Otomedius Excellent Pre-Order drops to $29.99 @ Gamestop.com & Amazon.com

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
As of today this game is now $29.99 on Amazon and Best Buy for standard editions. You can safetly switch your pre-orders to Amazon for no tax (in most states) and free shipping (everywhere). Not sure if they would add release date delivery for a product like this, if they do I will update the OP again (or if the price drops again to say $20).

This is now wikied so anyone can feel free to contribute to this thread as I will not have Internet for near a month, but should have it just in time for when this title is out.

Right now the release date is 11/1 which of course is always subject to change. (Game has been pushed back all year now.)

The collectors editon for $20 extra comes with: Pillowcase, Artbook and Game Soundtrack. Not too shabby.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003WY86NE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 Standard Edition at $25.10 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Otomedius-Exc...YZXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308291351&sr=8-1 Collectors Editions OOS as of 2/7/2012

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960 Standard Edition $29.99 Best Buy

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/otomedius-excellent/77876 Gamestop online looks to only be supplying the collectors edition for now. (OOS as of 2/7/2012. Pre-Owned is $39.99.)

Wal-Mart currently wants $40 for this and a few other sites are over the new MSRP. If anyone happens to find any cheap deals on this game in the future feel free to wiki edit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIuPCFC3Cw&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon just has the game as listed as OOS. Has anybody received a shipping notice? I ordered it July 13th with 2-day shipping.

[quote name='Dkellar']Amazon just has the game as listed as OOS. Has anybody received a shipping notice? I ordered it July 13th with 2-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ordered back in June, and mine's not shipped. At this point, I want to cancel just because there's now too many games being released.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I just got the preorder bonus codes from my GameStop order if that says anything...[/QUOTE]

Did you order the game online? I pre-ordered in-store... so I wonder if the code would print out on the receipt for me.

CE says temp out of stock on Amazon...
And regular ships in 1-3 months. (i realize it's just placeholder, but i wonder if they shipped any out already)

Hmm.

[quote name='dallow']CE says temp out of stock on Amazon...
And regular ships in 1-3 months. (i realize it's just placeholder, but i wonder if they shipped any out already)

Hmm.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Amazon has received any. They typically put up the temp out of stock and 1-3 months (or sometimes 2-4 weeks) if a game is scheduled to release, but they haven't received it yet. Once the inventory comes in, it will go back to in-stock status. Unfortunately, it looks like this was delayed for another week.

Picked up my copy of Fate/Extra LE today at gamestop, but they didn't get in any of the preorder booklets. Of course they had no idea about OE, so I figured later in the week. But if it is pushed back till next week, then so be it. I'll just believe its out when I see it.

Stopped by my local Gamestop to get Sonic Generation and Otomedius Excellent. Got Sonic, but OE was pushed/street dated for Nov. 2, tomorrow.

Next week would be better for me since I might get Metal Gear Solid HD Collection limited edition as well. Ouch, didn't realize I'll be spending about $130 ($50+$80) plus taxes at Gamestop.

Yeah, website is saying next week for OE. Hope, I pre-ordered MGS HD LE early enough.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Picked up my copy of Fate/Extra LE today at gamestop, but they didn't get in any of the preorder booklets.[/QUOTE]

Preorder booklets are online only...

I checked yesterday when picking up Sonic Generations & they didn't have it. Konami mentioned on Twitter that it only shipped yesterday, so they might not be available at all retailers.

Also, you might wanna download this to be able to be matched with people online who got the pre-order DLC ship.

My amazon preorder is at the "shipping soon" stage with a delivery set for tomorrow. Next day shipping isn't out of the ordinary with Amazon for me (probably messenger courier service or something) so I should get the game sometimes tomorrow!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Stopped by my local Gamestop to get Sonic Generation and Otomedius Excellent. Got Sonic, but OE was pushed/street dated for Nov. 2, tomorrow.

Next week would be better for me since I might get Metal Gear Solid HD Collection limited edition as well. Ouch, didn't realize I'll be spending about $130 ($50+$80) plus taxes at Gamestop.

Yeah, website is saying next week for OE. Hope, I pre-ordered MGS HD LE early enough.[/QUOTE]

Spoke to my GS guys last night about OE and they said the game would probably be shipped overnight so they would call me in the morning if the game was in their shipments. I hope they're right!!

Got an e-mail overnight from Amazon saying that my Otomedius CE was shipped. FINALLY! :D

[quote name='Zonic505']
Also, you might wanna download this to be able to be matched with people online who got the pre-order DLC ship.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the "exclusive" Gamestop DLC for preorders? Thanks for posting that link so I can be truly happy that I didn't give any money to FailStop.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']
Isn't that the "exclusive" Gamestop DLC for preorders? Thanks for posting that link so I can be truly happy that I didn't give any money to FailStop.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from GS.. and I'd be upset if that were the playable version of the ship... but i think it just allows you to see the ship on other players who have the code? If it is the playable ship, good for all those who didnt go through GS, but I'd be upset at GS for letting this "exclusive" get away.:drool:

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']
Isn't that the "exclusive" Gamestop DLC for preorders? Thanks for posting that link so I can be truly happy that I didn't give any money to FailStop.[/QUOTE]

You can be happy that you can play with people online who have the ship... But you're otherwise out of luck.

Amazon now has the game instock while mine is listed as "shipping soon." Does the GS DLC ship have better stats or anything that would change the game play?

[quote name='Dkellar']Amazon now has the game instock while mine is listed as "shipping soon." Does the GS DLC ship have better stats or anything that would change the game play?[/QUOTE]

It's just a different skin for an existing character AFAIK.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Isn't that the "exclusive" Gamestop DLC for preorders? Thanks for posting that link so I can be truly happy that I didn't give any money to FailStop.[/QUOTE]No, it seems to just be something so you can play with people online who got the DLC ship from GameStop. As it says in the description: "If you do not own RV VicViper T-301, you can still download this library to be matched with other players who have this content."

Think of it like those packs you could download for Dead Rising 2 so you could play with someone who downloaded one of the skill packs.

& yes, eastx is correct. It's just a skin to make the main pilot/character (Aoba Anoa, the Gradius themed pilot) look different.

Despite getting 3 games this month that I pre-ordered, maybe I'll see if I can get this. I'm tempted to wait until it's $20 or so & once I have more free time.

just got a call from gamestop, the guy told me they received an email saying OE will arrive to stores tomorrow for those that pre-ordered.

[quote name='shivan128']just got a call from gamestop, the guy told me they received an email saying OE will arrive to stores tomorrow for those that pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

From my understanding Gamestop will hold your preordered game(s) for 48 hours/two days counting the release day or not counting the release day.

So that means I have only Saturday and Sunday at the lastest to pick it up if Friday Nov. 4th is the real selling date! Argh, having to work 12 hours on both of those days is annoying. I'd prefer picking it up on Nov. 8 with Nov. 9 or the 10th being the latest.

[quote name='shivan128']just got a call from gamestop, the guy told me they received an email saying OE will arrive to stores tomorrow for those that pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

I was told the same thing when I called today. I'm really curious to see what this special edition looks like.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']From my understanding Gamestop will hold your preordered game(s) for 48 hours/two days counting the release day or not counting the release day.

So that means I have only Saturday and Sunday at the lastest to pick it up if Friday Nov. 4th is the real selling date! Argh, having to work 12 hours on both of those days is annoying. I'd prefer picking it up on Nov. 8 with Nov. 9 or the 10th being the latest.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that if it is a special/collectors edition, you have 2 days. For standard stuff, they'll just hold it for a week or 2. This has been a long wait, hopefully it's not a disappointment.

[quote name='shivan128']My understanding is that if it is a special/collectors edition, you have 2 days. For standard stuff, they'll just hold it for a week or 2. This has been a long wait, hopefully it's not a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that about the week or 2 for regular/standard stuff. I always picked up mine the day after I get the "call" from Ashley telling me my pre-order has arrived.

Still haven't gotten that "call" / mostly prerecorded message yet. Then again, I didn't hear one for Sonic Generation when I picked it up on release day.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Did not know that about the week or 2 for regular/standard stuff. I always picked up mine the day after I get the "call" from Ashley telling me my pre-order has arrived.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the store. The only GS store I've ever not hated held Catherine for me for over a month, til they finally called me and asked if they could sell it, because it was their last copy.

(I didn't want to cancel, cause I've given the girl that worked there a lot of shit, mostly when the GBA games were being clearanced. I took like 50 carts on like 10 receipts for return-rebuy, lol...)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Did not know that about the week or 2 for regular/standard stuff. I always picked up mine the day after I get the "call" from Ashley telling me my pre-order has arrived.

Still haven't gotten that "call" / mostly prerecorded message yet. Then again, I didn't hear one for Sonic Generation when I picked it up on release day.[/QUOTE]

I get text messages about new releases usually, and got ones for Fate/extra and sonic, but didn't get one for uncharted 3. Guess I need to call my gamestop.

Just got a text message from Gamestop that my otomedius preorder will be available for pick up friday pm. (I've found that typically means after 1pm when the UPS truck arrives) yay!

[quote name='JediKiller24']Just got a text message from Gamestop that my otomedius preorder will be available for pick up friday pm. (I've found that typically means after 1pm when the UPS truck arrives) yay![/QUOTE]

I received my text message as well :bouncy:

So GameStop's site says that they only have the Limited Edition. Did anyone here pre-order or know if they'll carry the standard $30 edition? I'm hoping to take advantage of an offer & get more money towards the game, but if they only have the LE (which, to me, is meh), then I'll have to get it from some place else.

I got a shipping notice from Amazon. They sent it UPS Next Day Air instead of the standard two-day Prime shipping, nice! Hopefully I'll have time to play it before work.

[quote name='Dkellar']I got a shipping notice from Amazon. They sent it UPS Next Day Air instead of the standard two-day Prime shipping, nice! Hopefully I'll have time to play it before work.[/QUOTE]
Bam, got my email about an hour ago from Amazon. Also showing next day air for delivery date of TOMORROW! Woo! Got a little something extra to look forward to after work for the weekend.

Well, I checked with my GameStop. Only the copies that were pre-ordered got shipped, while the normal copies will arrive Tuesday (that'd explain the date). & just like the site said, they're only going to carry the Limited Edition. Guess I'm gonna have to either wait for it to be on sale or find someplace to get the regular edition.

Well mine was suppose to delivered as of 2 but the 3rd party service didnt deliver it. God I hate when amazon uses random 3rd party people

[quote name='visceralentity']is gamestop going to have the vanilla copy? i already have a pillow case.[/QUOTE]

They've never had it available from the get go, on the CE. You'll have to either wait for a USED copy, see if Best Buy gets it, or just get it off Amazon.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Just went and picked mine up during my lunch break. If I don't play more FFXIII tonight, I think this is going in the ole xbox tonight :D[/QUOTE]

ZxT you need to get your gaming vision checked. You trash WKC2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia, but you want to go play more ff13? Red flag!

That said, wow this game looks cool, just found out about it. Bummer its just 360 though... need some ps3 lovin. Although I've got a 360, but I just hate to fire the brick oven up if I can help it.

:whistle2:/

EDIT: They're ALL great games in their own way. WKC2 is like that stray dog with 3 legs named tripod that you can't help but love. Neptunia is so bad it's good (and it isn't chaos wars!). And FF13 is so good it's good!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='callmewoof']ZxT you need to get your gaming vision checked. You trash WKC2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia, but you want to go play more ff13? Red flag!

That said, wow this game looks cool, just found out about it. Bummer its just 360 though... need some ps3 lovin. Although I've got a 360, but I just hate to fire the brick oven up if I can help it.

:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

My gaming vision is just fine. I love Final Fantasy XIII!!! :D

[quote name='Gosha']For anyone that picked it up, is the Gamestop DLC on the receipt or in the box?[/QUOTE]

Receipt.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']My gaming vision is just fine. I love Final Fantasy XIII!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with liking mediocre RPGs. ;)

[quote name='Gosha']They've never had it available from the get go, on the CE. You'll have to either wait for a USED copy, see if Best Buy gets it, or just get it off Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Actually Gamestop is supposed to get the regular version in stores. Just with all Konami's craziness regarding the release no one knows exactly when it will show up.

Some have said it should be next week.

picture.php

It exists! :whee:

bread's done
Back