Overlord - Gen. Discussion & Info - New DLC: 400pts & 800pts

Alright, my wife's having problems accessing the new DLC when we just downloaded it. Tell me she doesn't have to play through the whole game again just to access the DLC. Anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently you have to either start a game all over again or start at your last save and beat the final boss again to access it.

So I finally played this game for the first time. I don't know if anyone else has this same complaint, but I get lost and it's annoying to find out where I am in accordance to the places I'm supposed to go.

There's not in game map and no compass...The only way to find out which way i'm going is to run until I find a place that shows it's name. Then I have to look at the printed map. It's annoying and tiem consuming.

[quote name='Dingleberry']So I finally played this game for the first time. I don't know if anyone else has this same complaint, but I get lost and it's annoying to find out where I am in accordance to the places I'm supposed to go.

There's not in game map and no compass...The only way to find out which way i'm going is to run until I find a place that shows it's name. Then I have to look at the printed map. It's annoying and tiem consuming.[/quote]

I got lost a lot at first. Do not even try to use the map that came with the game. It is totally worthless because it is inaccurate.

Anyway, you will get a feel for everything after a while and it will be easy to get wherever you want to go. Just give it some time. I loved the game, so do not let this issue ruin it for you.

Is it possible to play the new content on a lower difficulty setting? I just want the new areas, and to get the achievements for completing them. Strange that xbox.com doesn't have the dlc listed in the Marketplace...

And, yes, I too have the getting lost issue. I keep looking at the map that came with the game, but I'm hoping for a penny drop for the strategy guide.

yes the map sucks. I also get lost frequently but I was able to figure it out. I think you can get through the DLC on lower setting and still get the Achievements.

I just picked the game up a few days ago.. and I too have been getting lost constantly. I'm definitely getting used to it, and I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Just got myself a mistress last night.

Has anyone tried the "forge cheat"? When you forge/upgrade your shit, supposedly you can exit the cutscene right before your minions jump into the forge, reload your game, and have your item upgraded without losing the minions. It's unverified, and I tried it several times but couldn't get it to work.

I also figured out the tower rooms finally. There's a separate minion at each entrance: your little armory guy at the entrance to the forge; Gnarl is at the entrance to the minion spawn pits/Tower Heart, and I think the dungeon is unattended.

couldn't get that to work.. but the easiest way to build your minion quantity is to fight the beetles in your dungeon. You'll get 75 minions a shot. Go into the fight with 2/3 red, 1/3 blue and have them take position right outside their aggro. The reds will attack and the blues will revive. you pull the beetles 1 or 2 at a time towards your minions.

[quote name='DJSteel']couldn't get that to work.. but the easiest way to build your minion quantity is to fight the beetles in your dungeon. You'll get 75 minions a shot. Go into the fight with 2/3 red, 1/3 blue and have them take position right outside their aggro. The reds will attack and the blues will revive. you pull the beetles 1 or 2 at a time towards your minions.[/quote]

The big-ass fire beetles, right? I don't have the blues yet, though. This lets you build up your max minion army size, or just gives you mucho lifeforce?

they have versions for all 4 different minions.. Water, Poison, Fire, Gold..

Also it builds up your minion size.. so you can sacrifice some for your item upgrades.

in Response to the above poster. Yea diff go check out 360 achievements, if your into your gamer score. They have list of achievements and guides as well as some forums for help. Its helped me a load though the times.

How do I get past the water area in Mallow Fields Abyss? I need to take my minions across the water to turn a wheel and remove a fire obstacle, but they can't swim! I only have the reds and browns right now. Do I need to get another minion type, and then come back to this level?

[quote name='shieryda']How do I get past the water area in Mallow Fields Abyss? I need to take my minions across the water to turn a wheel and remove a fire obstacle, but they can't swim! I only have the reds and browns right now. Do I need to get another minion type, and then come back to this level?[/quote]

Red = Fire
Blue = Water
Green = Gas

There are many times in the game where you can see stuff that you can't get to yet. You will have to go back to a few spots when you get the other minions.

Thanks, man! This game is addictive, even if you have to keep going back to certain areas. I need to start upgrading my armor and such, too.

Got this game a few days ago and I'm liking it quite a bit. The voice acting a character animations during cut scenes are a joke but everything else is good. I'm just thankful that the main casr can voice act.

Anyways, if any CAGs want to play some online (Dingleberry I'm looking at you) let me know.

[quote name='thorbahn3']
Anyways, if any CAGs want to play some online (Dingleberry I'm looking at you) let me know.[/quote]

I'll play. I'll friend you in a minute.

So I bought the Raising Hell expansion and I've run into a problem. Just like the main game, I'm lost and can't figure out where to go. So I'm in the Evernight Abyess. The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to get backstage (behind the backdrop). I've looked in the dwarf perp area, the elf prep area, nothing. I even talk to colhotshotx for a good 10 minutes and he couldn't help me. I've looked all over the internet but nothing has helped. So if anyone remembers, please help.

[quote name='thorbahn3']So I bought the Raising Hell expansion and I've run into a problem. Just like the main game, I'm lost and can't figure out where to go. So I'm in the Evernight Abyess. The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to get backstage (behind the backdrop). I've looked in the dwarf perp area, the elf prep area, nothing. I even talk to colhotshotx for a good 10 minutes and he couldn't help me. I've looked all over the internet but nothing has helped. So if anyone remembers, please help.[/quote]

Have you tried moving the set backwards? You will need to do this multiple times. Each time you do then there is something else which must be accompished in order for it to be able to move again.

[quote name='Quintessence']Have you tried moving the set backwards? You will need to do this multiple times. Each time you do then there is something else which must be accompished in order for it to be able to move again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't figure out how to move the set the first time.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Yeah, I can't figure out how to move the set the first time.[/quote]

Hmmmm...I cannot remember what was the first thing. I think the second one involves using the bomb from the left and taking it to the right to blow up something. I bet you have probably tried that, but you cannot make it until it is moved a little bit farther back. Just check what is blocking it from moving back and then that is what you have to do, then you can have your minions push it to the next spot.

Finally finished the main campaign last night. Lost a ton of minions doing so, but whatever.

Tried to fight that bastard dragon in the Ruborian Abyss, and gave up after the first try. Pretty tough, and the camera control is shit.

Suffice to say, I definitely got my $20 out of the game. Now, if I could get my Live connection working again, I'd like to get a couple of the co-op achievements before I dump the game for good.:D

bread's done
Back