OTT 586: The Legend Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was concerned that Tony Hawk was going to grind across Demolition Man's glasses for infriging upon the name "Demolition Radio".

-

I traded an extra SNES and Super Mario World (and a Tetris 2) I had to someone that works at a thrift store I frequent for a big ol' stack of NES games.  My bundle was worth about $90, and the stack of games was worth about $160, so that was a pretty good deal. :cool:

I also bought a copy of Dracula from 1897 worth around $170-200 at that same thrift store that same day.

Last edited:
I don't know what I was expecting when I started watching Twin Peaks, but the pilot is such a mind fuck having playing Deadly Premonition first because Twin Peaks is lovingly recreated in DP and there are some story beats that became missions in DP.

Interesting conversation I had with a gas station clerk.

The clerk is in his early 20s.  Pretty fat with glasses and has a longish toddler's haircut.

He's rubbed me in the wrong way in the past.  It seems like he has some sort of mental problem where he has to be as annoying as possible.  And I'm talking SUPER-ANNOYING.

I had just woken up this morning, so I was kind of grumpy.  When I saw him at the counter, I was like, "... Oh, God..."

I walk up to the counter.

Clerk:  Do you like spiders?

Me:  Not really.

Clerk:  (he throws his hands up in the air) So you're like EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA WHO HATES SPIDERS.  HOW ORIGINAL.

Me:  Could I have $20 on pump 3?

Clerk:  I DON'T KNOW, CAN YA?

Me:  Good point.  I guess let me just have $5 instead.  (I wait for him to enter the $5.)

Clerk:  Anything else?

Me:  Yeah.  Can I have $20 on pump 3?

Clerk:  You bastard. 

I was concerned that Tony Hawk was going to grind across Demolition Man's glasses for infriging upon the name "Demolition Radio".

-

I traded an extra SNES and Super Mario World (and a Tetris 2) I had to someone that works at a thrift store I frequent for a big ol' stack of NES games. My bundle was worth about $9, and the stack of games was worth about $160, so that was a pretty good deal. :cool:

I also bought a copy of Dracula from 1897 worth around $170-200 at that same thrift store that same day.
Wow, nice finds!

Thanks!

I just noticed I said my SNES bundle was worth $9.  I meant $90. :fridge:

Best item I've found at a thirft store so far was a $650 - $750 Revell rocketship model from - I think - the early '60s.  It's considered the "Holy Grail" of rocketship models.  I got it for $4.99.  Complete and unpainted with the stickers still on their original sheet.  I almost pooped myself.  I still have it, but I'm definitely gonna sell it.

Last edited:
I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.I'm talking to you AND your mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was 430 but I hope you put your sunglasses on all David Caruso stlye and then hopped in your car and blasted the who .

Ahahaha.

I felt like I was channeling Dirty Harry.  I was also wearing a Weird Al "Pentiums" t-shirt.

Ugh, I hate having the correct answer on a test, and then changing it because I second guess myself. I know I fucked up two problems on my corporate finance test because of that. Shit is going to drive me crazy. Hoping that doesn't ding me too hard. Not looking for a great grade on it. As long as I get a B in the class I will be happy. My GPA can take the hit. 

I guess I really had no idea the iPhone 6 was still so hot... I fully expected to walk into Verizon and just buy one today, who knew all of the carrier stores and Apple stores are OOS but Sprint. I guess online it is.

What degrees did you earn prior? I've been thinking of going for an MBA once I finish up my current degree.

Apple Pay is so the future. Went into a Micky D's, ordered the burger, cashier placed the order, used my phone, done in under 10 seconds.

Most people don't even realize they have NFC in their cards.  I get at least ten people per day where I work who swipe their NFC credit cards.  I'm more interested in the online version of Apple Pay honestly, using it on websites and such.

Even though this weeks wasn't as good, the whole second half had me in stitches. Bum rushing the grocery store was fantastic.
I haven't seen that one yet. I think I missed the last two.

Amazon fire tv sticks are on pre-order sale for $19 until tomorrowish for amazon prime members. I bought two, one as a gift and one for me.

I still need to decide on a costume for Halloween. Thinking of dressing up as Randy Marsh but that's only if I actually take the time to make one of the big cardboard face masks. I don't know, I just was something simple, home made and something that doesn't get in the way of my drinking.

GCU 2-year membership is free at BB this week with the purchase of the $15 ATT Z222 Go Phone.

I got it last week for $30when Forza Horizon 2 was on sale.  What was cool is they also discounted FH2 even further on the same transaction.  For $119, Im not so sure, but for $30, I'll pay for itself this holiday season.

If I were to put a Quadruple on layaway at Walmart, would I be able to get it price adjusted when/if it goes on sale on Black Friday?

Just trying to figure out a way to get one on lock.

The ones on BF are probably going to be in a distinct bundle.

That best buy trade in deal for an xbone is really good. 200 dollars for an xbone after trading in a slim or 250 gb xbox 360 is a really good deal. Especially when you factor in getting one of the sunset overdrive or assassin's creed bundles.

If you trade in a slim ps3 or an xbox 360 with 250 gb hard drive you get a hundred dollar gift card and a fifty dollar coupon to use on an xbox one. That would make it 200 after trade in.

Gamer's Club Unlocked is nice because its 20% off all new games and a 10% bonus trade in add on at Best Buy. Combined with the 10 dollar pre-order promo's a lot of games have had, has made games a really good deal.

Got the best buy gamers club unlocked for $5 after price matching the cheap tracfone from radioshack this morning.

Need one of those sweet $200 deals for the ps4. No way I'd get an xbox one after the shit they tried to pull and the 100% failure rate of the original 360's.

Ended up at taco bell (not my choice) and ordered one of the big boxes since if I'm eating shitty food, might as well try to win a ps4. But in true Taco Bell fashion, I was given the food with no box. Brutal. I think this also happened to me the last time they did a ps4 contest. fuck taco bell.

Xbox one has been pretty solid. It ain't the 360 in terms of reliability. My first one didn't update correctly so I returned it, but I havent had any problems with it. My ps4 seems to have more problems than my Xbox. Ps4 will sometimes lose power completely when in standby mode which means console doesn't shut down correctly.

My brother's ps4 does the disc ejection thingy every once in a while. This just reminds me that I should wait until at least next black Friday.

It's getting old living in Florida.  We re-elected the same shitbag governor, and a simple majority of 58% means that we didn't pass medical MJ either.  Huzzah.

Xbox one has been pretty solid. It ain't the 360 in terms of reliability. My first one didn't update correctly so I returned it, but I havent had any problems with it. My ps4 seems to have more problems than my Xbox. Ps4 will sometimes lose power completely when in standby mode which means console doesn't shut down correctly.
Did this happen after downloading the 2.0 update? Cause mine does the exact same thing. Anytime I put it in standby mode, the whole system basically bricks and will not turn back on unless I take the cord out of the back to shut it off completely. Apparently a lot of other people are having the same problems so it's suggested just to shut the system down completely until they patch it.

And agreed with GCU, totally worth it. If you keep stacking the preorder promo with GCU, it comes out to be around $38 for a brand new game.

That dude has spent a lot of time talking about jacking it and chicks with dicks. I would think it was a joke account if posts weren't so infrequent.
I just checked out his other posts. :rofl:

I think I'm gonna get a PS4 very soon. I can't wait to play with my friends again. :cry:

Did this happen after downloading the 2.0 update? Cause mine does the exact same thing. Anytime I put it in standby mode, the whole system basically bricks and will not turn back on unless I take the cord out of the back to shut it off completely. Apparently a lot of other people are having the same problems so it's suggested just to shut the system down completely until they patch it.

And agreed with GCU, totally worth it. If you keep stacking the preorder promo with GCU, it comes out to be around $38 for a brand new game.
Its been happening to me since launch. It acts like I pull out the power cord sometimes.

Glad to hear you are getting a quad brake.

Thanks, playa.

I'm enjoying Titanfall, but I'm really wishing that I was playing Advanced Warfare on That Quad. :'''(

You don't have to duck. Wii U is the shit. Make sure you play the dlc for bioshock 2 its so good.

Also the ps4 controller is top notch. Shits on all the old designs.

Played advance warfare's campaign. Feels like cod had sex with fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back