OXM w/Disk $7.50, Nintendo Power $4 and Other Magazine Discounts at Amazon

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9139[/IMG-R]If you've ordered a video game from Amazon in the last month or so they were running a promotion where you can receive 50% off video game magazine subscriptions. Now, Amazon is running a $5 off magazine subscriptions promotion for the month of September (this comes off the FINAL price and not the original price). I was able to renew my subs to OXM (w disc); Nintendo Power; and Official Playstation Magazine for a total of $16.45 for all three subscription renewals.

FYI: PROMO DOESN'T SHOW UP UNITL CHECKOUT SCREEN!!!!

:wii: Nintendo Power
:360: Official Xbox Magazine w/Disc
:ps3: PlayStation: The Official Magazine
:pc: PC Gamer

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I really want to jump on this deal, but I have a question...
Unlike most people, I move pretty often. I mean literally every 2-3 years or so. Right now, I think I will be moving from my apartment in the summer of 2010.

Is it easy to change addresses on these subscriptions?

Would I go through amazon, or would I have to go through the publishers? I really don't want to pay this money and get less than half of the subscription.

[quote name='loserboy']Thanks for cleaning up title. I realized it was awkard, but was too lazy/busy to figure out the best way to post it.

You'd never know I was an 8th grade English teacher...[/QUOTE]
:lol: awkay ;) thanks for the deal.

Thanks OP. Got in on a year's sub from OXM. For about 7 bucks, w/ the discs... definitely not a bad deal. You never know when they'll come out with an exclusive demo, or another song pack for Rock Band or whathaveyou.

$16 for a year of 3 magazines is pretty good. I hate getting game magazines because, well, we know all the shit online months before :lol:

But still. They are good reads for the most part. Can't complain at the prices.

[quote name='Xiemos']Wow, I really want to jump on this deal, but I have a question...
Unlike most people, I move pretty often. I mean literally every 2-3 years or so. Right now, I think I will be moving from my apartment in the summer of 2010.

Is it easy to change addresses on these subscriptions?

Would I go through amazon, or would I have to go through the publishers? I really don't want to pay this money and get less than half of the subscription.[/QUOTE]

I here there is a mystical place called the internet with the things called websites that magazines have. I also heard you can logon (whatever that means) with you subscription number and change it there. Sounds like a scary place.

/sarcasm.

I assume since you have moved before and filled out a change of address package before. Those forward your mail for usually at least 3 months. Even if you never change address with the company (either online or over the phone) the Post Office will return your magazine to the distributor with your forwarding address if you check that box on the form. Hope that helps more than the troll answer above

Well, OXM was nearly up and that price is pretty damn impressive. Not sure if the disc is worth a damn, but willing to check it out for $7.49.

I haven't had a subscription to any gaming magazines in ages but for $16.45 for Nintendo Power, OXM and Playstation I said what the the hell. This is an awesome deal.

For those of you who bought a game but aren't getting the 50% promotion, are you just clicking on the Amazon link, or are you actually going through the checkout process?

This past month I bought Batman and Metroid. When I clicked on the Amazon link, all I saw was the $5 discount and I didn't think I would get the promotion. However, when I added the magazines to my cart and proceeded to checkout, the discount showed up at the select shipping stage of my order.

Re: Xbox Disk, My 2 cents. The Xbox Disk is definitely worth it. You get demos on the disk so you don't have to wait and download games off live. Also, the demos play directly off the disk so you don't have to use up hard drive space. Finally, like other posters said, you get bonuses every once in awhile (gamer pics, themes, downloadable content).

OXM Worked for me @ $7.47. They should know it's a renewal right? I better not be getting 2 duplicate magazines in the next coming months.

To anyone not getting the deal, if you can still "purchase" a game and get it, I was able to get the deal to work without buying a game by downloading big kahuna fish or something for free from them a week or two ago. So try downloading a free game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']OXM Worked for me @ $7.47. They should know it's a renewal right? I better not be getting 2 duplicate magazines in the next coming months.[/QUOTE]
You should be fine if you chose 1 year auto renewal.

Dang, I went back to get the other 2 magazines but you have to order them all on the same order.

Oh well, its all good. Lol

Did everyone choose auto-renewal? The only reason I didn't is because in case I forget to cancel or if another deal next year doesn't show up I don't want to spend 20 bucks a year on a subscription in case I forget to cancel.

[quote name='J7.'] You should be fine if you chose 1 year auto renewal.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all auto renewal does is, you don't have to subscribe again. It automatically does it for you. I asked the same question so I have I don't get two concurrent subscriptions.

[quote name='dchrisd']For those of you who bought a game but aren't getting the 50% promotion, are you just clicking on the Amazon link, or are you actually going through the checkout process?[/QUOTE]

I did checkout up until the Place Your Order button, but only the $5 off is applied. Have bought plenty of games from Amazon recently, including Vesperia.

Ah well.

Noone really confirmed or denied this, unless my eyesight's gone from worse to FUBAR, but this doesn't apply to preorders, correct? It's technically buying a game, but not really transacting it until later (unless you use gift cards, of course).

Awesome deal. I remember getting an email about 50% gaming magazines a few weeks back but didn't order anything then. The extra $5 off put me over the top. I ordered all 4 magazines for only $21.42, thanks!

Nice!

I had completely forgotten about that 50% off magazine thing - I had an email about it from way back... But I figured even at 50% off I still didn't want most of them. The extra $5 makes it worth it though.

I ordered all 3 of the biggies (Playstation magazine, Nintendo Power, and OXM) for just $16.45 of my trade-in credit. The only one I was somewhat hesitant about was OXM since I don't really need any more info on Xbox stuff - kind of overdosed on that via CAG and whatnot already ;). But I figured why not...

These things make nice reading for cross-country plane trips (for all the takeoff/landing segments where I can't play my DS ;)).

Subtotal of Items: $62.90
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$31.45
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
------
Total for this Order: $16.45

[quote name='io'] The only one I was somewhat hesitant about was OXM since I don't really need any more info on Xbox stuff - kind of overdosed on that via CAG and whatnot already ;). But I figured why not...[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least the free DVD comes with exclusive themes sometimes. So I wouldn't regret it since you get some extra goodies. That's the reason I would want OXM.

I am also curious about the auto renewal as I have the OXM already ending in April. I don't want to get copies of the same magazine, that happened with Maxim. I get the disc because my internet sucks lol. The free Oblivion stuff, themes and gamerpics have been nice too. On a side note my current disc was fubared from the start so I had to go online and request a duplicate.:bomb:

I ordered. Thanks OP. $16.45 for Xbox, Nintendo and Sony is too good to pass up.

Not sure if the subscriptions add to or overlap existing subscriptions but since my OXM expires in November and Nintendo Power expires in December (you can double-check expiration dates by looking the address label), I figured its not a big deal if they do overlap due to the low price (my cheapass-ness hopes they don't overlap though).

Damn this sucks, can't get it to work. I've downloaded big kahuna reef but that doesn't seem to be working for the two of my accounts. oh well.

LoL... On a totally unrelated note, you can get 1yr subscription to Playboy for $10.96

The magazine falls on the $5.00 off promotion

Sweet deals!

I got the PSX magazine for $4.80 for the year and the Xbox magazine for $6.67 for the year!

Wow! Some amazing magazine deals on Amazon right now! Thanks for the heads up. I likely wouldn't have noticed it without this thread. Got all three for the prices listed when I checked out.

There's also several other good non-gaming magazines on the main page of the Magazines section you can get for $5 as well. They have 2 years of Marie Claire and Seventeen for $5 each.

Hmmmm, after my last thing of nintendo power finished I said I was done with mags. Then I got an edge card which gets me GI, which is a nice bonus on something I was getting anyway. But for these prices...it really is just fun to flip through. Even if I only read the stuff I really care about, for 5 bucks...Now the decision, should I get all three.

I didn't buy any games during that period but I'd really like a Nintendo Power subscription. Anyone with an extra 50% off want to hook me up with a subscription (of course I will pay for it upfront)?

I got the email from Amazon that mentioned this deal and went ahead for Xbox and PSX mags. $11.47 for both.

Wow, the promo is completely invisible til the last checkout page, but there it is, final total $4 for OPM. That's $0.25 an issue, it doesn't get much lower than that. Thanks!

It would have been a great deal if it applied to every one and not just those who have bought games from them in the past couple months to get the 50% off. Oh well, don't really need magazines when I can get more up-to-date info online.

Picked up all of them except for Nintendo Power (already got through tanga). I'm hoping I get a year's worth of issues before any of these magazines close up shop.

I got PSM, OXM, NP for $16.45! Yay awesome deal. I was in it for only the OXM disks as sometimes they have exclusive themes.

Also anyone know if PSM ships with disks on special occasions?

I've ordered several games in the past month but nothing is coming up for the 50% off of PC Gamer. Is there a promotional code that I should have gotten with my game order? The $5 comes up for my order, making it $14.95 but thats it. Can anyone help?

Edit: I guess that the promo is invisible until the order is finalized, is that it? So we have to blindly hope that we get the 50% off applied?

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have sworn I've ordered a game from them in the past month, but no deal for me. I still took P: TOM for $13 with the $5 off thing they're running. A little over a dollar an issue isn't bad.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']I could have sworn I've ordered a game from them in the past month, but no deal for me. I still took P: TOM for $13 with the $5 off thing they're running. A little over a dollar an issue isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Same here, were we supposed to click something before when we ordered a game in order to get the deal or what?

[quote name='Roninalchemist']Same here, were we supposed to click something before when we ordered a game in order to get the deal or what?[/QUOTE]

Not working for me either and I've bought a few games from Amazon this month. :cry:

Nice find!

Renewed OXM from Amazon and ordered PC Gamer and Nintendo Power, all for $17.42. Already had 3 years of PSM from Tanga.com for $12. Got a lot of reading to do now.

bread's done
Back