Orlando CAGs, where you at?

Otherguy676

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Well, my gf just got accepted to UCF for grad school, so I will now be spending plenty of time in the Orlando area. I have already located several pawn shops and Gamerushes in the Orlando and Oviedo area. Does anyone know of a easy "pawn shop route" (we have one in Tampa that is quick and easy)?

I was in S&F Games the other day (the classic game shop on 17-92 in Winter Park near Fairbanks, used to be on Colonial) and was told they are planning on retiring soon. They are looking for buyers, and basically were trying to sell the business to me :lol:.

Hopefully someone picks up the torch and maybe expands onto the concept a bit more. They certainly have a good thing going there & it would be a shame to see a store like that go.

No, we can't let my baby die! I started this thread 3 1/2 years ago and to see it blossom to 200 some odd posts. Come on Orlando, we need more deals!:)

[quote name='serenitygod']yeah they might as well close this thread it has been 4 months sense last post and GR8asian never even bothered to do anything.[/QUOTE]
What am I supposed to be doing now? I've been hammered with schoolwork since summer semester and haven't had much free time to do anything besides workout at home and participate in some running events.

Deal wise I haven't seen much the past few months. The SuperTarget near Kaley & Orange had a decent amount of clearance games :)psp:Monster Hunter Freedom, :360:Farcry 2, :360::ps3:Ghostbusters are some of the titles I recall) when I stopped in last week, and I was able to find a lone copy of :360:Wolfenstein at a Target near me on my way home today. Also, if anyone was unaware the Gamestop across from Florida Mall closed and a Play-n-Trade sprouted up in its place.

I don't check out K-Mart or Sears, so there might be some deals there, but I really haven't seen much in the limited amount of time I've had to go out bargain hunting.

Yeah I work by that play-n-trade and on mondays they give out 20% for trade ins and accessories good store but prices are meh..got a nice collection of ps2 sealed games though (wild arms persona 3) anybody in orlando got a ps3 for sale?? COME ON ORLANDO LETS KEEP IT ACTIVE. and I also used to work at that Target in SoDO also lol..best place for clearance since its a fairly new target.. its one year anniversary was last month

I live by Tampa but keep this thread tagged because I come up to Orlando nearly once a month. It surprises me how inactive this thread is. Surely some cool crap must be happening over there?

Just moved to the Orlando area, I live in Cocoa.
I hit a lot of stores looking for cheap video game deals.
Ill start posting them in here to hook some CAGs up as im only into truly cheap games.

One place to go is Flea World in Sanford (or any Flea Market) in the Orlando and Cocoa area.

My friend got a Like new DSi with charger, with Kirby Squeak Squad, a $50 Brew for Home all for $140. They have a lot of cheap video game deals if you know where to look and the right people to talk to.

We also picked up 10 used DVD's for $20 including Star Wars the good ones and other ones.

I say check out flea markets as they are a great place to find deals

I even found a N64 memory card for $2. Almost beat Pokemon Snap

Ill echo the flea markets, there is one that was my secret stash that I used to go to but its dry now and has been since the beginning of summer. A PNT owner goes there every Saturday and buys everything up, he also made deals with the dealers to call him before hand. Before this happened though I found

Virtual Boy - $5
Super Famicom DBZ - $3 cart only
Ogre Battle 64 - $3 Cart only
Atari Lynx with California Games - $3
Amiga CD32 with Britannica - $10 - My WTF is this find, I have never seen one before or since
Steel Battalion Controller and Pedal - $10
Model 2 SNES - $5
Model 2 (top loader) Nes - $3
Various games and consoles

I had a streak where I found a rare / hard to find counsel each visit, for a place I went to maybe 10 times max, I did very well.

The Target at Waterford Lakes had a few copies of Red Faction for 360 on the clearance rack for about $20 or so. I don't see much on clearance at that Target very often.

I think the only flea market I've been to recently was a couple months ago in Aburndale. Found a Model 1 Sega Genesis w/ hookups and two 6 button 1st party controllers for $10. The Goodwill by Florida Mall used to have some decent games once in a while, but lately their prices have been jacked up.

Ya thats the thing with some Flea Markets is that the people think their games are worth a lot.
Like $15 and up for gba games that arent good or rare.
Some are crazy but every know and then you find some ok ones that just want to unload them and you get some good deals.

Im going tomoro to a guy selling ds games for $5 like Rythm Heaven and stuff. Ok games to add to my collection.

Check out your local Hollywood Videos and Movie Galleries for there used $4.99 sale on used games.

Just leave some for me.

Yeah, some people value their games way too much at the flea markets now. A little while ago I tried purchasing Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kai and offered $5 for it, but the guy didn't want to break up his crappy PS1 bundle which he wanted $90 for :whistle2:s

I haven't seen a Hollywood Video or Movie Gallery by me in 5 years +

Hey guys. If you live in the Orlando area head to the Wal-Mart in West Orlando near the Lowes and Wendy's.
I didnt buy but they had some $10 games. Like The Last Remant, a bunch of Bass Fishing, some Wii titles and a bunch odd ds games in the gaming section. They looked to be restocking more by the time we left.. Nothing spectacular.

If your near Sanford check out the HWV near the mall. The have a ton of ps2, xbox, 360 games for sale with the $4.99 sale. They have a copy of Saints row 2 for ps3.

[quote name='adriley313']Hey guys. If you live in the Orlando area head to the Wal-Mart in West Orlando near the Lowes and Wendy's.[/QUOTE]

Which one is that? I'm going through the stores in West Orlando, and can't match it.

[quote name='kojubat']Which one is that? I'm going through the stores in West Orlando, and can't match it.[/QUOTE]

had to ask my friend
West sand lake road and john young parkway
thats the crossroads.

They had a couple copies of :bouncy:The Last Remnant for $10 and some more $10 games for various sizes. Mainly went there for a iTunes card but being a CAG I had to check out the game section.

[quote name='adriley313']had to ask my friend
West sand lake road and john young parkway
thats the crossroads.

They had a couple copies of :bouncy:The Last Remnant for $10 and some more $10 games for various sizes. Mainly went there for a iTunes card but being a CAG I had to check out the game section.[/QUOTE]

Oh, gotcha, I didn't go south enough, and I avoid that Walmart whenever possible. :)

Ok was at The Flordia Mall today and to get my ipod touch fixed and since im a gamer stopped at all the games stores.

The major find was at the FYE thats closing down. So everything is like 30-60% off.
Games included. They had tons of 360 games and all the other console including a bunch of GBA games for the people into them.

Not much ds games. All to over priced. Final Fantasy 3, Trace Memory, FF chocobo tales. i got Wario Touch for cheap so you just got search.

They had Halo 3 Limited Edition tins a bunch for i think $40 a pop.
They had a ton of 360 games though you have to search thur them to find the good stuff. I say Straglehold for $10.

Word is they are closing at the beginning of the year. So hit them up and find out when they are closing for better deals. i know i will.

[quote name='adriley313']Ok was at The Flordia Mall today and to get my ipod touch fixed and since im a gamer stopped at all the games stores.

The major find was at the FYE thats closing down. So everything is like 30-60% off.
Games included. They had tons of 360 games and all the other console including a bunch of GBA games for the people into them.

Not much ds games. All to over priced. Final Fantasy 3, Trace Memory, FF chocobo tales. i got Wario Touch for cheap so you just got search.

They had Halo 3 Limited Edition tins a bunch for i think $40 a pop.
They had a ton of 360 games though you have to search thur them to find the good stuff. I say Straglehold for $10.

Word is they are closing at the beginning of the year. So hit them up and find out when they are closing for better deals. i know i will.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised since that seems to do well, but then again as far as I recall most of their inventory was typically overpriced. I'll have to see if there are any decent finds this week.

FYE in the Florida mall is moving so everything is 50 percent off saw alot of meh 360 and ps3 games all dvd's and anime still looked in tact

@dxbrbnk: Nope, been sick. It's worth a try, but depending on the BB they will most likely try to call to see if Sears has it in stock.

@stefpimp: I was there the other day and saw the same. Out of all the junk games they had I was only really interested in America's Army, but the line was too long for my tastes. I was tempted to pick up a couple Blu-Rays: Blood: the Last Vampire, Persepolis, and Paprika however I though $18 was still a little steep.

Are everyone else Target clearance sections picked clean after last weeks ad?

Stopped by FYE @ Florida Mall today and the majority of their inventory is atill 50% off. I think all the blu-rays are gone, but the anime and gaming sections are pretty intact. They have a gaming liquidation deal going on right now too :360:Halo 3 (Regular or Special Edition) for $9.99 and :360:Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 for $4.99

[quote name='FusionHype']Any good video game pick ups for the PS3/PS2?[/QUOTE]

If you mean at FYE then no. From what I saw the selection was pretty poor with the 'highlights' being: Marvel Ultimate Alliance, IUntold Legends: Dark Kingdom, and Lair. All of which, were still after the 50% off.

Wow, i've been playing on this forum for a few months and I just now discovered this thread. Live in titusville, and most of my great finds seem to be at all of the pawn shops in the cocoa and merritt island area

FYE is still open with most stuff between 50-80% off. Last gen games I saw were 80% off, although I didn't see any quality titles. I was surprised that I saw :360:Beatles Rock Band (game only) was there and I picked up a copy for $24 :)

[quote name='MtlTom']So does anyone in the Orlando area have a PS1 Namco joystick they'd be willing to part with? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I don't own one.

That gamestop deal on campus sounds ridiculous. They should put another food place there or something.

I'll have to check out blockbuster sometime soon. Sucks they might be going out of business since I go there regularly.

So it looks like all of the Targets are dry since they switched to the new layout. Where are the go-to spots in Orlando now?

I don't live in Orlando, but I do live in a city that is somewhat close to that city. I don't usually go there for games, unless someone hollers at a sale.

There are a couple Sears in the Orlando area that still have copies of guitar Hero world tour PS3 for $3.97

I know the Sanford & Ocoee stores had quite a few of them.

Any chance someone that is near the Winter Haven Corners GS would be able to pick up something for me and have it shipped?

Its only 99 cents, but i'd be willing to be $7 shipped for it. Please PM me if you can.

Thanks.

[quote name='Bezerker']Any chance someone that is near the Winter Haven Corners GS would be able to pick up something for me and have it shipped?

Its only 99 cents, but i'd be willing to be $7 shipped for it. Please PM me if you can.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't notice this post until now, I haven't checked the thread in a bit. Were you able to get what you wanted?

[quote name='Bezerker']Unfortunately it sold on Weds, which really sucks because tomorrow I am going to be driving through there.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. It wasn't really close to me, but I would have picked whatever it was up if I was nearby.

A bit pricy, but if anyone was looking for :360:Modern Warfare 2 Prestige edition the Best Buy across from Florida Mall has a bunched marked down to $129.99.

[quote name='gr8asianman']
A bit pricy, but if anyone was looking for :360:Modern Warfare 2 Prestige edition the Best Buy across from Florida Mall has a bunched marked down to $129.99.[/QUOTE]

The TRU in Ocoee had them for $90. I grabbed the last one for PS3. They're going out of business so all games are 40% off, accessories are 60% and guides are 70%. They had quite a bit of games left, but I think most of it is cheaper online/elsewhere even after the 40% off.

I didn't ask, the aisles were getting pretty barren so i'd assume only a couple weeks left. I dont think im gonna be back up in Orlando til November, so it'll probably be gone by then.

This thread sure is a busy one, eh?

So, that Toys-R-Us has eight days left and just about everything is 50% or more off. Games are at 50%, but there isn't much left I saw a couple copies of :360: Bioshock 2 & Left for Dead 2. I was able to nab :360: Bayonetta & Battle Fantasia at $17 and $8 respectively and an Iron Man 2 Mighty Mugg for $6.

bread's done
Back