OXM w/Disk $7.50, Nintendo Power $4 and Other Magazine Discounts at Amazon

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9139[/IMG-R]If you've ordered a video game from Amazon in the last month or so they were running a promotion where you can receive 50% off video game magazine subscriptions. Now, Amazon is running a $5 off magazine subscriptions promotion for the month of September (this comes off the FINAL price and not the original price). I was able to renew my subs to OXM (w disc); Nintendo Power; and Official Playstation Magazine for a total of $16.45 for all three subscription renewals.

FYI: PROMO DOESN'T SHOW UP UNITL CHECKOUT SCREEN!!!!

:wii: Nintendo Power
:360: Official Xbox Magazine w/Disc
:ps3: PlayStation: The Official Magazine
:pc: PC Gamer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='loserboy'][IMG-R=5198]9139[/IMG-R]If you've ordered a video game from Amazon in the last month or so they were running a promotion where you can receive 50% off video game magazine subscriptions. Now, Amazon is running a $5 off magazine subscriptions promotion for the month of September (this comes off the FINAL price and not the original price). I was able to renew my subs to OXM (w disc); Nintendo Power; and Official Playstation Magazine for a total of $16.45 for all three subscription renewals.

FYI: PROMO DOESN'T SHOW UP UNITL CHECKOUT SCREEN!!!!

:wii: Nintendo Power
:360: Official Xbox Magazine w/Disc
:ps3: PlayStation: The Official Magazine
:pc: PC Gamer[/QUOTE]

ummm nintndo power is 19.95 - 50% == 9.97 - 5 = 4.97 NOT 4....

i dont see why people think if a number is 4 and change the price is 4... not coming down on your OP but went to pizza hut over the weekend and asked

i want to order the 5.00 pizza.. you do have the 5.00 pizza right.... she goes yes... order them

on the recept it shows

5.99 EACH that is NOT 5 bucks

I ordered Rhythm Heaven on July 27th and the deal work for me. Picked up OXM and PSM mag for $11.47. I haven't subscribed to OXM since the original Xbox and never read an issue of PSM. But I figure the discs alone are worth the subscription to OXM and at $4 it is worth giving OXM a try. I had a Nintendo Power subscription last year but not enough games come out for the Wii and the only thing I enjoyed were the reviews on virtual console games.

I ordered Shadow of the Colossus a few days ago but it only gives me the $5 off when I go to checkout the magazine subscriptions. I guess I missed the half off cut off date.

Me neither. I get the $5 off when checking out, but the total is now $24.95 and the deal brings it down to $19.95 (which is technically not awful at all). Is the deal dead?

[quote name='skiizim']LoL... On a totally unrelated note, you can get 1yr subscription to Playboy for $10.96

The magazine falls on the $5.00 off promotion[/QUOTE]

Dang, I'd go for that too if not for the mixed company :lol: Seriously, they have to find a way to ship that inoculously :lol: I mean at this point surely just about everyone can grasp that naked bodies != THE EEEEEEVIL!!!! and in all seriousness I know there's been some cool short stories and stuff published first in Playboy, but still...

Anyway, I ordered:
-PC Gamer
-NVision (I'll give it a try!)
-Xbox Mag
-Playstation Mag
-Nintendo Power

Had all but NVision and Nintendo Power (NP I let run out last year since...well it's actually pretty good, but still...).

All that for $18.93!

Two things:
-I don't care about previews-I like kind of knowing "game x is coming out, looks pretty cool, I'll wait for the reviews". Other than that, i have zero interest, and just pretty much blow through about half the magazine.

I like a lot of the articles though, and mainly want the reviews (and the demo stuff on the Xbox mag...hmm, just remembered my Xbox had trouble reading the last disc...which has me worried, as that's the THIRD weird thing it's done in the last 2 months).

-2-I'm annoyed by these single platform magazines. I really miss the days when everything was multi-platform.

Unfortunately PC's always needed to be separate, given how horribly the multiplatform magazines (except Next Generation) have covered PC. (Usually not even bothering to mention a multiplatform game has hit PC, or comparing/contrasting, etc.)

But that's all annoying...but still, Xbox/Playstation/PC Gamer are all pretty good magazines. (I like the PC Gamer magazine too).

Dang...Maximum PC qualifies for at least the $5 off, but I forgot to add it to my first order, and on my second order it's not giving my half off. Still, it's $5 off, so I'm adding a year to that too (geez, I'm going to have soooo many years of some of this stuff).

the 50% discount is working for me, and the only game i "purchased" was the free big kahuna reef, to get the $5 Amazon mp3 store credit.. count me in for a nintendo power and a psx sub. i still need to head over to gamestop to renew my edge card/game informer sub. the sub is $20 at amazon, but at the store it is only $15 plus you get an edge card, which i use when i get used games.

Lame :(

Didn't qualify, and in the last month, I've ordered:

WoW: Wrath Lich King
Peggle Dual Shot (at target through amazon)
Vesperia
Space Bust-A-Move
FFXI Vana'diel

The discount is too good to pass up, but I'm having serious doubt that it's gonna add onto my existing NP subscription, since I've done that directly through Future Publishing in the past.

Has anyone done this in the past and been successful? Do you have to contact Future Publishing yourself?

[quote name='Strell']The discount is too good to pass up, but I'm having serious doubt that it's gonna add onto my existing NP subscription, since I've done that directly through Future Publishing in the past.

Has anyone done this in the past and been successful? Do you have to contact Future Publishing yourself?[/QUOTE]

The last time they ran this same promotion, I successfully added a year onto my Nintendo Power subscription with no hassle. Just make sure that the address you give them is the exact same as what it shows on your magazine's mailing label.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The last time they ran this same promotion, I successfully added a year onto my Nintendo Power subscription with no hassle. Just make sure that the address you give them is the exact same as what it shows on your magazine's mailing label.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm. Mk, that works.

It's not worth the extra $15 going directly to Future, so I'll bite.

Just want to shout out a thank you on this. I still LOVE print media, but haven't had a sub in a while. I got PSM, OXM, and NP for $16! Awesome.

I am missing something, I'm at the check out page and it still has OXM for $20! Is there a code or something I'm not putting in?

I ordered a code for TrialsHD less than a month ago.

if i order 3x of 1yr subscription to any of these mags, do i get 3 years worth or do i get 3 issues per month?

btw im getting the promo and last game i ordered was was 'the world ends with you' for the ds when it was lighting deal on august 4th.

Just got OXM for $7.50.
I almost passed it up, but it should be worth it if they put a few nice exclusives on the disc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I think the only game I've purchased lately was the free Big Kahuna Reef game, like others have reported.

it seems you cant order more than 1 of any one mag. how about if i place multiple orders, will they stack or i get multiples?

Awesome find OP! Got Nintendo Power, OXM and Playstation. Always need something to read on the toilet besides game informer :)

[quote name='Strell']Mmmmm. Mk, that works.

It's not worth the extra $15 going directly to Future, so I'll bite.[/QUOTE]
I've tended to stick with the direct renewal in the past, but Future hasn't provided much if anything as a bonus for subscribing with them, so I'm all for the cheaper route.

OXM still says $24 for me. I bought Kahuna Reef yesterday, but I pre-ordered batman in August. Will this change if I put it in the cart?

EDIT: At checkout it's $7.47, can I apply an ECA discount to this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to subscribe to OXM years ago, but even then the cost was ridiculous given how thin the magazine was.

For $7 and change (assuming a monthly demo disc is included), I'll give them another shot. Thanks to the OP!

[quote name='postulio']if i order 3x of 1yr subscription to any of these mags, do i get 3 years worth or do i get 3 issues per month?

btw im getting the promo and last game i ordered was was 'the world ends with you' for the ds when it was lighting deal on august 4th.[/QUOTE]

If you put 3 as the quantity, you get 3 magazines at the same time for only one year. To get additional years, you need a subscription and then do the option of the "Auto-Renewal", so you can't do this with this deal, only one year apparently.

Went with OXM and NVision. I ordered them more as reference material for Motion Graphics and Typography... at least that is what I'll tell my girlfriend when they start arriving in the mail.

Total was just shy of 13 bucks.

okay. im lost. i keep getting $20 for it(says $5 off promotion) at checkout/final review. so is it over or am i just having bad luck?

[quote name='flop']okay. im lost. i keep getting $20 for it(says $5 off promotion) at checkout/final review. so is it over or am i just having bad luck?[/QUOTE]

this!! help would be appreciated!

[quote name='trunks982']just to let u guys know, NVISION is just 4 issues a year.[/QUOTE]

Eh, that's still only $1.25 an issue, which isn't bad if it's worthwhile. My question, which hasn't been answered yet, is whether it's actually worthwhile.

I haven't bought a game from amazon for a long time but the discount still worked for me. Got all three subscriptions for $16.45. You just have to go to checkout for the discount to show up.

bread's done
Back