Overlord - Gen. Discussion & Info - New DLC: 400pts & 800pts

Fairly obvious UK reviews are usually lower, in order for them to actually get viewed, talked about, and noticed, so I'm not too worried about those. From what I played, it should be a damn fine game.

The PC version is out today.

I'm so pissed my 360 chose this week to die. This was the game I wanted the most this week, even though The Darkness is a damn fine title. Now I have to wait to play it T.T

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The PC version is out today.

I'm so pissed my 360 chose this week to die. This was the game I wanted the most this week, even The Darkness is a damn fine title. Now I have to wait to play it T.T[/quote]First time my 360 died, it was the week Gears of War came out. Second time was the week Forza 2 came out....

Anyone else get in on the Amazon $39.99 (360 version) preorder? My order status says that shipment's been delayed until late July-early August. I don't really need the game that badly right now, but that seems like quite a wait...maybe an attempt to discourage those of us that got the 'deal'.

Hey Jolly, don't trust Amazon ship dates. According to them, they would not ship Resident Evil 4 wii to me until the 27th (today). They sent me an email to say it was delayed. I check amazon like 30 minutes later and the game was already shipped.

Plus according to gamefly, overlord is being shipped to me today (yay!).

Well, I'm not letting them off the hook anytime soon on this one, considering that I won't see that price for this game (at least new) again anytime soon (as in, the next couple months). Regardless, thanks for allaying apprehensions a la an Amazon anecdote. Adequate alliteration?

I've got this one lined up for me after I get through with the Darkness--- Thank Gamefly for filling in the gaps. So its the Darkness and Overlord until late July when Persona 3 comes on out :).

For those looking for the PC version, I had to resort to gameshit. I tried Best Buy, Target, and some other places near me. Target told me they don't even plan to "carry" it. Best Buy said they won't have the PC version till July sometime.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun. It really is like an evil Pikmin with some Dungeon Keeper thrown in. Controls are ok for PC but not the best. Other than that, I haven't had any problems.

In a somewhat related question...
Can I buy some random 360 controller and use it for PC, or do I need to buy a "PC" version of the 360 controller?

[quote name='sithspawn']For those looking for the PC version, I had to resort to gameshit. I tried Best Buy, Target, and some other places near me. Target told me they don't even plan to "carry" it. Best Buy said they won't have the PC version till July sometime.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun. It really is like an evil Pikmin with some Dungeon Keeper thrown in. Controls are ok for PC but not the best. Other than that, I haven't had any problems.

In a somewhat related question...
Can I buy some random 360 controller and use it for PC, or do I need to buy a "PC" version of the 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

You can get a wireless reciever for the pc($20) made by M$ and can connect up to 4 wireless controllers to it.

Other than that i think using the play and charge kit you can use it through the usb port.

My copy of overlord shipped today so ill be playing it pretty soon. I think its just what the doctor ordered because i play way too many shooters on 360 :x

So, my local video rental store other than Blockbuster has Overlord on shelves for rent. I didn't think it was supposed to be out yet, plus, nobody's talking about it, it seems. The demo was really fun, so I'm sure the final game is decent at least. Anyone pick it up yet? Impressions?

I'm thinking of picking it up. The reviews i've read so far have been good. Around an 8/10...its rated T, so probably not as evil as we would like.

I picked it up along with Call of Juarez, but can not play them. For some reason each of those games constantly lock up on me, but everything else works fine.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I picked it up along with Call of Juarez, but can not play them. For some reason each of those games constantly lock up on me, but everything else works fine.[/quote]Your 360 is lashing out on you for putting Tenchu Z in it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Your 360 is lashing out on you for putting Tenchu Z in it.[/QUOTE]

Tenchu is a love/hate game and I personally think Tenchu Z is fantastic. I've been a fan since the first one.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I picked it up along with Call of Juarez, but can not play them. For some reason each of those games constantly lock up on me, but everything else works fine.[/QUOTE]
You're gonna regret buying Call of Juarez.

I hope you didn't pay full retail, like I regrettably did.

I am absolutely loving this game so far. I like the whole being able to build your own castle/tower type deal and then the whole you are supposed to be bad type game that's awesome.
I really don't like how the quests seem to be out of order. You can go different paths and start new quests and get fairly far into them and realize that you can't any further until you have completed a different quest. This is a little frustrating right now, but that's the only real gripe I have about it. All in all this is a solid title especially without any real hype which makes it pleasantly surprising.

I just got through playing the demo (and it's damn fun, btw) and I think it's got a nice balance between the pure Majesty (leading others to do your work) and Dungeon Keeper's evil factors. The power of evil (so to speak) does have its limits... and I like the ability (in the game) to lash out at those who praise you for even more "evil".. Controlling the minions was easier than I thought, with the right stick and B buttons... (and right trigger to "send them off" if the objective's easy to get to...)

I'm definitely going to purchase this sometime this weekend. It's been one of the few games that I played through the whole demo and wanted more.. ;) Most of the time I stop playing the demo... I still end up buying the game based on the demo... But this sort of "hooked" quality Overlord has on me hasn't been since Motorstorm (I played the snot out of the demo...) :)

I recommend it for both fans of Dungeon Keeper... and anyone who likes to be evil once in a while. ;) Pretending of course. ;)

This game "snuck up on me"... and I am pleasantly surprised...

I played the demo, but after reading reviews, it seems that the only gripe is that its rated Teen. And while that may ultimately get more sales, i really think they could have turned up the evil factor a bit more with an M rating :p

I dont think a rated M would have made a big difference. Evil games that include comedy dont normally have a ton of gore anyway. Its best that the game doesnt take itself to seriously(would a real evil game have you kick the joker around in the tower?).

I like the game, ive played a few online matches and a bit of campaign. I get lost so easy though :(
Damn you elves and your forest!

Does this game take a long time to finish? I'm very interested but am not going to spend $60 on it. And I don't want to rent it if I can't finish it in a week.

so i rented this game a few days ago, wow im having a blast with it so far. Some parts can be confusing and frustrating trying to figure out the landscape and exactly what to do, but once you get the hang of it, it's awesome possum. Two things i wish it had though, a map and better camera view. Anybody know how long the game is?

Yup the game needs a map badly, I'm running in circles. I'm kinda over it though, I stopped playing it and moved on to Stranglehold. I got as far as to returning the town its food from the halflings or whatever those things are called near the beginning.

I gotta say I'm a big fan of this game and after I'm doing mopping up some Bioshock achievements, I'll be going back to this game to finish it off. Good times and very underrated.

[quote name='AshesofWake'] Anybody know how long the game is?[/QUOTE]

I think my first play thru was around 25-30 hours. I thought the game was great at first, but felt it was getting repetive towards the end. Loved the minions' personalities though. They were great.

Here's the details on the DLC:
The long time promised Overlord split-screen option will be included in the free "Split-Screen Multiplayer Pack" allowing head-to-head action throughout the entire game. The free pack will also include an additional multiplayer map called "Rocky Race". The other two premium packs (see: get out your wallets) include "Raising Hell" and the "Challenge Pack". "Raising Hell" is a single player expansion that adds new levels, new enemies and new quests through all kinds of hellish abysses. The "Challenge Pack" offers up seven brand new multiplayer maps as well as a Legendary difficulty mode for the most experienced Overlords. Pricing for the two premium DLC offerings as well as a firm release date for all the content has yet to be confirmed, but we're sure Overlord fans will be patient since they've had to exercise such trait for the past few months anyway. Overlords, unite!
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/11/01/overlord-split-screen-and-hell-raising-in-november/
No date, or pricing available yet. I'd definately consider picking up this game with split-screen co-op.

this is still on my rental queue, looking forward to getting it. but about the "split-screen coop", I'm not sure if that is supposed to imply split screen for the campaign mode, but I think it is just for the multiplayer maps. either way, the udpate looks rape.

[quote name='dave17']this is still on my rental queue, looking forward to getting it. but about the "split-screen coop", I'm not sure if that is supposed to imply split screen for the campaign mode, but I think it is just for the multiplayer maps. either way, the udpate looks rape.[/quote]

Overlord split-screen option will be included in the free "Split-Screen Multiplayer Pack" allowing head-to-head action throughout the entire game.

Doesn't that pretty much mean Co-Op?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Doesn't that pretty much mean Co-Op?[/QUOTE]

I hope it would, but that is just the wording from the article from xbox360fanboy.com. I googled a bit and found the actual press release:

http://loot-ninja.com/2007/11/02/overlord-raising-hell-dlc-details/
"A further downloadable content update will also be available free of charge. This will add split-screen play to all the original game’s multiplayer maps and introduce an all-new multiplayer Survival map."

I'm looking to do a lot of multiplayer (which is pretty cool, for those of you on the fence), and am usually sitting in a ranked room looking for an opponent while I do homework.

If your up for some online, hunt me down.

~HotShotX

The DLC should be out soon, the new achievements have been released.

1Dc8P2NhbC9FFQQcXCdRGEQ1L2FjaC8wLzEAAAABUFBQ++80rg==.jpg

Legendary Overlord
Defeat the 7th Hero in Legendary Mode 50

0Tc8P2NhbC8xCBsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzJFAAAAAVBQUP7BspI=.jpg

Extended Survivor
Last for 45 mins in a Expansion Survival Map 20

0zc8P2NhbC8yCBsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzJGAAAAAVBQUPzguyc=.jpg

Extended Pillager
Win 25 ranked Expansion Pillage Maps 20

1Dc8P2NhbC9ECRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzMwAAAAAVBQUPsWQzk=.jpg

Extended Slayer
Win 25 ranked Expansion Slaughter matches 20

1Tc8P2NhbC9FCRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzMxAAAAAVBQUPr2u6o=.jpg

Dungeon Legend
Defeat all the Expansion Dungeon Creatures 30

1zc8P2NhbC9GCRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzMyAAAAAVBQUPjXsh8=.jpg

Hell Raider
Conquer the Mellow Hills Abyss 20

1jc8P2NhbC9HCRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzMzAAAAAVBQUPk3Sow=.jpg

Soulblighter
Conquer the Evernight Forest Abyss 20

0zc8P2NhbC9ACRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzM0AAAAAVBQUPyVoXU=.jpg

Demon Master
Conquer the Heavens Peak Abyss 20

0jc8P2NhbC9BCRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzM1AAAAAVBQUP11WeY=.jpg

Infernal Lord
Conquer the Golden Halls Abyss 20

0Dc8P2NhbC9CCRsDGyxTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAVBQUP9UUFM=.jpg

Lord of the Abyss
Conquer the Ruborian Desert Abyss 30

Of course, who knows when :whistle2:(
This was supposed to be out in November...:lol:

When I just played this game a few weeks ago the lag was as bad as some of the worst games I've played on live (i.e. Two Worlds). I've done a lot of crap just to get achievement points but I couldn't even stand playing this game long enough the get the 5 minute survivor or win 1 slaughter match.

Well.....the achievements for GRAW 2's DLC were posted back in October for a November release date.......that stuff came out like a week or two ago....
Hopefully we'll be in luck as my wife absolutely loves this game.

The times I've tried, I've never been able to find anyone else online. My brother and I played each other just to get the easy online ranked achievements, but otherwise, no one else is around. I can't see myself spending money for an expansion that no one plays.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']FINALLY the content was released. The co-op split screen download is free while teh added challenges cost 400 ms points.[/quote]

Wait a minute, where's the Campaign Expansion?

~HotShotX

Damnit, it's NOT Co-op campaign. Just the same bullshit on Live, just offline. Why did we wait all this time for an OFFline mode of pretty much what online mode was? Sure, there's new maps and all.. but damn.

bread's done
Back