Outlaw Star Complete Collection $34.57 @ overstock.com

It seems to be going for $45 elsewhere, if there were a coupon code to bring the price down just a little more, I'd go for it.

I just order it from Overstock.com. After checking out, I noticed that they didn't charge me $1 for shipping. In fact, the shipping charge is $0 my order status page. Should I be concerned about this?

[quote name='mookiemeister']I just order it from Overstock.com. After checking out, I noticed that they didn't charge me $1 for shipping. In fact, the shipping charge is $0 my order status page. Should I be concerned about this?[/quote]

Their website has been acting a little weird lately. In this thread a lot of people reported errors either by overcharging their order or not being charged shipping. I didn't get charged shipping and my order shipped out fine. Just keep an eye on your account to be safe.

Hey, Moiety, did you buy your Ceres dvds recently? If so, where?

I bought Vol.s 1 and 2 used at Gamestop, and have been looking for a long time for the other 6 volumes.

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='mookiemeister']I just order it from Overstock.com. After checking out, I noticed that they didn't charge me $1 for shipping. In fact, the shipping charge is $0 my order status page. Should I be concerned about this?[/quote]

Their website has been acting a little weird lately. In this thread a lot of people reported errors either by overcharging their order or not being charged shipping. I didn't get charged shipping and my order shipped out fine. Just keep an eye on your account to be safe.[/quote]

Ok. Thanks. I just sent an email to Overstock.com through their web site and inform them that the shipping charge is not calculated properly. Hopefully they'll resolve this issue before they charge my credit card.

I got the Outlaw Star I ordered from overstock.com yesterday. After I opened the boxset, I noticed that all 3 DVD cases are broken with disc loose inside. Anyone know if there are any local store like Best Buy or Circuit City that sells those blank DVD case that hold two discs?

I haven't seen this for a while but there are 26 episodes right? So are there only 3 dvd's here with around 8 eps. on each, or more than one dvd per case?

[quote name='mookiemeister']I got the Outlaw Star I ordered from overstock.com yesterday. After I opened the boxset, I noticed that all 3 DVD cases are broken with disc loose inside. Anyone know if there are any local store like Best Buy or Circuit City that sells those blank DVD case that hold two discs?[/QUOTE]

some blockbusters sell them, but it's kind of YMMV. There's various online retailers you can turn to, sleevetown.com is a decent one. I think the ones you're looking for are usually called "double amaray" cases.

[quote name='mookiemeister']I got the Outlaw Star I ordered from overstock.com yesterday. After I opened the boxset, I noticed that all 3 DVD cases are broken with disc loose inside. Anyone know if there are any local store like Best Buy or Circuit City that sells those blank DVD case that hold two discs?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it a couple days ago. Hopefully it arrives in better condition.

Well I received mine today, minus disk 2 on collection 3. Don't know how a disk could could be missing though. Also disk 1 on collection 1 was out of its holder and scratched all to hell. And the holder was broken on collection 3 also, like the above poster. Good deal, but I would advise not to order considering the condition in which these are coming.

[quote name='NeoDeity']Well I received mine today, minus disk 2 on collection 3. Don't know how a disk could could be missing though. Also disk 1 on collection 1 was out of its holder and scratched all to hell. And the holder was broken on collection 3 also, like the above poster. Good deal, but I would advise not to order considering the condition in which these are coming.[/QUOTE]
You're kidding.. I've never ordered from overstock.com before, but after hearing about this I think I'll stay far away. Aren't these listed as new on their website? So given that it's missing a whole freakin disk you're going to give 'em hell and demand a refund right?

[quote name='woobacca']You're kidding.. I've never ordered from overstock.com before, but after hearing about this I think I'll stay far away. Aren't these listed as new on their website? So given that it's missing a whole freakin disk you're going to give 'em hell and demand a refund right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's listed as new on the site, but what I received was far from it. I sent in a return request for a replacement, so hopefully that goes nice and smooth, and actually has all the DVD's in it.

If you're looking for one that holds two discs on either side of the case (rather than one that has a little plastic flippy thing for one), I actually saw some at K-mart the other day.

[quote name='NeoDeity']Well I received mine today, minus disk 2 on collection 3. Don't know how a disk could could be missing though. Also disk 1 on collection 1 was out of its holder and scratched all to hell. And the holder was broken on collection 3 also, like the above poster. Good deal, but I would advise not to order considering the condition in which these are coming.[/QUOTE]

I got mine on Monday. Disc 3-1 was loose and a little scatched, but it doesn't look too bad. I'm going to test it soon to make sure.

bread's done
Back