Out Now White Knight Chronicles 2 w/remastered WKC1

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You're kind of a silly statement.[/QUOTE]

I will accept and agree with that!

On topic: Is the online content from the first game present in 2 in its entirety?

rather not make a new thread and with probably little interest wondering if anyone will be buying this tomorrow. I am selling my original copy tomorrow when I pick up 2. I would assume my char. is compatible.

Anyone interested hit me up I can play most nights after 12am EST for a couple hours and most weekends anytime as long as I have the time :).

I beat WKC Origins and i'm 17 hrs into WKC1. If anyone want to do some low level WKC1 quests feel free to add me.

I'm level 18.

Reviews for this game have been pretty bad, so I am going to wait for the very soon price drops. $35-40 is about what I would pay for this.

welp looks like I have to replay the entire first game now (which I sold) to import my character because I do not have my clear data

Or you could just start from the middle right? Or do they seriously make you start from the first game if you don't have clear data? I thought I heard otherwise.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Or you could just start from the middle right? Or do they seriously make you start from the first game if you don't have clear data? I thought I heard otherwise.[/QUOTE]
You don't have to play through 1, but you can't import your character unless you have the clear data, so if you did a new game + with your character in the first one and saved over your clear data, you have to beat it to import.

I had to do something similar, but luckily I was near the last dungeon with my new game +, so it only took 2-3 hours to beat it again.

I have sent e-mails to D3Publishers to address the issue on how the Geonet License is account binding instead of system binding, creating all sorts of issues regarding playing online using Asia PSN and being unable to achieve trophies on main accounts. This also restricts online usage of Geonet to a single account instead of sharing it WITH people using the same DISC in the house. For all of those who feel the same about being unable to do so, I would like for you to e-mail D3Publishers at

[email protected]

in an effort to voice out our thoughts, however small or insignificant it may be regarding the unfairness of such a restriction that it places on the end-user.

Sony and other 3rd party publishers are moving towards an online pass system where each and every game will come with an ID code that allows online access in an effort to stomp out 2nd hand sales of games. However much we may hate it, it is moving along regardless. I do not see why gamers who actually got the game first hand should be punish in the wake of this development, if games like Resistance 3 can integrate an online pass system where PSN accounts from various regions are able to connect online without issues, I do not see why gamers playing WKC II should be treated differently.

If you believe gamers should have the right to do so, please take an effort to voice your concerns to the publishers.

Below is the E-mail i received from d3publishers.

Thank you for contacting D3Publisher's Support Services.

The best I can do is to ensure your request in forwarded to the Production team responsible for the title. There have been others with requests similar to yours. If enough of these requests are received, the Production team may look into finding a means to address the issue.

I completely understand your frustration with this particular issue and I do appreciate your patience. But, again, I do not have the ability to make the change myself or to speak for those that do have the ability to make such a change. I will, however, ensure your frustrations (and those with similar frustrations) are shared with the Production and Development teams.

Please feel free to contact us again in the future as the need arises.

Sincerely,

Support Services
D3Publisher

I have taken the liberty to include a standard e-mail request for people interested.

Subject : Request for Geonet License System Change

D3Publisher Support Services,
the current Geonet License system restricts the end-users ability to play White Knight Chronicles II online on any other account on the same PS3 system and accounts other than a US PSN account. This has cause frustrations for many end-users who have actually bought the game first-hand. By limiting the Geonet License to a Service rather than a DLC, end-users that have bought the game first-hand are unable to enjoy the game on the same PS3 system with different PSN accounts set for family members and friends. It also restricts users who imported the game from playing on their main PSN accounts, achieving trophies, since the current Geonet License can only be activated on a single US PSN account.
I sincerely hope D3P would change the Geonet License from a Service, account binding system to a Download, system binding DLC.

Regards

[quote name='ShannonKasull']I have sent e-mails to D3Publishers to address the issue on how the Geonet License is account binding instead of system binding, creating all sorts of issues regarding playing online using Asia PSN and being unable to achieve trophies on main accounts. This also restricts online usage of Geonet to a single account instead of sharing it WITH people using the same DISC in the house.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty much out of D3's hands. Sony published it in Japan, and Level 5 developed it. It was most likely Sony's decision.

I doubt so since the support team from D3P actually said that they will forward the mail to the Production team which may do something about it if enough people "make noise" about it.
I'm hoping enough people do mail in to them for them to make the change since as it is now, it is 10 bucks per online pass per PSN account and restricted usage on US PSN only.

I didn't know they were using an online pass for this. What does it do in the game?

[quote name='Blackout']I didn't know they were using an online pass for this. What does it do in the game?[/QUOTE]

Besides being a J-RPG, this game mostly plays online with stuff ranging from creating and uploading your own town (complete with NPC, shops and serves as a lobby for launching quests) to guild quests which you can participate together with other online players. Think J-RPG + Monster Hunter.

So I'm assuming without the pass you can't hop online and play with your friends and put your own town in the game world? I played a few hours of the first game and remember those online features pretty much being the selling point of the whole thing.

That is correct, without the pass, all online functions are forfeited. Since Asia PSN does not have any content or DLC for WKC II, any R3 account would not be able to play WKC II online unless a US/EU PSN account is made with respect to the region of the game bought.

I'm surprised they put a pass in this game. The release and the news of the online pass has flown completely under the radar. Considering many thought the first game was pretty bad, it's baffling why they would force the pass in the sequel.

The game itself wasn't that bad, I would like to think it has some sort of a cult following with a pretty robust number of players mainly due to its online component. It just isn't reviewed very well, most game sites gave very bad reviews for this game.

More money i guess, each PSN account needs 1 pass regardless of whether you are using the same PS3, 1 pass costs 10 bucks, thats alot of money provided people actually pay 10 bucks just to get another account on the same ps3 activated for online play.

Do you need the pass to play the remastered version of #1 online? Also is the pass redeemed through the game or under the XMB Account Management? I'm curious to how they handled it.

Yes the pass works for both WKC I RM and WKC II, redeemed under account management though it does not fall under download list but instead under service list.

Seems like you would be screwed if you're PS3 breaks. Is the pass not at all under the PSN Account it's redeemed on? Like you can't go to the PSN Store and redownload it on that account?

It's tied to your PSN account. You don't have to download anything. If your PS3 breaks and you get a new one, you can still play it as long as you use the same PSN account.

It's the same way the season passes are used for things like the Back to the Future game.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I didn't see a WKC1 thread anywhere.
I just picked up WKC1 anyone interested on hopping online and showing me the ropes?

[quote name='jdioutkast']Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I didn't see a WKC1 thread anywhere.
I just picked up WKC1 anyone interested on hopping online and showing me the ropes?[/QUOTE]
I am on rarely (mostly past 12am EST until 2am) if you are around add me up I am running through 1 again so I can start 2 with my character (needed clear save).

Argh...I bought this used when the gamestop employee suggested it/automatically put the new copy I placed on the counter to the side. Now I save a few bucks, but forfeited the online pass. At the time I didn't know there was an online pass, fail on my part.

[quote name='jmbreci']Anyone still playing either one? Online with either one?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jdioutkast']Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I didn't see a WKC1 thread anywhere.
I just picked up WKC1 anyone interested on hopping online and showing me the ropes?[/QUOTE]

well i just picked up WKC2 for $20 which is IMO a sweet deal for two games. I probably wont have time to game for another two weeks but PM me here or on PSN if you still want a partner.

Seems like its foolish to buy WKC II used, as the prices on ebay are hitting more than $20 a copy, the online pass is $10 and this game is $30 at Walmart.

Gamestop of course doesn't inform you of the online pass included in this game and their price on the used copy is 26.99 making it actually more expensive to get the used game in the long run. Us gamers have to watch out for things like this. They will only have to inform consumers in California starting in June or something, in the rest of the states its every gamer for themselves.

[quote name='SaraAB']Seems like its foolish to buy WKC II used, as the prices on ebay are hitting more than $20 a copy, the online pass is $10 and this game is $30 at Walmart.

Gamestop of course doesn't inform you of the online pass included in this game and their price on the used copy is 26.99 making it actually more expensive to get the used game in the long run. Us gamers have to watch out for things like this. They will only have to inform consumers in California starting in June or something, in the rest of the states its every gamer for themselves.[/QUOTE]it was $20 new recently

bread's done
Back