OXM: "Bankable source says MGS4 port being worked on by Konami team."

PyroGamer

Banned
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/19/oxm-rumor-mole-mgs4-on-360-months-after-ps3/

In the most recent Rumor Mole section, OXM declares that a "bankable source" told them that Metal Gear Solid 4 is definitely coming to Xbox 360. The game is reportedly being ported by a separate team -- which isn't headed by Hideo Kojima -- and should ship "a few months" after the PS3 version.

Considering the ever-mounting rumors and Konami's own comments on the matter, it's starting to look like the only thing missing is an official announcement.

So... is OXM's rumour section as much bullshit as the rest of the mag?

I'll believe it when I see it - but I won't have much trouble believing it if it does happen. Makes a lot of financial sense.

I'm still going to buy the PS3 version because I don't see how it won't look/sound better (unless someone knows Kojima's game better than his own team).

Any predictions on the number of discs? I say 3.

A few months?????? Even i f it doesn't run 100% compared to the PS3 version, A LOT of people would jump on that game a "few months" later. If that's true thats huge news. I'll believe it when I see it though.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Any predictions on the number of discs? I say 3.[/QUOTE]
Well, I suspect though the game itself is undoubtedly shorter than Blue Dragon, it's probably larger. As for HD video... well I expect nothing but the highest quantity of cut-scenes from Kojima, given his track record. At least three disks if Blue-Dragon is any indication.

I don't care about this game .

I wish this would get Confirmed one way or the other , so people would just shut up about it .

Metal Gear games always get too much coverage while they're still being made .
Every little detail about these games does not deserve it's own news story .

[quote name='guyver2077']fuck kojima... he's always talking crap[/QUOTE]

:roll: what, is this professional wrestling or something?

[quote name='InuFaye']It is another crap rumor, it is NOT coming to the 360.[/quote]
is TOO!!!!

164840--1.jpg

[quote name='musicnoteless']is TOO!!!!

164840--1.jpg

[/quote] That's a lot of dvds, assuming that those are dual layer dvds wouldn't it be 8 GBs each? so about 160 GB worth of game? That's equal to one bluray disc??

[quote name='kensterdotnet']That's a lot of dvds, assuming that those are dual layer dvds wouldn't it be 8 GBs each? so about 160 GB worth of game? That's equal to one bluray disc??[/quote]

I heard it's coming with extra buffer "bonus" material

[quote name='kensterdotnet']That's a lot of dvds, assuming that those are dual layer dvds wouldn't it be 8 GBs each? so about 160 GB worth of game? That's equal to one bluray disc??[/quote]

Psh' those aren't dual layer dvds, that's the special CD verison of it.

[quote name='Richlough']I don't understand why it's such a crime to have a game on multiple discs ?

Isn't Metal Gear Solid on 2 discs ?[/quote]

It was on one disc, but the substance verison might've been two disc and MGS3: S was two, one for the game and one for the online. Isn't this like the fifth it's coming, it's not coming to the xbox 360 thread in the past week, we should just merge them all and sticky it once and for all.

People won't stop speculating that MGS4 is coming to the 360 until it eventually happens or MGS5 is on the horizon.

Basically...I'm going to have to put up with people talking about it for awhile.

their source is ron workman from destructoid :)

i want mgs4 on the 360, but i'm not going to believe rumors that's gonna cause me to get disappointed.

I think it will surely be coming to the 360. Also, even if it's a port, I don't have to buy a PS3, so I'm happy with that. Really, at this point, the PS3 still hasn't shown anything that can't be done on the 360.

I also don't think it's going to be on more than two discs. That's assuming there isn't a 90 minute, rambling, over-indulgent cutscene at the end like MGS2. I literally grew a beard during that crap - twice. Great game - shite ending.

MGS3, now that was an ending baby.

[quote name='Thongsy']Psh' those aren't dual layer dvds, that's the special CD verison of it.

It was on one disc, but the substance verison might've been two disc and MGS3: S was two, one for the game and one for the online. Isn't this like the fifth it's coming, it's not coming to the xbox 360 thread in the past week, we should just merge them all and sticky it once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Metal Gear Solid & MGS: The Twin Snakes were both 2 discs. Honestly, MGS4 could probably be on two discs no problem, hell it would probably run better on 360.

As a PS3 owner, I would be really pissed if MGS4 heads on over to 360. There's not a whole lot of exclusives worth caring about on PS3, and losing arguably the biggest one isn't helping matters.

As a 360 owner however, I would happily embrace a 360 version for the sheer fact that not only would there be achievements and an online service that isn't horrible, but I would also get a chance to play it with a controller that doesn't suck huge donkey dongs.

I'm at odds as to what I would like to happen :razz:

[quote name='lukenot']I think it will surely be coming to the 360. Also, even if it's a port, I don't have to buy a PS3, so I'm happy with that. Really, at this point, the PS3 still hasn't shown anything that can't be done on the 360.

MGS3, now that was an ending baby.[/quote]

Oh, I dunno... a PS3 can last longer than a 360. *drumroll* It's funny... laugh.

But seriously, though... MGS2 ending was the reason I didn't bother with any of the subsequent ones... Meh... I suppose I missed out, but yeesh! total crapfest ending...

I think the only worse ending was Pool of Radiance on the C-64. "Congratulations... you've blah'ed the blah blah. Now if you want to go into the sewers and kill more stuff... have fun."

Bah. That really peeved me. :)

[quote name='Mechafenris']Oh, I dunno... a PS3 can last longer than a 360. *drumroll* It's funny... laugh.

But seriously, though... MGS2 ending was the reason I didn't bother with any of the subsequent ones... Meh... I suppose I missed out, but yeesh! total crapfest ending...

I think the only worse ending was Pool of Radiance on the C-64. "Congratulations... you've blah'ed the blah blah. Now if you want to go into the sewers and kill more stuff... have fun."

Bah. That really peeved me. :)[/QUOTE]

you owe it to yourself to get MGS3-- it's got the most satisfying ending I've ever seen in a game (though it obviously leaves cliffhangers.) Actually, the whole last part of the game is just awesome....okay, the whole fucking game rules :D for the record, I'm not a big MGS2 fan. everything is just kinda bland-- namely Raiden and the Big Shell

[quote name='Apossum']you owe it to yourself to get MGS3-- it's got the most satisfying ending I've ever seen in a game (though it obviously leaves cliffhangers.) Actually, the whole last part of the game is just awesome....okay, the whole fucking game rules :D for the record, I'm not a big MGS2 fan. everything is just kinda bland-- namely Raiden and the Big Shell[/quote]
Well, I think I'll give it a shot... It's not like it'll cost me a fortune to try it or anything... MGS2 was my first (and thusfar last) Metal Gear game, so I guess that was because I pretty much thought it was indicative of the series itself, so I didn't bother trying any others.... Sometimes stealth games can get irritatingly hard for no other reason than twitchy controls.. (Some of Deus Ex was that way for me... I admit I'm not the king of stealth) And games that use stealth as a way to artificially build up difficulty in a certain section equally annoy. (Because they're too lazy to put more levels in, or they suck at AI programming)

Sometimes even stealth mode in Oblivion snags me. :) And that's pretty much as basic as you can get. ;)

[quote name='Mechafenris']Well, I think I'll give it a shot... It's not like it'll cost me a fortune to try it or anything... MGS2 was my first (and thusfar last) Metal Gear game, so I guess that was because I pretty much thought it was indicative of the series itself, so I didn't bother trying any others.... Sometimes stealth games can get irritatingly hard for no other reason than twitchy controls.. (Some of Deus Ex was that way for me... I admit I'm not the king of stealth) And games that use stealth as a way to artificially build up difficulty in a certain section equally annoy. (Because they're too lazy to put more levels in, or they suck at AI programming)

Sometimes even stealth mode in Oblivion snags me. :) And that's pretty much as basic as you can get. ;)[/QUOTE]

MGS3 is easily the best game on the PS2. It had some faults (camera), and then came along Subsistance.. making a truly great game even better.

The ending is simply awesome.

MGS2 gets a lot of hate, I think it's a good game.. just needed less Raiden.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Metal Gear Solid & MGS: The Twin Snakes were both 2 discs. Honestly, MGS4 could probably be on two discs no problem, hell it would probably run better on 360.

As a PS3 owner, I would be really pissed if MGS4 heads on over to 360. There's not a whole lot of exclusives worth caring about on PS3, and losing arguably the biggest one isn't helping matters.

As a 360 owner however, I would happily embrace a 360 version for the sheer fact that not only would there be achievements and an online service that isn't horrible, but I would also get a chance to play it with a controller that doesn't suck huge donkey dongs.

I'm at odds as to what I would like to happen :razz:[/quote]you'd think a bluray player is an exclusive enough feature :) but shit you guys got little big planet and the agency (two games i'm interested in even though i do not plan on buying a ps3). you'll have your exlcusives, but i think the mgs series is too big for the western audience not to be on the 360. shit i'd pick up mgs3 if they made a 360 port.

This issue was made before E3, right? I mean, that seemed to end all the rumors for some.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Metal Gear Solid & MGS: The Twin Snakes were both 2 discs. Honestly, MGS4 could probably be on two discs no problem, hell it would probably run better on 360.

I'm at odds as to what I would like to happen :razz:[/QUOTE]WTF is so bad about Sony's online? Games are incorporating friends lists, and an ingame XMB is supposedly on the way for quick messaging. And I'd rather get trophies I can display than numbers and text.

I wish this rumor had a power button, actually maybe a kill switch would be better. Seriously guys. Seriously. This rumor was written before E3 even happened so OXM is cccrrraazzzzyyyyyy.

I don't want to thread-crap but can we please, please, please stop having these threads about whether MGS is coming to 360.

It's always the same thing, someone posts about a vague, non-confirmed source saying it's being developed for the 360, a bunch of people post that it is, a bunch post that it's not, then someone posts the hilarious multiple disc 360 version pic.

Honestly I've seen this exact same thread about 10 times in various forums, I'm not having a go at the mods here but can't we start deleting these threads?

I'm at odds as to what I would like to happen :razz:[/QUOTE]
well they did say MGS4 uses more thatn 24GB of a blue ray disc so it would be 3 discer, low quality video and sound, and probably no online play..if u wnat that version then go ahead and have it...

and the controller statment: i love the controller, i just dont know why they had to go with triggers on the L2 and R2 buttons

[quote name='refusedchaos']well they did say MGS4 uses more thatn 24GB of a blue ray disc so it would be 3 discer, low quality video and sound, and probably no online play..if u wnat that version then go ahead and have it...

and the controller statment: i love the controller, i just dont know why they had to go with triggers on the L2 and R2 buttons[/QUOTE]

I kinda like the triggers now. they just feel good, though different.

OXM is just trying to get readership my providing false information just to get readership. No one really wants OXM anymore because of downloadable demos. It was debunked at E3 so it isn't happening.

I just want to throw out there the possible fact that those 24GB could be uncompressed. Not try to start any shit, but i think 2-3 DVD's would be enough.What i'm hoping for is the first 2 discs are for the game itself, while the 3rd disc is online. Probably online and then any bonus materials (behind the scenes, etc).

[quote name='munch']I've never played a MGS game :([/QUOTE]

you wouldn't like it. It only runs at 44.9 fps. :)

[quote name='lukenot']
I also don't think it's going to be on more than two discs. That's assuming there isn't a 90 minute, rambling, over-indulgent cutscene at the end like MGS2. I literally grew a beard during that crap - twice. Great game - shite ending.
[/QUOTE]
No, goddammit. No. You should have a finger cut off for typing that. Or at least have your nose rubbed in it. Bad dog!

[quote name='seanr1221']I hope some of you also realize this rumor could be made up just to keep people from buying PS3s.[/QUOTE]

not enough to counteract "all our systems are broken" I don't think :lol:

why does everyone hate on mgs2, thats my favorite mgs. I really like both the story and the way the game played. I also didn't mind playing as raiden either

[quote name='benjamouth']I don't want to thread-crap but can we please, please, please stop having these threads about whether MGS is coming to 360.

It's always the same thing, someone posts about a vague, non-confirmed source saying it's being developed for the 360, a bunch of people post that it is, a bunch post that it's not, then someone posts the hilarious multiple disc 360 version pic.

Honestly I've seen this exact same thread about 10 times in various forums, I'm not having a go at the mods here but can't we start deleting these threads?[/QUOTE]

Well, I understand that, if your sick of the game (and really could care less, either because you have a PS3 or that you just don't care) that this would be annoying.

In fairness though, MGS is one of the biggest franchises in video games. People care, and when you couple Kojima's plays on words in the past (MGS2 will never come to the Xbox, but then Substance did), along with the fact that financially, it makes so much sense, you get these rumors all the time. The only way for it to stop would be Konami coming out and saying it's being made (since no one will believe them if they say it isn't being made).

If you think this is bad, just imagine if Nintendo ever got out of the console business, the fight for those franchises would have fans going up a wall. It would be 10 times worse than this (don't believe me, then you obviously weren't around when Mario Sunshine came out).

[quote name='lordxixor101']Well, I understand that, if your sick of the game (and really could care less, either because you have a PS3 or that you just don't care) that this would be annoying.

In fairness though, MGS is one of the biggest franchises in video games. People care, and when you couple Kojima's plays on words in the past (MGS2 will never come to the Xbox, but then Substance did), along with the fact that financially, it makes so much sense, you get these rumors all the time. The only way for it to stop would be Konami coming out and saying it's being made (since no one will believe them if they say it isn't being made).

If you think this is bad, just imagine if Nintendo ever got out of the console business, the fight for those franchises would have fans going up a wall. It would be 10 times worse than this (don't believe me, then you obviously weren't around when Mario Sunshine came out).[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but honestly, 11 threads since the begining of the year ( I did a quick search), and thats only going from the thread titles. That isn't counting the threads that start off as something else (PS3 exclusives, why I should get a PS3) and end up being about this.

When is enough going to be enough ?

[quote name='elsnow77']why does everyone hate on mgs2, thats my favorite mgs. I really like both the story and the way the game played. I also didn't mind playing as raiden either[/quote]

Really? I'm watching my brother play through it right now (yeah, he's about six years late), and the only thing I can say about the story is that it's "so bad it's good." There are a lot of laugh-out-loud WTF moments but all I feel like pointing out right now is that there's a fat man on roller skates in the game, and his name is literally Fatman! :wall:

I'll always love the first MGS but I don't think I can ever embrace the stories for the second and third. I know the FOX-HOUND unit from the first was already past the realm of reality but put the Cobra unit down on paper and you'll see how truly ridiculous it is:
a senior citizen plant-man sniper, a glorified contortionist with a gigantic reptilian tongue, a mentally ill astronaut with a flamethrower, a man with a Tommy gun that shoots bullets made of live hornets, and a woman who fought in Operation Overlord while pregnant and gave birth on the battlefield. I'd say the most normal one of the group is a ghost!

[quote name='rapsodist']Really? I'm watching my brother play through it right now (yeah, he's about six years late), and the only thing I can say about the story is that it's "so bad it's good." There are a lot of laugh-out-loud WTF moments but all I feel like pointing out right now is that there's a fat man on roller skates in the game, and his name is literally Fatman! :wall:

I'll always love the first MGS but I don't think I can ever embrace the stories for the second and third. I know the FOX-HOUND unit from the first was already past the realm of reality but put the Cobra unit down on paper and you'll see how truly ridiculous it is:
a senior citizen plant-man sniper, a glorified contortionist with a gigantic reptilian tongue, a mentally ill astronaut with a flamethrower, a man with a Tommy gun that shoots bullets made of live hornets, and a woman who fought in Operation Overlord while pregnant and gave birth on the battlefield. I'd say the most normal one of the group is a ghost!
[/QUOTE]

Fatman is named after the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima, but yeah I remember wondering what the fuck was going on when I was fighting a fat guy on rollerskates :lol:

I can't say I take the drama in MGS remotely serious--definitely "so bad it's good." and MGS4 seems to carry on the tradition-- the metal gear walker things make freaking bull noises. I thought I was I hearing things when I saw the trailer for the first time :rofl:

[quote name='PyroGamer']Well, I suspect though the game itself is undoubtedly shorter than Blue Dragon, it's probably larger. As for HD video... well I expect nothing but the highest quantity of cut-scenes from Kojima, given his track record. At least three disks if Blue-Dragon is any indication.[/quote]

Blue Dragon has a lot of CG video in HD. MGS uses in game engine. This cuts the space down needed for video a lot. Also Microsoft does believe in compression. I wouldn't be surprosed of ot was on one maybe 2 discs.

bread's done
Back