestop quite a bit and preordered a number of games there in the last year, but he made it clear he didn't want me (or others like me) as a customer if I wasn't going to pre-order Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I apologize I only had enough money to purchase Dragon Quest VI.[/QUOTE]

lol he didnt want you there if you didnt preorder MvC3??

Anyone live near the St Cloud GS on 13th that would be willing to pick up a $5 game and ship it, I'll give them $15 to cover the game/S&H/gas.

I live in Tampa, but my next Orlando trip isn't gonna be til the end of July.

Traveler from Austin. I'm in Casselberry 32707 for a week. I am looking for a good deal on a Wii console. Gamestop is nearby and has a used one for $99, but I'm hoping to get a direct deal from a CAG gamer cheaper.

Make a fellow user a deal. I'll take any color. I do need video cables and power brick. I can go without sensor bar, games, remotes.

I like how I found this thread after I graduated UCF and moved back home. I am moving out of Florida soon for work but will be back after my contract is up. Trying to work out a deal for a replacement xbox.

lol....I started this thread 5 years ago and its been dormant for awhile. Anyone know of any small flea markets in the Orlando / Daytona / Cocoa area?

I did a mini trip to Orlando on Saturday. I normally try to go to O-Town for 2-4 days every couple of months, but due to $ constraints I haven't been able to since May.

I started in Orlando at 10am, hit 11 gs's, 2 Best Buys, and went to Winter Haven & Lakeland and still got home by 6:30pm. What sucked is the route I took had me going by a bunch of Pawns & Walmarts I had never been in, but I didn't know if I'd have enough time, so I skipped em all.

Hopefully I get to do a full trip within the next couple months.

[quote name='Bezerker']I did a mini trip to Orlando on Saturday. I normally try to go to O-Town for 2-4 days every couple of months, but due to $ constraints I haven't been able to since May.

I started in Orlando at 10am, hit 11 gs's, 2 Best Buys, and went to Winter Haven & Lakeland and still got home by 6:30pm. What sucked is the route I took had me going by a bunch of Pawns & Walmarts I had never been in, but I didn't know if I'd have enough time, so I skipped em all.

Hopefully I get to do a full trip within the next couple months.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, what were you looking for?

[quote name='Sonne']Jeez, what were you looking for?[/QUOTE]

That trip was for Neptunia's and Dead Island SE's. I was only able to find 1 Dead Island, but I had some decent luck for Neptunia.

When I do my full trips, I usually hit every pawn, Walmart, Kmart, PNT, GS, Sears, etc between Orlando and Sanford looking for rarities and whatnot. I'm never actually able to hit every place within 3 days, but I always seem to find good stuff.

Just got news that I may be out of a job in 2 months, so I wont be doing a trip anytime soon.

I've been so busy with grad school and the Air Force that I haven't kept up much with CAG or this thread. I commute from home to UCF, 68 miles one way, and at least a couple times a month take the long route hitting pawn shops, KMart, GS, Toys-R-Us and Sears all around the Orlando area. I haven't found much recently. I was able to pop in a GS while I was in Tampa this week for MEPS and find a copy of :ps3:Dragon Age Origins LE in near mint condition.

Hmm, just noticed the regional section of the forums and this Orlando thread.

West Orlando/Windermere checking in!

I'm from Ocala.... an hour or so north of Orlando..... though me and the gf go to universal every month or so..... what's shakin?

Thread resurrection?

Not too much deal wise from what I've seen recently. The target clearances I've been to recently have been pretty bare, though I was able to find a copy of :360:Warhammer 40k Space Marine while I was shopping at Winter Garden Village.

I got back from visiting Orlando for a couple days. The Kmart in Lake Mary is going out of business and games are 50% off. Newest thing I spotted was Silent Hill Downpour for $30 after discount.

I live all the way out by Lakeland, but I'm in pretty often since I'm a grad student at UCF. You're right about that Target at Waterford Lakes. It's pretty much barren every time I go in.

I'll make sure to check that out Bezerker if I head that way.

[quote name='gr8asianman']I live all the way out by Lakeland, but I'm in pretty often since I'm a grad student at UCF. You're right about that Target at Waterford Lakes. It's pretty much barren every time I go in.

I'll make sure to check that out Bezerker if I head that way.[/QUOTE]

yeah when i do find a load of clearance games they are 33% and maybe 50% off at most. They never make it to 75% like my old targets, they disappear within a day or two of being there. It sucks but it does help my backlog from growing any further.

@atomicsmurf: Hai. Those are pretty good gamestops, though one of my buddies had some issues with the one outside Fashion Square Mall.

Anyone find any deals lately? I feel like Target has been barren since last Black Friday.

@gr8asianman, if you don't mind me asking, what was the problem with that GS. We're talking about the one in the Target shopping center right? That's the one I use.
Thanks! :)

That is the one. I think the management has changed since then, but he had a number of issues with his preorders, and on one occasion he was purchasing a used game and one pulling it out of the cabinet threw it like a frisbee to the person ringing it up.

Wow. Frisbee tossing discs... not good, and not funny. I don't even know how well they test used games for defects, but that's just stupid throwing it around like that. And I'm not too fond of their 7 day policy for used games either. It usually takes me more than that to work through a game to find out if it has any disc issues. But oh well... so far I've been lucky.

I hope management did change. Thanks for the info. :)

Yeah, thats super poor customer service, especially since the my buddy was right there. I haven't been there in a while, but I haven't seen the former managers car in a while so I don't think hes there anymore.

[quote name='gr8asianman']Yeah, thats super poor customer service, especially since the my buddy was right there. I haven't been there in a while, but I haven't seen the former managers car in a while so I don't think hes there anymore.[/QUOTE]

I was just there today. I'm not sure his position, but the guy working, Clint, was a super cool guy. He gave me a heads up on the Mana Khemia LE they just got in (which I bought immediately). We ended up talking about Rarities, CE's, buying games at KB Toys, etc.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, fuck Dorscher Plaza (the one by Chuck E Cheese on Colonial). I'd been trying to pick up their copies of MGS HD Collection CE, Atelier Rorona & Atelier Totori since they came out and they just kept telling me they were "on hold". Only found out today they were on hold for the manager and that he has multiples of the same games in the back (not actually buying them, just keeping them in the back).

Dorscher also gave me a great line about how "No gamestops sell GBA games anymore" after I just came from Clint's store which had a case FULL of GBA games.

Yea, I think the manger I was referring to is no longer under their employ. I'm familiar with the Doescher plaza one. So they have copies of the MGS LE? Hm...I've been looking for one too. I know his regional and district manager and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be pleased that he is hoarding inventory, most likely waiting for a price drop...

On a side note, I think that the best locations I've seen for drops have been the Toys-R-Us next to FL Mall and the Sears at Fashion Square and Florida Mall. I've seen a couple decent things around the $15 price point: i.e. Naruto Ultimate something 2, Dungeon Siege III etc...

Winter Garden/Ocoee/Metro West here. Think I posted a couple of pages back. Sears at Florida Mall had some 50% off of clearance prices. Not much that I wanted but you can check it out. It was a couple of weeks ago so I don't remember what they had.

I found a Halo 4 LE in Kissimmee at Target. They are still out there in some areas here if anyone is looking.

I also want to give up to Gamers Inc by Waterford. They are currently fixing a Neo Geo of mine and have been cool during the process. If you have a broke console then they are the place to bring it (game store in Lakeland mall also does a nice job).

[quote name='Otherguy676']I found a Halo 4 LE in Kissimmee at Target. They are still out there in some areas here if anyone is looking.

I also want to give up to Gamers Inc by Waterford. They are currently fixing a Neo Geo of mine and have been cool during the process. If you have a broke console then they are the place to bring it (game store in Lakeland mall also does a nice job).[/QUOTE]

Nice, I live in Avalon Park and did not even know this store was close to Waterford. Will definitely have to go check it out.

[quote name='gr8asianman']That is the one. I think the management has changed since then, but he had a number of issues with his preorders, and on one occasion he was purchasing a used game and one pulling it out of the cabinet threw it like a frisbee to the person ringing it up.[/QUOTE]

Funny -- I went in there yesterday and the frisbee issue was seen right in front of me. Thankfully, I was there only putting down money on a reservation.

Theres this quaint little store on the staples side of waterford that sells retros and consoles and repairs. Only problem is... the DS i bought had no SERIAL so gamestop wouldn't take it when I went to trade-up to 3DS.

I'm going to be in orlando, and was wondering what are some good mom and pop stores to check out in the area.I more interested in older systems.

I really needed somewhere to rant a bit, hopefully since they're in the area you guys may understand.  I'm trying not to be "that guy" on Facebook by just shitting all over their posts but Gameworld in Kissimmee  are a bunch of idiots.   They post rants about businesses selling items for more than the SRP then go and sell incomplete copies of the .hack games for $70-$100.  The kicker today was a tease they posted about getting in a "very rare" Shin Megami Tensei game for PS2 and then they reveal its DS2 which was reprinted and still has 105 copies under $25 shipped on Amazon.  God only knows what they're selling it for under the guise of it being "very rare".

Their facebook for those that want a good laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/GameWorldWeb

Last edited by a moderator:
I really needed somewhere to rant a bit, hopefully since they're in the area you guys may understand. I'm trying not to be "that guy" on Facebook by just shitting all over their posts but Gameworld in Kissimmee are a bunch of idiots. They post rants about businesses selling items for more than the SRP then go and sell incomplete copies of the .hack games for $70-$100. The kicker today was a tease they posted about getting in a "very rare" Shin Megami Tensei game for PS2 and then they reveal its DS2 which was reprinted and still has 105 copies under $25 shipped on Amazon. God only knows what they're selling it for under the guise of it being "very rare".

Their facebook for those that want a good laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/GameWorldWeb
I didn't even know that place existed, and I drive through downtown Kissimmee at least once a week.

Gameworld used to be great back in the day when it was owned by Matt, But he sold it, and you're right the new owners are crazy. They used to have a store over by the old Target in town, I went in about a year ago and they had 2 or 3 360 games and the rest was all overpriced previous generation crap. 

Any Orlando folk looking for a PS4, Kmart on OBT/Sand Lk Rd has 2, Ive been in there the past 3 days doing various shopping and they haven't moved yet.

Gameworld used to be great back in the day when it was owned by Matt, But he sold it, and you're right the new owners are crazy. They used to have a store over by the old Target in town, I went in about a year ago and they had 2 or 3 360 games and the rest was all overpriced previous generation crap.
Not surprisingly, they're closing down again, though according to them the landlord is selling the building they were in. Amazingly I found 2 items that were decently priced on their website but of course it was too good to be true because they're telling me the two games wont fit in the tiny unpadded flat rate envelope and asking if I want to pay more to upgrade to a medium flat rate box ($7 more) even though they'll fit in a small flat rate box (20 cents more) or a padded flat rate mailer (35 cents more).

I'm trying to keep civil as they're selling the items for half of what they're going for online, but the fact that they cant even run a simple web store either is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back