Overlord: Raising Hell Coming to PS3 this Summer (360 DLC included)

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166648

We all remember our first kill. Overlord's was on the Xbox 360 and PC, and it left gamers shockingly satisfied during those lonely summer months. Today Codemasters announced that PlayStation 3 owners will be able to join in the devilish fun soon.

Overlord: Raising Hell for the PlayStation 3 is currently set for a summer 2008 release. In addition to the full original game, the PS3 version will include all the expansion content that has been released over Xbox Live -- both additional single-player levels and new multiplayer maps. As if that weren't enough to get the blood boiling, Raising Hell will also have slightly upgraded audio and visual plus probably the number one most-requested add-on from fans and detractors of the game alike: an on-screen mini-map.

We know you're busy getting ready to order around your legions of adoring minions via the PS3, but take a time-out to check out 1UP's review of the 360/PC original, and see why we thought the game was so great.

That means that the DLC will become free on XBL. MS has said that any content free or included with a game on another system must be the same on the 360. That is why the map packs for R6V on 360 went free when the game came out for PS3. Those extra maps were on the PS3 disc.

I was kind of interested in this one, so if the PS3 version has more out of the box I'm more willing to give it a chance.

it is a really cool game.. the downsides are that the camera takes some time to get used to and you don't have a map to follow

Yeah, I enjoyed the demo, so I'm waiting to see if Codemasters can price the game correctly or not before getting either version. I'd love to see it at $30 since it's not a big game and that would help them get some interest when there are games like MGS4 coming out this summer.

This, to me, is another Lost Planet... a game that I enjoyed *just* enough, but not enough to completely understand why they'd even bother porting it so long after the fact. Might just be me.

I'd certainly say this requires a lower price point. Also, I would guarantee them another sale if they added a map. Already have it for 360, but wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to rebuy it on PS3 with a map added in.

If they pull a Lost Planet with this and release it at 39.99, I'll almost certainly bite. I've been tempted by this for months now, if it's a bit better and semi-cheap on the PS3, I'm there.

I really thought I would enjoy this game when it came out for 360 but I just couldn't get into it. The storyline and characters were great but the game play just wasn't there for me.

bread's done
Back