Out NOW! 5 New GBA Player's Choice-Mario World-Kart-Zelda LttP-Pokemon Fire/Leaf-$19

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
UPDATE: Out now!

Nintendo has announced the following Game Boy Advance games will be re-released as Player's Choice on Oct 2 for $19.99

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
Mario Kart Super Circuit
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past/Four Swords
Pokemon FireRed
Pokemon LeafGreen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kawnhr']Yes. $20 is a great price for it.[/QUOTE]
If you can find it, you can get LTTP and Pitfall bundled together for $9 from Circuit City.

[quote name='nwaugh']If you can find it, you can get LTTP and Pitfall bundled together for $9 from Circuit City.[/quote]
yup i got mine from Circuit City i dont care about the pitfall but the Zelda LTTP is totally worth it, heck i would ever pay $20 PC price

[quote name='Sad Turtle']yup i got mine from Circuit City i dont care about the pitfall but the Zelda LTTP is totally worth it, heck i would ever pay $20 PC price[/QUOTE]

I think, though I'm not sure, that my mom got mine for me for $70 waaaay back in the day. For a while, Circuit City had dropped the GBA LTTP by itself to $2, and interestingly enough, she picked that one up for me too since all of the CCs where I live were out of stock.

Riveting stories, I know.

I still got my copy of 2 Zelda:LTTP (SNES Orginal print) one of them is still stealed
Having young link voice in the GBA port kill it for me

I would like to sometime see Mario vs Donkey Kong, and maybe Fire Emblem, so we don't get any more postings of sitewhores selling us sealed Fire Emblems for the "deal" of $50.00. ;)

My wishlist for the next batch of PC GBA titles

Super Mario 3
Zelda Minish Cap
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Pokemon Ruby/Emerald
Mario Golf/Tennis
Metroid Zero Mission/Fusion

And for chrissakes Nintendo, bring the following to the US GBA:

Mother series
Polarium Advance
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Kururin Paradise
bit Generations series
F-Zero Climax

So the only difference between FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire is that Leaf and Fire are remakes of the Gameboy Red and Blue? Well, that's the one I want! FireRed to be exact, just because of the coverart and name.

So then what's the deal with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald? Are those 3 sort of a different world from Leafgreen and Firered?

[quote name='Archgarth']I would like to sometime see Mario vs Donkey Kong, and maybe Fire Emblem, so we don't get any more postings of sitewhores selling us sealed Fire Emblems for the "deal" of $50.00. ;)[/quote]

Yep, FE is really hard to find cheap. I really want it to be PC.

suprised they didn't put Saphiere and Ruby on the list first. That'll be funny for those 2 newer ones be 20 while some stores have the older 2 at the 34.99 price point.

But i know at Toysrus, zelda has been 19.95 for a while, if they have it in stock.

I don't care about the PC packaging for GBA games, since my GBA boxes are just stacked on top of each other. GC PC casing is easy enough to remedy with a sharpie, since so little of the cover art is cropped by the Player's Choice art.

I really have been wanting Super Mario World.. fucking gamestop charges $27 for it used.. I got it for $20 when it originally came out back in 02.. wish i had never traded it in!

Didn't know LOZ: Minish Cap was a hard game to find..there'e many copies at my Best Buy and Toys R' Us..but I have no desire to buy it..unless it's "rare", than I'll sell it, just to make a profit.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Didn't know LOZ: Minish Cap was a hard game to find..there'e many copies at my Best Buy and Toys R' Us..but I have no desire to buy it..unless it's "rare", than I'll sell it, just to make a profit.[/quote]

it's rare to find on sale that is. It's been sitting at Wal-Mart like all the other games.

and i didn't even know that ruby and saphhire preceeded firered and leafgreen lol

GBA games are way overpriced as it is. $20 for 4 year old ports of 15 year old games shouldn't be a good price. I vomit in rage every time I see SMB3 for $30 at BB or Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Jeoff']GBA games are way overpriced as it is. $20 for 4 year old ports of 15 year old games shouldn't be a good price. I vomit in rage every time I see SMB3 for $30 at BB or Wal-Mart.[/quote]im the same way except i dont vomit in rage lol

I agree with many of you that claim it should be $14.99 or $9.99.

Charging the same price as the GameCube Player's Choice is not right for many reasons.

It doesn't take as long to program a GameBoy game than a GameCube game and we are still getting cardboard boxes instead of plastic cases to house these GameBoy games.

[quote name='Jeoff']GBA games are way overpriced as it is. $20 for 4 year old ports of 15 year old games shouldn't be a good price. I vomit in rage every time I see SMB3 for $30 at BB or Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem paying $20 to play one of the greatest games of all time on a new handheld. Playing NES and SNES games on the go used to require some homemade portable system the size of a toaster, and you could not just go buy one either.

These NES and SNES ports are a great deal in my opinion.

see http://www.benheck.com

NESp%20by%20hand%20BIG.jpg

SNESp%20Hand%20Built%20Main%20Pic.jpg

[quote name='nintendokid']So the only difference between FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire is that Leaf and Fire are remakes of the Gameboy Red and Blue? Well, that's the one I want! FireRed to be exact, just because of the coverart and name.

So then what's the deal with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald? Are those 3 sort of a different world from Leafgreen and Firered?[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon#Third_generation

[quote name='4tygames']I agree with many of you that claim it should be $14.99 or $9.99.

Charging the same price as the GameCube Player's Choice is not right for many reasons.

It doesn't take as long to program a GameBoy game than a GameCube game and we are still getting cardboard boxes instead of plastic cases to house these GameBoy games.[/quote]

Well it still costs more money to produce the GBA carts though. Gotta have the plastic enclosure plus the circuit boards and battery for saving. For the Gamecube all they have to do is write to a cheap plastic disc.

[edit]Oh and plus the whole length of time to program is really not a factor here, considering that the greatest number of sales for any game occur within the first 2 weeks of its release for full price; and when you look at the amount charged full price for a new game the length of time for programming is factored in as you will pay $30 for a new GBA game whereas you pay $50 for a new GC game.

I think the basic overall fact here is that Nintendo has a fairly good idea what they are doing in the handheld market as far as pricing stuff to sell, and judging simply by this thread and noticing what other people tend to buy when game shopping I would say there are plenty of people who are willing to pay $20 for these games.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

the locked thread repost of this topic was actually made first according to time of OPs

either way hope they keep the PC gba games coming

[quote name='Nephilim']My wishlist for the next batch of PC GBA titles

Mario Golf/Tennis
[/quote]

Mario Tennis has been $20 at BB for a while now

[quote name='Jeoff']GBA games are way overpriced as it is. $20 for 4 year old ports of 15 year old games shouldn't be a good price. I vomit in rage every time I see SMB3 for $30 at BB or Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo only does that to get you ready for the prices you're going to have to pay to use Wii's Virtual Console! :D

[quote name='Hoffgod']Keep in mind, the ones that dropped, Leaf Green and Fire Red, are nothing but glorified versions of Red and Blue, which came out in 1998.
... hooray! Eight years after the fact Nintendo finally decided to drop the price! :roll:
I'd actually be angry about this if these weren't such incredible games. I've played through Red/Blue about 10 times. What's another $15 after GGC for a trot down memory lane?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if "glorified versions" is justified here...there was a LOT of content and features added, even if a good deal of those debuted in Gold/Silver or Ruby/Sapphire.

Either way, I got a copy of Fire Red months ago because Game Rush gave an absurd amount of trade-in for a copy of King of Fighters: Maximum Impact that I paid $10 for. :)

[quote name='nintendokid']So the only difference between FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire is that Leaf and Fire are remakes of the Gameboy Red and Blue? Well, that's the one I want! FireRed to be exact, just because of the coverart and name.

So then what's the deal with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald? Are those 3 sort of a different world from Leafgreen and Firered?[/QUOTE]
Separate world, but you can trade Pokemon between the two games once you get deep (as in almost to the end) into Red or Green.

[quote name='ooga']Mario Tennis has been $20 at BB for a while now[/QUOTE]
Actually, it's been $20 since release at Best Buy. ;)

God I hate Nintendo. Seriously, I love them to death but why make us wait YEARS for PC? I remember back in the N64/Gameboy Pocket days they came out at least more often today (even tho they costed $40!). If only they were more active with PC I would probably play alot more DS/GC than PS2/PSP. Just a thought, and I hope they keep up the good work, and if we're lucky, DS PC titles sooner than when the system is practically DEAD.

I'm reviving this thread a little early as I saw the new Player's Choice versions of the 5 games at Wal*Mart today. All 5 were priced at $19.87 and all had the new yellow "Player's Choice" bar along the top. Looks like they've already been put on the shelves of certain stores even though the official re-release date is Oct. 2.

It's better to wait until Best Buy restocks and pick them up for $14.99 each after GCC.

I saw Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Pokemon Leaf green and fire red for 19.82 at walmart today....I thought this was suppose to take effect in october? Anywho, I picked up FireRed because it was the only game that didn't have the yellow bar.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']it's rare to find on sale that is. It's been sitting at Wal-Mart like all the other games.

and i didn't even know that ruby and saphhire preceeded firered and leafgreen lol[/QUOTE]

wow.. I just picked up Zelda: Minish Cap from Target tonight for 7.49

was hoping with the new Mario vs DK game for the DS that they'd be smart and lower the first one so I could finally get it, hell, I can barely find it anymore

[quote name='Hoffgod']Keep in mind, the ones that dropped, Leaf Green and Fire Red, are nothing but glorified versions of Red and Blue, which came out in 1998.
... hooray! Eight years after the fact Nintendo finally decided to drop the price! :roll:
I'd actually be angry about this if these weren't such incredible games. I've played through Red/Blue about 10 times. What's another $15 after GGC for a trot down memory lane?[/quote]

Red/Blue and Silver/Gold all updated to the Sapphire/Ruby Stylings. They are also the only 2 that can actually hold, ALL pokemon known on. Oct 2 is a fucking jip. I'd get one but they are giving away mew Saturday. I'll get him on my sapphire but I wouldn't mind two of him. Thanks alot nintendo.

As one of those who hates how GH/PC/PH labels contaminate the original artwork, I was wondering if anyone knows if the carts themselves have a PC logo on them. Anyone know?

The yellowness is only on the box, the cart remains intact. The back of the box is updated for DS information, but that's all I noticed from the first batch of GBA PC games.

Yeah, most of these have been $19.99 at Amazon.com (through Amazon) for about 1 to 2 weeks now. Here's hoping to another PC announcement on GBA games soon.

[quote name='ooga']Mario Tennis has been $20 at BB for a while now[/quote]

I saw 3 GBA Mario Tennis at a local Target on Wednesday in the clearance section for $7.

You all should find these random placed clearance sections at Target cause the week before I saw a bunch of Drill Dozer, Dr. Mario & Geist (GC) for $5.

At another local Target they also had a this clearance section which was in the book dept which had a couple of DS games for $4 and a handfull of GC and PS2 games for $8.

Yes these clearance sections are usually marked with RED flags or banners.

Good luck.

great does this mean i have to wait for another few years to see it drop? :lol:

oh well, time to get Used copies.

Mario World 2

YESSSSS!

Now I won't have to buy it cartridge only for $27.99 with "Nintondo" printed on the back!!!

Super Mario World!! Damn what a great game. That game got me back into gaming when I bought it for girlfriend back in March. Too bad GameSpot reemed me for it, but I did'nt mind too much. It's still worth 30 dollars today if you ask me. It's even better then NSMB.

Nintendo is pretty stingy on the PC games. BTW, Mario vs. Donkey Kong is 19.99 at CompUsa if you can find it...

I agree that Nintendo is REEEEEALLY slow and stingy about putting games for all thier systems at a cheap price. Not just the portables, but they tend to do it too slowly (and with too few games) on the Gamecube as well.

I'd love to see the Goldensun games get the treatment, as they deserve it. Eternal Darkness too, as that's an amazing game that I stupidly sold!

One warning about Mario World: the buttons are reversed when it's played on the DS, and it'll drive you nuts if you played the original...

[quote name='Aliens']Kind of late for those games to become PCs... but I guess better late than never! (Mario Kart and SMW came out in 2002?)[/QUOTE]

Super mario Kart came out in 2001 :x

CONFIRMED in Orlando, Florida. WalMart (and maybe others) have the games on shelf at the PC price (19.87). One thing to note for collectors: I saw copies of Leaf Green that didn't seem to have the yellow Player's Choice bar. Could be old stock that has been put out at the new price. Don't know, but if you prefer originals they might have one.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']One warning about Mario World: the buttons are reversed when it's played on the DS, and it'll drive you nuts if you played the original...[/quote]
I played the hell out of the original version and it didnt bother me one bit. I never even noticed it while playing.

I got both the SNES and GBA versions of Super Mario World on launch and I can safely say that its in my top 5 games of all time... Best.Mario. Ever.

I'm waiting for Amazon to get Mario World in, so I can order that and Yoshi's Island (previously PC) together and get the free shipping/no tax.

bread's done
Back